PDA

View Full Version : Browns fire GM

Badgerinmaine
11-03-2009, 10:47 AM
The Cleveland Browns, suffering through a truly miserable season, have sacked their GM amid conflicting reports over whether they had to forcibly remove him from the building:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4616312
If I were their coach Eric Mangini, I wouldn't buy a big house in Shaker Heights or Pepper Pike about now...

Partial
11-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Browns are a mess. Next GM will want a new coach I'm sure. Hasn't this guy only been on the job for a few months? I thought Savage was let go this summer.

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb (south park style).

Badgerinmaine
11-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Yes, they hired him after they hired Eric Mangini this offseason; he was apparently Mangini's preferred choice The way they are talking about examining phone records and how they "independently investigated professional and personal conduct by Kokinis", it makes it sound like he was up to something unethical or or criminal of a sort beyond assembling a bad football team. 8-) Something sounds really fishy here.

Bossman641
11-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Strange situation

The guy was hired in January and was Mangini's choice. How does the coach get to choose the GM?

g4orce
11-03-2009, 11:16 AM
They can blame Mangini or that GM all they want but they were headed towards this path ever since that ONE good season they've had

mraynrand
11-03-2009, 01:14 PM
A good GM always finds a way to rid the team of it's best talent and not play the "QB of the future" to save money. How much worse can it get for the Browns? The answer is none, none more worse.