PDA

View Full Version : Clifton, Tausch to start?

KYPack
11-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Rob D from the GBPG thinks they might....

Quote on

Clifton, the opening-day starting left tackle, has played in only parts of three games because of a recurring ankle sprain. He was active against the Vikings but didn’t play. Rookie T.J. Lang made his second career start there and gave up a pair of sacks to Jared Allen and was partially to blame for another.
Third-year pro Allen Barbre has started every game this season at right tackle with mixed results. He didn’t give up a sack on Sunday but unofficially yielded six pressures. Tauscher, who was re-signed on Oct. 12 after nine months of rehabilitation following reconstructive knee surgery, also was active against the Vikings but, like Clifton, did not play.
The question for Clifton and Tauscher is their health. Clifton said after Sunday’s game that he could have played in an emergency situation but wasn’t sure he could be effective for an entire game. Tauscher hasn’t played since he blew out his knee last Dec. 7.
“I don’t know where his knee is at,” Philbin said. “I’m not saying it’s not, but I don’t know if it’s safe to assume he’s ready to play 75 plays.”

Quote off.

I hope to high hell he can go 50 plays.

This might be good for Lang and Barbre. Barbre is a tough dude who is a bit of a moron. Sitting him down might fire him up and get him to that next level. lang is a good tough kid who needs seasoning. He'd watch the old guy go with more experienced eyes and maybe pick something up.

It's no long term solution, but the bench experience might help both Lang and Barbre and give us four tackles who can play effectively, instead of 0 like we had against the Bears.