PDA

View Full Version : They'll take'em down when it counts.

POLISHHAWK
11-03-2009, 05:03 PM
RELAX FELLAS... A super bowl run is not made in the first 1/2 of the regular season. Green Bay will be in the playoffs; write it down.

We lost to (right now) the best football team twice. Ya, it sucks ass... but they still do not have a trophy. I'll surrender these 2 losses for a win that counts. Yes, WE WILL BE PLAYING THEM AGAIN THIS YEAR.

Questions that will be answered by January:

1- Is Brett's true goal already accomplished? Was beating the Pack twice enough to satisfy his vengance? He found out he can't have his cake and eat it too on Sunday. Kudo's for the Boo's Packer Fans,,, put that selfish asshole in his place.
2- It's obvious that MM does not have total trust in Rodgers... will he trust when it counts again (4&7, down by 5, and attempting a 51yd FG with a shaky at best FG kicker?!)

3- Will someone fuckin man up and run the damn ball with authority? Fallsie Wallsie Tripsy Tipsy Grant is a 3rd down back and thats IT. Right now there would be nuttin like Sutton.

4- Where the hell are the slants? Can Rodgers throw them? Why aren't we seeing this?

5- How much better can this defense get? We are seeing improvements (they DID play better this time vs the vikes than the previous time)... Who knows, we might even start getting some QB pressure on a regular basis!

GOD BLESS THE GREEN BAY PACKERS

Maxie the Taxi
11-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Your optimism is admirable but misplaced, UNLESS McCarthy actually acts like the leader of this team and takes real steps to truly solve the problems you point out. Talk is cheap. McCarthy needs to step up, take control and put his money where his mouth is.

FritzDontBlitz
11-03-2009, 05:49 PM
5- How much better can this defense get? We are seeing improvements (they DID play better this time vs the vikes than the previous time)... Who knows, we might even start getting some QB pressure on a regular basis!

They gave up 30 points in game one. They gave up 38 points in game two. -8 point differential is not an improvement.

packerbacker1234
11-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Optimism is good, but first the packers need to actually beat a team with a winning record. And I mean beat them, not have them beat themselves (IE, Chicago).

Booing Favre should not be applauded. I appreciate what he did for us for 16 years. I wanted us to win the game, and it was pretty hard swallowing my packer pride seeing #4, in purple, take it to us at Lambeau.

Deal is this: Call him a selfish asshole if you want, but the mane is 40, and wants to play football. Yeah, he goes back and forth a lot of wether to play or not... but I can't blame him. He is the only QB his age playing the game... of course it's a tough decision to make. He looked good in 2007 with us, good in 2008 until he tore something in his throwing arm, and now that it's healed he looks damn good again this season.

The guy can play football, that's never been the question. The packers did want to start AR last season, not Favre. That's not even a debated topic, since there was a chance we would of lost Rodgers had Favre played. Favre may go on to play another year or two if he so wants, and the vikings don't care if he doesn't decide until week 1 of the regular season because as it looks right now, he is one of the best QB's they have had in their franchise's history.

What I am getting at is: cheer on the packers, but don't boo one of the best to ever lace up cleats for us. Call him a traitor if you want, call him whatever, but the guy is playing the game he loves for a living on a really damn good team that was in the playoffs without him last year.

He's doing what makes him happy, the packers did what htey feel will make them happy. I like AR, and I love Brett, because brett gave us everything he had for 16 years.

Do I want the vikings to win the superbowl? No, I want the packers to, but if we don't get there I don't "mind" if the vikings do. Super Bowls won in our division is good for our division, end of story. Them or the bears, wont bother me, if it's not us. I lean vikes because of Brett, because say what you want, the guy is electric on the field.

The packers season isn't over by a long shot yet, but with the giants, eagles, and dallas all right there, plus chicago, we will have to claw our way into the playoffs. To do that, we have to beat teams with winning records. Until we PROVE we can do that, were just an average ball club with a lot of potentional.

sharpe1027
11-03-2009, 06:07 PM

They gave up 30 points in game one. They gave up 38 points in game two. -8 point differential is not an improvement.

Hard to argue with the numbers; however, those kick returns didn't help the D any.

Bossman641
11-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Optimism is good, but first the packers need to actually beat a team with a winning record. And I mean beat them, not have them beat themselves (IE, Chicago).

Booing Favre should not be applauded. I appreciate what he did for us for 16 years. I wanted us to win the game, and it was pretty hard swallowing my packer pride seeing #4, in purple, take it to us at Lambeau.

Deal is this: Call him a selfish asshole if you want, but the mane is 40, and wants to play football. Yeah, he goes back and forth a lot of wether to play or not... but I can't blame him. He is the only QB his age playing the game... of course it's a tough decision to make. He looked good in 2007 with us, good in 2008 until he tore something in his throwing arm, and now that it's healed he looks damn good again this season.

The guy can play football, that's never been the question. The packers did want to start AR last season, not Favre. That's not even a debated topic, since there was a chance we would of lost Rodgers had Favre played. Favre may go on to play another year or two if he so wants, and the vikings don't care if he doesn't decide until week 1 of the regular season because as it looks right now, he is one of the best QB's they have had in their franchise's history.

What I am getting at is: cheer on the packers, but don't boo one of the best to ever lace up cleats for us. Call him a traitor if you want, call him whatever, but the guy is playing the game he loves for a living on a really damn good team that was in the playoffs without him last year.

He's doing what makes him happy, the packers did what htey feel will make them happy. I like AR, and I love Brett, because brett gave us everything he had for 16 years.

Do I want the vikings to win the superbowl? No, I want the packers to, but if we don't get there I don't "mind" if the vikings do. Super Bowls won in our division is good for our division, end of story. Them or the bears, wont bother me, if it's not us. I lean vikes because of Brett, because say what you want, the guy is electric on the field.

The packers season isn't over by a long shot yet, but with the giants, eagles, and dallas all right there, plus chicago, we will have to claw our way into the playoffs. To do that, we have to beat teams with winning records. Until we PROVE we can do that, were just an average ball club with a lot of potentional.

I would never, ever want either of those teams to win the SB. This isn't the SEC or Big 10 where you want the other teams to do well in bowl season. Those would be the last teams I would want to win.

packerbacker1234
11-03-2009, 06:26 PM

I would never, ever want either of those teams to win the SB. This isn't the SEC or Big 10 where you want the other teams to do well in bowl season. Those would be the last teams I would want to win.

I want the vikings and bears to win it over...

- Dallas, NE, Colts, Giants. Only teams I would really want to see win it over them outside the pack is...

Saints, Cardinals, Chargers. If it's vikings or bears verse any other AFC team but the Chargers, I want them to win.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Yes! Bert's happiness is more important than anything else.

Where i'm from, we call that being selfish.

I'll fucking boo him all day long. He is a traitor, and he is a viking. Vikings get booed.

Deal with it. Bert certainly can.

MJZiggy
11-03-2009, 07:00 PM

Deal with it? Lambeau echoed with boos louder than I've EVER heard that stadium and at the end of the game Favre said he hoped the fans still loved him. Maybe his hearing is shot in his old age?

sharpe1027
11-03-2009, 07:16 PM

Deal with it? Lambeau echoed with boos louder than I've EVER heard that stadium and at the end of the game Favre said he hoped the fans still loved him. Maybe his hearing is shot in his old age?

I loved the green version. Don't particularly like what he has become. People change.

I figure someday he'll come full circle and start realize how silly his antics were. Then I'll be happy to give him a big cheer. Till then, I don't really appreciate that he beat the Packers twice and he'll keep hearing my: booooooos!

Tony Oday
11-03-2009, 07:17 PM
I will boo him until he is not wearing purple again because I am a PACKER fan.

MM needs to step up and be the leader.

AR needs to survive.

Defense needs to make the stops we need.

ST needs to show up.

We really do need a running game however that is the product of a good OL.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-03-2009, 07:26 PM

Deal was in reference to 1234.

mmmdk
11-03-2009, 07:31 PM
...in the year 2525 !

Iron Mike
11-03-2009, 08:13 PM
IDK, I'd kinda like the Pack to have another shot at Brat Fart.

ThunderDan
11-03-2009, 08:20 PM

So the great defensive effort against Chicago was really CHI screwing the pooch.

When the Pack does well its because the other team sucks. (DET, CHI, STL, CLE)

When the Pack does poor its because the Packers suck. (MINN x2, CIN)

How do the Packers win?

If we some how beat PITT (not saying we are) it will be because PITT blew it not because the Pack took it to them.

Little Whiskey
11-03-2009, 08:29 PM
I've been to a number of games at lambeau. bears games, vik games, lion games. the opposing team always gets boo'd during intros. I think its worse though when it is a division rival. I even remember one game (shriner sponsered preseason game) when they announced there shriner princess and parraded her around the field during half time. when they announced that she was from chicago. the fans boo'd her. I had no doubt in my mind that brett would get the boo's.

FYI, I will never root for the viks or bears to win a superbowl. I will never root for the cowboys or colts either. the year that the bears and colts went to the SB. I didn't watch. wanted them both to lose

Brandon494
11-03-2009, 08:32 PM
I don't want anyone in our division to win the SB. Can you imagine the shit we would get if the Vikings won the SB from Viking fans. :evil:

mraynrand
11-03-2009, 08:54 PM

I think the fans love Favre like Tim Robbins was loved in Shawshank Redemption.

Partial
11-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Word on the street is he got a massive standing O when leaving. The classless booers are also the sore loser type who leaves a game early.

mraynrand
11-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Word on the street is he got a massive standing O when leaving. The classless booers are also the sore loser type who leaves a game early.

Were they sore losers when they booed him before the game. It's probably too bad that they won't get a chance to boo his ass again. If we're lucky he'll stick around another year so the Pack can whip him then. I hope I get to see it. I'd be perfectly happy to see them whip Sage or some other Viking QB if Favre doesn't come back. I hate the Vikings.

mraynrand
11-03-2009, 08:59 PM

What street? Brett Favre Pass?

Scott Campbell
11-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Word on the street is he got a massive standing O when leaving.

It was a middle finger salute.

Partial
11-03-2009, 09:00 PM
They said it on WSSP. I have no idea if its true since they switched games.

Bossman641
11-03-2009, 09:05 PM

Leaving the stadium? Well ya, I would assume the Favre lovers would be the only ones to stick around and watch that prick leave.

Partial
11-03-2009, 09:06 PM

Leaving the stadium? Well ya, I would assume the Favre lovers would be the only ones to stick around and watch that prick leave.

Leaving the field.

Pressure is officially on MM and TT.

The Shadow
11-03-2009, 09:13 PM

Leaving the field.

Pressure exists for every member of every team that does not win the Super Bowl.

Iron Mike
11-03-2009, 09:15 PM
IM was in a bar and grill with his GF talking smack to two Queens fans with the support of a big black Bears fan. Check out this classic line:

Queens fan in Tarkenton jersey (obviously frustrated by smack talk, after J. Allen sack): "Where you at, Packer fans???

IM: "Over here, with our 12 Championships."

Queens fan: *crickets chirping*

http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A8720/87207/150_87207.jpg

Bossman641
11-03-2009, 09:19 PM

Leaving the field.

Some of the things you say make no sense to me. You insinuate that classless booers would leave early. What does that mean? Early as in when the Packers turned the ball over on 4th down?

Especially big talk coming from somebody who didn't watch the first half of the game and has missed other games this year as well.

Partial
11-03-2009, 09:37 PM

Leaving the field.

Some of the things you say make no sense to me. You insinuate that classless booers would leave early. What does that mean? Early as in when the Packers turned the ball over on 4th down?

Especially big talk coming from somebody who didn't watch the first half of the game and has missed other games this year as well.

Sorry that I have a job. Can't help that I work about 70 hours a week.

He got a standing O leaving the field, meaning the remaining fans were giving kudos to his stellar performance. That means one of two things.

A) the booers left
B) the booers saw the light and respect Brett for the spectacular once in a generation player that he is

TT and MM undoubtedly look bad right now. Their team has lost to Brett's team and sits in the middle of an average division 5 years after gutting the team. They have little chance at the division and are a long shot to make the playoffs now in my opinion.

How long of a lease do we give these guys knowing that their management style drove the face of the organization out, and also took a first-rate cream of the crop organization and made it middle of the road year after year.

mraynrand
11-03-2009, 09:43 PM
a long shot to make the playoffs now in my opinion. How long of a lease do we give these guys knowing that their management style drove the face of the organization out, and also took a first-rate cream of the crop organization and made it middle of the road year after year.

How many years in the past 10 have the Packers been cream of the crop?

Bossman641
11-03-2009, 09:45 PM

Leaving the field.

He got a standing O leaving the field, meaning the remaining fans were giving kudos to his stellar performance. That means one of two things.

A) the booers left
B) the booers saw the light and respect Brett for the spectacular once in a generation player that he is

TT and MM undoubtedly look bad right now. Their team has lost to Brett's team and sits in the middle of an average division 5 years after gutting the team. They have little chance at the division and are a long shot to make the playoffs now in my opinion.

How long of a lease do we give these guys knowing that their management style drove the face of the organization out, and also took a first-rate cream of the crop organization and made it middle of the road year after year.

There's also the possibility that he stuck around the field for a while, and thus the the only people sticking around would be those wanting to support him. OR that some Favre lovers moved down towards the tunnel at the end of the game to send him off.

I'd say that's a lot more reasonable explanation then Favre turning the crowd to his side (is this Rocky 4?) or all those classless booers leaving early.

Partial
11-03-2009, 09:47 PM

Leaving the field.

A) the booers left

There's also the possibility that he stuck around the field for a while, and thus the the only people sticking around would be those wanting to support him. OR that some Favre lovers moved down towards the tunnel at the end of the game to send him off.

I'd say that's a lot more reasonable explanation then Favre turning the crowd to his side (is this Rocky 4?) or all those classless booers leaving early.

You don't think their is a correlation between the immaturity to boo a legendary Packer and leaving with your tail between your legs after said legendary Packer whips your butt? Are you kidding me?

We're talking everyone remaining in the stadium giving him a roaring ovation. At least that's how I interpreted the radio commentary.

MJZiggy
11-03-2009, 09:50 PM

A) the booers left

1. It's called tivo. Watch first, opinionate second.

You forgot option C, the standing O was in support of the Packers and AR as THEY left the field.

We are in week 8. How is anybody a longshot yet? There's a ton of football to be played yet.

Partial
11-03-2009, 09:53 PM

A) the booers left

1. It's called tivo. Watch first, opinionate second.

You forgot option C, the standing O was in support of the Packers and AR as THEY left the field.

We are in week 8. How is anybody a longshot yet? There's a ton of football to be played yet.

Why would anyone standing O the Packers loss to their arch-rival?

What would I see from TiVoing the game? The broadcast was cut by this point.

Packer players were gone from the field before the Vikes as far as I can tell. They had to stick around for interview, etc. Why would they be on the field longer than the Vikes? They lost...

Bossman641
11-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Apparently your definition of immaturity is my definition of loyalty.

I highly highly doubt the entire crowd sent him off to a roaring, standing ovation.

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/brett%20favre%20crying.JPG

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change.

Partial
11-03-2009, 09:58 PM

I highly highly doubt the entire crowd sent him off to a roaring, standing ovation.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change.

You can be loyal without booing. Do you boo everyone you don't like in your every day life? No. Why? Because that would be immature and stupid and you'd look like a dbag. Doing it at a sporting event is the same thing.

This isn't a college game where you boo the opposition. This is the single greatest player in the history of your franchise. He has won super bowls for your team, and kept them competitive for year and years. You don't have any loyalty if you're up there booing like an idiot.

I have no idea if its true as I wasn't on the game and they cut the broadcast, but the people on WSSP that are in the press box said this happened. I have no idea one way or another.

I don't understand the bolded means at all.

Bossman641
11-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Packer players were gone from the field before the Vikes as far as I can tell. They had to stick around for interview, etc. Why would they be on the field longer than the Vikes? They lost...

Aren't you basically agreeing with my point? Vikings stayed longer to interview, thus Viking/Favre fans would have stayed after the fact. Probably where the cheering came from??

MJZiggy
11-03-2009, 10:01 PM
I didn't know Bart Star was there. Cool. Maybe the O was for him.

Packers4Ever
11-03-2009, 10:02 PM

Deal is this: Call him a selfish asshole if you want, but the mane is 40, and wants to play football. Yeah, he goes back and forth a lot of wether to play or not... but I can't blame him. He is the only QB his age playing the game... of course it's a tough decision to make. He looked good in 2007 with us, good in 2008 until he tore something in his throwing arm, and now that it's healed he looks damn good again this season
The guy can play football, that's never been the question. The packers did
want to start AR last season, not Favre. That's not even a debated topic, since there was a chance we would of lost Rodgers had Favre played. Favre may go on to play another year or two if he so wants, and the vikings don't
care if he doesn't decide until week 1 of the regular season because as it looks right now, he is one of the best QB's they have had in their franchise's history.

Damn good post, PB1234, I'm with you all the way on it including feelings on the tacky reception Brett got on Sunday. One day it'll all be forgotten because when it comes down to it, what Brett Favre has accomplished for
himself, for the franchise and for the whole State of Wisconsin is much
more meaningful.

Partial
11-03-2009, 10:03 PM

Aren't you basically agreeing with my point? Vikings stayed longer to interview, thus Viking/Favre fans would have stayed after the fact. Probably where the cheering came from??

Quite possibly, I have no idea. I'm sure there were some vikings fans and also some Packer fans. I like to think the people of Wisconsin were good enough sports to give the opposition a roaring applause after they defeated the Wisconsin team in battle. I would tip my hat and say well done.

ThunderDan
11-03-2009, 10:04 PM
This isn't a college game where you boo the opposition. This is the single greatest player in the history of your franchise. He has won super bowls for your team, and kept them competitive for year and years. You don't have any loyalty if you're up there booing like an idiot.

I think that is a pretty bold statement. How many championships did he bring GB?

Bossman641
11-03-2009, 10:05 PM

You can be loyal without booing. Do you boo everyone you don't like in your every day life? No. Why? Because that would be immature and stupid and you'd look like a dbag. Doing it at a sporting event is the same thing.

I have no idea if its true as I wasn't on the game and they cut the broadcast, but the people on WSSP that are in the press box said this happened. I have no idea one way or another.

Well no, I don't boo everyone I don't like in my life. I also don't keep liars, dishonest people, or divas in my circle of friend.

Won super BOWL.

The bolded part is from Rocky 4 after Rocky beats Drago in Russia on Christmas Eve, and earns the support of the crowd and govt. officials. To me, that is about as believable as your theory that the crowd turned back to Favre's side and gave him a huge ovation.

Brandon494
11-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Maybe some of you just don't hate the Vikings as some other Packer fans. I know its not his intention but by playing for the Vikings is he pretty much giving the Green Bay Packers a big "F YOU" or in the words of Chad Ochocinco "Child Please".

Iron Mike
11-03-2009, 10:07 PM
http://images.musicclub.it/foto/iv/big/Ivan_Drago.tif.big.jpg

I must break you.

mraynrand
11-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Maybe some of you just don't hate the Vikings as some other Packer fans. I know its not his intention but by playing for the Vikings is he pretty much giving the Green Bay Packers a big "F YOU" or in the words of Chad Ochocinco "Child Please".

How do you know?

Partial
11-03-2009, 10:15 PM

I think that is a pretty bold statement. How many championships did he bring GB?

One. Different much more competitive era. More teams, salary cap, etc. Peyton Manning is the best QB ever in my opinion and he also only has one.

MJZiggy
11-03-2009, 10:17 PM

Different much more competitive era.

WTF, dude, it was your own statement!!???

mraynrand
11-03-2009, 10:31 PM

One. Different much more competitive era. More teams, salary cap, etc. Peyton Manning is the best QB ever in my opinion and he also only has one.

Brady won three in this different much more competitive era. How did he manage that?

gex
11-03-2009, 10:55 PM

Leaving the field.

A) the booers left

Spot on post, P, I'd go with a combination of A & B.

gex
11-03-2009, 10:58 PM

Well no, I don't boo everyone I don't like in my life. I also don't keep liars, dishonest people, or divas in my circle of friend.
Won super BOWL.

The bolded part is from Rocky 4 after Rocky beats Drago in Russia on Christmas Eve, and earns the support of the crowd and govt. officials. To me, that is about as believable as your theory that the crowd turned back to Favre's side and gave him a huge ovation.

I guess that one friend must be a pretty honest guy...LOL :lol:

Partial
11-03-2009, 10:59 PM

Brady won three in this different much more competitive era. How did he manage that?

Brady is also a HOF spectacular out of this world player like Favre playing for another first rate organization. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another one or two.

esoxx
11-03-2009, 11:02 PM
What are you, Polish?

Bossman641
11-03-2009, 11:17 PM

Won super BOWL.

I guess that one friend must be a pretty honest guy...LOL :lol:

Lol, yea he's a hell of a guy.

FriendS. Sorry

channtheman
11-04-2009, 12:08 AM

So now we don't judge QB's on wins again?

Partial
11-04-2009, 12:48 AM

So now we don't judge QB's on wins again?

We do. Brett is the winningest QB ever. Tough to compare to Starr. Very tough. Too many differences as I pointed out.

This sort of reinforces the point of another stupid little debate on here. Like a defense, you don't judge a QB based on yards thrown for (or given up for a D). It is a dumb stat that has too many factors. If you're playing from behind against a prevent you can throw for a million yards in a hurry.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 01:20 AM

Ty blames it on Bush.

Go, ty, its your birfday. We gonna party like its yer birfday.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 01:21 AM
What are you, Polish?

ROFLMAO

Living in AZ and FL before, you just dont' get the polish references.

Kudos!

bobblehead
11-04-2009, 04:04 AM

Only speaking for myself, but in a twisted way I can boo him, wish him a losing season, and still love the things he did for green bay. I think many understand that.

bobblehead
11-04-2009, 04:09 AM

So the great defensive effort against Chicago was really CHI screwing the pooch.

When the Pack does well its because the other team sucks. (DET, CHI, STL, CLE)

When the Pack does poor its because the Packers suck. (MINN x2, CIN)

How do the Packers win?

If we some how beat PITT (not saying we are) it will be because

A wise man (TT) once said you are as good as your record says. You aren't "better" than a .500 team if your record was 8-8. Right now we are 4-3...a little better than average. If we finish 13-3 we will have improved greatly from this point and be a really good team, but right now we are 4-3. You can't discount wins and you can't get extra credit for losses. The other guys lace them up to, and if you beat that team its because you played better that day. If Donald Lee drops one that hits him in the numbers in the endzone you can't say we are really better cuz he SHOULD catch that....he didn't, and that is how good he was on that day, no more, no less.

bobblehead
11-04-2009, 04:16 AM
The packers did want to start AR last season, not Favre. That's not even a debated topic, since there was a chance we would of lost Rodgers had Favre played.

Your post wasn't too bad other than this point. The packers wanted a QB who worked out in the offseason (especially at his age) and played within the system. If BF had committed to those things I think MM and TT would much rather have had BF going into '08. Now as a way of "showing" MM he is playing exactly the way MM begged him to play....3 interceptions in 8 games....are you kidding me?? If BF had played this way for MM he would have cut ARod outright upon request.

bobblehead
11-04-2009, 04:25 AM

Brady is also a HOF spectacular out of this world player like Favre playing for another first rate organization. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another one or two.

Brady also doesn't throw playoff picks like halloween candy.

Partial
11-04-2009, 06:08 AM

Brady also doesn't throw playoff picks like halloween candy.

Brett doesn't either. Brett and Peyton share incredibly similar playoff numbers (I posted this awhile ago) yet nobody ever says this same thing about PMiddy.

pbmax
11-04-2009, 07:24 AM
Brett doesn't either. Brett and Peyton share incredibly similar playoff numbers (I posted this awhile ago) yet nobody ever says this same thing about PMiddy.
I don't know who PMiddy is, but if this is new shorthand for Peyton Manning, then you need to get less of a life and read more message boards or newspapers.

Manning got killed for his horrific playoff numbers prior to his Super Bowl win. Killed. Kilt. Dead. Despite tremendous evidence to the contrary, he was consistently compared unfavorably to Brady (even before Brady's tremendous 2007 campaign). Have you ever heard of the Peyton Manning face? A certain National columnist coined this phrase to describe another Manning playoff disappointment. Football Outsiders has reserved permanent space for a Brady-Manning argument thread to keep it from spreading to other topics.

Manning's horrible playoff record and his team's penchant for losing in the first round of the playoffs even got a boost last year when they lost to the Chargers. I think its safe to say, that except at Packer sites, Manning's playoff disappointments have gotten more play this decade than Favre's.

Iron Mike
11-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Have you ever heard of the Peyton Manning face?

http://www.manningface.com/

Partial
11-04-2009, 07:39 AM
I don't know who PMiddy is, but if this is new shorthand for Peyton Manning, then you need to get less of a life and read more message boards or newspapers.

Manning got killed for his horrific playoff numbers prior to his Super Bowl win. Killed. Kilt. Dead. Despite tremendous evidence to the contrary, he was consistently compared unfavorably to Brady (even before Brady's tremendous 2007 campaign). Have you ever heard of the Peyton Manning face? A certain National columnist coined this phrase to describe another Manning playoff disappointment. Football Outsiders has reserved permanent space for a Brady-Manning argument thread to keep it from spreading to other topics.

Manning's horrible playoff record and his team's penchant for losing in the first round of the playoffs even got a boost last year when they lost to the Chargers. I think its safe to say, that except at Packer sites, Manning's playoff disappointments have gotten more play this decade than Favre's.

Fair enough; I never hear of his failures but the point is they're pretty similar. Even the greats sometimes struggle in the playoffs.

mraynrand
11-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Have you ever heard of the Peyton Manning face?

http://www.manningface.com/

LOL

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bxEuF4LrxkU/SMXRA1MPttI/AAAAAAAAAFU/2jJ9HjmgIac/s400/zzFavre.jpg

mngolf19
11-04-2009, 12:26 PM
I don't want anyone in our division to win the SB. Can you imagine the shit we would get if the Vikings won the SB from Viking fans. :evil:

And deservedly so. :P

mraynrand
11-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Can you imagine the shit we would get if the Vikings won the SB from Viking fans.

I think the Vikings would have a chance winning the Superbowl if they played against their fans.

Smidgeon
11-04-2009, 02:43 PM
This isn't a college game where you boo the opposition. This is the single greatest player in the history of your franchise. He has won super bowls for your team, and kept them competitive for years and years.
Brett is the winningest QB ever. Tough to compare to Starr. Very tough. Too many differences as I pointed out.

I beg to differ. (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2103_The_definitive_list:_Top_10_NFL_quarterbac ks.html)

g4orce
11-04-2009, 02:48 PM
This isn't a college game where you boo the opposition. This is the single greatest player in the history of your franchise. He has won super bowls for your team, and kept them competitive for years and years.
Brett is the winningest QB ever. Tough to compare to Starr. Very tough. Too many differences as I pointed out.

I beg to differ. (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2103_The_definitive_list:_Top_10_NFL_quarterbac ks.html)

Starr, Starr, Starr! Come on people, even Starr has said Brett is better. Ya Starr was on arguably some of the best teams ever but there was friggin 5 teams in the league and hardly ANY BLACK PLAYERS. Favres competition is so much greater its even a joke to compare different ages of the game. There will never be another QB as talented as Brett Favre. Its just too bad our organization and coaches couldnt harness this guy in for the past 8-10 seasons like the Vikes and Holmgren have done. Shame on the Packers.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 03:37 PM

Starr, Starr, Starr! Come on people, even Starr has said Brett is better. Ya Starr was on arguably some of the best teams ever but there was friggin 5 teams in the league and hardly ANY BLACK PLAYERS. Favres competition is so much greater its even a joke to compare different ages of the game. There will never be another QB as talented as Brett Favre. Its just too bad our organization and coaches couldnt harness this guy in for the past 8-10 seasons like the Vikes and Holmgren have done. Shame on the Packers.

Starr is classy. I don't suspect you understand that concept.

As talented as Favre? You mean like Elway? Or Brady? Or Peyton? Take it down a notch Don King.

yeah, shame on the packer org and coaches for not harnessing Bert. Agreed. Personal responsibility be damned.

My god, why would we expect him to show some self discipline? After all, he never showed any in his personal life.

MadtownPacker
11-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Brady also doesn't throw playoff picks like halloween candy.Have you seen some of his latest games? Lately he hasnt been Mr Clutch as much as you like to think.

Sorry, I just cant stand that jerk.

g4orce
11-04-2009, 03:51 PM

As talented as Favre? You mean like Elway? Or Brady? Or Peyton? Take it down a notch Don King.

yeah, shame on the packer org and coaches for not harnessing Bert. Agreed. Personal responsibility be damned.

My god, why would we expect him to show some self discipline? After all, he never showed any in his personal life.

While Starr may be classy and I respect him for that, he doesnt belong in the same sentence with Favre as in throwing a football.

I'll give you Elway and Manning, but Brady belongs with Bradshaw, Aikman, Montana as guys who just had great teams surrounding them.

Guys like Favre, Elway, Marino are QB's that we've never seen before. I put Favre at the of the talent heap because in his day he moved a lot better than Elway and Marino and probably could out throw both as in arm strength. Watch the highlights of him in the mid 90's and its stuff you've never seen from a QB before. And probably never will.

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 03:51 PM

Starr didn't puke up footballs in so many big games.

MadtownPacker
11-04-2009, 04:03 PM
I love how so many of you lames talk about Starr like you actually seen him play. Obviously he was a great QB and won more rings. That I have learned from reading here and other sites. I never witnessed it. How can any of us judge who was better if we where wearing diapers in the last 40 years??

g4orce
11-04-2009, 04:16 PM
I love how so many of you lames talk about Starr like you actually seen him play. Obviously he was a great QB and won more rings. That I have learned from reading here and other sites. I never witnessed it. How can any of us judge who was better if we where wearing diapers in the last 40 years??

Couldnt agree more. Its insane to compare players from different times. Specially ones that played while we still didnt allow blacks to play very much. Hell, for the little selfishness Favre has show, why do we have a statue of Lombardi outside the stadium, that dude was RACIST!

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 04:17 PM

Couldnt agree more. Its insane to compare players from different times. Specially ones that played while we still didnt allow blacks to play very much. Hell, for the little selfishness Favre has show, why do we have a statue of Lombardi outside the stadium, that dude was RACIST!

Hi Tank!

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 04:19 PM

While Starr may be classy and I respect him for that, he doesnt belong in the same sentence with Favre as in throwing a football.

I'll give you Elway and Manning, but Brady belongs with Bradshaw, Aikman, Montana as guys who just had great teams surrounding them.

Guys like Favre, Elway, Marino are QB's that we've never seen before. I put Favre at the of the talent heap because in his day he moved a lot better than Elway and Marino and probably could out throw both as in arm strength. Watch the highlights of him in the mid 90's and its stuff you've never seen from a QB before. And probably never will.

And bert doesn't belong in the same sentence as Starr for being clutch, making good decisions, being a great teammate, etc.

There is more to being a great QB than throwing the ball. Jeff George is that you posting under G4orce?

Brady? Great teams. Maybe you need to look at who was on the offense of some of those great teams. LOL And, you put Montana below Favre. Guess "the catch" was on a great team. LOL

Dude, you wanna talk about a guy with a great team? That fellow's name is Bert. Remind us again how he led us to the SB with a 9-7 team? Or how like elway he led an lesser talented team to the SB multiple times. Remind us again how Bert put the team on his back and willed us to the SB.

Favre moved better than Elway. Dude, you really are embarrasing yourself. Elway had 10 or 11 seasons rushing over 200 yards, and went over 300 once. Bert had ONE season over 200 yards.

The fiction you have created is outstanding. Better arm than elway or marino. LOL Plenty of guys have had cannons before. You act like suddenly there were no great QBs before Favre, Elway and Marino. Yikes.

Must be nice to conveniently forget Fouts, Moon, Anderson, Kelly, etc.

I watched every game of Berts. And unlike you, based on your post, have watched Moon, Fouts, Bradshaw, Staubach, Stabler, Moon, etc.

g4orce
11-04-2009, 04:19 PM

Hi Tank!

Huh?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 04:21 PM

Hi Tank!

Fuck me.

Fritz
11-04-2009, 05:33 PM

I saw Starr play - not in person but on television. And I've done a lot of reading as well.

My opinion is that if you gave me a choice between Starr and Favre, I'd take Starr. Favre has been on talented teams and thrown picks, trying to make the big play. Starr did not make the same kinds of mistakes. He didn't have Favre's arm, for sure. He didn't improvise as well. But I'd take Starr in a big game over Favre.

Until this year, so far. How strange that Favre, after all these years, is finally learning how to play smart. This was the way I wished he'd played for all those Packer years.

And please don't bother with "he doesn't have to take chances any more." That argument is essentially saying he'd have been better if he had better teammates. But Favre made choices about how to play. Ernie Banks often played on sucky teams but he still played well. If you're going to say Favre is so great then you shouldn't have to excuse his bonehead interceptions.

mraynrand
11-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Bert was more elusive in the pocket than Elway, but was slower and a much less effective runner. Elway threw a cleaner, more accurate long ball than Bert. The teams Elway willed to Superbowls were pretty decent (except maybe that 1989 team). The question is whether Dallas and San Fran in 1993-1995 were better than Cleveland in 1986-87, etc. I think Dallas and San Fran were tougher to get by than Cleveland.

MJZiggy
11-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Hell, for the little selfishness Favre has show, why do we have a statue of Lombardi outside the stadium, that dude was RACIST!

Have you lost your mind, son? Lombardi was one of the first GMs to bring a black player onto the team and when the team hotel one night didn't want to allow his black player to stay, he turned the whole team right around and left.

Read this page out of Lombardi's biography, When Pride Still Mattered
. It pretty well sums things up in one page.

http://books.google.com/books?id=9jc9XpPICdUC&pg=PA241&lpg=PA241&dq=lombardi+black+player+hotel&source=bl&ots=4g_gf6FkiX&sig=gThhBvv5Xv0fxrnSO9bp2-OymJE&hl=en&ei=8zPySvK9EdSM8AbR4sXxAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=lombardi%20black%20player%20hotel&f=false

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Bert was more elusive in the pocket than Elway, but was slower and a much less effective runner. Elway threw a cleaner, more accurate long ball than Bert. The teams Elway willed to Superbowls were pretty decent (except maybe that 1989 team). The question is whether Dallas and San Fran in 1993-1995 were better than Cleveland in 1986-87, etc. I think Dallas and San Fran were tougher to get by than Cleveland.

What about later. The sherman years? the MM years. RR year. What about willing us one of those years?

Iron Mike
11-04-2009, 11:22 PM

It wasn't only Elway willing his teams to the SB, Bowlen was cheating on the salary cap when they won.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html