PDA

View Full Version : ""MM, ASK YOURSELF ONE QUESTION""

Bretsky
11-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Wild Bill Strikes; while the points are debateable, some interesting takes...some of which I agree with

http://www.620wtmj.com/sports/billmichaels/68847377.html

Freak Out
11-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Bretsky has anyone seen the Bikini girls lately? I wonder if they still endorse the signing after he helped the Vikings walk all over us. :lol:

bobblehead
11-04-2009, 04:35 AM
I read this much....about one paragraph:

Tauscher and Clifton should start now and sit Lang and Barbre, Spitz should go back to guard since he’s the most experienced
----------------------

The author is a moron. Clifton hasn't played as well as Lang has since the '07 season. Spitz isn't better than EITHER guard that is starting, and has less "experience" than College, not more. (equal years in the league, less starts)

Its actually hard to say how good our interior line is when the tackles have been so bad this season that the guards holding their blocks for more than 1.2 seconds would be all that was needed before the pocket breaks down anyway.

Fritz
11-04-2009, 06:48 AM
"I’m not saying that the best thing to do is scrap everything and go backwards..."

Uh, that's exactly what he's saying. I'm sorry, but that's a moronic article. Last year we couldn't get rid of the 4-3 fast enough after the season - people did nothing but bitch - and rightfully so - about a team that couldn't get a stop.

So now this guy - and some others - want to ditch the 3-4, and explain away the defensive ranking by saying that Detroit and Cleveland don't count?

How many points did Detroit put up against the 4-3 in the first meeting last year? Anybody remember?

Anybody remember that the special teams on Sunday allowed the Vikes to start around the 50 yard line all game long?

pbmax
11-04-2009, 07:14 AM
I think the evidence so far speaks to Spitz being a pretty good Center. Colledge had the best game of the O lineman versus Pat Willimas (mostly). At this point I think people are picking out Colledge because they can think of no other quick fix.

I would argue for Clifton though. The Lang/TE muff of the blitz protection call where Jared Freaking Allen came through unblocked is evidence that we need some experience at that spot. Even if that experience is a worse run blocker.

pbmax
11-04-2009, 07:37 AM
McGinn argues for Tauscher, and he points to 5 1/2 pressures allowed as the clearest indication that Barbre has not improved since four weeks ago.

mraynrand
11-04-2009, 08:27 AM
McGinn argues for Tauscher, and he points to 5 1/2 pressures allowed as the clearest indication that Barbre has not improved since four weeks ago.

Does anyone actually know if Tauscher can play worth shit at this point. We know Barbre can play worth shit; Tauscher may be even worse. Same with Clifton. He didn't look so great when he was in there either.

pbmax
11-04-2009, 09:02 AM

Does anyone actually know if Tauscher can play worth shit at this point. We know Barbre can play worth shit; Tauscher may be even worse. Same with Clifton. He didn't look so great when he was in there either.
The only people who know are the one who watch practice and that doesn't include the reporters. My sense is that McCarthy is loathe to play someone injured who hasn't practiced. So for Clifton at least, I think being active but not starting meant he might have been healthy enough to be cleared, but was not ready to go.

MJZiggy
11-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks for saving me the trouble of clicking on the link, guys. It probably would have irritated me if I had.