PDA

View Full Version : Al Harris emails NFP

denverYooper
11-04-2009, 10:35 AM
I saw this yesterday and didn't have time to post it. I figured someone else would have:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Packers-defense-comes-under-fire.html

After all of the fire that went around, Al wrote to Bowen:

“Look, not every family is perfect, and most are dysfunctional at times,” Harris wrote. “You might be seeing a little of that right now, however, we are family, we have to stick together and I and my teammates will support Dom, his system and all our coaches. We are all players and coaches in this fight together and have to share responsibility and blame. We are at war and will fight for each other. That’s how it’s going to be for the rest of this season.”

Nice move by Al.

Funny this hasn't been picked up in the Wisco papers, at least not that I've seen. They just want to talk about how there's dissension in the ranks and the Packers are going in the shitter.

rbaloha1
11-04-2009, 10:40 AM
This is a big test on MM's leadership to keep the team together after a humiliating loss.

pbmax
11-04-2009, 11:10 AM
This is a big test on MM's leadership to keep the team together after a humiliating loss.
Losing to a 7-0 team is humiliating now?

steve823
11-04-2009, 12:37 PM
7-1

rbaloha1
11-04-2009, 01:26 PM

Twice to #4 is humiliating. #4 dominated. Why are the negative comments surfacing if it was just another game?

If we lose to Tampa is that humiliating?

MichiganPackerFan
11-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Losing to the Vikings always hurts and is almost always humiliating. They're certainly not as good as their record, but GB is close. Losing BOTH games to a #4 led squad was humiliating.

Patler
11-04-2009, 02:10 PM

Twice to #4 is humiliating. #4 dominated. Why are the negative comments surfacing if it was just another game?

Favre didn't dominate, the team dominated.
I would describe Favre's performances as opportunistic more than dominating. Look at this past game, first half. Nothing dominating about Favre's performance, but the team dominated. Even for the whole game, Favre was not dominating.

17 for 28 - not dominating
244 yards - not dominating (especially with 51 on the play with the DBs taking each other out)
4TDs - opportunistic

pbmax
11-04-2009, 03:22 PM

Tampa would be a level beyond humiliating. Hurt comments after the game are nothing new when you fall (effectively) 3 games behind the division leader. And the only angry ones I have read were immediately after the game by Jenkins. And this is a man invisible on his pass rush right now. Frustration or humiliation? I think frustration that he isn't playing like last seasons' first 4 games or the preseason.

One thing that might help Cullen is a return to blitzing inside backers. McGinn had Capers reluctant to do this for fear of Stephen Jackson/Rams game runs being allowed through the gaps.

When Capers rushes in guys from wide off the ball, the DE on that side usually must cross the face of the tackle to engage both he and guard (OLB can be asked to do similar to TE/tackle), essentially giving himself over to the double-team so that the safety or CB can come in unblocked, or at a minimum have only a back to contend with.

rbaloha1
11-04-2009, 03:25 PM

I would describe Favre's performances as opportunistic more than dominating. Look at this past game, first half. Nothing dominating about Favre's performance, but the team dominated. Even for the whole game, Favre was not dominating.

244 yards - not dominating (especially with 51 on the play with the DBs taking each other out)
4TDs - opportunistic

7tds 0 int. no sacks in 2 games imo is dominating. To add insult to injury -- beautiful throws in tight windows and sometimes under pressure. Dominating along with Allen imo. Petersen -- not dominating.

MadtownPacker
11-04-2009, 03:45 PM

4TDs - opportunisticI agree that the vikings team dominated but Favre is part of that team. With that said you know I dont really call you out cuz most of the time you are right. But in this instance you are doing what my generation likes to call "playa hating".

Sorry man but those stats are great and the old man made enough big plays to help his team win a huge division and personal game.

Zool
11-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Percy Harvin dominated the game. Farve played very well.

MadtownPacker
11-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Percy Harvin dominated the game. Favre played very well.purple slurper.

Zool
11-04-2009, 04:35 PM

Favre man-juice gargler.

MadtownPacker
11-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Al's lucky this aint 50 yrs ago. Mouthy Negro like him wouldn't do so well. :lol:

Freak Out
11-04-2009, 04:36 PM

Favre man-juice gargler.

Those are the same now right?

MadtownPacker
11-04-2009, 04:39 PM

Favre man-juice gargler.

Those are the same now right?Shit, is that a draw? Doesnt matter, Zool is White and pale so he loses.

Zool
11-04-2009, 04:44 PM

Favre man-juice gargler.

Those are the same now right?Shit, is that a draw? Doesnt matter, Zool is White and pale so he loses.

Fuck. Lack of melanin kills me every time.

Fritz
11-04-2009, 05:36 PM

Tampa would be a level beyond humiliating. Hurt comments after the game are nothing new when you fall (effectively) 3 games behind the division leader. And the only angry ones I have read were immediately after the game by Jenkins. And this is a man invisible on his pass rush right now. Frustration or humiliation? I think frustration that he isn't playing like last seasons' first 4 games or the preseason.

One thing that might help Cullen is a return to blitzing inside backers. McGinn had Capers reluctant to do this for fear of Stephen Jackson/Rams game runs being allowed through the gaps.

When Capers rushes in guys from wide off the ball, the DE on that side usually must cross the face of the tackle to engage both he and guard (OLB can be asked to do similar to TE/tackle), essentially giving himself over to the double-team so that the safety or CB can come in unblocked, or at a minimum have only a back to contend with.

Just my perception, PB, but I thought I saw several times when Capers sent players up the middle, and Minny's o-line just picked them up, no big deal. Not even a push.

That's what has been aggravating for me. He sends blitzes and no one gets there.

mraynrand
11-04-2009, 05:42 PM
He sends blitzes and no one gets there.

Bottom line. (And when he sends the zone blitz and it doesn't get there you have Kampman looking like a fool in 'coverage' on Harvin. LOL. Easy pickins for Bert.

SnakeLH2006
11-07-2009, 12:49 AM
Al Harris is not a great guy. Met him once a few years ago. Very aloof. Funny thing is that Snake has a few drinking buddies who have met Al at various nightclubs with Johnny Jolly.....crazy bastard cheating on his wife floozing with floozies.