PDA

View Full Version : Why is Favre performing so well this year?

channtheman
11-04-2009, 01:25 PM
I've been trying to figure out why Favre has been playing so under control this year and can't figure it out. I've heard people say it's because he finally has a good running game but I disagree with that. I went back and looked up Ahman Green's stats from 2000-2004 and also Favre's stats that same year. Just for comparison's sake I also added in Favre's 2007 and 2009 season stats.

Ahman Green
Rushing
Year Att Yds TD Lng Yds/Att
2000 263 1175 10 39 4.5
2001 304 1387 9 83 4.6
2002 286 1240 7 43 4.3
2003 355 1883 15 98 5.3
2004 259 1163 7 90 4.5

Receiving
Year Rec Yds TD Lng Yds/Rec
2000 73 559 3 31 7.7
2001 62 594 2 42 9.6
2002 57 393 2 23 6.9
2003 50 367 5 27 7.3
2004 40 275 1 48 6.9

Brett Favre

Year Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Yds/Att Lng Rtg
2000 338 580 58.3 3812 20 16 6.6 67 78
2001 314 510 61.6 3921 32 15 7.7 67 94.1
2002 341 551 61.9 3658 27 16 6.6 85 85.6
2003 308 471 65.4 3361 32 21 7.1 66 90.4
2004 346 540 64.1 4088 30 17 7.6 79 92.4

2007 356 535 66.5 4155 28 15 7.8 82 95.7

Vikings
2009 174 256 68 1925 16 3 7.5 63 106

As you can see, in 2003, Green had an amazing year. Favre threw far fewer passes than he usually does and yet he still somehow managed to throw 21 interceptions. Even in 2007 on his amazing year he still threw 15 INT's. However, this year he is on pace for only 6, which would be his lowest total ever. Does anyone know exactly why Favre is doing so much better?

rbaloha1
11-04-2009, 01:28 PM
My guess is Chilly would bench #4 if he played like the 05 season. Also #4 may buy-in to the Minny's system more than MM's system.

Noodle
11-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Very good post.

I can't figure it out. He has the same QB coach that he had here, yet he's playing so much better. In fact, I think he's playing the best football of his career, particularly from the mental aspect.

I would never have guessed that he was capable of this. His play shows a much higher level of film study and discipline than he has ever displayed.

Could he hate us so much that he's finally become the QB we all hoped he could become? (OK, that's a little over the top, but what's YOUR explanation?)

sharpe1027
11-04-2009, 01:34 PM
My guess is Chilly would bench #4 if he played like the 05 season. Also #4 may buy-in to the Minny's system more than MM's system.

The same Chilly that was Favre's personal chauffeur? Doubtful, especially given he'd have to put in TJack or Sage instead, not to mention all the $$ Favre brings in to the Vikings.

He's a simple answer: Favre's older and more experienced, he's trying to fit in with a new group of teammates and he has a chip on his shoulder to prove everyone wrong.

denverYooper
11-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Some of it can be probably be explained by his later-season fades. We're only looking at half a season. IIRC, it seemed like he had started out with a QB rating >100 for a few of those years after 8 games and went downhill. The same thing happened last year with the Jets -- everyone was riding high on Favre for about 10 games. Then, BANG-O.

I'm not saying it's going to happen this year, but there has been such a trend in Favre's play over the last few.

In fact, didn't the chart of his second half fades make its way around here? I'll see if I can dig it up.

Partial
11-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Talent. Percy Harvin is a freak of nature (super star) and while Green was the best all-around back (or top few) during his prime, he's no AP.

Favre also has an elite D behind him which is not to be under estimated.

rbaloha1
11-04-2009, 01:52 PM

The same Chilly that was Favre's personal chauffeur? Doubtful, especially given he'd have to put in TJack or Sage instead, not to mention all the $$ Favre brings in to the Vikings.

He's a simple answer: Favre's older and more experienced, he's trying to fit in with a new group of teammates and he has a chip on his shoulder to prove everyone wrong.

Listen to the Brandt interview. Chilly "Kissed #4's ass" to lure him in. Once signed Chilly dictates.

denverYooper
11-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Hm, here's 2005-2009

Category First 11 games Last 5 games
Comp pct 64.8 56.1
Pass yards 253.8 211.4
TD-Int 75-50 13-34
Passer rating 88.2 59.9

Patler
11-04-2009, 02:00 PM
A couple things:

For the first time in his career, Favre admitted last year that his play hurt his team. He had the crutch of the injury for an excuse, but he admitted that the interceptions hurt the Jets. In the past, he excused it by "trying to make a play."

Favre HAS changed. Almost an awakening of sorts. Both Percy Harvin and T. Jackson have commented on how much Favre has tried to help them this year, explaining things, giving advice, etc. Contrast that with his cold attitude toward Rodgers (saying it wasn't his job to teach Rodgers anything) and the article about how he barely even spoke to Jennings as a rookie.

After the Packers and Jets were willing to move on without him, perhaps he is making more of an effort in those areas.

channtheman
11-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Talent. Percy Harvin is a freak of nature (super star) and while Green was the best all-around back (or top few) during his prime, he's no AP.

I'm not even talking about wins though. His defense should not play in to the fact that he's thrown only 3 INT's this year.

Is Favre not taking risks this year?

channtheman
11-04-2009, 02:10 PM
A couple things:

For the first time in his career, Favre admitted last year that his play hurt his team. He had the crutch of the injury for an excuse, but he admitted that the interceptions hurt the Jets. In the past, he excused it by "trying to make a play."

Favre HAS changed. Almost an awakening of sorts. Both Percy Harvin and T. Jackson have commented on how much Favre has tried to help them this year, explaining things, giving advice, etc. Contrast that with his cold attitude toward Rodgers (saying it wasn't his job to teach Rodgers anything) and the article about how he barely even spoke to Jennings as a rookie.

After the Packers and Jets were willing to move on without him, perhaps he is making more of an effort in those areas.

Interesting point. It's just surprising to me that after so many years he would change now.

Partial
11-04-2009, 02:10 PM

I'm not even talking about wins though. His defense should not play in to the fact that he's thrown only 3 INT's this year.

Not true. Everything is inter-related.

With a good D, you know you don't need to score say 30 pts, for example, and that say 17 will do. Ipso facto, he doesn't take the risk of chucking it down field for a pick, for example.

denverYooper
11-04-2009, 02:11 PM
More interesting, maybe

splits by location:

Outdoor Indoor
04 87.5 102.6
05 67.8 83.6
06 66.9 112.5
07 92.2 108
08 81.0 --
09 97.5 111.3

splits by weather:

>40F 80+F
04 91.3 --
05 57.4 --
06 54.2 90.9
07 87.8 104.1
08 57.4 --
09 -- --

MichiganPackerFan
11-04-2009, 02:13 PM
At the risk of being to hard on the guy, maybe after 16 years it became mundane and he mailed it in. It's a well known fact that he hates offseason work. That's why so much was reported when he actually did some core training a few years back. It took him a season in NY to realize he couldn't just show up any more and actually had to plan and focus. New team + payback mission = new focus.

channtheman
11-04-2009, 02:14 PM

With a good D, you know you don't need to score say 30 pts, for example, and that say 17 will do. Ipso facto, he doesn't take the risk of chucking it down field for a pick, for example.

I disagree. I remember at least one game against Cincinatti a few years ago where Favre threw 5 INT's and we lost 21-14 or something like that. Or are you saying that Favre must take risks if he doesn't have a good D? The playoff game against the Eagles or the Vikings where he would launch a lame duck to no one was a result of a less than stellar defense?

Partial
11-04-2009, 02:21 PM

I disagree. I remember at least one game against Cincinatti a few years ago where Favre threw 5 INT's and we lost 21-14 or something like that. Or are you saying that Favre must take risks if he doesn't have a good D? The playoff game against the Eagles or the Vikings where he would launch a lame duck to no one was a result of a less than stellar defense?

There isn't a direct correlation. Having a D does not mean he's not going to take risks or make stupid throws. Having a D likely effects his thought process, though.

b bulldog
11-04-2009, 02:23 PM
This is an easy one, first of all, Minnesota makes sure that Brett stays upright during the game. They rarely go to an empty backfield set and Brett is also very good at getting the ball out very quickly. The Vikings Oline is also very good and it helps when you have a player like Klinesaser? at his size to help with blitz pick ups. The Packers blitzed quite a bit during this past game but they were usually picked up.
It also helps when you have a freak at rb like AP. This luxury allows for many 2nd and 3rd and manageable situations. Rarely in this past weeks game was MN in third and long. AP also opens up the pass in terms of the respect that teams give him. As of now, oppossing D's are first trying to stop the run, not the pass. This allows the passing lanes to be much more open for the short slants ect.
Brett has a speedster in Berrian, a possession guy in Rice, and a freak in Harvin. All three of these talented players along with Taylor and Shianco give the Vikings a formidable passing threat. Rice has hands like CCarter and if Berrian ever gets healthy, he will really stretch the d.
He also has a D that puts great pressure on the opposition and a ST's unit that seems to be winning the field position battle, on a weekly basis. lastly and most importantly, Brett has turned into a smart QB. He no longer throws his usual bad throws in a game, he instead uses his head, and the talent around him to keep moving the chains. The Vikings are for real and Brett could easily win his 4th MVP.

g4orce
11-04-2009, 02:30 PM
This is an easy one, first of all, Minnesota makes sure that Brett stays upright during the game. They rarely go to an empty backfield set and Brett is also very good at getting the ball out very quickly. The Vikings Oline is also very good and it helps when you have a player like Klinesaser? at his size to help with blitz pick ups. The Packers blitzed quite a bit during this past game but they were usually picked up.
It also helps when you have a freak at rb like AP. This luxury allows for many 2nd and 3rd and manageable situations. Rarely in this past weeks game was MN in third and long. AP also opens up the pass in terms of the respect that teams give him. As of now, oppossing D's are first trying to stop the run, not the pass. This allows the passing lanes to be much more open for the short slants ect.
Brett has a speedster in Berrian, a possession guy in Rice, and a freak in Harvin. All three of these talented players along with Taylor and Shianco give the Vikings a formidable passing threat. Rice has hands like CCarter and if Berrian ever gets healthy, he will really stretch the d.
He also has a D that puts great pressure on the opposition and a ST's unit that seems to be winning the field position battle, on a weekly basis. lastly and most importantly, Brett has turned into a smart QB. He no longer throws his usual bad throws in a game, he instead uses his head, and the talent around him to keep moving the chains. The Vikings are for real and Brett could easily win his 4th MVP.

very nice post!

Sparkey
11-04-2009, 02:54 PM

Except that he is on pace to get sacked 36 times this year, which would be more than any time since the 1998 season when he was sacked 38 times.

pbmax
11-04-2009, 03:02 PM

Listen to the Brandt interview. Chilly "Kissed #4's ass" to lure him in. Once signed Chilly dictates.
I didn't need to listen to it to find your logic flawed. Favre holds the power in the relationship. Who would he bench 4 for? Rosenfels? Favre came in on his own timeline and he's still changing plays against the wishes of the coaches. Chilly is along for the ride.

Favre is out to prove something and its going well so far for him.

g4orce
11-04-2009, 03:10 PM

I think thats what makes him so intriguing. Dude says there gonna win the Super Bowl, they win the Super Bowl. Dude gets pissed off during a game, usually played better after it. Dude is told he's washed up, cant do it anymore... dude plays better than ever.

rbaloha1
11-04-2009, 03:23 PM

I didn't need to listen to it to find your logic flawed. Favre holds the power in the relationship. Who would he bench 4 for? Rosenfels? Favre came in on his own timeline and he's still changing plays against the wishes of the coaches. Chilly is along for the ride.

Good point. The streak means something to #4. Threaten the streak keeps #4 in-line. Yes, #4 has much to prove -- so far proving it.

pbmax
11-04-2009, 03:28 PM

I think thats what makes him so intriguing. Dude says there gonna win the Super Bowl, they win the Super Bowl. Dude gets pissed off during a game, usually played better after it. Dude is told he's washed up, cant do it anymore... dude plays better than ever.
He has said this before. Praised his teammates as the most talented ever and said "Super Bowl or Bust" and it didn't quite work out that way. His team is playing perfectly well around him now and they are very talented. I think he is willful enough to play very good games against the Packers. It remains to be seen if he can sustain this for the rest of the schedule.

g4orce
11-04-2009, 03:35 PM

He has said this before. Praised his teammates as the most talented ever and said "Super Bowl or Bust" and it didn't quite work out that way. His team is playing perfectly well around him now and they are very talented. I think he is willful enough to play very good games against the Packers. It remains to be seen if he can sustain this for the rest of the schedule.

I feel all those indoor games are going to benefit him greatly and the fact that even in the playoffs he may not have to leave the indoors whether its them or the Saints will homefield all the way thru. I also think he's telling the truth about how his arm feels and that it hasnt felt as good as it has in years. I think that Dr. Andrews does wonders for a lot of athletes. Those might be the 2 biggest factors in the whole thing. Now, all he has to do is avoid the big hit and I really don't see this Viking team being stopped unless it is truly by the better opponent or a team thats just flat out hot.

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 03:46 PM
All that extra work with the high schoolers this summer really paid off.

g4orce
11-04-2009, 03:53 PM

Isn't it great that a guy like Favre can just disprove all that bullshit stuff they do all year long? Guys like him shouldnt have to attend that shit. It's pointless. These guys need their time off as well and maybe if they had it, more would play as long and as good as Brett has.

I've figure out in a hurry youre going to be a Brett Favre hater, no matter how many times he crams that football in the Packers endzone with a smile on his face.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 03:59 PM

Isn't it great that a guy like Favre can just disprove all that bullshit stuff they do all year long? Guys like him shouldnt have to attend that shit. It's pointless. These guys need their time off as well and maybe if they had it, more would play as long and as good as Brett has.

I've figure out in a hurry youre going to be a Brett Favre hater, no matter how many times he crams that football in the Packers endzone with a smile on his face.

And, we've figured that you are TT hater and Bert lover.

g4orce
11-04-2009, 04:01 PM

I'm not a TT hater because of the Favre fiasco though. Well I shouldn't put it that way. That was just the icing on the cake. I don't like his ways of building a team, hate me for it, but I really don't care. We now are seeing how shitty of a team this is. Any time we face real talent, we fold. I wasn't a MM hater for the first couple years, but I sure as hell am now.

side note: I had a dream that Holmgren came back as our GM and Gruden came back as our head coach. Oh its nice to live in the fantasy world.

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 04:04 PM

I strongly disapprove of all lying scumbags, regardless of their ability to win a few football games.

MadtownPacker
11-04-2009, 04:05 PM
I strongly disapprove of all lying scumbags, regardless of their ability to win a few football games.Save it, you most likely lie daily at work and probably at home too.

g4orce
11-04-2009, 04:05 PM

I strongly disapprove of all lying scumbags, regardless of their ability to win a few football games.

Ya just different opinions. It's all good. I think Favre fans are now happy for the situation he is in, can we say the same about Packer fans? It sure doesnt seem like it.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 04:06 PM

I'm not a TT hater because of the Favre fiasco though. Well I shouldn't put it that way. That was just the icing on the cake. I don't like his ways of building a team, hate me for it, but I really don't care. We now are seeing how shitty of a team this is. Any time we face real talent, we fold. I wasn't a MM hater for the first couple years, but I sure as hell am now.

side note: I had a dream that Holmgren came back as our GM and Gruden came back as our head coach. Oh its nice to live in the fantasy world.

Right. So, you were a TT hater from the beginning. You just admitted it. Yeah, so you were hating him after mm was hired and we went 8-8 and then 13-3. LOL

Side note: Well, this pretty much proves how little you know about football. Holmgren was a DISASTER as a GM. DISASTER. Gruden. Yeah, he has been great at taking over teams that other coaches assembled. Pretty much killed the Bucs.

g4orce
11-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Right. So, you were a TT hater from the beginning. You just admitted it. Yeah, so you were hating him after mm was hired and we went 8-8 and then 13-3. LOL

Side note: Well, this pretty much proves how little you know about football. Holmgren was a DISASTER as a GM. DISASTER. Gruden. Yeah, he has been great at taking over teams that other coaches assembled. Pretty much killed the Bucs.

First, I didnt think we were that good in 2007. I figured 13-3 was a huge fluke just because of the way we won some of the games. I'm not sure why you're attacking me over having a different opinion on this, is that no ok on these message boards?

Second, Holmgren was no disaster, he drafted a lot of the guys that were key to him going to the Super Bowl, and traded for Hasselbeck, the QB that got him there. So how is this a disaster? (Holmgren built the core of the dominant super bowl team of 2005 by drafting RB Shaun Alexander ('00), WR Darryl Jackson ('00), LG Steve Hutchinson ('01), DT Rocky Bernard ('02), TE Jeremy Stevens ('02), and CB Ken Lucas ('01), among other great draft selections.)

And third, Gruden has a ring, he's earned it and theres nothing u can say or do to take it away from him. He's won a lot of football games and I believe hes a discplined coach, that runs the same sort of offense we do that we need around Green Bay. Again, why are u killing me for having a different opinion that yours?

shows how much u know about football... hah kiddin

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Isn't it great that a guy like Favre can just disprove all that bullshit stuff they do all year long?

Yeah, it's great as long as you don't believe in teamwork, chemistry and dedication.

g4orce
11-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Isn't it great that a guy like Favre can just disprove all that bullshit stuff they do all year long?

Yeah, it's great as long as you don't believe in teamwork, chemistry and dedication.

I havent' heard a bitch outta the lockerroom in Minnesota, all love. Can you say the same about Green Bay with their "hard working QB"?

Chemistry eh? Hows Favre and the WR's stats compare to years prior... I'm gonna guess they are a little better? so throw that out...

Dedication? Really?... thats hilarious to a guy thats starting his 300th game following the bye (including playoffs)

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 04:19 PM

I havent' heard a bitch outta the lockerroom in Minnesota, all love. Can you say the same about Green Bay with their "hard working QB"?

Chemistry eh? Hows Favre and the WR's stats compare to years prior... I'm gonna guess they are a little better? so throw that out...

Dedication? Really?... thats hilarious to a guy thats starting his 300th game following the bye (including playoffs)

Dedication to a streak he maintained at the expense of a Jet playoff berth. That's dedicaton - to himself.

MOBB DEEP
11-04-2009, 04:20 PM

Rocking the cargo shorts and running stadium stairs with wifey.....one of a kind. Need statue at lambeau right next to the god father

MadtownPacker
11-04-2009, 04:21 PM
BTW - Admin Joe, you might want to check out G4orce. Im pretty sure it is a banned member named pacopete. He was due to show his face about now.

Sorry paco, I just know you too well. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
11-04-2009, 04:22 PM
wow....

LEWCWA
11-04-2009, 04:23 PM

Side note: Well, this pretty much proves how little you know about football. Holmgren was a DISASTER as a GM. DISASTER. Gruden. Yeah, he has been great at taking over teams that other coaches assembled. Pretty much killed the Bucs.read his post b4 answering. Said he wasn't a hater the first couple years...for someone who call people out on this all the time maybe you need to lighten up. The guy makes a good point and you totally misread his statement. This team has been stagenent for a few years now....

g4orce
11-04-2009, 04:24 PM
BTW - Admin Joe, you might want to check out G4orce. Im pretty sure it is a banned member named pacopete. He was due to show his face about now.

So I'm Tank and pacopete? And I would assume that Tank is banned as well if people are saying I'm him? So I take it, any sort of different opinion on these boards are not welcomed? Hmm.. Welp, this might be a waste of time then.

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 04:25 PM

So I'm Tank and pacopete? And I would assume that Tank is banned as well if people are saying I'm him? So I take it, any sort of different opinion on these boards are not welcomed? Hmm.. Welp, this might be a waste of time then.

FYI,

Mad shares your opinion. Nice conclusion jumping.

People are often suspicious of behavior of that resembling banned posters.

g4orce
11-04-2009, 04:26 PM
FYI,

Thank you.

MadtownPacker
11-04-2009, 04:32 PM

FYI,

People are often suspicious of behavior of that resembling banned posters.What SC says is true.

Sorry paco, but I know for sure it is you now. How you been?

Zool
11-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Second, Holmgren was no disaster, he drafted a lot of the guys that were key to him going to the Super Bowl, and traded for Hasselbeck, the QB that got him there. So how is this a disaster? (Holmgren built the core of the dominant super bowl team of 2005 by drafting RB Shaun Alexander ('00), WR Darryl Jackson ('00), LG Steve Hutchinson ('01), DT Rocky Bernard ('02), TE Jeremy Stevens ('02), and CB Ken Lucas ('01), among other great draft selections.)

Actually Tompson was in control of almost all of those draft picks.

Partial
11-04-2009, 04:37 PM

And such great picks as Justin Harrell, Brandon Jackson, Brian Brohm, AJ Hawk, Aaron Rouse, and so on and so forth!

Sorry, someone was going to do it eventually.

Zool
11-04-2009, 04:40 PM

And such great picks as Justin Harrell, Brandon Jackson, Brian Brohm, AJ Hawk, Aaron Rouse, and so on and so forth!

Yeah he's made some really bad picks, but to credit Holmgren for building the team in Seattle is about as false as you can get.

Can talent evaluators just lose it? Can they lose the ability to spot talent when all of the pressure is on them? Or is this just a string of bad luck? Or did he have a string of good luck before?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 04:43 PM

First, I didnt think we were that good in 2007. I figured 13-3 was a huge fluke just because of the way we won some of the games. I'm not sure why you're attacking me over having a different opinion on this, is that no ok on these message boards?

And third, Gruden has a ring, he's earned it and theres nothing u can say or do to take it away from him. He's won a lot of football games and I believe hes a discplined coach, that runs the same sort of offense we do that we need around Green Bay. Again, why are u killing me for having a different opinion that yours?

shows how much u know about football... hah kiddin

You are a hater. You just admitted it. You have no basis for it. You don't like TT so 13-3 is a fluke. Was 8-8 a fluke? What about 4-12?

Holmgren: I see. So his record of 31-33 as GM mean nothing? I'm sorry, i thought we judged people on wins and losses..isn't that what you were saying about TT and the pack. That look at what they have built...a shitty team. Seems that after Holmie's 4th year their record was 7-9. LOL

Gruden: Yes, he won a SB. With a LOADED team that another coach built. Gruden's career record is 14 games above 500.

Offense? Have you been watching the Bucs? LOL

Yeah, he is disciplined. That is why TB was top 5 in penalty yardage last year.

Since winning the SB, gruden has ONE season with double digit wins. :lol:

Fritz
11-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Getting back to the original topic, I have been pondering why Favre is so good this year. Wouldn't it suck if, after all these years, he finally, finally figured out how to channel all that talent - for the damn Vikings???

Bretsky
11-04-2009, 06:18 PM
He has a great OL
He has weapons
He has Vets that he connects with
Solid Coaching that he connects with

MichiganPackerFan
11-04-2009, 06:30 PM
I strongly disapprove of all lying scumbags, regardless of their ability to win a few football games.Save it, you most likely lie daily at work and probably at home too.

I didn't know you were a lawyer :rs:

MichiganPackerFan
11-04-2009, 06:32 PM

Didn't hear much in NY either until the end of the season. We'll see once they hit a couple of consecutive losses...

MichiganPackerFan
11-04-2009, 06:34 PM

And despite some of those names, i still think he's done a LOT better than Sherman!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 07:07 PM

Side note: Well, this pretty much proves how little you know about football. Holmgren was a DISASTER as a GM. DISASTER. Gruden. Yeah, he has been great at taking over teams that other coaches assembled. Pretty much killed the Bucs.read his post b4 answering. Said he wasn't a hater the first couple years...for someone who call people out on this all the time maybe you need to lighten up. The guy makes a good point and you totally misread his statement. This team has been stagenent for a few years now....

Why dont' you try reading and comprehending. He said the FAVRE situation was the ICING on the cake. That means the cake was there from the beginning.

But, just proves how irrational some folks are. They dislike him while he was going 8-8 and 13-3.

No, i didn't misread, you did. You dont' understand a common expression like ICING ON THE CAKE.

The team has been stagnant for a few years? I see, we were 13-3 in 07 but were were stagnant.

Dude, come back when you actually have some logic behind your assertions.

Smidgeon
11-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Ya just different opinions. It's all good. I think Favre fans are now happy for the situation he is in, can we say the same about Packer fans? It sure doesnt seem like it.

I can't speak for other Packers fans, but for me, I couldn't care less about him. When he was the GB QB, I liked him. Then he was on another team and AR was the GB QB. Then this thing called cognitive dissonance occurred where the psychological internal conflict reared its head regarding who I would follow if BF played GB (even when he was with the Jets). I realized quickly that I'm a Packer fan, which means that it's irrelevant who plays the Packers. I want the Packers to win. Game that don't include GB, I simply don't care about unless they affect GB's playoff chances, who GB would play in the playoffs, or worsening the division rivals playoff chances and draft stock.

Smidgeon
11-04-2009, 07:28 PM

Justin Harrell - The guy has skills. Not a bad pick, especially considering his injury is not from college. He just has Terrance Murphy Syndrome: the pick looks bad because of what happened afterwards.

Brandon Jackson - He isn't done yet. He hasn't done a lot yet, but he isn't done yet.

Brohm - Not a bad pick. Most people had him in the top of the 2nd, bottom of the 1st. Another case of TMS where Brohm not stepping up can't really be attributed to TT.

Hawk - Seriously? He's on this list?

Aaron Rouse - Good combine workout, great measurables for a safety, a third round draft pick. Not a first or a second.

My point being, that even if these haven't worked out, you can't blame them on "poor" GMing. The ones that don't work out you can blame on TMS, because they looked good at the time (even JH looked good at the time--a risk, but he looked good).

Partial
11-04-2009, 07:38 PM

Yeah he's made some really bad picks, but to credit Holmgren for building the team in Seattle is about as false as you can get.

Can talent evaluators just lose it? Can they lose the ability to spot talent when all of the pressure is on them? Or is this just a string of bad luck? Or did he have a string of good luck before?

I think TT is solid at some positions and less so at others.

Smidgeon
11-04-2009, 08:04 PM

I think TT is solid at some positions and less so at others.

That is something with which I can unequivocally agree.

LEWCWA
11-04-2009, 09:02 PM

Why dont' you try reading and comprehending. He said the FAVRE situation was the ICING on the cake. That means the cake was there from the beginning.

But, just proves how irrational some folks are. They dislike him while he was going 8-8 and 13-3.

No, i didn't misread, you did. You dont' understand a common expression like ICING ON THE CAKE.

The team has been stagnant for a few years? I see, we were 13-3 in 07 but were were stagnant.

Your right as usual--13-3 was an abberation for this team. Fueled by a dynamic Favre. Anyhow, I don't hate TT-he is solid except for OL it seems, MM is a good coach maybe not great though. This team is what it is a .500 ball club give or take a game or 2 either way. Not all bad!

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 09:09 PM

Your right as usual--13-3 was an abberation for this team. Fueled by a dynamic Favre. Anyhow, I don't hate TT-he is solid except for OL it seems, MM is a good coach maybe not great though. This team is what it is a .500 ball club give or take a game or 2 either way. Not all bad!

Translation: I was way off base in my statement about being stagnant, so let's switch the argument.

I see, the 13-3 was fueled by Bert. Was the 4-12 fueled by him as well? What about 8-8? Fueling or not fueling?

LEWCWA
11-04-2009, 09:22 PM

Translation: I was way off base in my statement about being stagnant, so let's switch the argument.

I see, the 13-3 was fueled by Bert. Was the 4-12 fueled by him as well? What about 8-8? Fueling or not fueling?

No like I said you were right about the TT stuff--stagnent team is just my opinion and yes I think 4-12 was fueled by Brett. That team probably wasn't that bad, but they weren't good. Brett handed plenty of those games away. "trying to make something happen"

bobblehead
11-04-2009, 10:00 PM

For a guy who insists we can't put ARod in BF's class yet (and I agree) you make the dead same opposite point here.

How about this. Lets wait for AP to put up the long term consistency before we put him in ahman's league just yet.

Partial
11-04-2009, 10:18 PM

For a guy who insists we can't put ARod in BF's class yet (and I agree) you make the dead same opposite point here.

How about this. Lets wait for AP to put up the long term consistency before we put him in ahman's league just yet.

I'm not saying the Pete will have as long or successful as of a career, but in terms of pure talent, both are out of this world and it's still not close. Ahman Green was an awesome player for a good amount of time. Any player would be fortunate to have as much success and be paid as lucratively.

If Ryan Grant is Earth, Green is Saturn and Peterson is Jupiter.

I've been a big Pete fan since I saw him as a freshman at OU. He was ridiculous and still is. He's the most powerful, strongest back in the league with speed almost at Chris Johnson level with nearly the moves of Barry Sanders.

The guy is out of this world. The biggest flaw in his game is he always trys to hit the home run. From what I've seen of him in the NFL he'll either get a yard or two, 10 yards, or go the distance. Rarely does he get a solid 4 yard carry, at least from what I've seen.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 10:25 PM

No like I said you were right about the TT stuff--stagnent team is just my opinion and yes I think 4-12 was fueled by Brett. That team probably wasn't that bad, but they weren't good. Brett handed plenty of those games away. "trying to make something happen"

Ok. My fault. Apologize. Sometimes it is hard to tell when people are being honest and not just sarcastic. My bad.

I pretty much agree with your assessment of TT and MM.

mraynrand
11-04-2009, 10:25 PM

Priceless.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 10:34 PM

Priceless.

Ty was waiting for somebody to notice it.

gold, jerry, gold.

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 11:29 PM

Priceless.

gold, jerry, gold.

Hey P, Is Brett Favre Uranus?

Partial
11-04-2009, 11:37 PM
I don't get what is so funny. You guys are weird.

channtheman
11-04-2009, 11:52 PM

There isn't a direct correlation. Having a D does not mean he's not going to take risks or make stupid throws. Having a D likely effects his thought process, though.

I can see what you're saying Partial, but it could go both ways. On one hand, him having a good D means he DOESN'T take risks because he knows he won't have to put up a lot of points. On the other hand, you almost think knowing Favre he would sling it around more as his D is good enough to get him out of most jams. But you're probably right at this point because he only has 3 INT's and isn't really making the bad risky throws.

channtheman
11-05-2009, 12:03 AM
After reading the topic though I see it was fiercely fucked in the ass because someone had to mention Thompson. Jesus people I didn't mention Thompson or Rodgers in the original post because I know how this place goes after they are mentioned. Seriously, how many times do we have to rehash the same old tired argument about TT?

Zool
11-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Im guessing 7 years after he quits/gets fired people will stop talking about him.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-05-2009, 02:37 AM
I don't get what is so funny. You guys are weird.

google our solar system, dope.

MichiganPackerFan
11-05-2009, 07:25 AM

Priceless.

gold, jerry, gold.

Hey P, Is Brett Favre Uranus?

funny shit!!

Maxie the Taxi
11-05-2009, 08:25 AM
A couple things:

Your comment is right on the money. I don't think a lot of people want to believe it. In addition, consider this. Football is first and foremost an emotional game. Favre is one of the most emotional players I've ever witnessed. When he's driven emotionally to succeed, he's very, very good. When the emotional motivation is lacking and lagging, he bungles.

Favre has a lot of emotional capital invested in returning to the Vikings and, despite what he says, in beating his old team head-to-head.

Now that the head-to-head battles are over, it will be interesting to see if Favre can maintain over the rest of the season his high emotional level and, consequently, his high level of performance.

Merlin
11-05-2009, 11:33 AM
I see Favre playing within the system to a certain degree and you can argue that at least two of the throws he made this year were gunslinger moves. The throw to beat the 49er's was classic Favre and the chuck it up bomb to put the Vikings in field goal range against Baltimore was also classic Favre. There really isn't much to analyze here, the Vikings have a good team and Favre is still a pretty good QB. Even in their loss to Pittsburgh, how many times have you seen a receiver over the years tip a Favre pass for a pick? Too many to count. Doesn't matter on the stat sheet and although it doesn't excuse some of the boneheaded throws he has made in his career, there are far more "should have been caught" interceptions than bone headed throw interceptions. Haters never bring that up.

As for jumping on someone for a difference of opinion, that's nothing new here. Thompson is STILL sticking to ho hum rhetoric like “I think everybody to a man would say we have room to improve. We’re fighting, we’re scratching, we’re playing hard. But we think can do better. We think we can play better.” It seems McCarthy has also decided to stick with his "I don't know, I have to look at the tape" and it's getting very old.

Enough of this garbage, they both need to be accountable for the performance of this team and neither of them will man up. No more "we think" no more "have to see the tape", time to realize the NFL is about winning and if they can't get it done, it's time to move on - hopefully to someone who uses the words "I know" instead of "we think" and "I made a mistake" instead of ""I have to see the tape". And that isn't "hating" on them, that's reality, they are sucking at their jobs big time.

MichiganPackerFan
11-05-2009, 11:52 AM
I always thought that McCarthy exhibits a lot more personal accountability than Mike Sherman EVER did. I also think that "I'll have to watch the film" is a perfectly valid answer in a post-game press conference. However, I do think that even though MM says, "it starts with me", Stubby's Stubbornness drives him to try the same thing over and over with hopes of a different result. RUN THE DAMN BALL EARLY. SHORT QUICK PASSES.

Fritz
11-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Grant is Earth, Green is Wind and Peterson is Fire.

Maxie the Taxi
11-05-2009, 12:28 PM
I always thought that McCarthy exhibits a lot more personal accountability than Mike Sherman EVER did. I also think that "I'll have to watch the film" is a perfectly valid answer in a post-game press conference. However, I do think that even though MM says, "it starts with me", Stubby's Stubbornness drives him to try the same thing over and over with hopes of a different result. RUN THE DAMN BALL EARLY. SHORT QUICK PASSES.

Now you're talking.

3irty1
11-05-2009, 02:03 PM
The OL is good but Favre's played with better. The running game is good but Favre's had just as good in the past. The receivers are good but Favre's had better. The defense is good but Favre's played with much better. The difference is Favre.

Playing efficiently, taking what's there, and protecting the ball has made him a different QB than he was for most of his career. He reminds me of when Roger Clemens learned to throw a splitter to continue his dominance even into his 40s. Favre has gone from a power pitcher to a finesse pitcher. As the year goes on we'll see how he holds up.

Cheesehead Craig
11-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Favre is looking to show everyone he can still play well and win. He's playing with a massive chip on his shoulder this year.

I don't believe it's the talent around him, but what's going on within him.

packerbacker1234
11-05-2009, 04:09 PM
It's well known that I am a Favre fan at these boards, regardless of who he plays for. Packers first, favre is just fun to watch.

I'll say he is taking less risks, but not zero risks. The one deep pass to sidney on the drive that beat Baltimore was a risky pass, especially since there was plenty of time to drive the field. Against the pack, he threw 3 or 4 balls that our defenders just barely missed, in tight coverage, to get first downs. The one TD pass to Berrian that sealed the game was a perfect throw. Barnett was right there and it just barely missed his finger tips.

He has the zip. Maybe not as strong as arm as he has ever had, but there has yet to be seen a throw he can't make on the field this year. Deep, short, on a rope 18 yards, touch on a dump off. He's playing complete football from the QB position.

I can't give credit to his OL. His OL DOES look great given what Rodgers has, but he's been sacked 18 times, on pace for the most since 1998 I believe. That doesn't even count the numerous hits he has taken this season after just releasing the ball for a key play (though, that is Favre being Favre, so those hits wont necessarily go away). His OL has actually been a weak spot for the passing game, it's just not as bad as the packers. Running wise, that OL is beastly.

Yes, he has AP, and a solid defense that makes things easier. What he also has is WR's that compliment eachother really well. Even look at the ints he does have. His first was a ball off I think berrian's hands in one of the early games, and his 3rd int was bad throw/bad reaction by Taylor on a dump off/screen. His other pick I can't seem to remember. Afterall, I don't exactly sit down and watch every vikings game. So, even in getting picked, it's not even off a bad decision... or a really bad throw.

Favre is still taking some risks with throws. He has thrown into some really tight spots. Why is he better? One would say age, experience, but he's doing things stat wise he has never done. Not only that. 2 of 3 times with the game on the line he came through and won... the 3rd game it took a fluke fumble and a lucky bounce int to stop him from going 3/3. (possibly he already won it without the BS tripping call on the TD pass, but it is what it is)

There is no real explanation for what Favre is doing: He is just playing smart football. He is still making plays, stilling slinging it, and just not throwing ints. I can't explain why, all I can say is he is playing pretty much like he always has. I watch him and don't see anything too different. It just looks like every game he plays is one of his good games. Pitt is his worst game of hte year, and he was the entire offense that game (AP was eliminated). He's just having a lot of good games, and not just against bad opponents. If this holds up and he gets say 30 TD's, under 10 ints on the season, and the vikings have only 2 or 3 losses and a first round bye... it's going to be hard to n ot give him his 4th MVP.

Brandon494
11-05-2009, 04:15 PM
This is stupid, why is he performing well? Because its freakin Brett Favre!

You give him a the best RB in the game, great online, big play WR, and a offense he has ran pretty much his whole career. I mean what did you expect?

packerbacker1234
11-05-2009, 04:20 PM

You give him a the best RB in the game, great online, big play WR, and a offense he has ran pretty much his whole career. I mean what did you expect?

Again, passing wise, his OL is the worst he has had since 1998. I hate everyone clamouring over his OL: Brett is getting hit a piss load.

channtheman
11-05-2009, 04:42 PM

My whole point was that in 2003 when Green had his monster year at RB Favre still threw a bunch of INT's. I think some other posters have it down and make a better case that Favre has changed this year and is playing with a chip on his shoulder.

The Leaper
11-05-2009, 04:51 PM

+1

Brett Favre's arm is legendary. This guy will have enough ability when he is 60 to start for the Cleveland Browns. He's a freak. When you surround him with talent, he's going to put up monster numbers.

His three year MVP stretch was possibly the most amazing stretch of football ever put together by a QB over that time frame...and he didn't really have any weapons to work with. Robert Brooks? Mark Chmura? Antonio Freeman? Don Beebe? Andre Rison? He did THAT with THOSE players? Scary to think what he would've done if he had some true Pro Bowl caliber offensive talent to work with.

Favre is focused and determined. For the first time in a long while, Favre received some well earned criticism...and he's out to prove everyone wrong.

CaptainKickass
11-05-2009, 04:57 PM
I can't believe all of you have overlooked the most obvious of answers to this thread.

The #2 reason is his o-line.

The #3 reason is AP.

BUT...

The #1 reason the dude is playing so well is this:

He Just turned 40 years old. Ever hear of a "Mid-Life Crisis"??

The Vikings are his "I'm gonna buy me a Harley, or a sports car to help me feel younger".

Am I the only one who sees this?

packerbacker1234
11-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Again: How is his OL considered a reason folks? 18 sacks, on pace for the most since 1998, and he's getting hit a lot after throws or "as he is" throwing.

Again, his OL has nothing to do with Favre's success throwing this year. If anything, stats show he should be worse this year with that OL then he was in 2007. Instead, he's better.

esoxx
11-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Late bloomer.

Pugger
11-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Getting back to the original topic, I have been pondering why Favre is so good this year. Wouldn't it suck if, after all these years, he finally, finally figured out how to channel all that talent - for the damn Vikings???

No kidding. I wonder if #4 is happy now that he has another HC and OC that will treat him like royalty like when Sherman was at 1265?

g4orce
11-05-2009, 05:39 PM

No kidding. I wonder if #4 is happy now that he has another HC and OC that will treat him like royalty like when Sherman was at 1265?

sure looks happy at 7-1 and 16 TD's to 3 INT's and being surrounded with loads of talent... are u happy as a Packers fan?

Pugger
11-05-2009, 05:40 PM

The TT haters think 2007 was just a fluke or we only went 13-3 cuz of #4. They ignore the fact that #4 was under center in 2005...

Pugger
11-05-2009, 05:42 PM

I can't speak for other Packers fans, but for me, I couldn't care less about him. When he was the GB QB, I liked him. Then he was on another team and AR was the GB QB. Then this thing called cognitive dissonance occurred where the psychological internal conflict reared its head regarding who I would follow if BF played GB (even when he was with the Jets). I realized quickly that I'm a Packer fan, which means that it's irrelevant who plays the Packers. I want the Packers to win. Game that don't include GB, I simply don't care about unless they affect GB's playoff chances, who GB would play in the playoffs, or worsening the division rivals playoff chances and draft stock.

+1

Pugger
11-05-2009, 05:49 PM

sure looks happy at 7-1 and 16 TD's to 3 INT's and being surrounded with loads of talent... are u happy as a Packers fan?

No, only because the PACKERS are not 7-1. It sucks that he is playing this well with the queens. No Packer fan should be happy with this situation. I'm sure a Favre fan like you is thrilled with all of this.

pbmax
11-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Again: How is his OL considered a reason folks? 18 sacks, on pace for the most since 1998, and he's getting hit a lot after throws or "as he is" throwing.

Again, his OL has nothing to do with Favre's success throwing this year. If anything, stats show he should be worse this year with that OL then he was in 2007. Instead, he's better.
Because in a world where very few real life situations are binary, pass protection is a combination of O line, QB and receivers (and play caller/coaches). So to lay the blame on 18 sacks at the feet of the O line is making an assumption that is quite probably false.

Having watched 3.5 Favre/Vikings games he has had good time behind his line for each but the Pittsburgh game. The real story behind 18 sacks is that he no longer looks to escape the pocket (its step up or go down) and he is eating the football rather than throwing it up for grabs. Bingo, 18 sacks behind a good pass blocking line.

g4orce
11-05-2009, 06:00 PM

No, only because the PACKERS are not 7-1. It sucks that he is playing this well with the queens. No Packer fan should be happy with this situation. I'm sure a Favre fan like you is thrilled with all of this.

Favre fans arent happy, happy to see him happy but not happy about our situation. Do you now see why our hatred runs so deeply for TT.

Imagine someone makes a choice for u, says its gonna be alright, u know its not gonna be alright but u give it a chance. Well a little while later u now see that he/she was complete bullshit. How would that make u feel?

Scott Campbell
11-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Do you now see why our hatred runs so deeply for TT.

I think all that hatred has made you soul empty.

g4orce
11-05-2009, 06:27 PM

Because you're smitten with Favre and his Wrangler jeans?

See I'm not sure why comments are needed like this. Is it because you cannot trash his play so you have to resort to childish things such as these comments? How does this help anyone out here?

Bretsky
11-05-2009, 06:30 PM

The TT haters think 2007 was just a fluke or we only went 13-3 cuz of #4. They ignore the fact that #4 was under center in 2005...

Favre was a part of 05 and 07; All of the Cards fell into place in 07 and everything, injuries included, went wrong in 05.

I'm not a huge fan of TTT's developmental program but hopefully it starts working long term. It could be a lot worse and this team does have a lot of talent at certain positions.

With that being said, #4 greatly contributed to a losing season being an extreme rarity in Green Bay. We were spoiled for a long time.

Now it's TTT's turn to continue that tradition

Tyrone Bigguns
11-05-2009, 06:30 PM

Because you're smitten with Favre and his Wrangler jeans?

See I'm not sure why comments are needed like this. Is it because you cannot trash his play so you have to resort to childish things such as these comments? How does this help anyone out here?

So, you are smitten with Favre and the wranglers?

channtheman
11-05-2009, 07:34 PM

Passing Rushing
Rk G# Date Age Tm Opp Result Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Y/A
1 1 2002-09-08 32-333 GNB ATL W 37-34 25 36 69.4% 284 2 0 111.3 7.89
2 2 2002-09-15 32-340 GNB @ NOR L 20-35 29 44 65.9% 270 2 1 88.3 6.14
3 3 2002-09-22 32-347 GNB @ DET W 37-31 31 47 66.0% 357 3 1 101.1 7.60
4 4 2002-09-29 32-354 GNB CAR W 17-14 18 32 56.3% 200 1 1 72.4 6.25
5 5 2002-10-07 32-362 GNB @ CHI W 34-21 22 33 66.7% 359 3 0 133.3 10.88
6 6 2002-10-13 33-003 GNB @ NWE W 28-10 17 27 63.0% 147 3 0 114.3 5.44
7 7 2002-10-20 33-010 GNB WAS W 30-9 11 14 78.6% 89 0 0 93.2 6.36
8 8 2002-11-04 33-025 GNB MIA W 24-10 16 25 64.0% 187 1 1 83.2 7.48
9 9 2002-11-10 33-031 GNB DET W 40-14 26 39 66.7% 351 2 0 112.2 9.00
10 10 2002-11-17 33-038 GNB @ MIN L 21-31 24 43 55.8% 296 2 3 63.7 6.88
11 11 2002-11-24 33-045 GNB @ TAM L 7-21 20 38 52.6% 196 1 4 36.6 5.16
12 12 2002-12-01 33-052 GNB CHI W 30-20 24 42 57.1% 221 2 1 77.6 5.26
13 13 2002-12-08 33-059 GNB MIN W 26-22 22 32 68.8% 214 2 1 95.1 6.69
14 14 2002-12-15 33-066 GNB @ SFO W 20-14 25 33 75.8% 201 1 0 100.7 6.09
15 15 2002-12-22 33-073 GNB BUF W 10-0 15 33 45.5% 114 1 2 39.2 3.45
16 16 2002-12-29 33-080 GNB @ NYJ L 17-42 16 33 48.5% 172 1 1 61.7 5.21
16 Games 341 551 61.9% 3658 27 16 85.6 6.64 6.31 25 73 2.92 0

The last time Favre started this well was when we went 8-1 and Favre had 17 TD's and 4 INT's. The next 2 games by Favre had 7 INT's and only 3 TD's. He finished the last 7 games 10 TD's and 12 INT's and had a 4-3 record.

It will be very interesting to see how Favre fares through the rest of the season.

Freak Out
11-05-2009, 07:46 PM

Throwing to Taco Wallace.

esoxx
11-05-2009, 07:50 PM

Handing off to Samkon Gado.

See, it all evens out.

Freak Out
11-05-2009, 07:52 PM

Handing off to Samkon Gado.

See, it all evens out.

...at least the Rams haven't cut Gado.....probably because he's a Doctor and they can use him off the field. :lol:

MJZiggy
11-05-2009, 07:57 PM
I can't believe all of you have overlooked the most obvious of answers to this thread.

The #3 reason is AP.

BUT...

The Vikings are his "I'm gonna buy me a Harley, or a sports car to help me feel younger".

Good GOD, tell me they're not his sexy young trophy team!!!

Cheesehead Craig
11-05-2009, 08:53 PM

The #3 reason is AP.

BUT...

Jerod Allen is one sexy mofo

Brandon494
11-05-2009, 09:13 PM

Oh really? So he throws 7 TDs and 0 INTs in two games against us and he was sacked ZERO times! Favre is 40 and is not as mobile as he use to be, dont let them 18 sacks fool you how good their line is.

esoxx
11-05-2009, 09:16 PM

The #3 reason is AP.

BUT...

Nah, I don't think we have to worry about that:

SUPER BOWL IV
January 11, 1970
Kansas City 23, Minnesota 7
Tulane Stadium: New Orleans, Louisiana

SUPER BOWL VIII
January 13, 1974
Miami 24, Minnesota 7
Rice Stadium: Houston, Texas

SUPER BOWL IX
January 12, 1975
Pittsburgh 16, Minnesota 6
Tulane Stadium: New Orleans, Louisiana

SUPER BOWL XI
January 9, 1977
Oakland 32, Minnesota 14
Rose Bowl: Pasadena, California

MichiganPackerFan
11-06-2009, 07:47 AM

Jerod Allen is one sexy mofo

I like how he wears his underwear on his head.

CaptainKickass
11-06-2009, 09:37 AM

The #3 reason is AP.

BUT...

http://www.gotthegift.co.uk/images/uploads/Games/midlife.jpg

BUT -

Knowing Favre's bank account is plentiful - I figure he'll get one of these:

http://to55er.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/monster-motorbike-5.jpg

MOBB DEEP
11-06-2009, 02:41 PM
....because he's god disguised as Brett Favre

Scott Campbell
11-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Cult members should be de-programmed.

Fritz
11-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Because he's getting laid more frequently.

mraynrand
11-06-2009, 06:19 PM

Source?

Scott Campbell
11-06-2009, 06:26 PM

Source?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/038i94GakXdXa/340x.jpg

channtheman
11-07-2009, 12:10 AM

Source?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/038i94GakXdXa/340x.jpg

Fucking gold! :lol:

SnakeLH2006
11-07-2009, 12:30 AM

Not from Deanna. She's as cold as ice:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.parentdish.com/media/2008/05/brett_favre9.jpg

Snake's weiner freezes up just seeing her picture. Brrrrrrrrrrr......Favre just wanted out the house. Retirement with that crow? Hell naws.....I'd play till I was 50. Damn she's as cold as ice. :cry: :shock:

channtheman
11-07-2009, 12:55 AM

Snake's weiner freezes up just seeing her picture. Brrrrrrrrrrr......Favre just wanted out the house. Retirement with that crow? Hell naws.....I'd play till I was 50. Damn she's as cold as ice. :cry: :shock:

I always thought she was a bitch too.

SnakeLH2006
11-07-2009, 01:14 AM

I always thought she was a bitch too.

+1 Brrrrrrrrrr........You are correct, sir. My weiner shudders when I see her cold glances from the press box. Goddamn, I gotta rub a hot pocket on my member right now just looking at those evil glares. I swear Deanna would have been burned at the stake 400 years ago.

Partial
11-07-2009, 02:15 AM
Deanna is a hot little number.

SnakeLH2006
11-07-2009, 02:16 AM

Snake would rather cum on your chubby belly.

Partial
11-07-2009, 02:17 AM

I don't know what to make of this but I would not.

Fritz
11-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Wow. Fritz begins a colossal debate.

Scott Campbell
11-07-2009, 10:12 AM

I think Deanna is a trouble maker.

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/yoko-ono-3rd-annual-glamour-magazine-hosts-signature-dont-party-1TxIt4.jpg

Fritz
11-07-2009, 10:22 AM
So Brett Favre is like John Lennon?

Does that make Reggie White kinda like Paul McCartney?

Is George Teague then like Pete Best?

gex
11-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Because he has good talent around him, which is what any good QB needs to win it all.

MOBB DEEP
11-07-2009, 01:44 PM

Favre fans arent happy, happy to see him happy but not happy about our situation.

BINGO!

I was just thinking about this earlier this week. Never in a million years could I see myself cheering a fricking Vikes TD pass or God forbid buying a Minny jersey. TT has put us in a jacked-up position. As much as i dig favre and his current MVP-like play (like last years jets improvement and making yet ANOTHER pro-bowl) OF COURSE it cant compare to the joy I would have if he had been ALLOWED to "compete" for his job and perform this way for the green and gold... :evil: :evil:

SERIOUSLY, it cant possibly be hard for folk to understand the angst we have surrounding our dillemma! The mess is bitter-sweet

MOBB DEEP
11-07-2009, 01:49 PM
[quote=Partial]

Thats hilarious, although crudely carnal

Dont EVER leave here snake