PDA

View Full Version : D'Brick signed!!!

Tony Oday
07-27-2006, 02:13 AM
WHERE IS HAWKS CONTRACT!!!!!!! TT you better be awake talking to his agent right now!!!!

woodbuck27
07-27-2006, 08:25 AM
WHERE IS HAWKS CONTRACT!!!!!!! TT you better be awake talking to his agent right now!!!!

Tony ! What flavour is the Kool-aid . . today? :mrgreen:

bigcoz75
07-27-2006, 08:36 AM
One pick ahead of Hawk it should only be a short matter of time before we have that #1 guy under contract.

MJZiggy
07-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Jets ink D'Brickashaw

BY RICH CIMINI
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

The Brick is in the house.

Continuing their streak of signing their top picks before the start of training camp, the Jets agreed in principle tonight on a blockbuster contract with left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson, the Daily News has learned.

Ferguson, the fourth overall pick in the draft, is expected to be at Hofstra today, when the team reports to its first training camp under new coach Eric Mangini.

Terms of Ferguson’s contract weren't immediately available, but he likely received a five- or six-year deal that includes at least $17 million in guaranteed money.

Ferguson, who grew up in Freeport, L.I., is penciled in to start immediately at left tackle.

Originally published on July 26, 2006

17 Mil guaranteed and since Huff signed as well, they should have some idea. If only our buddy Vernon would get done, this would be easy.

Rastak
07-27-2006, 08:38 AM
One pick ahead of Hawk it should only be a short matter of time before we have that #1 guy under contract.

Today should be big for signings. I know the Vikes inked the last of their picks this morning.

Brandt is much busier of course, with hundreds of TT's picks to sign! :wink:

12 anyway....

MJZiggy
07-27-2006, 08:40 AM
There's just a couple left.

Noodle
07-27-2006, 09:16 AM
yeah, but the couple left (I think it's three) include the two biggies, Hawk and Colledge.

They'll get it done. This is the last thing to waste time talking about before camp and the real chat can begin.

Unless A-Mazzin is late again.

Harlan Huckleby
07-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Noodle, we had a report last night, she's still a good girl. The red tide is in.

Partial
07-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Noodle, we had a report last night, she's still a good girl. The red tide is in.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
07-27-2006, 09:34 AM
I am ashamed of myself.

swede
07-27-2006, 10:12 AM
My teen girls, if necessary, inform me that Aunt Flow from down south is visiting.

I'm surprised that the Hawk contract has taken this long. There are so many last things that this team needs but a contract hang-up with Hawk is the second to last thing this team needs.

woodbuck27
07-27-2006, 10:21 AM

Yea! She was using up some of her air miles.

Tony Oday
07-27-2006, 10:58 AM
The Kool-Aid is red today baby!!!!!!!!

Harlan Huckleby
07-27-2006, 11:13 AM
My teen girls, if necessary, inform me that Aunt Flow from down south is visiting.

disturbing, swede. "necessary"?!!!

I beleive DAvid Koresh relied on the rhythm method with his girls too.

woodbuck27
07-27-2006, 11:36 AM
The Kool-Aid is red today baby!!!!!!!!

Sweetened or Un-sweetened ?

Got any grape? Not sour grape.

Tony Oday
07-27-2006, 11:37 AM
New in today Grape Kool-aid. Its a KGB special, 15 meaningful sacks this year!

woodbuck27
07-27-2006, 11:46 AM
New in today Grape Kool-aid. Its a KGB special, 15 meaningful sacks this year!

Ahhhh - So . . it's the New Christmas - Festive Season Kool-aid - Very cool.

The KGB special blend - to put the ' K ' back, in Kool-aid.

swede
07-27-2006, 12:20 PM

disturbing, swede. "necessary"?!!!

I beleive DAvid Koresh relied on the rhythm method with his girls too.

See, this is my own fault for having taken a swing at this tar baby.

Yes, HH, and David Koresh would have also been justified to put his hands over his ears to block out the gruesome details of feminine hygiene if his girls told him that "the minstrel show was in town".

In fact that may have been why he put a match to the place. Living close quarters with women without being able to get out and bowl would be very difficult.

Noodle
07-27-2006, 02:49 PM
You know, I blame myself for having started this. This one's on me Blue Dog, not you.

Fosco33
07-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Titans just agreed to terms w/ Young.

MJZiggy
07-27-2006, 04:11 PM
What's taking stinkin' Davis so long. If he signs then we have an upper and lower ceiling and things would go much faster.

Fosco33
07-27-2006, 04:24 PM
What's taking stinkin' Davis so long. If he signs then we have an upper and lower ceiling and things would go much faster.

Not too sure. They've got 2 #1s to deal w/ this year. ESPN reported some progress back on the 18th w/ Davis.

I bet Hawk gets inked before Davis.

packrulz
07-28-2006, 05:02 AM
Posted July 28, 2006

Hawk's deal may be done by tonight

By Rob Demovsky
rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.com

Negotiations with first-round draft pick A.J. Hawk may have reached their final stage on Thursday, a day before the Green Bay Packers are scheduled to open training camp.

The talks were aided when the two players selected immediately before Hawk, third overall pick Vince Young and No. 4 pick D'Brickashaw Ferguson, agreed to contracts. Terms of Ferguson's deal with the New York Jets weren't immediately available, but Young reportedly signed a five-year deal with the Tennessee Titans that included $25.7 million in guaranteed money. The contract has an option for a sixth year with a total value that could be as much as $58 million.

With the financial picture becoming clear, presumably all that's left to work out is whether Hawk does a five- or six-year contract.

General Manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy said Thursday afternoon they were holding out hope that Hawk's negotiations would be completed in time for today's first training camp practice at 6:30 p.m.

"I anticipate him being there," McCarthy said. "Everything I've been told to this point has been positive. I know both sides are working at trying to get a deal done. As you know, deals can be done in five minutes or they can be done in five months. We feel very positive about the way things are going and we're hopeful it will all be resolved by tomorrow."

Later Thursday evening, Hawk's Chicago-based agent, Mike McCartney, indicated that completing his client's contract before tonight's opening practice was a possibility.

"We're talking, and I'm optimistic," McCartney said in an e-mail to the Press-Gazette.

Talks between McCartney and Andrew Brandt, the Packers' vice president of player finance, have been on-going and amicable.

"I mean, you never know, but this is the way business is done in the NFL," Thompson said. "You try to get your guys signed before camp. Andrew is on the phone all the time. There were 12 (draft picks) to sign, so it took a lot of time."

Brandt on Thursday completed the deals for two other draft picks, second-round guard Daryn Colledge and fifth-round quarterback Ingle Martin. That left only Hawk and fellow linebacker Abdul Hodge, a third-round pick, unsigned.

Colledge signed a four-year contract, according to his agent, Jeff Sperbeck. The deal was completed at noon Thursday.

"We started talking seriously about two weeks ago," Sperbeck said. "Daryn bought a house (in Green Bay) already so he was there waiting to go. We figured we were pretty close, and he was ready to get after it."

The 6-foot-4 and 299-pound Colledge was the 47th overall pick. He played both guard and tackle at Boise State and has been penciled in as the Packers' starting left guard.

Martin, a 6-2 and 220-pound quarterback from Furman, was the 148th overall pick. He completed his contract on Thursday afternoon.

It was unclear what is holding up the negotiations with Hodge, the 67th overall pick out of Iowa. His agent, Mitch Frankel, did return phone messages or e-mails.