PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rouse going to start for the Giants?

packers11
11-06-2009, 11:57 AM
www.rotoworld.com

Aaron Rouse worked as the Giants' first-team safety at Friday's practice, indicating a move away from struggling FS C.C. Brown.

Brown was biting on play action and was the victim on DeSean Jackson's 54-yard touchdown in Week 8. Rouse, however, is also a liability in coverage. The Giants need more front-seven pressure for their secondary to recover.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

:shock:

hoosier
11-06-2009, 12:32 PM
That tells you just how bad CC Brown has been. He is the difference between the 4-0 NYG and the 4-3 version.

mraynrand
11-06-2009, 12:37 PM
That tells you just how bad CC Brown has been. He is the difference between the 4-0 NYG and the 4-3 version.

I thought they were running the 3-4

3irty1
11-06-2009, 01:17 PM
If Rouse does have a position in the NFL it should be at FS.

Smidgeon
11-06-2009, 01:54 PM
I thought they were running the 3-4

Well, that's probably what Rouse thinks they're running...

hoosier
11-06-2009, 01:59 PM
No, the Giants have been experimenting with the 4-3-3 lately. The adjustment period has been a little rocky.

Smidgeon
11-06-2009, 02:02 PM
No, the Giants have been experimenting with the 4-3-3 lately. The adjustment period has been a little rocky.

Doesn't mean Rouse didn't finally get the GB 3-4 down and think that's what they're running in NY...

Fritz
11-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Uh oh. We're all going to like Rouse again.

Smidgeon
11-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Uh oh. We're all going to like Rouse again.

Not me. I think he'll always be one system behind. Thus, if he were to (hopefully not) return to the Packers, I'd be cracking jokes about how he finally just figured out the Giants' defensive scheme...

hoosier
11-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Who is the last player who got cut by the Packers and went on to do something worthwhile with another team? No names are coming to mind.

Edit: no names since Darren Sharper and Wahle, that is.

Smidgeon
11-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Who is the last player who got cut by the Packers and went on to do something worthwhile with another team? No names are coming to mind.

What does "something worthwhile" constitute? Solid starter? Pro-bowl?

mraynrand
11-06-2009, 04:04 PM

What does "something worthwhile" constitute? Solid starter? Pro-bowl?

Cleaned the soap scum and pubic hair out of the whirlpool? That would be Ahmad Carroll.

hoosier
11-06-2009, 04:10 PM
How about just something more than a bottom of the roster player? Could be a starter, could be a role player, but someone who isn't sitting or who isn't just playing because the team has no competent player at that position on the active roster. Concretely: I am trying to distinguish between a guy like James Merideth, who is presumably only playing because right tackles #1-5 already went down, and someone like Hunter Hillenmeyer who, while nothing exceptional, clearly made a contribution.

mraynrand
11-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Peterson is playing some snaps for Denver, Clowney for NYJ....

mraynrand
11-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Was Vonnie Holliday traded or cut? Ack -FA. most of the guys I'm thinking of - like Shaper were FAs, not cut.

Freak Out
11-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Did Rivera play at all for the Cowboys or just sign the contract and hurt his back again?

hoosier
11-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Rivera was a FA. Sharper, Wahle and Clowney seem to be the only TT cuts who have gone on to be more than just bandaids with other teams. In time Meredith might join that elite group.

gbgary
11-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Did Rivera play at all for the Cowboys or just sign the contract and hurt his back again?

he had a handful of games. total bust for dallas.

Patler
11-07-2009, 05:09 AM

Not a total bust. He started 30 games for Dallas in two seasons. But he played hurt a lot, just as he did in Green Bay for years. Dallas probably hoped to get another year or two out of him, but he wasn't a total disappointment.

Patler
11-07-2009, 05:14 AM
How about just something more than a bottom of the roster player? Could be a starter, could be a role player, but someone who isn't sitting or who isn't just playing because the team has no competent player at that position on the active roster. Concretely: I am trying to distinguish between a guy like James Merideth, who is presumably only playing because right tackles #1-5 already went down, and someone like Hunter Hillenmeyer who, while nothing exceptional, clearly made a contribution.

How about Dave Tollefson for the Giants. Strictly a role player, but the Giants like him for that.
Vonta Leach has started at FB in Houston pretty much ever since the Packers released him.
Chris White was a backup center, now starts at guard for Houston, but I'm not sure why.

Going back 10 years, Andruzzi was released , then started for 5 years at NE and two in Cleveland.

Chris Johnson wasn't released, but the Packers gave up on him and traded him to St. Louis for Robert Thomas. Now he starts in Oakland and apparently is playing quite well.

KYPack
11-07-2009, 10:04 AM

Not a total bust. He started 30 games for Dallas in two seasons. But he played hurt a lot, just as he did in Green Bay for years. Dallas probably hoped to get another year or two out of him, but he wasn't a total disappointment.

Colin Cole starts at DT (sometimes) for the Seahawks
Daniel Muir starts at DT for the Colts.

Both guys are 4-3 type 3 tech DT's.

I always thought Muir outplayed Cole the Pre-season we cut him.

Guiness
11-07-2009, 04:24 PM

How about Dave Tollefson for the Giants. Strictly a role player, but the Giants like him for that.
Vonta Leach has started at FB in Houston pretty much ever since the Packers released him.
Chris White was a backup center, now starts at guard for Houston, but I'm not sure why.

Going back 10 years, Andruzzi was released , then started for 5 years at NE and two in Cleveland.

Chris Johnson wasn't released, but the Packers gave up on him and traded him to St. Louis for Robert Thomas. Now he starts in Oakland and apparently is playing quite well.

Vonta Leach - that's a name I was trying to remember in another thread. He could never displace Hendo, so we kicked him out to the curb, but wow did he sometimes blow people up. There have been a few times over the past couple of years we could've used him, but he needed to beat out the incumbent when he was here and he didn't.

Chris Johnson is the player I was thinking of in this thread. He plays opposite Asomugha, so you KNOW he sees a lot of balls!