PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce (MMA): Fedor vs. Brett Rogers Nov. 7th on CBS HD

SnakeLH2006
11-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Fedor vs. Rodgers: WOW! Fedor is just scary with his explosiveness. Rogers took Fedor to the 2nd round for the first time since Mark Coleman did it to Fedor over 3 years ago.

Rogers really did ok round 1 and broke Fedor's nose (bloody mess) a min. into the 1st round. He used his huge size pretty well, but got really tired by the 2nd round and Fedor just threw a rope out of the blue right on Roger's chin. What a beastman. Fedor would beat Lesnar pretty easily I would think at this point in their MMA careers. Dude is just a cold-killer. Rogers is now 10-1. Fedor is now 31-1.

Jason Miller vs. Jake Shields was pretty good too. Miller had a rear naked choke locked in for 10 sec. but Shields got saved by the bell (literally) at the end of round 3. Miller did well up to there as he had more strikes at that point, but Shields didn't really get tired and won in a unanimous decision 48-47. Could have went either way, but a fun fight. Miller is a crazy bastard though! Took some crazy shots at Shields and spiked him pretty hard once. Shields was pretty boring, but won.

Kiwon
11-08-2009, 06:46 AM
I saw those two matches here in Korea.

Those middleweights have a lot of skill. Numerous escapes. The one guy literally got saved by the bell. He was heading toward unconsciousness in that choke.

I didn't get into the crowds booing. What do they want to see, 1st round KOs in every match?

Fedor's match was better than I expected. It's amazing that his nose gets cut (with a jab, no less) right at the beginning. I thought there was going to be a huge upset.

Man, the guy's got skills. He tried numerous moves on Rodgers in a frenzy of activity as the blood was pouring from his face. Bottom line, he made it through the 1st round.

2nd round though, BOOM, excellent timed-shot to the jaw. Down goes Rodgers. He's a tough guy though. He looked like he recovered well. I'd like to see a rematch.

I did not think the TV production was as good as the UFC (referees blocking the camera) but the announcers were very knowledgable. The post fight interview in the ring just didn't work well with the guy not asking clear questions and having to explain his meaning to the Russian translator. It's live TV folks. Ask simple questions.

I hope Fedor gets into the UFC one day but his Russian supporters in M-1 have found their cash cow. That day won't happen very soon.

However, the good news is that given the last debacle with Kimbo Slice in prime time, the main event in this match was a keeper.

mraynrand
11-08-2009, 06:47 AM
I didn't get into the crowds booing..

Classless. Crowds shouldn't boo. Only respectful cheering.

Kiwon
11-08-2009, 06:56 AM

No, it's okay to boo if the two fighters are not doing anything. But most MMA action takes place on the ground. Those two guys were reversing each other constantly and putting on a clinic.

Of course, I can see everything on TV up-close. It's a totally different experience from sitting in section HH in the arena and staring up a large screen far away.

Those tickets are not cheap. A string of 1st round KOs could become boring as well. I would not want to pay that money and the whole show be over in an hour.

Scott Campbell
11-08-2009, 07:31 AM

Viking fans would have applauded politely.

mraynrand
11-10-2009, 12:05 PM
It was a good match

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/harlan1.jpg

Freak Out
11-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Andre could have taken them all on...

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/a/andre/94.jpg

Deputy Nutz
11-11-2009, 07:28 AM
Fedor vs. Rodgers: WOW! Fedor is just scary with his explosiveness. Rogers took Fedor to the 2nd round for the first time since Mark Coleman did it to Fedor over 3 years ago.

Rogers really did ok round 1 and broke Fedor's nose (bloody mess) a min. into the 1st round. He used his huge size pretty well, but got really tired by the 2nd round and Fedor just threw a rope out of the blue right on Roger's chin. What a beastman. Fedor would beat Lesnar pretty easily I would think at this point in their MMA careers. Dude is just a cold-killer. Rogers is now 10-1. Fedor is now 31-1.

Jason Miller vs. Jake Shields was pretty good too. Miller had a rear naked choke locked in for 10 sec. but Shields got saved by the bell (literally) at the end of round 3. Miller did well up to there as he had more strikes at that point, but Shields didn't really get tired and won in a unanimous decision 48-47. Could have went either way, but a fun fight. Miller is a crazy bastard though! Took some crazy shots at Shields and spiked him pretty hard once. Shields was pretty boring, but won.

Don't get me wrong I think Fedor is one of the best fighters out there, and if he would ever fight Lesnar I think his only chance is to submit him from the bottom. Fedor has unbelievable submissions, great arm bar and rolls a Kamera(?) pretty well, although it would be the greatest feet to roll one through on Lesnar. He is too strong to isolate an arm like that.

Rodgers got sloppy, his hands were down at his waist, Fedor timed his jab an got off a hay-maker when Rodgers started to step into the punch. It was really just sad that a guy like Rodgers, fighting on a main event on national television against arguably the worlds best fighter and he can't keep his hands up. I don't really know who else Fedor is going to fight in Strikeforce that is going to offer him any sort of a challenge.

Lesnar is a much better fighter than Rodgers, his size and strength for one, but his speed, and over all ability as a fighter is better. It is like comparing a the handling and speed of a Porche to a Ford Focus.

Lesnar has mono and has had to cancel for UFC 106, he then had to cancel for the rescheduled date of 108 because of it. I guess he is having trouble getting to his second workout in two days, typical mono. He itrained for quite a while with it and is lucky he didn't blow up his spleen.

SnakeLH2006
11-12-2009, 01:10 AM
http://urdirt.com/2009/11/10/dana-white-says-brock-lesnar-would-smash-fedor-emelianenkos-head-jerry-millen-responds/

It took Dana White all the way until Tuesday to bash competitor StrikeForce and their show on CBS. This may be the record for trading a insult after another competing promotion’s show for the UFC president.

In his latest interview with The LA Times Dana White threw some shots at StrikeForce and CBS and their “Rinky-Dink” show this past Saturday night.
“CBS would be out of their mind to put that rinky-dink [Strikeforce] . . . on the air again . . . and without that backing, [promoters] won’t have the money to pay [Emelianenko].”

Dana White also went on to downplay Fedor’s opponent Brett Rogers who busted open the “Last Emperor’s” nose and said that any of his top heavyweight fighters would smash “The Grim”.
mma_a_fedor_576[1]“The guy just got his face smashed in by Brett Rogers. Do you know what Brock or [UFC heavyweights] Frank Mir and Cain Velasquez would do to Brett Rogers?” White said. “It’s time to bring this guy [Fedor] in, to see Brock Lesnar smash his head.”

M-1 American V.P Jerry Millen also went on to say that Fedor would welcome any of the UFC’s top fighters, but it would also have to come with a co-promotion.
“Fedor’s not ducking anybody. If UFC wants to prove it has the best fighters, step up and co-promote. Fedor just wants to be treated fairly. The UFC business model is to own the souls of their fighters. Fedor doesn’t have to do that, and if the fans scream loudly enough, we can make that happen.”

We know there is not a chance in hell that we will see a Fedor vs Brock Lesnar fight any time soon, so this is just more hype and trash talk between Millen and White. Which we are always happy to hear, as long as Jerry doesn’t do any more Dana White video blogs where he pops bottles and prank calls the UFC president. Those are just annoying.

--------------------------

Snake loves MMA. Snake is a huge fan of both Fedor and Lesnar. That would be a great match though.

Fedor's (Couture body set) yet unbelievable skill set (speed like a middleweight, power like Liddell, with ground game insane) vs. Brock's name/size-speed combo/bastard ass hick dickhead mindset. Brock is a beast wrestler and his power is getting up there....but Fedor would prob. submit Lesnar if it went 2 rounds.

Too bad Dana White didn't ante up and Fedor signed a 3 year deal in that shithole called Strikeforce. Not too many guys (love to see Cain Velaquez vs. Brock) can step up at Brock's size in UFC right now, but there are a few. As far as Fedor in Strikeforce....Rodgers looked pretty good and would love a rematch, but don't see many touching him in the future. BTW, he's out 4-6 months with a nose fracture and other injuries.

Too bad Dana White got cheap. That would be a 3 fight trilogy seeing Fedor vs. Lesnar in UFC....we won't see that till Brock and Fedor are mid-30's unless Fedor gets out his Strikeforce deal though. That's too bad.

SnakeLH2006
11-13-2009, 09:25 PM
I don't really know who else Fedor is going to fight in Strikeforce that is going to offer him any sort of a challenge.

Lesnar is a much better fighter than Rodgers, his size and strength for one, but his speed, and over all ability as a fighter is better. It is like comparing a the handling and speed of a Porche to a Ford Focus.

http://www.mmascoops.com/news.php?page=/260149304

MMAScoops.com has learned that current TNA Wrestling star Bobby Lashley is close to signing a long-term contract with the MMA organization Strikeforce. Should the deal come to fruition, it would make it impossible for Lashley to join the UFC until he's well past his athletic prime — and one of his goals was to face Brock Lesnar.

The upside of the deal is that it will likely allow him to continue wrestling, whereas if he went to UFC, he would be prohibited from doing so.

-------------------------------

Lashley is pretty raw yet (but is 4-0 and waxed the floor with Bob "the Beast" Sapp in May). He's the same exact age/size/speed/wrestling background in college as Lesnar though. Looks like he's headed for Fedor next as he was offered this Strikeforce fight before Rodgers took it, but turned it down as he wasn't ready yet.

Imagine the storylines if UFC signed Lashley and he did well...Lesnar vs. Lashley (2 WWE champs and NCAA champs). I'd like to see that.

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv67/Golbez01/LesnarLashley.jpg