11-08-2009, 03:25 PM
PERIOD!

red
11-08-2009, 03:26 PM
they needed to use him a lot more

he looked much better and ran much harder then grant

Partial
11-08-2009, 03:42 PM
He runs like he cares. I like him SO much more than Grant. I suspect as we go forward it'll come closer to 1a 1b than 1 and 2.

g4orce
11-08-2009, 03:53 PM
So my question is for all those people that said TT made the right decision on Green, are we retracting that now or is it still too soon>>?

esoxx
11-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Congrats to Ahman for breaking Jim Taylor's longstanding, all-time Packer rushing record.

Scott Campbell
11-08-2009, 03:55 PM
So my question is for all those people that said TT made the right decision on Green, are we retracting that now or is it still too soon>>?

I think Ted did the right thing bringing him back.

green_bowl_packer
11-08-2009, 03:59 PM
PERIOD!

I think this may be your most popular post in sometime. :wink:

You're right he still has the eye of the tiger. Very unrated and under appreciated. I hope he rubs off on RG.

Scott Campbell
11-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Grant ran very well today too.

g4orce
11-08-2009, 04:19 PM

not better than Ahman...

mission
11-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Ahman looked like old Ahman a bit ...

Scott Campbell
11-08-2009, 04:25 PM

not better than Ahman...

I think they both looked great - not sure what you point is.

BallHawk
11-08-2009, 04:27 PM

not better than Ahman...

I think we were playing the 30th ranked rush defense in the league. :|

esoxx
11-08-2009, 04:27 PM
TB came in to this game #30 against the run. Undersized DL and LB's. Run downhill at them all game and no contest. Up 7-0, rout should have been on. Pick and return to the 8yd line, TB scores TD. Game on.

g4orce
11-08-2009, 04:29 PM

not better than Ahman...

I'm not sure what your point was saying that in an "Ahman Green player of the game" thread.

green_bowl_packer
11-08-2009, 04:33 PM

He did. I was surprised he had over 100 yds, but I missed the first half. I saw a play before Ahman busted his big run, Buc player was bearing down on RG he visibly slowed down and headed out of bounds. Subsequent AG play was the 15 yd run that put him 9 from the record. Then he dished out some punishment.

We have a mojo, attitude problem, defensive players doubting scheme, etc. Talent is there, mostly same as 2007, with what you'd hope would be better players for this year.

Who was Big Unit talking about not being tough? Saying he's not outing anybody that's just what he's heard.

esoxx
11-08-2009, 04:36 PM

He did. I was surprised he had over 100 yds, but I missed the first half. I saw a play before Ahman busted his big run, Buc player was bearing down on RG he visibly slowed down and headed out of bounds. Subsequent AG play was the 15 yd run that put him 9 from the record. Then he dished out some punishment.

We have a mojo, attitude problem, defensive players doubting scheme, etc. Talent is there, mostly same as 2007, with what you'd hope would be better players for this year.

Who was Big Unit talking about not being tough? Saying he's not outing anybody that's just what he's heard.

I thought he was talking about Chad Clifton.

OkayKyle
11-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Both Green and Grant ran very hard today. For whatever reason, Grant simply can't break tackles. He seems to run with his eyes focused downward whereas Green runs with his head high. Green broke tackles consistently in his prime, and he can still do it today. I don't think anyone expected Green to look this good.

MOBB DEEP
11-08-2009, 04:56 PM
PERIOD!

Thats hilarious...

Some folk here who were at JSO may remember wifey and I meeting Ahman at Mitchell Field airport in hometown Milwaukee about 4 years ago. He was the definition of down to earth and pleasant; I probably could have sat down with him for a while. Was SO gay of me to get his autograph after I/we had just told him that wifey's brother is doug dubose who has ring from playn with montana against collinsworth and is a cornhusker who OF COURSE ahman knew from Neb lore

VERY nice to see him perform for pack yet again; GREAT record! TT is a lil overrated but i like him some

green_bowl_packer
11-08-2009, 05:08 PM
PERIOD!

Thats hilarious...

Some folk here who were at JSO may remember wifey and I meeting Ahman at Mitchell Field airport in hometown Milwaukee about 4 years ago. He was the definition of down to earth and pleasant; I probably could have sat down with him for a while. Was SO gay of me to get his autograph after I/we had just told him that wifey's brother is doug dubose who has ring from playn with montana against collinsworth and is a cornhusker who OF COURSE ahman knew from Neb lore

VERY nice to see him perform for pack yet again; GREAT record! TT is a lil overrated but i like him some

Yeah outside "that other thread" ; ) - I was disappointed when they took him out after he broke the record, would have been nice to see him cap it with a TD. He was dishin' it out.

packerbacker1234
11-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Grant ran solid today. He ran like what he is: a solid running back, but not a game changer. He is what he is. I like grant because he has value. He is a hard runner, and reliable.

What we saw from Green were some flashes today. He has something left, but who knows what sort of load he can take. You had the feeling with him on that one run that if he could just break one more tackle he was gone. He already broke 3 or 4 just to get there. Best part was, it was an up the gut run. Good shit.

Ahman and Grant I think will be in a total platoon split starting next week. Green did look too good to not use him, and the one screen Green was still good at it. The other was a bullet throw 3 feet apart. Didn't get why AR threw it so hard.

Green definitely looked good today. He will see more carries coming his way. It is the best move TT has made to this point in the season.

Though it makes you wonder: Should we applaud TT for bringing Green back, or be pissed because he let Green go to begin with?

red
11-08-2009, 05:26 PM
ahman showed a lot more then i thought he would today

i was happy to see him signed back, but i wasn't expection to see much out of the old timer. i thought a lot of people were getting their hopes a little too high, and they would be dissapointed.

i was shocked today to see he still has some spark left. he's not gonna be the ahman of old, but he'll be a help to our running game

Noodle
11-08-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm a huge Green fan, but come on, don't crack on TT for letting him go. Houston gave huge bank to get Green, and I don't think anyone here would have agreed with matching that offer.

It worked out ok for everyone. Houston had to pay for Green's extended recovery period, Green got some serious doe re me (good for him!), and now we get him back, rested, healed, and ready to lay wood to people.

I actually think his presence will help Grant. My sense is Green's a good locker roome gut, very supportive of other RBs, and Grant will feel the need to match the old man in toughness. So this is good.

You have to grab on to something positive after a day like today, anyway.

rbaloha1
11-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Runs like a full back. Fresh legs with a positive attitude.

pbmax
11-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Runs like a full back. Fresh legs with a positive attitude.
And who has the bad attitude?

mraynrand
11-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Mebbe I shoudda called a run or two when we got down by 5. They wuz workin on the previous drive. What happind?

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/Workedem.jpg

Partial
11-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Tom Peliserro strongly thinks a coach will be fired this week. Not MM obviously, but either Campen or Slocum. Thank goodness.

red
11-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Tom Peliserro strongly thinks a coach will be fired this week. Not MM obviously, but either Campen or Slocum. Thank goodness.

now that i would be surprised to see happen, the team firing someone during the season

but both those guys suck, and campen has proven he can't get a line to perform

Partial
11-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Larry Beightol is available. He is 67 years old now, though, so he probably won't be interested.

I still don't understand why that guy got fired. He was a heck of an OL coach it seemed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Beightol

pbmax
11-08-2009, 09:41 PM
I would take that as a bad sign. Good orgs don't do that kind of crap and firing someone now means you get replacement level coaches (Beightol might be an exception) until other staffs get fired.

If it happens, then Cliff Christl's watch about interference from the Exec Committee will start in full force (I wonder what Cliff's Bat Signal looks like?). It wouldn't be a T2 move to do a firing now.

pbmax
11-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Larry Beightol is available. He is 67 years old now, though, so he probably won't be interested.

I still don't understand why that guy got fired. He was a heck of an OL coach it seemed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Beightol\
They wanted to run zone and he didn't coach it. Then he had trouble in Detroit (doesn't everyone) and he got the axe one year later.

MichiganPackerFan
11-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Though it makes you wonder: Should we applaud TT for bringing Green back, or be pissed because he let Green go to begin with?

Houston paid exorbitant sums to have him out of games and on IR. We got him back for a fraction of the cost with little risk.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 10:03 AM

Obviously both moves should be applauded.