PDA

View Full Version : Draft talk-tackles

red
11-08-2009, 03:45 PM
ok, this is our biggest area of need. lang might be ok, but i would use him at RT like someone mentioned earlier. or i would 2 of our 3 first day picks to get 2 new tackles(3 first day picks after trading kampman for a first or second rounder)

heres a look at some

russell okung- oklahoma state. consensus top left tackle in the draft. he'll go top five

trent williams from oklahoma

bryan bulaga - iowa

charles brown from usc

ciron black is a guy i'm interested in. many people though he was a first rounder last year with a lot of stud tackles. he stayed in school and has had an off year. he might be had in the second

theres actually quite a few guys that could be decent. these are just some

imscott72
11-08-2009, 03:50 PM
ok, this is our biggest area of need. lang might be ok, but i would use him at RT like someone mentioned earlier. or i would 2 of our 3 first day picks to get 2 new tackles(3 first day picks after trading kampman for a first or second rounder)

heres a look at some

russell okung- oklahoma state. consensus top left tackle in the draft. he'll go top five

trent williams from oklahoma

bryan bulaga - iowa

charles brown from usc

ciron black is a guy i'm interested in. many people though he was a first rounder last year with a lot of stud tackles. he stayed in school and has had an off year. he might be had in the second

theres actually quite a few guys that could be decent. these are just some

Pretty early to be talking about this, but TT outta be tar and feathered if he picks anything but OL with at least two of our first few picks. We need RB's too.

Partial
11-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Buluga looks like a good player against the Badgers.

red
11-08-2009, 04:09 PM

i haven't watched him at all. but he sounds like a nice brawling big ten guy like we could use

bbbffl66
11-08-2009, 04:17 PM
The real question is who will Cower want? TT will be sitting at home unemployed!

mr_blonde
11-08-2009, 04:17 PM

i haven't watched him at all. but he sounds like a nice brawling big ten guy like we could use

I'm saying this as a Hawkeye alumni and fan ... Buluga sucks!!!!

elkopackfan
11-08-2009, 04:19 PM
The real question is who will Cower want? TT will be sitting at home unemployed!

I just don't get the feeling that he'd want to coach for us. We have so many holes to fill right now that I think we'd be viewed as more of a project team.

red
11-08-2009, 04:19 PM

I'm saying this as a Hawkeye alumni and fan ... Buluga sucks!!!!

that's a good place to hear it from. someone who as watched him a lot

imscott72
11-08-2009, 04:22 PM

I just don't get the feeling that he'd want to coach for us. We have so many holes to fill right now that I think we'd be viewed as more of a project team.

Most teams that have openings are project teams. Not a whole lot of coaches walk away from great teams..

3irty1
11-08-2009, 09:53 PM
I think I like the other Iowa Tackle better.