PDA

View Full Version : Official Fire Dom Capers Thread

Scott Campbell
11-08-2009, 04:16 PM
I miss Bob Sanders. And I never thought I'd hear myself say that.

packers11
11-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I miss the 4-3 ... I never thought i'd say that, but looking at Greg Williams with the Saints, he runs a really good version of it...

bbbffl66
11-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Kampy is a square peg not fitting in a round hole!

red
11-08-2009, 04:18 PM
greg williams would have been the better fit. so williams would have been the better choice. and he's looking like a gob in NO

of course i was all for the switch to 3-4 then

MTPackerfan
11-08-2009, 04:21 PM
greg williams would have been the better fit. so williams would have been the better choice. and he's looking like a gob in NO

of course i was all for the switch to 3-4 then

I don't think Greg Williams wanted to come to GB, he wanted to be in the south, something to do with family. Would have been nice to keep the same defense, but the change equates to finding players to match the needs

mission
I dont know what to think about the defense... I love our run D but we just look completely confused in the passing game.

Bretsky

of course i was all for the switch to 3-4 thenne

Hard to blame anybody on this one. Green Bay wanted Williams and Nolan but neither chose to come here

channtheman
11-08-2009, 04:46 PM
The defense just doesn't get any pressure on the QB. BUT in this game, we basically spotted the Bucs 21 points, with good starting field position on 2 drives (INT, and big return) and flat out gave them 7 more on a blocked punt. This is one game that is NOT on the defense. All special teams and Rodgers looked like shit.

Scott Campbell
11-08-2009, 04:47 PM
The defense just doesn't get any pressure on the QB. BUT in this game, we basically spotted the Bucs 21 points, with good starting field position on 2 drives (INT, and big return) and flat out gave them 7 more on a blocked punt. This is one game that is NOT on the defense. All special teams and Rodgers looked like shit.

I think our D is collapsing in the 4th quarter.

channtheman
11-08-2009, 04:55 PM

Yeah probably. It's hard to think anyone on this team is worth anything.

Bretsky
11-08-2009, 04:57 PM

didn't have many sustained drives to give them a breather either

packerbacker1234
11-08-2009, 05:18 PM
I don't hate capers. He needs another year with FA and Draft to get the right players for the scheme.

We were a team built on the 4-3 and trying to get 4-3 players to play in the 3-4. I wont put it on capers yet. COme back to me this point next season.

Brohm
11-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Just a hypothetical. What do you do with CMII? SOLB in a 4-3 or bulk up to a DE like Kamp?

KYPack
11-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Just a hypothetical. What do you do with CMII? SOLB in a 4-3 or bulk up to a DE like Kamp?

CMIII is a LB all the way.

Goddamn, I'm almost weakened after this one.

I couldn't get in a football argument with an ant right now.

denverYooper
11-08-2009, 05:31 PM
I have a feeling Slocum might be let go tomorrow. Not saying it'll happen because I know it's not generally MM's style but special teams has cost us big these last 2 weeks.

MJZiggy
11-08-2009, 05:34 PM

CMIII is a LB all the way.

I'm too ticked and disappointed. I'd just step on the ant and be done with it.

MOBB DEEP
11-08-2009, 05:34 PM

funny

BZnDallas
11-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Maybe we can reunite Capers with Bill Cowher next year!!! we can fire TT and MM and give their contracts to Cowher! thats what it would probably take to get him in here... we have the young qb he is looking for...

MJZiggy
11-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Maybe we can reunite Capers with Bill Cowher next year!!! we can fire TT and MM and give their contracts to Cowher! thats what it would probably take to get him in here... we have the young qb he is looking for...

But not the team in Carolina. He doesn't want to freeze his ass off anymore. If he wanted to do that, he'd have stayed in Pittsburgh.

BZnDallas
11-08-2009, 06:01 PM

But not the team in Carolina. He doesn't want to freeze his ass off anymore. If he wanted to do that, he'd have stayed in Pittsburgh.

i didnt think the weather was the reason for cowher leaving pitt, but i may be mistaken... i would think being the head coach for 2 of the most historic teams in pro football would be intruiging for him... and if he was able to win a superbowl for both what that say... its fun to think about anyway...

i'm not catching your meaning of the team in carolina line... ??? :oops:

MJZiggy
11-08-2009, 06:04 PM
He's said Carolina would be the only place he's interested in coaching. He wants to live there.

Freak Out
11-08-2009, 06:06 PM
He's said Carolina would be the only place he's interested in coaching. He wants to live there.

We he might get the chance with the way things are going down in Panther land.

BTW.....to early to call for Doms head......TT or M3 come first. TT put the players/talent on the field.

Freak Out
11-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Well.....we did give up 38 to Tampa..... :lol:

rbaloha1
11-08-2009, 09:05 PM
What happened to the wizard? Gregg Williams and Mike Nolan create dominating defenses -- why not Capers? Seem to recall Williams saying the packers had the most talent of the teams he visited.

Its unfortunate Williams did not become a Packer.

BZnDallas
11-08-2009, 10:24 PM

hmmm, thats interesting... i hadn't heard that... but thanx for letting me know... i'd much rather him go to carolina than dallas as i've heard rumblings down here for that... just dont see jerry jones giving up that kind of control...

pbmax
11-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Pick 6. Blocked punt for 6. Extra short field for another. That is 14 points when they weren't on the field and seven more when they were hung out to dry. Tough to blame them for all 38.

channtheman
11-09-2009, 02:49 AM
Pick 6. Blocked punt for 6. Extra short field for another. That is 14 points when they weren't on the field and seven more when they were hung out to dry. Tough to blame them for all 38.

I think you missed 6 more.

Blocked punt
Pick 6
Bonehead Rodgers INT
Special teams fuck up

3irty1
11-09-2009, 08:18 AM
So now you get half a season to install your defense in GB? Capers is not the problem. There is no super secret teleport blitz that can get the QB pressure we need. We need a pass rusher. Clay does a lot of things well but his pass rush is just ok, Kampman was starting to lose it way before the switch to OLB.

g4orce
11-09-2009, 08:49 AM
I'll say this as polite as possible. This is a stupid thread. Ya, our defense could be playing better. But did you honestly expect a team that has players who've only played a 4-3 defense to excel with this new defense? It's going to take time and its also going to take Capers getting in some new personnel. Fire Capers. ya ok!

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 08:52 AM
I'll say this as polite as possible.

Thank you.

g4orce
11-09-2009, 08:54 AM

Thank you.

Please leave me alone. Either debate the subject at hand, or just leave me be. It's not too hard to do I don't think.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 08:55 AM

Thank you.

Please leave me alone. Either debate the subject at hand, or just leave me be. It's not too hard to do I don't think.

Thanks for playing............................... P.

denverYooper
11-09-2009, 09:57 AM

I think you missed 6 more.

Blocked punt
Pick 6
Bonehead Rodgers INT
Special teams fuck up

Good point. Bucs put up more points (28) than the D gave up yards (25) on these.

They gave up 7 more on the drive with the ticky-tack call on Hawk's INT.

So I dunno. I feel a lot better about our defense this year, for the most part. I've been on board with the 3-4, and it's done a lot for our run stopping. I do feel that they should mix in a little more 4-3 to generate a little pressure. They did it vs. Minny, and seemed to get after Favre a bit better than when they tried to bring 5-6 guys...

Smidgeon
11-09-2009, 12:01 PM
I miss the 4-3 ... I never thought i'd say that, but looking at Greg Williams with the Saints, he runs a really good version of it...

I think it was the JSO that had an article about the 3-4 hiring of Capers. It showed that Capers has good, successful experience in running the 3-4, the 4-3 and last year learning the NE multiple. It made the point that McCarthy determined the team would go 3-4 before the Capers hire.

swede
11-09-2009, 12:15 PM

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/first_episode_aunt_bee_10101.jpg