PDA

View Full Version : It's Been A Lousy Eight Days

Kiwon
11-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Kind of an understatement, huh?

There are so many threads to complain on I did not know where to go...so here's my contribution.

A loss to the Vikes on Farve's big return to Lambeau followed by losing to a previously winless team.

I'd say that's a bad eight days.

What makes it worse is all the hype during the preseason. One guy had the Pack going to the Super Bowl. Several had them in the NFC Championship Game.

Talk about falling to Earth with a thud. How can anyone feel optimistic about this team, its coaches or the front office braintrust?

Scott Campbell
11-08-2009, 04:49 PM
How can anyone feel optimistic about this team, its coaches or the front office braintrust?

Booze?

mission
11-08-2009, 04:50 PM
How can anyone feel optimistic about this team, its coaches or the front office braintrust?

Booze?

And weed. Sorry.

Maxie the Taxi
11-08-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm with you. In my opinion, the season is lost. No reason to get excited about them anymore, other than to simply be entertained. Although it's way to early to be thinking about the draft, I think we might wind up with a choice way higher than I thought in August.

Kiwon
11-08-2009, 04:53 PM

Booze?

And weed. Sorry.

There's a medicinal marijuana clinic in Cali with your name on it.

Kiwon
11-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Although it's way to early to be thinking about the draft,...

Which means if they don't string together some victories that the next several months will be nothing but Packer fans tearing into every aspect of the Packer organization and then picking at the bones until next year's training camp.

Yeah, that's my idea of a fun time. :roll:

MJZiggy
11-08-2009, 05:15 PM

Booze?

And weed. Sorry.

And if I were to go to Cali, I could get a prescription. Not even a question.

Kiwon
11-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Let's see......we've got Dallas at home next week.

Ah, yeah, we're gonna kick their tails.....with our excellent pass protection, smothering 'D' and efficient special teams.

Of course, MM and the coaching staff will have the guys ready to play with confidence.

Those 3 sacks in three games will scare the crap out of Dallas' Offensive Coordinator. He'll have to adjust his whole gameplan to protect against our pass rush.

Kiwon
11-08-2009, 05:32 PM

Booze?

And weed. Sorry.

And if I were to go to Cali, I could get a prescription. Not even a question.

I feel like joining you right now. God made everything and said it was good, right? :)

MJZiggy
11-08-2009, 05:32 PM
At least I can just walk into that game with low expectations from the get-go. :(

Kiwon
11-08-2009, 05:37 PM
At least I can just walk into that game with low expectations from the get-go. :(

Whoa.....if the Packers stink up the joint next week, the crowd will be UGLY, very UGLY.

We'll find out how "Pittsburgh tough" MM is when a sizeable portion of the Packer faithful turn on him.

Maxie the Taxi
11-08-2009, 05:54 PM
What's made these last eight days and these last two losses especially hard is that in both games the Packers possessed the ball longer than their opponent.

We had the ball 5 minutes longer than the Vikings and 10 minutes longer than Tampa. And the Packers are primarily a passing team.

The difference?

SACKS. (The clock keeps running while A-Rod's on his back and the result is lost yardage and most times loss of downs.)

SPECIAL TEAMS. (Despite moving the ball offensively and taking time off the clock, we've allowed opponents to score fast and gain huge field position by bonehead special teams plays.)

Bottomline: Perhaps more emphasis on rushing would have eliminated some of the sacks, but you can't overcome piss poor special teams play.

MOBB DEEP
11-09-2009, 01:40 AM
We'll find out how "Pittsburgh tough" MM is when a sizeable portion of the Packer faithful turn on him.

Fatboy will need to be Lord Favre tough, wink at the bench, smile, and get er done!

CaliforniaCheez
11-09-2009, 01:55 AM
Stand by for more pain.