PDA

View Full Version : Who's really on the hot seat?

denverYooper
11-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Thompson, M3, and Dom will not be fired anytime soon. If the wheels completely fall off this year, maybe.

But, it's not all unreasonable to think that one of the underlings might be sent packing after today. Losses expose your teams weaknesses and IMHO our O-line and Special Teams were very much exposed today (again).

The Bucs were more or less given 14 points by special teams. So I think Slocum's seat is officially on fire.

Our O-line gave up 6 sacks today. Rodgers might be to blame for some, but I don't think he has any confidence in the line. That, and the O had to keep guys in several times to help block, taking targets away.

I put the "other" option for flexibility. But these two are on the hottest seats, I think.

BallHawk
11-08-2009, 06:29 PM
I'd say Slocum more than Campen because I think special teams is more a coaching issue while the OL is largely due to your personnel. Not saying that Campen is immune, but he's not working with much. I think Slocum has some tools but he just can't coach worth a damn.

red
11-08-2009, 07:24 PM
i love how people don't think that m3 or TT will be fired because they signed new contracts

THAT MEANS NOTHING

it happens every year. if the coach is wrong, he's wrong. time to move on

take your medicine and write off the loss

it sure was a nice little coupe from TT to hurry up and get him and M# giant extensions as soon as they showed any signs of hope

Bretsky
11-08-2009, 07:29 PM
i love how people don't think that m3 or TT will be fired because they signed new contracts

THAT MEANS NOTHING

it sure was a nice little coupe from TT to hurry up and get him and M# giant extensions as soon as they showed any signs of hope

HIGHLY doubt TTT gets let go until after next year at the earliest

Think TTT has the stones to make the recommendation to let MM go ?

red
11-08-2009, 07:33 PM

THAT MEANS NOTHING

HIGHLY doubt TTT gets let go until after next year at the earliest

Think TTT has the stones to make the recommendation to let MM go ?

new gm's usually bring in their own coaches. if your situation were to happen, then you would probably be looking at 3 head coaches and coaching staffs in 3 years. and more wasted money because you will be eating more contracts

Partial
11-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Head coach or GM are not on the hot seat. They still have 3 years left on the contract after this season. No way are they going to eat those contracts. Especially TTs. He's a pretty good GM imo too, so I doubt they would even consider letting him go.

I think they are going to revamp the offensive coaching staff after this season. I also suspect there will be an outside hire for ST coach.

red
11-08-2009, 08:09 PM
mike shanahan- had 3 years left worth 20 million

eric mangini- will be fired this year with 3 years left

it happens

Brandon494
11-08-2009, 08:12 PM
TT is not going anywhere.

This team has talent, just needs the right coaching.

Jimx29
11-08-2009, 08:43 PM

Ted Thompson has what ? Four more years on his contract. I believe both TT and M3 took advantage of Bretts 2007 season to quickly sign 5 years extensions. woo-yeh.....

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=17922

Partial
11-08-2009, 08:44 PM
mike shanahan- had 3 years left worth 20 million

eric mangini- will be fired this year with 3 years left

it happens

No doubt it happens in some places, but I doubt it happens in GB this year. I won't be hugely surprised if it does, but if I had to make a bet I'd say both are back next year.

rbaloha1
11-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Both coaches are not getting their units ready to play winning f-ball Both are on the hot seat. This is the 8th game of the season and it looks like preseason.

3irty1
11-08-2009, 09:27 PM
TT is safe. I think he's a good GM but I wouldn't be surprised to see MM get the boot. Especially if TT feels his seat getting warm.

Smidgeon
11-09-2009, 11:53 AM
TT is safe. I think he's a good GM but I wouldn't be surprised to see MM get the boot. Especially if TT feels his seat getting warm.

Agreed.

On another note, I stated it in another thread somewhere, but the Slocum hire reminds me of the Sanders hire: it was a promotion of the underling. I don't think M3 tried to go out and get the best available. I think he just tried to patch it over. That is why I think his seat is getting warm. It isn't because he is a bad coach, it's because I think he thinks in "good enough" terms, which are never good enough.

Pugger
11-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Thompson, M3, and Dom will not be fired anytime soon. If the wheels completely fall off this year, maybe.

But, it's not all unreasonable to think that one of the underlings might be sent packing after today. Losses expose your teams weaknesses and IMHO our O-line and Special Teams were very much exposed today (again).

The Bucs were more or less given 14 points by special teams. So I think Slocum's seat is officially on fire.

Our O-line gave up 6 sacks today. Rodgers might be to blame for some, but I don't think he has any confidence in the line. That, and the O had to keep guys in several times to help block, taking targets away.

I put the "other" option for flexibility. But these two are on the hottest seats, I think.

Try 21 points. :(

g4orce
11-10-2009, 10:58 AM
The Bucs were more or less given 14 points by special teams.

I only recall the big kick off return and the punt block for 14 points. Otherwise I remember an Arod INT for a TD. Which one am I forgetting?

Fritz
11-10-2009, 12:28 PM
I always enjoy the references to "units." If I were a coach I'd use it all the time when speaking to my assistants.

"Campen, your unit is terrible! Not stout at all, not aggressive, and never finishes!"

"Slocum, your unit isn't worth a damn! Too slow, misses too many opportunities! Dammit, Slocum, why does your unit always fuck up?"

"You should both be ashamed of your units."

MJZiggy
11-10-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm sure your unit is fine, dear. Oh. wait...never mind.

Fritz
11-11-2009, 07:38 AM
"Dammit, Campen, your unit needs to be coached up!"

Pugger
11-11-2009, 07:46 AM
The Bucs were more or less given 14 points by special teams.

I only recall the big kick off return and the punt block for 14 points. Otherwise I remember an Arod INT for a TD. Which one am I forgetting?

Weren't there 2 big returns by Tampa in that horrid game on Sunday besides the blocked punt?