PDA

View Full Version : Campen watch

red
11-09-2009, 11:03 AM
rumor out there is this guy could be fired today (thank god)

i got my popcorn ready, along with a bottle of champagne to celebrate the big moment when it happens

slowick also could be canned today

the watch is on

Brandon494
11-09-2009, 11:06 AM

i got my popcorn ready, along with a bottle of champagne to celebrate the big moment when it happens

the watch is on

PEACE!

Don't let the door hit you on your way out. :butt:

g4orce
11-09-2009, 11:07 AM
TT/MM will fire him to throw some of the heat in other directions. A bunch of pusses, a lot like the team I watch every Sunday.

BallHawk
11-09-2009, 11:21 AM

Do you mean Slocum?

denverYooper
11-09-2009, 11:23 AM
I'd bet they've at least put out some feelers as to who's available...

MadScientist
11-09-2009, 11:24 AM
I'll celebrate by changing my sig... should I go low or high for the next target?

red
11-09-2009, 11:42 AM

Do you mean Slocum?

yeah, that idiot

Smidgeon
11-09-2009, 12:27 PM

the watch is on

Where did you hear that rumor? I'll hold my breath when that happens and will release it when M3 hires someone with good experience from outside the team to coach the line. Unlike the Bob Sanders or Slocum hires where he just promoted someone from within because the promotion was "good enough". If it happens and he gets someone good, then I'll be excited. I think both should go, but man, his coaching hires (except maybe Capers) haven't been awe-inspiring.

packerbacker1234
11-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Yup, canning Campen solves everything.

pfft.

MadScientist
11-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Latest comments from MM don't look too good for firing those idiots, but it could be a smoke screen.

* Thought about any switching in responsibilities on coaching staff to help offensive line or special teams? "I'm very confident in our structure, job responsibility." Offensive line, way built on staff is by design -- four individuals on staff confident coaching line. Feel have high level of expertise. Special teams, Slocum has done good job putting on print of what trying to do philosophically. Problems are not teaching and scheme.http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/2009/11/mccarthy-speaks_09.html

So is this rumor out there because you put it out there red, or just wishful blathering from some radio guy.

Fritz
11-09-2009, 01:14 PM
"Problems are not teaching and scheme."

Uh, if it ain't the teaching and it ain't the scheme, what's left? Lack of talent? Is this what he is suggesting?

Yeah, Red, where'd you hear this rumor? And is Frank Ganz available?

red
11-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Latest comments from MM don't look too good for firing those idiots, but it could be a smoke screen.

* Thought about any switching in responsibilities on coaching staff to help offensive line or special teams? "I'm very confident in our structure, job responsibility." Offensive line, way built on staff is by design -- four individuals on staff confident coaching line. Feel have high level of expertise. Special teams, Slocum has done good job putting on print of what trying to do philosophically. Problems are not teaching and scheme.http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/2009/11/mccarthy-speaks_09.html

So is this rumor out there because you put it out there red, or just wishful blathering from some radio guy.

no pft.com said that there were rumblings that it might happen today

and i also read it somewhere else too, but can't remember

bobblehead
11-09-2009, 03:29 PM
TT/MM will fire him to throw some of the heat in other directions. A bunch of pusses, a lot like the team I watch every Sunday.

I kinda agree with you, the heat is theirs to bear since they did the hiring, but the flip side would be doing nothing knowing it was a mistake.

Sort of a no win for MM/TT, fire the shitty coach and be a pussy, or stick with ineptitude and be an idiot. A no win of their own making though.

SkinBasket
11-09-2009, 03:33 PM

I kinda agree with you, the heat is theirs to bear since they did the hiring, but the flip side would be doing nothing knowing it was a mistake.

Sort of a no win for MM/TT, fire the shitty coach and be a pussy, or stick with ineptitude and be an idiot. A no win of their own making though.

Coaches aren't usually go down with the ship kind of guys. They're going to toss a couple of undesirables overboard first to see if it lightens the load.

Patler
11-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Coaches aren't usually go down with the ship kind of guys. They're going to toss a couple of undesirables overboard first to see if it lightens the load.

A couple undesirables, or one-third of the staff, like last year! :lol:

Smidgeon
11-09-2009, 04:35 PM
A couple undesirables, or one-third of the staff, like last year! :lol:

Do you have a personal preferance?

Maxie the Taxi
11-09-2009, 04:48 PM
If MM fires Campen, he better hire an OC who can call plays. That would give MM a whole lot of time to see things happening on the field that he doesn't see now because his head is up the play sheet (like Jolly's head butt).

Smidgeon
11-09-2009, 06:08 PM
If MM fires Campen, he better hire an OC who can call plays. That would give MM a whole lot of time to see things happening on the field that he doesn't see now because his head is up the play sheet (like Jolly's head butt).

In order to hire an OC who can call plays, he'd also have to fire Philbin...

Maxie the Taxi
11-09-2009, 06:33 PM

Philben, Campen...They're all running together in my soupy mind. :D

Smidgeon
11-09-2009, 07:14 PM

Philben, Campen...They're all running together in my soupy mind. :D

What exactly is the duty of an OC when the HC calls they plays and basically coordinates the offense? Housekeeping?

Bretsky
11-09-2009, 07:20 PM

the watch is on

Didn't we fire Slowick/vik about five years ago ?

Are you drunk again ?

Campmen is only a smart part of the problem; wasn't he the coach last year too ? The needing more talent part is the other

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm not sure that working in 3 brand new starters is a recipe for OL success.

red
11-09-2009, 07:34 PM

the watch is on

Are you drunk again ?

no, but thats a great idea

i need 23 points out of mendenhall and heath miller tonight to beat a woman (gbrulz)

so i'm a bit on edge right now

Bretsky
11-09-2009, 08:10 PM

the watch is on

Are you drunk again ?

i need 23 points out of mendenhall and heath miller tonight to beat a woman (gbrulz)

You are going to lose to a chick ?

You better start subscribing to my scouting service again :!:

How the mighty have fallen....Red's Raiders...the Green Bay Packers of Fantasy Football :lol:

red
11-09-2009, 08:21 PM

the watch is on

Are you drunk again ?

How the mighty have fallen....Red's Raiders...the Green Bay Packers of Fantasy Football :lol:

now thats a pretty low shot

i'm no pussy, i yell at my guys all the time, i motivate them

Bretsky
11-09-2009, 08:33 PM

the watch is on

Are you drunk again ?

now thats a pretty low shot

i'm no pussy, i yell at my guys all the time, i motivate them

Yes, but do you have TTT drafting a developmental squad or are you a win now guy ?

MichiganPackerFan
11-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Are you drunk again ?

You say that like its a bad thing

Bretsky
11-10-2009, 08:19 AM

the watch is on

Are you drunk again ?

You lost, didn't you ? Mendenhall scored well but Miller not so well

pbmax
11-10-2009, 08:29 AM

the watch is on

Didn't we fire Slowick/vik about five years ago ?

Are you drunk again ?

Campmen is only a smart part of the problem; wasn't he the coach last year too ? The needing more talent part is the other
Shawn Slocum is the name.