PDA

View Full Version : First Chink in the Kids Armour?

g4orce
11-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Is Aaron Rodgers starting to crack? Seems like he's throwing the guys on special teams under the bus and blaming them for the loss. We havent really seen this out of him yet, I hope this doesnt grow and fester to where he starts blaming everyone else.

"A two-score lead, that's kind of what we were going for," said Rodgers, who finished the day 17-of-35 for 266 yards, two touchdowns and a season-high three interceptions. "I kind of felt like our defense would be able to play downhill, making them one-dimensional. Unfortunately we gave up the big kick return that kind of stole the momentum back."

"You've got to have all three phases working, offense, defense and special teams," Rodgers said. "I thought the defense played pretty well today but we gave them a short field a couple of times. Special teams gave them a short field. Mason (Crosby) had a couple of real nice touchbacks, but you can't expect him to touch it back every time. You've got to make a play and tackle him and get him down.

"I think we had a chance on the sidelines on him as well, even when he was about at the 50. Those are big momentum swings, especially when we had just taken an 11-point lead and felt good about where we were at in the fourth quarter. Then they kind of got the momentum back and we couldn't get another score to turn the momentum back to us."

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Is Aaron Rodgers starting to crack?

Aren't you starting to reach?

Sactopackfan
11-09-2009, 11:31 AM
I see nothing wrong with what he said, in fact it's all very true.

BallHawk
11-09-2009, 11:33 AM
He's 100% right. Special teams has screwed this team over 2 weeks straight.

g4orce
11-09-2009, 11:34 AM

Are you holding him to a different standard? If a certain QB had said anything about anyone else effecting the game, you'd be the first in line to jump on him and tell people how bad of a person he is.

I listened to Arod's press conference. He sounds whinny. Its not a good sign. He's been very good with the media through everything, I'd hate to see that change now.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 11:38 AM
I listened to Arod's press conference. He sounds whinny.

He sounds like a horse? :lol:

Chevelle2
11-09-2009, 11:39 AM

Are you holding him to a different standard? If a certain QB had said anything about anyone else effecting the game, you'd be the first in line to jump on him and tell people how bad of a person he is.

I listened to Arod's press conference. He sounds whinny. Its not a good sign. He's been very good with the media through everything, I'd hate to see that change now.

Really? I for one am praying Rodgers blows up at MM on the sideline after a busted drive due to poor playcalling. That will most certainly get MM fired.

g4orce
11-09-2009, 11:39 AM

Of course you'd deflect. You offer nothing to any discussing, ever. :lol:

denverYooper
11-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Is Aaron Rodgers starting to crack? Seems like he's throwing the guys on special teams under the bus and blaming them for the loss. We havent really seen this out of him yet, I hope this doesnt grow and fester to where he starts blaming everyone else.

"A two-score lead, that's kind of what we were going for," said Rodgers, who finished the day 17-of-35 for 266 yards, two touchdowns and a season-high three interceptions. "I kind of felt like our defense would be able to play downhill, making them one-dimensional. Unfortunately we gave up the big kick return that kind of stole the momentum back."

"You've got to have all three phases working, offense, defense and special teams," Rodgers said. "I thought the defense played pretty well today but we gave them a short field a couple of times. Special teams gave them a short field. Mason (Crosby) had a couple of real nice touchbacks, but you can't expect him to touch it back every time. You've got to make a play and tackle him and get him down.

"I think we had a chance on the sidelines on him as well, even when he was about at the 50. Those are big momentum swings, especially when we had just taken an 11-point lead and felt good about where we were at in the fourth quarter. Then they kind of got the momentum back and we couldn't get another score to turn the momentum back to us."

When Rodgers said "we" in his interview, I'm pretty sure he meant the offense. Not hard to see that he felt defense was the only aspect of the game playing normally.

But, wrt "special" teams, I think they threw themselves under the bus. 2 weeks in a row now, they've had some serious momentum-killing errors. If Rodgers came straight out and said that special teams was complete dogshit right now, it'd be hard to disagree with him.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 11:41 AM
There's not much you can say and sound great after a loss like that. Somebody is always going to over-react and read way much into it.

g4orce
11-09-2009, 11:42 AM
If Rodgers came straight out and said that special teams was complete dogshit right now, it'd be hard to disagree with him.

But he shouldnt come out and say it. He is supposed to be the leader of the team. The leader of the team doesnt say shit to the media. That was my point. Up until now, I havent read one comment from him that was like this. Its a change in him to me anyways. I just dont want to see it grow and the team turn on each other, cause then the season really is lost.

Sactopackfan
11-09-2009, 11:43 AM

Is this a discussion, or is this just a lame thread based on a weak projection of what Aaron Rodgers said?

g4orce
11-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Somebody is always going to over-react and read way much into it.

This is the funniest thing I've ever read on here. You, of all people, you... ha ha ha ha hilarious. :lol:

g4orce
11-09-2009, 11:44 AM

Is this a discussion, or is this just a lame thread based on a weak projection of what Aaron Rodgers said?

Its very much a discussion. Why don't you add to it instead of these lame shots like SC.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 11:46 AM

Ever? That's a long time. Especially for a "noob".

You over react to this, just like you over reacted to Rodgers comments with this thread.

Sactopackfan
11-09-2009, 11:47 AM

Its very much a discussion. Why don't you add to it instead of these lame shots like SC.

Lame shots? Look at the topic of this thread.... :roll:

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 11:48 AM

This is the funniest thing I've ever read on here.

Ever?

Aren't you over reacting again?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-09-2009, 11:48 AM
This thread blows.

g4orce
11-09-2009, 11:49 AM
back to the topic haha! I think the kids cracking and he hasnt even got to the tougher games yet. This could be a disaster for a young QB.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 11:49 AM

You can say that again.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 11:52 AM
This could be a disaster for a young QB.

A disaster?

I think you're over reacting again.

3irty1
11-09-2009, 11:54 AM

This is the funniest thing I've ever read on here. You, of all people, you... ha ha ha ha hilarious. :lol:

I thought you weren't allowed to get banned and then make a new profile.

g4orce
11-09-2009, 11:54 AM
This could be a disaster for a young QB.

A disaster?

I think you're over reacting again.

You don't think a young QB could turn into a disaster if he starts coming with a bad attitude and it has a tumble effect on the whole team? This season could effect Rodgers as a QB for his entire career.

packerbacker1234
11-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Nothing he said is questioned on truth, what is questioned is this: In his worst game of his career... why isn't he taking the blame? Each one of his ints were just as much of a momentum swing, if not worse, then any of the moments he mentioned.

Up 7 - 0, hadn them a int that give sthem a free score. Driving, throw a int deep in the endzone into tripple coverage to end our threat to put the game really out of reach.

Game winning "chance" in end, throw a high ball on 4th down for a int return for a TD to seal the victory and cap the game.

What I am getting at here, is when your starting QB plays bad, even when he plays average or good, you want him to shoulder the blame for the loss. That is what a good leader does, takes the heat. Seems he passed the heat off the the special teams instead, when arguably we can stare at Rodgers and say "buddy, you lost us the game". Yeah, it's all three phases, but we lost the turnover battle I think for the first time this year.

WHo's fault was that?

*cough* Rodgers. Not going to win many games where you throw 3 ints.

Packers4Glory
11-09-2009, 11:56 AM
I honestly don't see anything wrong or anything to worry about from Rodgers comments. Not at all. this thread is much to do about nadda.

Chevelle2
Nothing he said is questioned on truth, what is questioned is this: In his worst game of his career... why isn't he taking the blame? Each one of his ints were just as much of a momentum swing, if not worse, then any of the moments he mentioned.

Up 7 - 0, hadn them a int that give sthem a free score. Driving, throw a int deep in the endzone into tripple coverage to end our threat to put the game really out of reach.

Game winning "chance" in end, throw a high ball on 4th down for a int return for a TD to seal the victory and cap the game.

What I am getting at here, is when your starting QB plays bad, even when he plays average or good, you want him to shoulder the blame for the loss. That is what a good leader does, takes the heat. Seems he passed the heat off the the special teams instead, when arguably we can stare at Rodgers and say "buddy, you lost us the game". Yeah, it's all three phases, but we lost the turnover battle I think for the first time this year.

WHo's fault was that?

Sure learned that the past 16 years.

g4orce

WHo's fault was that?

This is what I felt too. He shoulda man'd up and took the heat, came out against Dallas and tore em up.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 11:59 AM
I honestly don't see anything wrong or anything to worry about from Rodgers comments. Not at all. this thread is much to do about nadda.

This thread is a lame attempt by people with an ax to grind to whine about the guy that they think cost Favre his job here. IMO

bobblehead
11-09-2009, 12:02 PM
back to the topic haha! I think the kids cracking and he hasnt even got to the tougher games yet. This could be a disaster for a young QB.

You mean you are hoping. Funny thing is BF constantly complained about recievers running the wrong routes when he threw interceptions....or in Ferguson's case he didn't "fight for the ball hard enough".

Rodgers has been overly polite with his teammates. He has been a diplomat all year. Its time a leader on this team calls out guys who aren't making plays.

He threw 3 interceptions today (2 bad ones). I bet he wants them back. When he said "we" gave them a short field I think he was including those picks.

He also isn't a "young" quarterback, he has been around the league a bit now. He is a recent starter, but his mental maturity is miles ahead of a Mark Sanchez or any other rookie.

Our team has MANY problems right now, but ARod is pretty low on the list. Problem is people keep saying he is too protective, he doesn't take chances, almost like his lack of interceptions is a big negative. He hears that crap and today he played the way people wanted him to, and we lost to an 0-7 team....I'll take the "conservative" arod that isn't a "winner" cuz special teams, the OL, and the running game suck.

edit: Oh yea, ty is right...this thread blows.

pbmax
11-09-2009, 12:05 PM
I think Madtown was right.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-09-2009, 12:05 PM
As far as Ty can see, someone is speculating on an outcome (seeming to ignore the other possible outcome) based on his INTERPRETATION of what was said.

Dumb.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 12:08 PM
And for as bad as Rodgers was yesterday, he still managed 3TD's and staked his team to an 11 point 4th quarter lead.

MichiganPackerFan
11-09-2009, 12:18 PM
This thread blows.

No. This thread sucks.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
This thread blows.

No. This thread sucks.

Less Filling!!!

pbmax
11-09-2009, 12:26 PM

You provide no context with this quote. He was asked specifically about Special Teams and he goes out of his way to say we (the Offense) gave them short fields first. He threw himself under the bus in a question about Special Teams.

MichiganPackerFan
11-09-2009, 12:27 PM
This thread blows.

No. This thread sucks.

Less Filling!!!
http://www.neonsign.com/eng_lightedsigns/images/millerlite3dtastegreatsign.jpg

pbmax
11-09-2009, 12:28 PM

You provide no context with this quote. He was asked specifically about Special Teams and he goes out of his way to say we (the Offense) gave them short fields first. He threw himself under the bus in a question about Special Teams.
You also fail to mention that in two previous questions he blames the offense for failing to get the two score lead back and his Pick 6. On the other hand, there are elections next year and you would make a terrific operative.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-09-2009, 12:33 PM

You also fail to mention that in two previous questions he blames the offense for failing to get the two score lead back and his Pick 6. On the other hand, there are elections next year and you would make a terrific operative.

Ty didn't see a transcript of listen to a presser, but even so, Ty KNEW that this was just some partial level BS.

He shoulda just pulled selected words out of out the whole interview and used them to fabricate what Arod said. Woulda been just as credible. :?

sharpe1027
11-09-2009, 12:45 PM
But he shouldnt come out and say it. He is supposed to be the leader of the team. The leader of the team doesnt say shit to the media. That was my point. Up until now, I havent read one comment from him that was like this. Its a change in him to me anyways. I just dont want to see it grow and the team turn on each other, cause then the season really is lost.

Sometimes, that is exactly what a leader does. I am not talking about blaming others for your own mistakes, but is pointing out obvious areas of improvement for the team really all we are talking about here?

Most of the time, these quotes never include the question he is answering. Often, the statements make more sense when taken in context. Do you have access to the questions he was answering?

packerbacker1234
11-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Um, he said the offense had gave them a shrot field.

What he should of said was something like this.

"I could of played better today. You can't turn the ball over 3 times and expect to win. Those ints were on me, and they were big in what lead to this loss today. We need all three phases to play well to win, but we also need to win the turnover battle. I needed to play better I did to win this game."

That is shouldering the loss. Instead with an 11 point lead he says the special teams changed the pace?

Right after they scored, we had the ball with a 5 point lead, wwas driving, and had 3rd and 1. We called a pass play (no idea why, pound hte damn rock MM) and it was incomplete or a sack (can't remember). That was the momentum changer. We were about to really put the game away, 3rd and 1, didn't get it done.

He also got the ball back again with a chance to win, plenty of time and TO in his pocket. He collapsed under pressure and stood there like a statue.

So, what i ma saying is, even mentioning hte kick of return as a reason for a loss, when he had the ball in his hands twice to put the game away, and end, it, with plenty of time left is to me not shouldering anything.

sharpe1027
11-09-2009, 01:05 PM
With all due respect, this thread sucks, but at least it is less filling.

g4orce
11-09-2009, 01:06 PM

"I could of played better today. You can't turn the ball over 3 times and expect to win. Those ints were on me, and they were big in what lead to this loss today. We need all three phases to play well to win, but we also need to win the turnover battle. I needed to play better I did to win this game."

That is shouldering the loss. Instead with an 11 point lead he says the special teams changed the pace?

Right after they scored, we had the ball with a 5 point lead, wwas driving, and had 3rd and 1. We called a pass play (no idea why, pound hte damn rock MM) and it was incomplete or a sack (can't remember). That was the momentum changer. We were about to really put the game away, 3rd and 1, didn't get it done.

He also got the ball back again with a chance to win, plenty of time and TO in his pocket. He collapsed under pressure and stood there like a statue.

So, what i ma saying is, even mentioning hte kick of return as a reason for a loss, when he had the ball in his hands twice to put the game away, and end, it, with plenty of time left is to me not shouldering anything.

pefectly said. Too many wanna give him a free pass for stuff. I wish he was held responsible for stuff. Hell he hasn't earned anything yet.

Cheesehead Craig
11-09-2009, 01:27 PM

You just got Maxed!!

(an ode to the Patlerized)

pbmax
11-09-2009, 01:49 PM

That would be because you are focusing on one paragraph of a seven or eight paragraph interview session. He mentions "offense" because the question was about "special teams" originally. He turns it back to himself before commenting about anyone else. And since Wells, Grant, Green or the receivers didn't fumble, when he says gave them a short field, he can only be talking about one guy.

pbmax
11-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Just so we are clear, I doubt Rodgers interview skills will turn around the season.

However, discovering the source of not trusting his reads in the pass offense might offer some hope.

mraynrand
11-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Just so we are clear, I doubt Rodgers interview skills will turn around the season..

Maybe he needs to fire his speaking coach. But changing speaking coaches in the middle of the season ir rarely done and rarely helpful.

bobblehead
11-09-2009, 03:03 PM

YOu must have really long arms to reach like this. And as others have said, he DID shoulder a lot of the blame. Seriously, if you want to talk about the team, the bad game he had, TT failing to shore up the OL go right ahead, but to pick one sentence of an interview and ignore all the comments all season long to try and bag on our QB that is playing at a very high level is just plain weak.

bobblehead
11-09-2009, 03:04 PM

pefectly said. Too many wanna give him a free pass for stuff. I wish he was held responsible for stuff. Hell he hasn't earned anything yet.

You two sound very bitter. All your #4 merchandise is nothing but enemy product now. I understand you hate the fact that BF didn't want to play for hte packers anymore, but honestly, leave ARod out of it.

PlantPage55
11-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Look at it this way, regardless of the position we put them in, the defense gave up 30+ points. Now, Rodgers is smart enough to know that HE and the offense were half of the culprits yesterday. Special Teams was the other half.

It would be easy for ANYONE to call out the defense. Aaron Rodgers calls out the right people, including himself.

He blamed himself. Convenient that it would be ignored in the OP. :roll:

g4orce
11-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Look at it this way, regardless of the position we put them in, the defense gave up 30+ points. Now, Rodgers is smart enough to know that HE and the offense were half of the culprits yesterday. Special Teams was the other half.

It would be easy for ANYONE to call out the defense. Aaron Rodgers calls out the right people, including himself.

he didn't take responsibility, he deflected blame into other areas for the loss.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 03:33 PM
"Chester's an excellent receiver. I thought it was a good call. We were moving the ball well at the time. Things happen," Favre said. "We struggled a little in the red zone today obviously. That will be a point of emphasis not only for us but for me this week."

I would have like to seen Favre take responsibility for puking up 14 4th quarter points to the Steelers two weeks ago.

There - now I sound nearly as stupid as you two.

g4orce
11-09-2009, 03:35 PM
"Chester's an excellent receiver. I thought it was a good call. We were moving the ball well at the time. Things happen," Favre said. "We struggled a little in the red zone today obviously. That will be a point of emphasis not only for us but for me this week."

I would have like to seen Favre take responsibility for puking up 14 4th quarter points for the Steelers two weeks ago.

There, now I sound nearly as stupid as you two.

knew it'd be only a matter of time before u attacked him. Classy as always.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 03:48 PM

I would have like to seen Favre take responsibility for puking up 14 4th quarter points for the Steelers two weeks ago.

Just as I knew it would only be a matter of time until you attacked Rodgers. Classy, and predictable as always.

Brandon494
11-09-2009, 04:30 PM
This thread blows.

No. This thread sucks.

+1

Can't believe I just wanted a minute of my life reading this shit.

g4orce
11-09-2009, 04:31 PM

Just as I knew it would only be a matter of time until you attacked Rodgers. Classy, and predictable as always.

haven't at all attacked him. Just opened a debate on if he's starting to crack.

pbmax
11-09-2009, 05:16 PM

he didn't take responsibility, he deflected blame into other areas for the loss.
Only if you stick your fingers in your ears when you reach the part of the interview that isn't convenient for your argument. Have you read the rest of the interview?

It's pretty frustrating. It was a different game today. Big play, second play of the game, come back throw a pick.

It's very frustrating. We feel like we should be able to move the ball on anybody. They played with a lot of confidence on defense, they had a good scheme, you've got to give them credit, they made plays. But we didn't make enough plays on offense and that's why we came up short.

The first one, I didn't see him. Tried to kind of put it in there against the wind. Felt good about the second ball. Unfortunately got a little deflection there. And then the third one is third and 17 or whatever....Third or fourth down, think it was desperation. Still felt good about the throw but may have been a little bit high.

Partial
11-09-2009, 07:03 PM

Really? I for one am praying Rodgers blows up at MM on the sideline after a busted drive due to poor playcalling. That will most certainly get MM fired.

You should read the PI articles. Bob McGinn had scouts break down every single play the Packer ran over a series of a games and they concluded that Jennings is just about always open and they run almost all west coast stuff, not just the deep ball.

This was the overhead game footage that teams get. Not television footage.

Scout said that Rodgers never throws over the middle, something I was saying all of last year. Scouts said he is late in making his decisions, something I was saying all of last year.

Rodgers would be benched if he cocks off to the coach. Who are you kidding?

Partial
11-09-2009, 07:04 PM

WHo's fault was that?

Sure learned that the past 16 years.

You mean one of the most successful stints of an NFL franchise in the modern era? I don't have the stats but I bet you'd be hard pressed to find a more successful team consistently over a 16 since FA started.

Partial
11-09-2009, 07:07 PM
And for as bad as Rodgers was yesterday, he still managed 3TD's and staked his team to an 11 point 4th quarter lead.

And basically single-handedly gave the game away with yet another inept performance when it matters.

Key interceptions - lack of sustained drives - sacks - etc.

Nothing ever changes. Bob McGinn brought up some very telling points about our record and performance as a team since the Indy game last year. Beyond pathetic.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 07:10 PM

And basically single-handedly gave the game away with yet another inept performance when it matters.

Sure Partial. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Partial
11-09-2009, 07:11 PM

Did he not throw key interceptions to lose the game, including the dagger pick six? Did he lead his team down the field?

How many times did he set his team up for failure yesterday?

He was awful. I give him a 1 out of 10. He played like Derek Anderson yesterday. For shame.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 07:13 PM

Did he not throw key interceptions to lose the game, including the dagger pick six? Did he lead his team down the field?

He was awful. I give him a 1 out of 10. He played like Derek Anderson yesterday. For shame.

You must fully endorse the special teams play if Rodgers "single-handedly" lost the game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously?

Partial
11-09-2009, 07:14 PM

You must fully endorse the special teams play if Rodgers "single-handedly" lost the game. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did special teams throw a pick six instead of driving the ball down the field and scoring a touchdown against the 31st rank passing D and 30th ranking rushing D?

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 07:18 PM

Did special teams throw a pick six instead of driving the ball down the field and scoring a touchdown against the 31st rank passing D and 30th ranking rushing D?

Did Aaron Rodgers single-handedly get a punt blocked for a touchdown? Did Aaron Rodgers single-handedly allow yet another ridiculously long kickoff return to setup another easy TD.

Partial
11-09-2009, 07:21 PM

Did Aaron Rodgers single-handedly get a punt blocked for a touchdown? Did Aaron Rodgers single-handedly allow yet another ridiculously long kickoff return for a TD.

Woulda shoulda coulda. Kid had yet another chance to win at the end and he came up short. Once again I want a player who is unafraid to step on the throat / penetrate / whatever you want to call it.

He doesn't have that magically big play gift that some guys have.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Did Aaron Rodgers single-handedly lose the game? Are you really going to stick with that story?

SkinBasket
11-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Did Aaron Rodgers single-handedly lose the game? Are you really going to stick with that story?

I think you know the answer to that.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 07:38 PM

I think you know the answer to that.

If I only had a nickle for every ship that P went down with the ship.

Partial
11-09-2009, 07:48 PM
So he got excuses last year when he couldn't get the job done, and yesterday he has a chance to silence his doubters and carry a struggling team on his back... instead, he throws a pick six and makes a weak effort to tackle and prevent it, as if he didn't care.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 07:49 PM
.......single-handedly...........

Brandon494
11-09-2009, 07:58 PM
So he got excuses last year when he couldn't get the job done, and yesterday he has a chance to silence his doubters and carry a struggling team on his back... instead, he throws a pick six and makes a weak effort to tackle and prevent it, as if he didn't care.

Give me a break, AR is the only reason this team is not 0-8 instead of 4-4. This guy is only in his 2nd year starting, he can't do it all by himself. Special teams and defense played more of a part than AR in lossing to TB. Yes he had a chance to win at the end so I guess you are right he didnt get the job done at the end BUT if defense and special teams did their jobs it would have been a double digit win.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 08:01 PM
P is just trolling again.

Partial
11-09-2009, 08:11 PM

The game didn't go well; If he pulled it out at the end, would you be saying that Rodgers single-handedly pulled it off. Without a doubt you would. Do not even deny it.

Since he did not, and his epic failure was the final nail in the proverbial coffin, he is held responsible.

Brandon494
11-09-2009, 08:19 PM

The game didn't go well; If he pulled it out at the end, would you be saying that Rodgers single-handedly pulled it off. Without a doubt you would. Do not even deny it.

Since he did not, and his epic failure was the final nail in the proverbial coffin, he is held responsible.

epic failure?

Its not like he threw a INT in OT in the NFC Championship game.... oops :doh:

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 08:21 PM

Did I say it against Chicago?

Uhhh, well no Scott, I guess you didn't.

I never would say something that goofy. That's your schtick.

Partial
11-09-2009, 08:21 PM

epic failure?

Its not like he threw a INT in OT in the NFC Championship game.... oops :doh:

Also an epic failure, but at least we were in the big game. This epic failure might be bigger because of this epic failure the chances of getting to the big game to even have a shot at another epic failure are minimal.

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 08:25 PM

No doubt. Reasonable people would hold him accountable. And unreasonable people would say he lost the game single-handedly.

Bretsky
11-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Overall IMO Rodgers had a poor game yesterday. He missed some key passes and made some bad decisions. But I still think he's the least of this teams worries and just one of a ton of factors for yesterday's loss.

Make a dart board and on it put
Ted Thompson, MM, Campmen, Slocum, the OL, DL, LB, P QB, Special Teams, and WR ..etc

Close eyes, throw dart at board, and whatever you hit is part of the problem of why we lost to the pathetic Bucs

As for the first point of this thread...it's a load of bunk. Nothing AROD said bothered me at all

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Overall IMO Rodgers had a poor game yesterday. He missed some key passes and made some bad decisions. But I still think he's the least of this teams worries and just one of a ton of factors for yesterday's loss.

Ted Thompson, MM, Campmen, Slocum, the OL, DL, LB, P QB, Special Teams, and WR ..etc

Close eyes, throw dart at board, and whatever you hit is part of the problem of why we lost to the pathetic Bucs

As for the first point of this thread...it's a load of bunk. Nothing AROD said bothered me at all

Legit criticism from a legit poster.

g4orce
11-09-2009, 08:36 PM

what do u consider yourself? Jw

Scott Campbell
11-09-2009, 08:37 PM

Your daddy.

g4orce
11-09-2009, 08:42 PM

Your daddy.

got my answer. Thanks.

pbmax
11-09-2009, 09:58 PM

You should read the PI articles. Bob McGinn had scouts break down every single play the Packer ran over a series of a games and they concluded that Jennings is just about always open and they run almost all west coast stuff, not just the deep ball.

Scout said that Rodgers never throws over the middle, something I was saying all of last year. Scouts said he is late in making his decisions, something I was saying all of last year.

Rodgers would be benched if he cocks off to the coach. Who are you kidding?
Don't exaggerate Partial, others can read Bob. The coach watched ONE game. And no where did Bob or his coach say Jennings is always open, but that he was open against the Vikings. And they said Driver competed harder for the ball. OchoCinco made better cuts and Santonio Homes was more explosive. Jennings, while good with cuts, is not as accurate with patterns and doesn't cut like the vets. Driver and Welker are better out of cuts creating separation. McGinn takes this implication to suggest that it takes Jennings an extra beat to get clear on his route and Rodgers doesn't have that kind of time on some throws. Jennings coach did not agree with Bob.

The entire point of the article was that Jennings is one step behind the best receivers and that the coach (it wasn't a scout) would take Sidney Rice or Colston over Jennings.

Bob goes on to point out that at Jennings size (small for starting WRs) he can take another extra beat to clear the LOS from press coverage. But his point is confusing because he says his best routes are the one and three step slants that Favre favored and Rodgers does not. (Also that is different from not throwing into the middle of the field - its one route).

He then call Jennings a big play waiting to happen for his ability to get deep on safeties. At this point Bob is probably babbling to himself. But I think the larger point is that Jennings has enough speed and shiftiness to get deep on DBs but he is not quick enough to make hay on routes that require precision cutting. So his best routes might not be the best match for Rodgers in the shorter part of the passing tree.

And the main reason cited for his numbers falling is the play of the offensive line.

SkinBasket
11-09-2009, 10:03 PM

If he had been able to negate the failures of the rest of the team by scoring the winning TD, I think it would have been deserved. As it was, he had a game that most NFL QBs might consider average or slightly less than average. It sure would be great if any other unit on the field could pick up the slack for a week. Especially that god awful cock sucking offensive line.

g4orce
11-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Only if you stick your fingers in your ears when you reach the part of the interview that isn't convenient for your argument. Have you read the rest of the interview?

It's pretty frustrating. It was a different game today. Big play, second play of the game, come back throw a pick.

It's very frustrating. We feel like we should be able to move the ball on anybody. They played with a lot of confidence on defense, they had a good scheme, you've got to give them credit, they made plays. But we didn't make enough plays on offense and that's why we came up short.

"we" didnt make enough plays on offense? How about I didn't make the plays when I had to, to win this game. I failed in the clutch, again, and its unacceptable. Something to that sort.

The first one, I didn't see him. Tried to kind of put it in there against the wind. Felt good about the second ball. Unfortunately got a little deflection there. And then the third one is third and 17 or whatever....Third or fourth down, think it was desperation. Still felt good about the throw but may have been a little bit high.

Blah, blah, blah. I didn't see him, its the winds fault= excuse.

Felt good about the 2nd one? you forced it into coverage for no reason.

Oh and the last one, had the ball in my hands, could put the team on my back and win a friggin game for once but nope, just tossed it cuz it was desperation mode. Oh and he still felt good about it.

haha shits laughable.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Lying the Partial way:

1. One scout
2. Scout said he only WATCHED one game. But, if he was doing due diligence for his team he would break down 4.
3. Wasn't a scout..was an assistant coach.
4. Didn't say he was always open. Just that he saw him open.
5. Coach was a DB coach.

1. Scout said nothing about middle at all.
2. Nothing in the article said anything about the type of film being watched.
3. Scout said this about Arod:

"Both," the coach said. "They run typical West Coast routes. Up the field, hitches. Other than their protection, they're an NFL offense. But their protection is absolutely glaring.

"That line is pathetic. They never get a chance to do anything. Shoot, those guys cannot block. Those guys block the wrong guys. They don't block guys sometimes. How can you not block Jared Allen?"

"I don't know who their plays are called for. Probably Driver more. But the thing is, the quarterback just doesn't have time. Nothing wrong other than the quarterback getting hit every other play."

Coach said nothing about Arod holding onto the ball too long. NOTHING. Not saying that he doesn't, but a professional coach..one that PARTIAL is using to make points..didnt' even bring it up.

Folks, this is Partial. When you read him, keep this post in mind. Realize that he lies and has no ethics or he just is plain dumb and can't comprehend. Ty chooses not to believe he is dumb. Ty knows he lies.

pbmax
11-10-2009, 07:48 AM
"we" didnt make enough plays on offense? How about I didn't make the plays when I had to, to win this game. I failed in the clutch, again, and its unacceptable. Something to that sort.

Oh and the last one, had the ball in my hands, could put the team on my back and win a friggin game for once but nope, just tossed it cuz it was desperation mode. Oh and he still felt good about it.

haha shits laughable.

That's an awfully bold font for a pronoun disagreement. So we have gone from the kid is cracking up, to the kid is blaming everyone else, to the kid is referring to his efforts on offense as "we". Interesting.

Would you have preferred Rodgers just have said "I was just trying to make a play."? :lol:

Scott Campbell
11-10-2009, 08:01 AM

Maybe Favre should have said "I need to be more careful with the ball, so that I don't score 14 points for the other team in the 4th quarter".

Why is what Favre says more acceptable than what Rodgers says?

Paco :hrt: Bert

g4orce
11-10-2009, 08:20 AM

haha shits laughable.

That's an awfully bold font for a pronoun disagreement. So we have gone from the kid is cracking up, to the kid is blaming everyone else, to the kid is referring to his efforts on offense as "we". Interesting.

Would you have preferred Rodgers just have said "I was just trying to make a play."? :lol:

the guy took no responsibility at all. He was terrible when it counted and took zero responsibility and had a bunch of excuses to the press for the first time that I can remember which goes towards my whole point of the thread that he's changing before our eyes. Couple more games like that and it'll be even worse IMO. One of the things I've liked about Arod is that he hasn't been a baby thru anything. Well here was step one towards becoming an excuse guy. MM must really be wearing off on him.

Scott Campbell
11-10-2009, 08:22 AM

:bclap:

g4orce
11-10-2009, 08:23 AM

Maybe Favre should have said "I need to be more careful with the ball, so that I don't score 14 points for the other team in the 4th quarter".

just stop towards me. I do not care about ur favre hatred, we get it, u don't like him.. Now move along. This thread has nothing to do with him. Get the hatred outta ur heart and move on. He has.

Scott Campbell
11-10-2009, 08:31 AM
It's the exact same thing.

channtheman
11-10-2009, 08:52 AM

just stop towards me. I do not care about ur favre hatred, we get it, u don't like him.. Now move along. This thread has nothing to do with him. Get the hatred outta ur heart and move on. He has.

Just stop towards you? WTF did you seriously expect making a topic about a complete and total non issue?

g4orce
11-10-2009, 08:55 AM

Just stop towards you? WTF did you seriously expect making a topic about a complete and total non issue?

maybe its a non issue to you, and thats great, but to me and a couple other people it might be. Is that ok with you? That others might have a different opinion on the matter? Is it really a big deal to you or SC that some discuss it, that our QB might be changing before our eyes? It shouldnt hurt your feelings, if you dont like it, simply dont read it or dont reply to it. Not that hard.

Scott Campbell
11-10-2009, 08:57 AM
maybe its a non issue to you, and thats great, but to me and a couple other people it might be. Is that ok with you? That others might have a different opinion on the matter? Is it really a big deal to you or SC that some discuss it, that our QB might be changing before our eyes? It shouldnt hurt your feelings, if you dont like it, simply dont read it or dont reply to it. Not that hard.

Start your own board if you want to censor replies.

The rest of us here have a right to respond to trolling.

channtheman
11-10-2009, 09:05 AM

Actually I only recall Partial agreeing, and that's because we all know that he and you both want Rodgers to fail and fall flat on his ass. Rodgers is the most scrutinized QB I've ever seen. Never did I see Favre take any of this when he would lose a game by throwing 5 or 6 interceptions.

g4orce
11-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Actually I only recall Partial agreeing, and that's because we all know that he and you both want Rodgers to fail and fall flat on his ass. Rodgers is the most scrutinized QB I've ever seen. Never did I see Favre take any of this when he would lose a game by throwing 5 or 6 interceptions.

:violin: Partial isnt the only one to agree. But I see this is an emotional topic for you. I also know that Favre was picked on a lot, still is, for anything he has ever said and done. It comes with the territory. Oh and I don't want to see Rodgers fail, I like him.. met him, enjoyed talking to him. I like his athletic side. Hate that he pisses himself in the clutch, but I'm really hoping something clicks. I'm just not going to give him a free pass for stupid play nor not coming thru when we need him.

Zool
11-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Also this title is completely racist.

Scott Campbell
11-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Also this title is completely racist.

:lol:

Pugger
11-10-2009, 09:55 AM

haha shits laughable.

the guy took no responsibility at all. He was terrible when it counted and took zero responsibility and had a bunch of excuses to the press for the first time that I can remember which goes towards my whole point of the thread that he's changing before our eyes. Couple more games like that and it'll be even worse IMO. One of the things I've liked about Arod is that he hasn't been a baby thru anything. Well here was step one towards becoming an excuse guy. MM must really be wearing off on him.

Huh??? I read your first post in this thread and I didn't see any excuses from AR. He spoke the truth. He said his INTs and the STs breakdowns were the difference in that game that gave Tampa a short field. I can understand if you want to search for things to rag on AR because he isn't BF but this thread is ridiculous.

MichiganPackerFan
11-10-2009, 09:59 AM
...but this thread is ridiculous.

C'mon Pugger: ty & I already argued this out and concluded that this thread sucks. However it does taste great and allegedly is less filling as well.

Pugger
11-10-2009, 10:17 AM
...but this thread is ridiculous.

C'mon Pugger: ty & I already argued this out and concluded that this thread sucks. However it does taste great and allegedly is less filling as well.

I guess I was being redundant. :wink:

Partial
11-11-2009, 12:01 AM
CAPS

Lying the Partial way:

1. One scout
2. Scout said he only WATCHED one game. But, if he was doing due diligence for his team he would break down 4.
3. Wasn't a scout..was an assistant coach.
4. Didn't say he was always open. Just that he saw him open.
5. Coach was a DB coach.

ONE SCOUT IS A SET OF SCOUTS. IT'S A SET OF ONE.

ONE GAME IS A SET OF GAMES. IT'S A SET OF ONE.

IT WAS AN ASSISTANT COACH, YOU'RE CORRECT. MY BAD :-/

1. Scout said nothing about middle at all.
2. Nothing in the article said anything about the type of film being watched.
3. Scout said this about Arod:

"Both," the coach said. "They run typical West Coast routes. Up the field, hitches. Other than their protection, they're an NFL offense. But their protection is absolutely glaring.

I DIDN'T MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT FILM BEING WATCHED. YOU'RE RIGHT THOUGH, THAT WAS A CHAT I BELIEVE WHERE MCGINN MENTIONED AROD NOT USING MIDDLE OF THE FIELD FROM A SCOUT. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE CONFUSION.

"That line is pathetic. They never get a chance to do anything. Shoot, those guys cannot block. Those guys block the wrong guys. They don't block guys sometimes. How can you not block Jared Allen?"

"I don't know who their plays are called for. Probably Driver more. But the thing is, the quarterback just doesn't have time. Nothing wrong other than the quarterback getting hit every other play."

Coach said nothing about Arod holding onto the ball too long. NOTHING. Not saying that he doesn't, but a professional coach..one that PARTIAL is using to make points..didnt' even bring it up.

Folks, this is Partial. When you read him, keep this post in mind. Realize that he lies and has no ethics or he just is plain dumb and can't comprehend. Ty chooses not to believe he is dumb. Ty knows he lies.

TY, WE'RE NOT ALL PERFECT LIKE YOU BRO. I READ A LOT OF ARTICLES AND OCCASIONALLY GET THEM MINGLED UP. BIG DEAL.

ARE YOU TELLING ME WE CANNOT FIND 5+ ARTICLES TALKING ABOUT AROD HOLDING ONTO THE BALL TOO LONG?!? EVEN MCCARTHY HAS ACKNOWLEDGED IT.

IT DOESN'T TAKE A GENIUS OR AN ASSISTANT COACH TO SEE THAT.

gex
11-11-2009, 12:13 AM

Actually, he make a good point here SC.
Its a differing opinion and you guys just cant have posters with different opinions now, can you?

Admin... take a look at the paragraph above and you will see why new people wont post here.

Scott Campbell
11-11-2009, 06:37 AM

Actually, he make a good point here SC.
Its a differing opinion and you guys just cant have posters with different opinions now, can you?

Admin... take a look at the paragraph above and you will see why new people wont post here.

Paco isn't new. He got banned and made a new account.

And how many of "us guys" are you crying about to the Admin? How bout you quit whining and make a football post? Joe asked us not to crap on the football threads, and out of respect for him and the others on this forum, I've previously been ignoring your crying. How bout you keep your I HATE SCOTT rhetoric in the Romper Room or PM.

Make a football post gex.

SkinBasket
11-11-2009, 07:48 AM
ONE SCOUT IS A SET OF SCOUTS. IT'S A SET OF ONE.

ONE GAME IS A SET OF GAMES. IT'S A SET OF ONE.

I just saw on the TV show House that if you injure something... like a wrist... that it can release toxins that can affect other parts of your body. They thought the girl in the show had injured her ankle and the toxins were making her hands swell. I think you might have toxins in your head.