PDA

View Full Version : Kampman has concussion.

The_Dude
11-09-2009, 06:31 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/09/kampman-played-most-of-game-with-concussion/

Packers linebacker Aaron Kampman suffered a concussion during his fourth play against the Buccaneers Sunday, but he didn't leave the game until the fourth quarter.

Kampman revealed that information Monday, saying he still didn't feel right a day after the game. Defensive coordinator Dom Capers said the coaching staff didn't know Kampman was injured until later in the game.

Kampman's situation brings up one of the many problems associated with concussions in the NFL; players identify the problem and that could go against their nature to fight through injuries. Many former players talk about finding it difficult to know the line between a "concussion" and "having your bell rung," if there is any difference at all.

Redskins receiver Santana Moss said Monday that he has no recollection of lying on the turf for half a minute in Atlanta.

"Honestly," Moss said Monday. "I really didn't know. I just thought I got back up. They were just tellin' me about it, but I really didn't know I was out that long. Thought I just got hit and got back up."

Moss returned to the game and it's unclear what happened on the play, but his teammate Clinton Portis clearly suffered a concussion. Portis still can't recall the play he was hurt on and looks unlikely to play this week.

Kampman's status for Green Bay's game against Dallas is unclear.

pbmax
11-09-2009, 10:11 PM
OK, here we have the correct thread.

How the hell did this get missed by the training staff and the Doctors?

pbmax
11-10-2009, 08:05 AM
OK, people we need to focus. Sure things aren't going the way we planned, but we cannot let up in our efforts to completely misunderstand what is happening at Lambeau.

Someone please tell me how they missed that Aaron Kampman was singing songs from "Bye Bye Birdie" during the game and no one thought "concussion".

I can take it if you tell me the answer is: His level of play didn't seem to be affected.

I won't like it, but I can take it.

denverYooper
11-10-2009, 10:45 AM
OK, people we need to focus. Sure things aren't going the way we planned, but we cannot let up in our efforts to completely misunderstand what is happening at Lambeau.

Someone please tell me how they missed that Aaron Kampman was singing songs from "Bye Bye Birdie" during the game and no one thought "concussion".

I can take it if you tell me the answer is: His level of play didn't seem to be affected.

I won't like it, but I can take it.

Didn't they sub JThompson and Popps in for him at various points, and more liberally than usual? Maybe it's more a comment on the quality of backup play...

Pugger
11-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Now you've got ME singing "Bye Bye Birdie". :lol: