CaliforniaCheez
11-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Week Nine Playoff Positions

NFC

1st Round Bye
1) Saints Record (8-0) > vikings (7-1)
2) vikings Record (7-1) > Cowboys (6-2)

Division Leaders
3) Cowboys Record (6-2) > Cardinals (5-3)
4) Cardinals Record (5-3) > 49'ers (3-5)

Wild Cards

5) Falcons Strength of Victory .375 > Eagles .286
6) Eagles Record (5-3) > Giants (5-4)

The Rest in order:

7) Giants Record (5-4) > Packers (4-4)
8) Packers Head to Head win over Bears
9) Bears Record (4-4) > 49'ers (3-5)
10) 49'ers Conference record (3-2) > Panthers (3-4)
11) Panthers Conference record (3-4) > Seahawks (2-4)
12) Seahawks Record (3-5) > Redskins (2-6)
13) Redskins Record (2-6) > Bucanneers (1-7)
14) Buccanners Strength of Victory .500 > Rams .125
15) Rams Conference Record (1-5) > Lions (1-6)
16) Lions

AFC

1st Round Bye
1) Colts Record (8-0) > Broncos (6-2)
2) Broncos Head to Head wins over Bengals + Patriots

Division Leaders
3) Bengals Srength of Victory .479 > Patriots .375
4) Patriots

Wild Cards

5) Steelers Record (6-2) > Chargers (5-3)
6) Chargers Record (5-3) > Texans (5-4)

The Rest in order:

7) Texans Record (5-4) > Jaguars (4-4)
8) Jaguars Conference Record (3-2) > Jets (4-3)
9) Jets Strength of Victory .451 > Ravens .433
10) Ravens Record (4-4) > Dolphins (3-5)
11) Dolphins Head to Head win over Bills
12) Bills Record (3-5) > Raiders (2-6)
13) Raiders Conference Record (1-5) > Titans (1-6)
14) Titans Record (2-6) > Browns (1-7)
15) Browns Conference record (1-4) > Chiefs (0-4)
16) Chiefs

For those with an extra sense of humor:

Top of the draft order:
1) Rams
2) Chiefs
3) Bucanneers
4) Lions
5) Browns
6) Redskins
7) Raiders
8) Titans
9) Bills
10) Seahawks
11) Panthers (coin flip)
12) 49'ers (coin flip)
13) Dolphins
14) Jets
15) Jaguars
16) Packers
17) Bears
18) Ravens
19) Texans
20) Giants

CaliforniaCheez
11-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Notice how the Bucanneers moved up from last in the NFC to 14th this week?

Notice how the Bucanneers dropped from the #1 overall draft position to #3 this week?

Just a couple more needles....

gex
11-09-2009, 11:42 PM
TT must be drooling at the thought of another top 10 pick next year..........you know his 10 year plan. :lol:

Fosco33
11-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Looks like NFC E will take the wildcards... but the Packers have a shot at playoffs still.

"What's that? Ah -- Playoffs? Don't talk about -- playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game."

MOBB DEEP
11-10-2009, 12:17 AM
LOL

cant believe hated cowboys are a 3 seed :evil:

Badgerinmaine
11-10-2009, 06:00 AM
Actually, I love this kind of thread--it's fun to play the logic puzzle of the playoffs in my head like this. I'm glad you post it.

Badgerinmaine
11-10-2009, 06:02 AM
Notice how the Bucanneers moved up from last in the NFC to 14th this week?

Notice how the Bucanneers dropped from the #1 overall draft position to #3 this week?

Just a couple more needles....
Yeah. I wonder how that happened? :eyes:

One other thing: Who would have guessed that, halfway through the year, the Bengals would not only be in the playoffs but be sitting with a first round bye? Kudos to them.

MOBB DEEP
11-10-2009, 07:00 AM
One other thing: Who would have guessed that, halfway through the year, the Bengals would not only be in the playoffs but be sitting with a first round bye? Kudos to them.

Especially when a mere 1.5 yeasr ago it appeared the prisoners were running the asylum and players were underacheiving

NOW, Marv Lewis is coach of the year candidate?! :?:

Actually, this means there's hope for TT/MM's regime to turn things around; Pack is more talented and have harder workers imo (although this is ALSO the reason I was SO excited after the pre-season... :cry: )

GREAT weekly thread oh wise one....

KYPack
11-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Keep posting Cheeze.

I dig this thread, too.

Was gonna start a thread about how the events of this goofy season have drained the juice from me, but I don't have the juice to do it.

The Bengals lost to the Broncos in the last seconds. I know, I was there.

Bretsky
11-10-2009, 07:38 AM
good thread; Pack not that far away if they can pull their heads out of their asses and start playing well

pbmax
11-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Cheez, if you have the time, create an alternate reality playoff thread where the Packers are the number 3 or 4 seed and my prediction of a 12-3-1 season is still mathematically possible. Thanks.

Pugger
11-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Yes, after a disappointing game we all need to have some hope or else why watch?

Scott Campbell
11-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Yes, after a disappointing game we all need to have some hope or else why watch?

The 70's and 80's taught us to watch for individual player development from about Halloween on.

CaliforniaCheez
11-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Cheez, if you have the time, create an alternate reality playoff thread where the Packers are the number 3 or 4 seed and my prediction of a 12-3-1 season is still mathematically possible. Thanks.

There are so many possible outcomes that would be too big to handle. Think about the Lions still mathmatically able to win the division.

Since week one I have taken the Joe Friday approach "just the facts".

No media source goes through the tie breakers! If I can do it, so can ESPN but they show net points on their page which is low on the tiebreaker scale.

This week, no tiebreaker went beyond strength of victory which is right after conference record.

MadtownPacker
11-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Whats up with this title Cheeze? I always dig this thread. Just hard to comment when we aint on the top half if it.

Brando19
11-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Whats up with this title Cheeze? I always dig this thread. Just hard to comment when we aint on the top half if it.

Nice avatar. Pretty much sums up the season.

Smidgeon
11-10-2009, 07:58 PM

Really? Only halfway through the season and ready to throw it all in? The season isn't done yet. Some leaks have sprung in the ship, but until it drops several more games, it isn't yet the Titanic.

Brando19
11-10-2009, 08:14 PM

Really? Only halfway through the season and ready to throw it all in? The season isn't done yet. Some leaks have sprung in the ship, but until it drops several more games, it isn't yet the Titanic.

I like your optimism...but that's not going to work. A few leaks have sprung? They lost to the worst team in the National Football League. I'm afraid they've sank the battleship.

Smidgeon
11-10-2009, 08:29 PM

I like your optimism...but that's not going to work. A few leaks have sprung? They lost to the worst team in the National Football League. I'm afraid they've sank the battleship.

No, they beat Cleveland pretty badly. :rs:

Seriously, the 1997 8-2 team lost to the 0-10 Colts team. Green Bay is at .500. That's it. The season isn't done yet. I'm not optimistic that they'll run the tables or even end up at 8-8. I'm not. I see the leaks. I'm simply saying that the season is half over. They play the games for a reason. I'm a fan until the last game is played. I'm not going to start looking forward to next season or start writing this one off just because I'm frustrated (which I am).

Brando19
11-10-2009, 08:50 PM

No, they beat Cleveland pretty badly. :rs:

Seriously, the 1997 8-2 team lost to the 0-10 Colts team. Green Bay is at .500. That's it. The season isn't done yet. I'm not optimistic that they'll run the tables or even end up at 8-8. I'm not. I see the leaks. I'm simply saying that the season is half over. They play the games for a reason. I'm a fan until the last game is played. I'm not going to start looking forward to next season or start writing this one off just because I'm frustrated (which I am).

I get what you're saying. It's just hard to get pumped up when the winless Bucs with a rookie QB getting his first start beats our team. Rodgers is on track to shatter David Carr's sack record. When the sucky line holds up, he holds onto the ball too long and gets sacked anyway. Coaching sucks, special teams is a complete joke...I could go on but I don't need to because we all see this. I know the season is only half over, but there's some damn good teams on the schedule. We'll see what happens...but I'm not holding my breath.

Scott Campbell
11-10-2009, 08:53 PM

In fairness that ship is only half sunk. But like the Packers, it's taking on water pretty fast.

Smidgeon
11-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Rodgers is on track to shatter David Carr's sack record.

Rodgers is on track to end with 2 less sacks than Carr's record. He's on pace for 74, and Carr's record is 76. Hardly shattering the record. Certainly not a good mark or even close. Campen's original goal was 16. That'd be a good year. I can live with more. I'll be livid if it get close to Carr's record. But "on track to shatter David Carr's sack record" is still hyperbolic.

Smidgeon
11-10-2009, 10:24 PM

In fairness that ship is only half sunk. But like the Packers, it's taking on water pretty fast.

Agreed.