PDA

View Full Version : On to Dallas...

GrnBay007
11-10-2009, 09:26 AM
After a couple rough weeks, I was pleasantly surprised to see Dallas is only favored over GB by 2.5 pts. Not bad, considering. So, the odds-makers in Vegas haven't given up on the Pack. We shouldn't either!! :D

Scott Campbell
11-10-2009, 09:30 AM
That's nice of them. But I'm not taking the points in this one.

g4orce
11-10-2009, 09:34 AM
They like to run the ball, we can stop the run. Can we contain Romo enough to not scramble around and make the big plays will be whether or not our D succeeds in this game.

On offense, its gotta be quick passes or guys like Ware will kill Rodgers. If he tries the shit he's been doing for weeks now and hold onto the football, he's gonna take yet another beating. This is truly a game we need to run to set up our passing game. Most likely MM wont stick with it though.

Cowboys 26
Packers 17 :cry:

Maxie the Taxi
11-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Talent-wise and scheme-wise Dallas and Green Bay are a lot alike. It will be a good test to see just where both teams are at.

Dallas does have a huge advantage on special teams and that's where we've broke down so often this year.

On the other hand, if Romo is hurried he can be careless.

On the other, other hand, Romo and Dallas are hot. GB is in disarray.

On the other, other, other hand, like LeRoy Butler says, if Rodgers has enough time to get hot, anything can happen.

I'm expecting MM to come out throwing as usual, so I'm expecting Dallas to win in a blowout.

denverYooper
11-10-2009, 11:17 AM
We start Clifton-Colledge-Wells-Sitton-Lang and go nuts. That line finishes the year. Offense finds some mojo for a week because they play better with their back against the wall, where Tampa pinned 'em.

ST gives up a long runback again but Kevin Greene blows a gasket and rips Poppinga's head off. ST's not his concern but he just gets sick of the D getting the shit end of it and feels like someone needs a good reamin' for that bullshit. No more runbacks are surrendered for weeks.

Dallas has pwn3d us the last few years. That changes Sunday. Our team remains an enigma and pulls this one off. Then they beat SF and lose to the Lions, further confusing the shit out of their fans.

Packers 35
Dallas 21

g4orce
11-10-2009, 11:22 AM
We start Clifton-Colledge-Wells-Sitton-Lang and go nuts. That line finishes the year.

You're theory might go right if Tauscher doesnt play this weekend, Lang would start at RT according to jsonline. Its also possible College loses his spot and our line looks like this... Clifton-Lang-Wells(wish it was spitz)-Sitton-Lang

Smidgeon
11-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Its also possible...our line looks like this... Clifton-Lang-Wells(wish it was spitz)-Sitton-Lang

So how can Lang start twice on the line?

mraynrand
11-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Its also possible...our line looks like this... Clifton-Lang-Wells(wish it was spitz)-Sitton-Lang

All of the sudden Lang has become extremely valuable.

mraynrand
11-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I believe Dallas has never won in Lambeau. Another precious piece of Packer pride in serious jeopardy.

g4orce
11-10-2009, 12:06 PM

haha whoops meant to put Tausch at Rt. My bad!

g4orce
11-10-2009, 12:07 PM
I believe Dallas has never won in Lambeau. Another precious piece of Packer pride in serious jeopardy.

Yep. It's all crumbling down on us.

Chevelle2
11-10-2009, 12:16 PM

They beat us here last year.

Fritz
11-10-2009, 12:31 PM

If they can manage this then maybe our offensive line troubles are over.

Smidgeon
11-10-2009, 01:12 PM

haha whoops meant to put Tausch at Rt. My bad!

Who would you put at RT if Tauscher's knee takes three weeks to get back into playing shape?

mraynrand
11-10-2009, 01:17 PM

ya know, I completely wiped that from my memory!

g4orce
11-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Who would you put at RT if Tauscher's knee takes three weeks to get back into playing shape?

Well I guess I'd say Lang. Cuz Barbe has just sucked that bad. Lang was a guard in college, and itd be great to just, make him a guard and keep it that way but it seems as though the kid will never get to one spot and be comfortable because of the inept, horshit, piece of trash, GM that we have.

denverYooper
11-10-2009, 01:33 PM

Well I guess I'd say Lang. Cuz Barbe has just sucked that bad. Lang was a guard in college, and itd be great to just, make him a guard and keep it that way but it seems as though the kid will never get to one spot and be comfortable because of the inept, horshit, piece of trash, GM that we have.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GxCs7P8s6-s/ScvVTfvtZ8I/AAAAAAAAABM/b2ARCFBNDSc/s320/Huddleston.jpg

"Now who can argue with that? I think we're all indebt to Gabby Johnson for stating what needed to be said. I am particulary glad that these lovely children are here today to hear that speech. Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish, it expressed the courage little seen in this day and age."

Smidgeon
11-10-2009, 01:34 PM

So you'd put Colledge back at LG?

g4orce
11-10-2009, 01:49 PM

If Tausch is out I'd put Clifton-College-Spitz-Sitton-Lang
With Tausch I'd put Clifton-Lang-Spitz-Sitton-Lang

I think Lang deserves a crack at the guard position, College hasnt done shit.

Smidgeon
11-10-2009, 01:57 PM

So again, you'd start Lang in both places? :wink:

g4orce
11-10-2009, 01:58 PM

If Tausch is out I'd put Clifton-College-Spitz-Sitton-Tausch

So again, you'd start Lang in both places? :wink:

gosh dangit! haha

Smidgeon
11-10-2009, 02:00 PM

If Tausch is out I'd put Clifton-College-Spitz-Sitton-Tausch

So again, you'd start Lang in both places?

gosh dangit! haha

Wait--so now Lang wouldn't even play if Tauscher was healthy. I'm getting confused. ;)

g4orce
11-10-2009, 02:07 PM

With Tausch I'd put Clifton-Lang-Spitz-Sitton-Tausch

So again, you'd start Lang in both places?

gosh dangit! haha

Wait--so now Lang wouldn't even play if Tauscher was healthy. I'm getting confused. ;)

hahah wow, im strugglin. I'm at work, but thats no excuse for that haha.

Smidgeon
11-10-2009, 02:10 PM

Got it!

g4orce
11-10-2009, 02:11 PM

Got it!

The problem with any of that is I just cant see Clifton nor Tausch staying very healthy at all for the rest of the year. Ya there might be games they can go, but I think there are also gonna be games they miss. The reason we had very good lines when Ahman was here was cuz we basically had 5 guys playing for years. That way they never skipped a beat. Our dead beat GM has failed to provide us with that.

Smidgeon
11-10-2009, 02:14 PM
The problem with any of that is I just cant see Clifton nor Tausch staying very healthy at all for the rest of the year. Ya there might be games they can go, but I think there are also gonna be games they miss. The reason we had very good lines when Ahman was here was cuz we basically had 5 guys playing for years. That way they never skipped a beat. Our dead beat GM has failed to provide us with that.

Or the deadbeat GM provided the team with that and either the coaches didn't get them prepared or the players didn't live up to their potential, neither of which would be the fault of the deadbeat GM.

MichiganPackerFan
11-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Ok. Lets complicate this JUST a bit. Spitz is on IR.

g4orce
11-10-2009, 02:39 PM

Really? I thought he was just out for a few weeks? I missed that one I guess. Well I guess Wells gets the start by default then.

g4orce
11-10-2009, 02:40 PM

Or the deadbeat GM provided the team with that and either the coaches didn't get them prepared or the players didn't live up to their potential, neither of which would be the fault of the deadbeat GM.

So you're admitting that he's a deadbeat then? :lol:

MichiganPackerFan
11-10-2009, 02:42 PM

Really? I thought he was just out for a few weeks? I missed that one I guess. Well I guess Wells gets the start by default then.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/69485147.html

Smidgeon
11-10-2009, 02:51 PM

Didn't see that egregious error either... Sad.

Packers4Ever
11-10-2009, 03:12 PM
[quote=g4orce]If Tausch is out I'd put Clifton-College-Spitz-Sitton-Lang

Got it!

The problem with any of that is I just cant see Clifton nor Tausch staying very healthy at all for the rest of the year. Ya there might be games they can go, but I think there are also gonna be games they miss. The reason we had very good lines when Ahman was here was cuz we basically had 5 guys playing for years. That way they never skipped a beat. Our dead beat GM has failed to provide us with that.[/quote

Hold the phone !!

"When Ahman was here" - has he left us? Sure hope not, he looks good...

I am SOOOO sick of this O line being shifted, week after week, no

wonder no one (almost) knows where to go or what to do on a play.

We are in our 9th week, shouldn't position have been settled weeks ago ???

There are 31 other NFL teams, do any of them operate in this manner ??

The winners don't have to !! :x

MadtownPacker
11-10-2009, 03:17 PM

ya know, I completely wiped that from my memory!Pendejo. Trying to pretend last season didnt happen.

Maybe Stubby could use you on his staff.

Maxie the Taxi
11-10-2009, 03:20 PM

ya know, I completely wiped that from my memory!Pendejo. Trying to pretend last season didnt happen.

Maybe Stubby could use you on his staff.

Or to write his resume.

Smidgeon
11-10-2009, 03:41 PM
So you're admitting that he's a deadbeat then? :lol:

Nope, just using your words to form irony. :)

MOBB DEEP
11-10-2009, 07:11 PM

Vick Da Great wrecking us in the playoffs was the start of the end of the mystique

Pack wins by 10 though

bobblehead
11-10-2009, 07:15 PM

Serious talent that young man....

bobblehead
11-10-2009, 07:18 PM

At least our "inept, horshit, piece of trash, GM" knows that TJ lang played OT in college though.

Freak Out
11-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Nice new Avatar Madtown..... :lol:

rbaloha1
11-10-2009, 08:05 PM
The Cowboys are too fast and talented for the Packers. The o-line is dominated again. Capers plays dumb again. Cowboys in a decisive win.

pbmax
11-10-2009, 09:20 PM
We start Clifton-Colledge-Wells-Sitton-Lang and go nuts. That line finishes the year.

You're theory might go right if Tauscher doesnt play this weekend, Lang would start at RT according to jsonline. Its also possible College loses his spot and our line looks like this... Clifton-Lang-Wells(wish it was spitz)-Sitton-Lang
This paco, is the reason I still read here. I missed the Lang tidbit. Thanks for the info. I think Lang can do well there.

Maxie the Taxi
11-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Vince Lombardi
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Vince Lombardi
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it.

So, then it is essential to be knocked to our knees. Praise Tampa Bay!!! For only with them can we realize true glory.

Smidgeon
11-11-2009, 12:53 AM
Vince Lombardi

So, then it is essential to be knocked to our knees. Praise Tampa Bay!!! For only with them can we realize true glory.

Hail Marys take on a whole new meaning now. Well, not a new meaning per se...

Scott Campbell
11-11-2009, 07:10 AM
For all Sherman's issues, he was terrific at rallying the troops when backed into a corner. This team doesn't have the luxury of having a hangover after tough losses. That makes for an interesting reason to watch on Sunday.

Maxie the Taxi
11-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Vince Lombardi

If Ty were a player on Lombardi's team, Ty would learn very quickly that there was absolutely no room in Lombardi's universe for clubhouse lawyers.