PDA

View Full Version : Did Brett Favre Ruin the Packer's Season?

MOBB DEEP
11-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Intriguing question on espn this morn:

Mortensen said on mike and mike that gilbert said it best; "Brett Favre, in the course of a very short period of time (lol) ruined Packer's season...turned up the heat on TT, MM, and now even Aaron Rodgers b/c in that offense you should be getn the ball out of your hands quickly and not taking 37 sacks!"

He believes that both TT and Fatboy will get another year to turn things around

Calls it the "ULTIMATE DISASTER" that it is Brett Favre who so far has ruined their season after such great expectations

As I said WAY back in 2008, Ted (Infamy) Thompson

In the words of his highness (MVP candidate) on Greta, "This guy....." :evil:

Pugger
11-11-2009, 07:43 AM
No, our own screw-ups have put this team behind the 8-ball. It's easy to wring our hands about #4 and the queens beating us but more often than not we beat ourselves with stupid penalties, shoddy tackling and atrocious O line play. :roll:

3irty1
11-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Mobb I don't think I've ever met a person like you in real life. You could only exist on the interwebs.

mraynrand
11-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Mobb I don't think I've ever met a person like you in real life. You could only exist on the interwebs.

+1

Zool
11-11-2009, 09:41 AM
No but he's ruined Christmas

rbaloha1
11-11-2009, 10:03 AM
At this stage -- yes. If the Packers fail to make the playoffs -- yes. So far things are progressing on Favre's favor.

Cheesehead Craig
11-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Favre has nothing to do with this team outside of the 2 games we played against him. That's it.

MadScientist
11-11-2009, 10:58 AM
No, but if they Pack keeps playing like last week, they'll ruin Thanksgiving.

Sparkey
11-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Favre has nothing to do with this team outside of the 2 games we played against him. That's it.

You're not watching the games very close. I specifically remember Favre sacking Rodgers numerous times in both games. He caused chaos on both sides of the ball. Not to mention the Favres on that interior line. Hell, I think the Brett Favre's might win the superbowl. :roll:

mraynrand
11-11-2009, 12:14 PM
I think what is telling is that Josh Freeman seemed to have a pretty nice game against the Packers. Could it possibly be that a team whose offense can only generate 47 yards and 3 first downs in a half, or a team whose STs and offense give up a two TDs and allow the other team's offense to start twice inside the Packers' own 20 yard line could be more to blame for the season's woes, than Brett Favre?

What I miss the most is that aggressive competitive spirit that leaves Packer defenders too upset to hug opposing QBs after a loss. I wish we had that.

http://www.seattlepi.com/dayart/aponline/63046.66Packers-Buccaneers-Football.sff.jpg

g4orce
11-11-2009, 12:24 PM
What I miss the most is that aggressive competitive spirit that leaves Packer defenders too upset to hug opposing QBs after a loss. I wish we had that.

http://www.seattlepi.com/dayart/aponline/63046.66Packers-Buccaneers-Football.sff.jpg

I'm tired of "packer people". I want some hard nosed mother f'ers that wanna kill people rather than lose a football game. Nice guys don't get it done.

gbgary
11-11-2009, 12:27 PM
no! MM did!

retailguy
11-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Piss Poor Planning ruined this season to date. Blame can go all over. Ted gets some for failing to plug holes over the past two seasons, and even before that. McCrappy gets some blame for his crummy game planning and non existent half time adjustments, and the players get most of the blame for failing to execute when their number is called.

Favre? Nope, not so much. Unless he paid mega bucks for some type of voodoo curse.

MadtownPacker
11-11-2009, 12:57 PM
To some extent I believe the losses to the Favre led vikings cut this team badly. Not to the point where it solely ruined the season but if half the losses so far have come at the vikings hands then we cant say it hasnt played a part.

But just about all the blame falls on Coach McStubby's fat shoulders.

mraynrand
11-11-2009, 01:09 PM

I'm tired of "packer people". I want some hard nosed mother f'ers that wanna kill people rather than lose a football game. Nice guys don't get it done.

Doesn't Freeman look happy??!! Ya know, the kid is so nice, and it's his first game and all, I'm kinda happy we lost.

denverYooper
11-11-2009, 02:28 PM

Doesn't Freeman look happy??!! Ya know, the kid is so nice, and it's his first game and all, I'm kinda happy we lost.

Weren't you at the game, booing as loudly as possible?

Freak Out
11-11-2009, 06:53 PM
He's a mean one, Mr. Favre.

mraynrand
11-11-2009, 07:00 PM

Weren't you at the game, booing as loudly as possible?

Not that game. But you know, looking at the way Packers hug the members of teams who beat them, I think it's probably better that we lose. It makes the Packers happy and makes the other teams happy. If we have to lose to increase happiness, then by all means we should lose.

Kiwon
11-11-2009, 09:24 PM
He did for MM, TT, and Mark Murphy.

Scott Campbell
11-11-2009, 09:35 PM
We control our own destiny, so I say no. But I would say that there's still plenty of time left for him to ruin the Vikings season.

Partial
11-11-2009, 10:25 PM
When are GMs and fans everywhere going to learn?

You. Don't. Trade. The. Face. Of. The. Franchise.

Curse of the Saltan of Swat

Curse of the Titan of Touchdown

Curse of his Airness (mostly forced him out, not a trade).

Take care of your superstars and they will take care of you. If you don't, your team will end up curses. True story.

denverYooper
11-12-2009, 11:40 AM
When are GMs and fans everywhere going to learn?

You. Don't. Trade. The. Face. Of. The. Franchise.

Curse of the Saltan of Swat

Curse of the Titan of Touchdown

Curse of his Airness (mostly forced him out, not a trade).

Take care of your superstars and they will take care of you. If you don't, your team will end up curses. True story.

The Sultan of Swat analogy might be more appropriate if they let Aaron Rodgers walk and he went on to put up HOF numbers for 10 years with the Vikings. Babe Ruth was sold to the Yankees after 5 pretty good though not special years with the Sox and then went on to truly forge his legend.