PDA

View Full Version : Research Question: Rodgers Quote?

pbmax
11-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Some mook looking for trouble today said he watched the NFL Network this weekend and heard the highlight show discussing "the fact that Aaron Rodgers has stated that he will not throw the ball away because it will negatively impact his QB rating".

I resisted the urge to tie him to a chair and force him to find this quote online. It was a delivery guy and we needed something delivered. Even if a Viking fan had to be the driver. I think the package will get to its destination but fail to accomplish its ultimate goal (see what I did there?). I don't think it was Rastak.

So after a failed search myself, I ask you, gentlerats: Did you hear this discussion or have you come across this quote from Rodgers?

I have a suspicion that this guy heard a passer rating explanation and liked the fact that completion percentage and sacks would, in a nice and satisfyingly conspiratorial way, explain good offensive stats and a worse than expected W-L record by a young and selfish QB who went Brutus on Caesar.

But I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt before I run them over with their truck. :lol:

denverYooper
11-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Did you ask him if he posted at packerrats?

The only thing even close to this I can recall is Rodgers saying pretty early in the season that he wouldn't change how he played. My guess: it's a conflation of that statement, the fact that Rodgers has a high rating, and GB's record.

Even if that was Rodgers's MO (and this is a humongous stretch), he's much too media savvy to float that soundbite out there. But I'll probably look around.

3irty1
11-12-2009, 10:39 AM
This sounds like something we'd have all heard about if it were true.

rbaloha1
11-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Loves to the #1 qb rating too much.

Partial
11-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Aaron is well-coached on media speak and a very good teammate. No way would he do something like that.

hoosier
11-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Although Rodgers is a good QB, his rating can be misleading since he would rather hold on and take a sack than throw the ball away for an incompletion. That will push up his sack total but keep his QB rating much higher.

I think I found the quote you are looking for. Actually it's not a quote but a paraphrase. Or an interpretation. By one of our resident trolls. A friendly troll, but a troll nonetheless. (Agree with the previous poster who said that your delivery man was probably conflating Rodgers's statement about not changing the way he plays with some yahoo who starts an "Aaron Rodgers sucks" page on Facebook.

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=19183&sid=4987b751c143223dfa8987a7239237af

GrnBay007
11-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Just going on memory. Wasn't there an article posted where AR was asked about the sacks and made a comment about having only (so many ?) interceptions. It seemed to almost be justifying the sacks....could this be where that comment came from?

Patler
11-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Some mook looking for trouble today said he watched the NFL Network this weekend and heard the highlight show discussing "the fact that Aaron Rodgers has stated that he will not throw the ball away because it will negatively impact his QB rating".

I resisted the urge to tie him to a chair and force him to find this quote online. It was a delivery guy and we needed something delivered. Even if a Viking fan had to be the driver. I think the package will get to its destination but fail to accomplish its ultimate goal (see what I did there?). I don't think it was Rastak.

So after a failed search myself, I ask you, gentlerats: Did you hear this discussion or have you come across this quote from Rodgers?

I have a suspicion that this guy heard a passer rating explanation and liked the fact that completion percentage and sacks would, in a nice and satisfyingly conspiratorial way, explain good offensive stats and a worse than expected W-L record by a young and selfish QB who went Brutus on Caesar.

But I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt before I run them over with their truck. :lol:

This makes no sense. Aaron Rodgers is a very bright guy, too smart to say that. He would realize that a few more incompletions would have only a little impact on his QB rating, not a big impact. In fact, even if he had thrown the ball away 20 times, to reduce his sacks total to 17, his QB rating only drops about 6 points. I think 20 is more than he could/should have avoided, especially since he can pickup yardage running. He will always have a few more sacks because he will try to run and get tripped up for a sack.

MJZiggy
11-12-2009, 04:26 PM
By the way, have we found Ras yet?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Ty has lost respect for PB.

Shoulda denied receiving the delivery. Shoulda called the store and let them know that their representative's football opinions should be kept to themselves and you found them highly offensive.

Ty woulda demanded a HUGE discout or told them you were taking your business elsewhere....to a more packer friendly business!