PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night Football

Zool
11-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Anyone else watching this thing? The play by play was some dude and Millen and its now broken. Millen apparently can't even talk about football correctly?

Freak Out
11-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Anyone else watching this thing? The play by play was some dude and Millen and its now broken. Millen apparently can't even talk about football correctly?

I have it on the radio with Randy Cross.......Millen makes Randy Cross sound like Stephen Hawking.

Zool
11-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Alex Smith holds the ball too long.

pbmax
11-12-2009, 08:21 PM
I think its Bob Papa doing play by play with Millen.

retailguy
11-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Alex Smith holds the ball too long.

that seems to be a common complaint this year. How is the 49ers OL playing? (I am not watching...)

MJZiggy
11-12-2009, 08:33 PM
I don't know yet, Zool. I just got home only to see Cutler trying really hard to cough up the ball.

Partial
11-12-2009, 08:38 PM
What channel is this game on? 30 rock is on NBC. Is this on NFL Network?

Brando19
11-12-2009, 08:42 PM
It's on the NFL Network. Does anyone have a link online cuz i don't get that channel?

retailguy
11-12-2009, 08:46 PM
It's on the NFL Network. Does anyone have a link online cuz i don't get that channel?

If you use/install Stream Torrent, this should work for you.

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/nfl-cfl-afl/46430-streaming-thread-2009-nfl-season-week-10-a.html

Brando19
11-12-2009, 08:47 PM

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/nfl-cfl-afl/46430-streaming-thread-2009-nfl-season-week-10-a.html

Thank you soooooo much!

retailguy
11-12-2009, 08:48 PM

Thank you soooooo much!

See my PM for my address. Mail me a big check and we'll call it even.

Partial
11-12-2009, 08:50 PM
http://channelsurfing.net/

MJZiggy
11-12-2009, 09:04 PM
He did it!! Cutler's been working so hard at getting picked off...I'm glad he found some success.

retailguy
11-12-2009, 09:06 PM
He did it!! Cutler's been working so hard at getting picked off...I'm glad he found some success.

I'll be very satisfied when "Cutler" is listed by Websters & Roget's as a synonym for "Grossman". :twisted:

Partial
11-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Cutler is a good QB he just doesn't have the receivers. I think I'd still like him over ARod. His #1 would be #5 on the Pack when healthy.

MJZiggy
11-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Ok, my bad. The official ran into the receiver. And a penalty negates a pick....

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Cutler is a good QB he just doesn't have the receivers. I think I'd still like him over ARod. His #1 would be #5 on the Pack when healthy.

Cutler had a losing record in Denver. He's not a winner.

The Shadow
11-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Cutler is just not impressive. Silly mistakes kill you.

Partial
11-12-2009, 09:26 PM

See but I think he is a winner.

retailguy
11-12-2009, 09:28 PM
See but I think he is a winner.

But, I think you're wrong. And the statistics agree with me. His hot head temper will prevent him from ever being a winner.

packers11
11-12-2009, 09:29 PM

How bout in Denver? He had arguably a top 5-10 receiving corps...

Partial your so biased, I bet you pray to god at night for A-Rod to fail because god for bid he does good your going to be pretty screwed... Its his 2nd year and you give the guy no chance.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 09:33 PM

Brian Urlacher thinks he's a pussy.

Partial
11-12-2009, 09:33 PM

Partial your so biased, I bet you pray to god at night for A-Rod to fail because god for bid he does good your going to be pretty screwed... Its his 2nd year and you give the guy no chance.

It's his 5th year. Is a guy not a vet if he sits for 12 years before he plays?

Cutler had success last year going 8-4 until the team fell apart and he was partially to blame for that. He has had his ups and downs. Aaron finally has eclipsed the 8 win mark this year... Last year they beat Atlanta, the Jets, SD.. They beat some good teams.

He has been in the league less time than ARod, is in a new offensive system, and has WAY less talent around him.

MJZiggy
11-12-2009, 09:35 PM
So then you think TT's doing a good job...

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 09:35 PM

Cutler had success last year going 8-4 until the team fell apart and he was partially to blame for that. He has had his ups and downs. Aaron finally has eclipsed the 8 win mark this year... Last year they beat Atlanta, the Jets, SD.. They beat some good teams.

He has been in the league less time than ARod, is in a new offensive system, and has WAY less talent around him.

Cutler is older than Rodgers.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Cutler had success last year going 8-4 until the team fell apart and he was partially to blame for that.

You mean Cutler didn't single-handedly tank the Bronco season?

MJZiggy
11-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Wait I thought all losses were on the QB. He should have found a way to win those games. Good QBs do that.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Wait I thought all losses were on the QB. He should have found a way to win those games. Good QBs do that.

Aaron was single-handedly responsible for the loss to the Bucs, but Jay Cutler was partially responsible for the Broncos fading down the stretch. It all makes perfect sense.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Cutler's got 4 picks??????

I thought the Packer game was just a one time occurrence for him.

:lol:

BallHawk
11-12-2009, 09:48 PM
This thread has proved to be that if you throw too many opinions at the wall, eventually they'll all come back and be used against you. You can't win. :lol:

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 09:50 PM
This thread has proved to be that if you throw too many opinions at the wall, eventually they'll all come back and be used against you. You can't win. :lol:

You can win easily enough - if you apply any kind of consistent logic at all.

The Shadow
11-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Gee : Cutler seems like a cannon-armed guy with questionable judgment.Sometimes he looks great, and sometimes he pees down his leg.

We have no familiarity with that at all.

red
11-12-2009, 10:01 PM
looks like the problem is with the bears not the qb's they keep bringing in and getting rid of

lovie has no control over cutler

Zool
11-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Cutler should hold the ball longer

red
11-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Gee : Cutler seems like a cannon-armed guy with questionable judgment.Sometimes he looks great, and sometimes he pees down his leg.

hmm, driving his team late for the win and throws an int. his 5th one

MJZiggy
11-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Yes, I can see how he's a much better QB than Rodgers. He just has "it."

I like Singletary.

Scott Campbell
Like I said, I think they gave up too much to get Cutler. :lol:

packers11
Partial your boy just threw his 5th INT driving down the field... It wasn't his fault though, the sun was in his eyes. :roll:

The Shadow
11-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Partial your boy just threw his 5th INT driving down the field... It wasn't his fault though, the sun was in his eyes. :roll:

Um.... are you sure his receiver didn't run the wrong way?

Scott Campbell
I think he was only partially responsible for that pick.

ThunderDan

hmm, driving his team late for the win and throws an int. his 5th one

But he is a winner and has "It"

Chicago has a worse record and hasn't played the Vikings yet. But of course it isn't Cutler's fault. He's awesome.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 10:28 PM
What in the name of Peter Tom Willis has Jerry Angelo done?

ThunderDan
11-12-2009, 10:29 PM
What in the name of Peter Tom Willis has Jerry Angelo done?

What a knob trading for a QB who can't win. Two first round picks. Fire him now.

Sparkey
11-12-2009, 10:29 PM

Yeah, 5 picks. Twice in the red zone. Definitely take Cutler over Rodgers.

BTW, Cutler 46 career starts after his dreadful performance tonight and Rodgers with 24 career starts. But, hey, they are pretty much the same in experience...right Partial ? :roll:

red
11-12-2009, 10:30 PM

Um.... are you sure his receiver didn't run the wrong way?

that was a busted play where the receivers were just running around trying to get open at that point.

olson had already stopped and took a step or two towards the sideline when cutler threw right at the goal post.

bad throw all the way

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 10:31 PM
14 TD's
17 Int's

That's just gross man.

packers11
11-12-2009, 10:32 PM
14 TD's
17 Int's

That's just gross man.

haha I love it... I do miss sexy wrexy... Although cutler's face expressions after each INT are pretty entertaining...

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 10:33 PM
33.6 QB rating tonight. Very satisfying.

Partial
11-12-2009, 10:35 PM

BTW, Cutler 46 career starts after his dreadful performance tonight and Rodgers with 24 career starts. But, hey, they are pretty much the same in experience...right Partial ? :roll:

When Rodgers starts beating quality teams... then we'll talk... until then, neither have looked particularly good this year. A very good buddy of mine thinks Cutler looks like Favre from 1993 with less talent around him. I trust this guy a lot.

BTW, why are you such a condescending asshole? Do you take pride in being a prick? When do I ever respond to you? You're a nobody to me, sorry to say. Please don't respond to my posts anymore if you cannot control yourself.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Maybe they could trade Cutler, 2 first rounders and a 3rd rounder back to Denver for Kyle Orton.

ThunderDan
11-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Maybe they could trade Cutler, 2 first rounders and a 3rd rounder back to Denver for Kyle Orton.

Orton's a winner. Give up two 1st for a PROVEN winning QB.

The Shadow
11-12-2009, 10:38 PM
O'Bradovich & Buffone are on their radio show ripping Cutler a new one.
Simply hilarious!

g4orce
Cutler will be fine for the Bears... it just may no happen this year. They have many problems on their team.

Very similar situation in Green Bay actually, except I am one who thinks Cutler is better, talent wise.

channtheman

When Rodgers starts beating quality teams... then we'll talk... until then, neither have looked particularly good this year. A very good buddy of mine thinks Cutler looks like Favre from 1993 with less talent around him. I trust this guy a lot.

BTW, why are you such a condescending asshole? Do you take pride in being a prick? When do I ever respond to you? You're a nobody to me, sorry to say. Please don't respond to my posts anymore if you cannot control yourself.

Hey dummy, if you find his posts offensive just ignore them! The fact that you need an ignore feature to do that says a lot about your self control.

The Shadow
11-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Cutler will be fine for the Bears... it just may no happen this year. They have many problems on their team.

Very similar situation in Green Bay actually, except I am one who thinks Cutler is better, talent wise.

14-17????

Partial
11-12-2009, 10:40 PM

Hey dummy, if you find his posts offensive just ignore them! The fact that you need an ignore feature to do that says a lot about your self control.

I don't claim to have self control. I'm hyper competitive. I cannot not win so I do need a button.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Cutler will be fine for the Bears...

If you're a Packer fan maybe.

We need Cutler to play well enough to keep from getting benched or cut.

ThunderDan
11-12-2009, 10:42 PM

Except the Bears are in tough shape without a 1st round draft pick next year. A ton of holes and fewer picks to fill them.

g4orce
11-12-2009, 10:42 PM

14-17????

How many did Favre throw in a few seasons? Those INT's are coming from no running game and not much else around him. Cutler will be fine in the long run.

Sparkey
11-12-2009, 10:44 PM

Aghhh, only certain opinions count ? I get it. Touche! :lol:

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 10:45 PM
So lemme see if I've got this straight. Cutler throws 5 picks and scores 6 points all game, and he looks like Brett Favre circa 1993. He's got winner written all over him. Aaron Rodgers scores 3 TD's, stakes his team to a 11 point 4th quarter lead, and he single-handedly lost the game.

channtheman
11-12-2009, 10:46 PM
So lemme see if I've got this straight. Cutler throws 5 picks and scores 6 points all game, and he looks like Brett Favre circa 1993. He's got winner written all over him. Aaron Rodgers scores 3 TD's, stakes his team to a 11 point 4th quarter lead, and he single-handedly lost the game.

Yes.

Partial
11-12-2009, 10:47 PM

Cutler lost the game tonight.

Brett Favre lost plenty of games.

Both have single-handedly won games.

Rodgers doesn't like to do either, but by not taking any chances to win the game, he often loses them. Last week he flat out was awful and lost the game.

Give me the gunslinger over the game manager any day. Just my opinion. Worth what it costs.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 10:47 PM
I wonder what Cutler will say in his post game presser. It's possible that he could change before our very eyes.

Freak Out
11-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Did somebody actually compare Cutlet to a young Favre? That's completely wack.

Partial
11-12-2009, 10:49 PM

No, but you only comment to be an asshole. You never contribute anything productive. Certainly not when quoting me. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Remember that PM you sent me recently? You should practice what you preach.

Bretsky
11-12-2009, 10:49 PM

Cutler is overrated as a QB because of his arm. He's not a good leader and a piss poor decision maker. I think you are nuts for wanting him.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 10:50 PM

Maybe we could tally up the number of "we's" and "I's" he uses in the post game and confirm that ratio is appropriate to accepting complete and total responsibility for what happened out there tonight.

Partial
11-12-2009, 10:50 PM

Why? Knack for the big play, ability to win games, legendary arm, risk taker, etc. Cutler was a pro bowl player and a game changer in Denver. He had some receivers to throw to, though. This year he has nothing.

Fortunately for Packer fans and unfortunately for me, they don't have many options to acquire players to fortify their offense.

Partial
11-12-2009, 10:52 PM

Cutler is overrated as a QB because of his arm. He's not a good leader and a piss poor decision maker. I think you are nuts for wanting him.

He may be a much better leader than we think. Publicly, I agree he comes off as a total douche. Everything I've heard about him from teammates is solid, though, so we really don't know.

He looks like he needs to get in shape. He looks fluffy for a QB, like Aaron of two years ago.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 10:52 PM

Rodgers doesn't like to do either, but by not taking any chances to win the game, he often loses them. Last week he flat out was awful and lost the game.

Give me the gunslinger over the game manager any day. Just my opinion. Worth what it costs.

I don't think you apply your evaluation criteria equally.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 10:53 PM

Why? Knack for the big play, ability to win games, legendary arm, risk taker, etc. Cutler was a pro bowl player and a game changer in Denver. He had some receivers to throw to, though. This year he has nothing.

Fortunately for Packer fans and unfortunately for me, they don't have many options to acquire players to fortify their offense.

Are you a Bear fan now too?

Partial
11-12-2009, 10:54 PM

I don't think you apply your evaluation criteria equally.

What part of it do you disagree with? Like I said, Rodgers hasn't won a big game. once he wins a couple of big games I will give him some credit. I've acknowledged every time he has played well and every time he has played poorly.

I'm the fair one. Some of you are not.

Scott,

I certainly don't support the Packers anymore. This forum has turned me off to them. I don't support any one team. I just like players and to be entertained. Typically root for whoever is losing.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Like I said, Rodgers hasn't won a big game.

Not true. Our opener against our biggest rival is a big game.

Sparkey
11-12-2009, 10:56 PM

No, but you only comment to be an asshole. You never contribute anything productive. Certainly not when quoting me. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Remember that PM you sent me recently? You should practice what you preach.

I think I actually posted stats of career NFL starts after you inferred that their experience was equal. Then rolled my eyes.....

Just in case you missed it, I bolded it for you.

:P

Freak Out
11-12-2009, 10:57 PM

Cutler is proving to be an idiot in this case because field goals win that game tonight. He showed he can throw and did....but he made some huge mistakes that cost them the game.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 10:58 PM
I believe Jay Cutler hasn't had a winning season since high school, and he took a big step towards keeping that streak intact tonight.

But the kid's a winner.

Bretsky
11-12-2009, 11:00 PM

I haven't looked at the Bears as our biggest rival in a long long time. They've just sucked for too long. The Denny Green Years...Moss...now..to me the Vikes are the biggest rival and have been for about the past 10 years since we owned the Bears so badly

Partial
11-12-2009, 11:01 PM

He played pretty bad that game, but I gave him credit for FINALLY stepping up and winning a big game. I was impressed with that. Gotta do it more often and the credit will keep coming.

That said, you're fooling yourself if you think they're A) our biggest rival now and B) that was his biggest game. He got out classed in the two biggest games of the year.

Still, credit for the big win against Chicago. If he can pull off another one this weekend that would be solid.

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 11:02 PM

I haven't looked at the Bears as our biggest rival in a long long time. They've just sucked for too long. The Denny Green Years...Moss...now..to me the Vikes are the biggest rival and have been for about the past 10 years since we owned the Bears so badly

The Bears recently went to the Superbowl, so I don't think they've sucked for too long. And Lovie's got the best of the Packers in his tenure.

Partial
11-12-2009, 11:03 PM

Cutler is proving to be an idiot in this case because field goals win that game tonight. He showed he can throw and did....but he made some huge mistakes that cost them the game.

Agreed 100% in the case of tonight. Get him a Sterling Sharpe and he'll be very good.

Sparkey
11-12-2009, 11:04 PM

Look past their stats. Cutler's demeanor on the field is terrible. Every time he throws a pick, he hangs his head, then looks around like "what else can I do?" Now, I know this is subjective and my opinion, but I believe he is a me first player and I believe that opinion is shared by many others and also is part of the reason Denver was willing to get ride of him. He is not a leader. He has never had a winning team, college or pros.

Cheesehead Craig
11-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Wow, that was a humungous meltdown by Cutler. Single-handedly lost that game.

Seems he was overrated as many here believed. He may have just fell to 4th best QB in the division.

Bretsky
11-12-2009, 11:05 PM

The Bears recently went to the Superbowl, so I don't think they've sucked for too long. And Lovie's got the best of the Packers in his tenure.

Wasn't there a stread where Green Bay defeated the Bears nearly 16 of 18 games before Lovie ? I think they even beat them when da Bears went to the Super Bowl. In my eyes the rivalry has been lost; may be wrong. If I had to pick I'd take two wins over the Vikes and two losses to the Bears if I had to choose

Bretsky
11-12-2009, 11:07 PM

Agreed 100% in the case of tonight. Get him a Sterling Sharpe and he'll be very good.

He doesn't make anybody on that team any better than they are. He's the 3rd best QB in the division and right now a solid step behind the second best in Rodgers

pbmax
11-12-2009, 11:12 PM

Give me the gunslinger over the game manager any day.
Rodger's deep, pinpoint throw to Jennings' meathooks (against double coverage) that the receiver dropped called. It wants to talk to you about football being a team game.

pbmax
11-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Like I said, Rodgers hasn't won a big game. once he wins a couple of big games I will give him some credit.

He played pretty bad that game, but I gave him credit for FINALLY stepping up and winning a big game.

Just decide on an opinion and stick with it. Don't worry about re-justifying it everytime someone posts a contrary opinion.

mraynrand
11-12-2009, 11:42 PM

Give me the gunslinger over the game manager any day.
Rodger's deep, pinpoint throw to Jennings' meathooks (against double coverage) that the receiver dropped called. It wants to talk to you about football being a team game.

That was a great throw and the bozo former bear criticized it. Yes, it probably shouldn't have been thrown into coverage, but it was a perfect pass.

WiscySports
11-13-2009, 12:00 AM

You couldn't be more wrong. Look at the three "big" games this year. All were primetime games (Sunday, Monday, Thursday nights). I am convinced Cutler can't handle the spotlight and pressure that comes from a big game.

Green Bay - 1TD/4INT, 43 Rating, 21-15 L
Atlanta - 2TD/2INT, 79 Rating, 21-14 L
San Fran - 0TD/5INT, 33 Rating, 10-6 L
Combined - 3TD/11INT, 49 Rating, 0-3 Record

So how exactly does that prove he wins big games?

Stats, record, whatever you want to look at, he is horrible.

On average, his defense allowed 17 points. But, the offense only scored 12 points on average. He really let the defense down in all three games.

He has never played a playoff game. He blew a 3 game lead with 3 games left last year. Yep, big game player. Where do you even come up with this stuff?

Maybe the Bears should have traded up for Crabtree rather than waste the picks on Cutler...

TennesseePackerBacker
11-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Petition to change Partial's name to Hypocrite.

Bretsky
11-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Lots of people in here could IMO take courtesy lessons from pbmax on how to disagree with somebody in a classy matter instead of being jerks about it

Partial
11-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Like I said, Rodgers hasn't won a big game. once he wins a couple of big games I will give him some credit.

He played pretty bad that game, but I gave him credit for FINALLY stepping up and winning a big game.

Just decide on an opinion and stick with it. Don't worry about re-justifying it everytime someone posts a contrary opinion.

Personally I don't think the Bears game was a "huge" game. It was big, in the sense that it wasn't small. It was the first game of the season and divisional game, so that adds a bit to it, but it wasn't a huge game in the way of an upset or anything like that.

I consider a home game a game he should win. Maybe not if it's against the Colts, Pats, etc. But against the Bears? Yeah, you should beat the Bears at home.

Wiscy, Cutler is having a down year. He doesn't have anyone helping him at all. Rodgers talent surrounding him is much, much better at receiver imo. Their #1 is our #5.

@ Seattle is a big game as they are one of the best home teams in the league. Remember the 12th man? Tough place to play and he went in and beat them.

He also beat Pittsburgh.

Those are two tough games right there, which are games the Packers have not yet won with Rodgers. Will they ever? Time will tell.

Cutler is having a down year, no doubt. He has fantastic physical tools. Rodgers is probably a better runner but Cutler has a better arm. Rodgers looks to be in much better shape now, as Cutler look fluffy. I think the Bears will have a hard time getting talent around Cutler the next couple of years. They're entering a rebuilding phase. We have more talent but are in that awkward should-we-compete-should-we-rebuild phase.

One thing I'm not sure about is if it was smart to find their QB at the start of their rebuilding. Say it takes them three years to put a super bowl team around Cutler, he's almost 30 and with diabetes he could very well be out of the league by then. Time will tell. They're certainly better off with Cutler now than they would be without, but all that is doing is putting you closer to average and further away from the superstars at the top of the draft. From a rebuilding perspective I'm not sure that's a wise move, but then again there are no guarantees in any of this.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Lots of people in here could IMO take courtesy lessons from pbmax on how to disagree with somebody in a classy matter instead of being jerks about it

The truth hurts. The world needs jerks occasionally. There are already more than enough whiney vagina's in it. If being honest is classless then I'm one huge asshole.

WiscySports
11-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Fair enough. Hester certainly didn't help Cutler at all tonight. That was probably his worst game as a WR from what I have watched.

Regarding big games, I was going by nationally televised games. Those are pressure games. With that said, Cutler beat Seattle when they were missing 8 starters. And still only won because Mare missed 2 short fieldgoals. He also beat Pitt without Polamalu. And again, won that game because the kicker missed 2 easy fieldgoals.

In my opinion, the Bears have been very lucky about playing teams when they are missing good players. Of course they will be full strength when we play them.

Freak Out
11-13-2009, 12:34 AM

Sage advice from our caramel loving friend.

Partial
11-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Fair enough. Hester certainly didn't help Cutler at all tonight. That was probably his worst game as a WR from what I have watched.

Regarding big games, I was going by nationally televised games. Those are pressure games. With that said, Cutler beat Seattle when they were missing 8 starters. And still only won because Mare missed 2 short fieldgoals. He also beat Pitt without Polamalu. And again, won that game because the kicker missed 2 easy fieldgoals.

In my opinion, the Bears have been very lucky about playing teams when they are missing good players. Of course they will be full strength when we play them.

Bears suck this year. They definitely look like the third best team in the division from the limited time I've watched them.

Bretsky
11-13-2009, 12:41 AM

Sage advice from our caramel loving friend.

Dang, I could go for some serious caramel tonight :!: :lol:

Bossman641
11-13-2009, 12:42 AM
@ Seattle is a big game as they are one of the best home teams in the league. Remember the 12th man? Tough place to play and he went in and beat them.

He also beat Pittsburgh.

Those are two tough games right there, which are games the Packers have not yet won with Rodgers. Will they ever? Time will tell.

Week 6 last year the Packers won at..........wait for it........Seattle.

Sure, the Seahawks started Frye at QB, but if Cutler gets credit for a "big" win over a Seattle team missing 8 starters then I don't see why Rodgers wouldn't get the same credit.

Patler
11-13-2009, 04:04 AM

He played pretty bad that game, but I gave him credit for FINALLY stepping up and winning a big game. I was impressed with that. Gotta do it more often and the credit will keep coming.

That said, you're fooling yourself if you think they're A) our biggest rival now and B) that was his biggest game. He got out classed in the two biggest games of the year.

Still, credit for the big win against Chicago. If he can pull off another one this weekend that would be solid.

I will assume the "two biggest games" you referred to are the Viking games. I have to disagree with the "outclassed" characterization. When a QB goes:
26/37 for 384 with 2 TDs and 1 INT for a rating of 110.6; and
26/41 for 287 with 3 TDs and 0 INTs for a rating of 108.5
he is not "out classed" regardless of the numbers put up by the opposing QB.

Their combined #s for the two games:

A.R. - 52/78 for 671 yards, 5 TDs and 1 interception.
B.F. - 41/59 for 515 yards, 7 TDs and 0 interceptions.

The Packer team was outclassed by MN. Rodgers was not outclassed by Favre.

Scott Campbell
11-13-2009, 07:47 AM
Jay Cutler (thru 9 games)
Rank 24
Rating 76
TD's 14
Int's 17
Yards 2353
Pct. 62.4%
Sacks 19

Aaron Rodgers (thru 8 games)
Rank 5
Rating 103.3
TD's 16
Int's 5
Yards 2255
Pct. 64.1%
Sacks 37

Cutler is ranked behind Jason Campbell, Shaun Hill, Seneca Wallace and Chad Henne - all who may not be good enough to start next year.

I'd be hoping for a lot more if I had given up 2 first rounders, a 3rd rounder and the guy (Orton) ranked 10 spots higher than him to get this so called franchise QB.

Fritz
11-13-2009, 07:50 AM

14-17????

How many did Favre throw in a few seasons? Those INT's are coming from no running game and not much else around him. Cutler will be fine in the long run.

How long of a run would you like to give him to be fine?

Sparkey
11-13-2009, 07:53 AM
Jay Cutler (thru 9 games)
Rank 24
Rating 76
TD's 14
Int's 17
Yards 2353
Pct. 62.4%
Sacks 19

Aaron Rodgers (thru 8 games)
Rank 5
Rating 103.3
TD's 16
Int's 5
Yards 2255
Pct. 64.1%
Sacks 37

Cutler is ranked behind Jason Campbell, Shaun Hill, Seneca Wallace and Chad Henne - all who may not be good enough to start next year.

I'd be hoping for a lot more if I had given up 2 first rounders, a 3rd rounder and the guy (Orton) ranked 10 spots higher than him to get this so called franchise QB.

Fixed

Fritz
11-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Wow. Them's some numbers!

Scott Campbell
11-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Scott,

I certainly don't support the Packers anymore. This forum has turned me off to them. I don't support any one team. I just like players and to be entertained. Typically root for whoever is losing.

P,

That's unfortunate. While you'd never concede an argument, you have conceded your allegiance.

I'd much rather see you as a Packer fan.

You haven't been posting as a Packer fan for a while, and perhaps that partially explains the reaction to your posts.

Scott Campbell
11-13-2009, 08:08 AM
With a 4 pick lead over Jake Delhomme, Jay has a real opportunity to lead the league in INT's this year. It must be the water in Chicago.

Cheesehead Craig
11-13-2009, 10:25 AM
With a 4 pick lead over Jake Delhomme, Jay has a real opportunity to lead the league in INT's this year. It must be the water in Chicago.
The way he's playing, he's probably drinking it straight from the river.

denverYooper
11-13-2009, 10:25 AM
The Denver sportscasters are having a blast with Cutler's struggles. It's too bad for him he had to jerk his way out of Denver because McDaniels might have been able to coach him up some.

You also have to consider that he doesn't have Marshall and Stokely (and Scheffler) to throw to. Part of Cutler's game is that he leans on the receivers to make plays; those guys were able to do that. I'm not sure Chicago has that in their receiving corps. They have Olsen, who is a big target and a good receiving TE -- Scheffler was that guy in Denver. They don't have anyone with the physicality of Marshall who will take INTs away, and they don't have anyone with the awareness of Stokely, who is not a marquee guy but is very good at making adjustments on challenging throws.

I think the best thing Chicago could do for Cutler is draft a physical receiver with a Marshall-esque skill set. He needs that guy who he can trust to win on the ball. Right now he has Olsen, but he really needs another big option. He'll still have some bad games, but some of those questionable throws won't turn into INTs.

g4orce
11-13-2009, 10:32 AM
I wonder what Cutler will say in his post game presser. It's possible that he could change before our very eyes.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293/k2tool911/Douche.jpg

Scott Campbell
11-13-2009, 12:38 PM

g4orce
11-13-2009, 12:39 PM

All in good fun!

Bossman641
11-13-2009, 12:46 PM
"I have to apologize to the defense, and the offense as a whole has to apologize," a humbled Cutler said after throwing a career-high five interceptions.

What does he mean THE OFFENSE? Shouldn't he have just apologized for himself? Way to throw everybody else under the bus as well. :lol:

WiscySports
11-13-2009, 12:59 PM
"I have to apologize to the defense, and the offense as a whole has to apologize," a humbled Cutler said after throwing a career-high five interceptions.

What does he mean THE OFFENSE? Shouldn't he have just apologized for himself? Way to throw everybody else under the bus as well. :lol:

Well, it might be fairly true, but it is not what he should say, and it speaks to what kind of person and teammate he is. That old offensive line is finally starting to wear down. How many times did Kreutz snap it in the dirt? His receivers ran wrong routes, and Forte is nonexistant in the running game. The only thing that worked was screens and dump offs to Forte. But, he needs to take responsibility for a loss. Remember he threw Hester under the bus before the season even started. Plus, at least three of the INTs were completely on him last night.

Partial, I would love to know what you see in him to suggest he is a winner. You claim he has all the tangibles/intangibles. Sure, he has a strong arm, but that is it. And like you have said before in typical disrespect to ARod, many QBs have had a good skill set and amount to nothing. He is a horrible person and I think it is pretty evident. I would have no confidence in him if I was on that team. Please enlighten.

The Shadow
11-13-2009, 05:11 PM

Wasn't there a stread where Green Bay defeated the Bears nearly 16 of 18 games before Lovie ? I think they even beat them when da Bears went to the Super Bowl. In my eyes the rivalry has been lost; may be wrong. If I had to pick I'd take two wins over the Vikes and two losses to the Bears if I had to choose

I'd be just the opposite. The Vikings have just never meant all that much to me. Just 2 games on the schedule.
On the other hand, Bear games mean the world to me; I'd rather beat them - by far! - than any other team in the NFL.

Bretsky
11-13-2009, 05:41 PM

I'd be just the opposite. The Vikings have just never meant all that much to me. Just 2 games on the schedule.
On the other hand, Bear games mean the world to me; I'd rather beat them - by far! - than any other team in the NFL.

Yes, and I think I would as well if I lived in Bear Country (I think you had noted you do). Hey, don't you ever check your private messages ? I actually sent a PM apologizing for the brashness of one of my posts when you started up a thread I didn't much care for.........I think it's from about six weeks ago and still in my outbox so you never read it.

Cheers,
B

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2009, 06:42 PM

Well, it might be fairly true, but it is not what he should say, and it speaks to what kind of person and teammate he is. That old offensive line is finally starting to wear down. How many times did Kreutz snap it in the dirt? His receivers ran wrong routes, and Forte is nonexistant in the running game. The only thing that worked was screens and dump offs to Forte. But, he needs to take responsibility for a loss. Remember he threw Hester under the bus before the season even started. Plus, at least three of the INTs were completely on him last night.

Partial, I would love to know what you see in him to suggest he is a winner. You claim he has all the tangibles/intangibles. Sure, he has a strong arm, but that is it. And like you have said before in typical disrespect to ARod, many QBs have had a good skill set and amount to nothing. He is a horrible person and I think it is pretty evident. I would have no confidence in him if I was on that team. Please enlighten.

GREAT avatar

The Shadow
11-13-2009, 08:25 PM

Yes, and I think I would as well if I lived in Bear Country (I think you had noted you do). Hey, don't you ever check your private messages ? I actually sent a PM apologizing for the brashness of one of my posts when you started up a thread I didn't much care for.........I think it's from about six weeks ago and still in my outbox so you never read it.

Cheers,
B

Sorry, Bretsky - we elderly often forget things. I have taken care of it. Sorry about the delay.

Bretsky
11-13-2009, 09:17 PM

Cheers,
B

Sorry, Bretsky - we elderly often forget things. I have taken care of it. Sorry about the delay.

no problem at all Shadow; have a great weekend !!

Partial
11-14-2009, 04:56 PM

Bossman, his OL is worse than the Packers imo and he doesn't have any receivers. He has a bottom five offensive cast around him. Certainly doesn't help that Forte isn't playing like he did as a Rook. He made some dumb throws but as we saw from Favre 2005 it's a very easy thing to do when you're chucking to Taco Wallace and Antuan Chatman.

Cutler punched the ball in to end the game against the Steelers. He gets mad props for showing up and beating a great team. ARod will too, once he does it.. if he ever does do it.

Calling him a horrible person seems completely out of line and over the top. We don't know anything about him as a person. We only know what the media feeds us.

Bossman641
11-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Bossman, his OL is worse than the Packers imo and he doesn't have any receivers. He has a bottom five offensive cast around him. Certainly doesn't help that Forte isn't playing like he did as a Rook. He made some dumb throws but as we saw from Favre 2005 it's a very easy thing to do when you're chucking to Taco Wallace and Antuan Chatman.

Cutler punched the ball in to end the game against the Steelers. He gets mad props for showing up and beating a great team. ARod will too, once he does it.. if he ever does do it.

Calling him a horrible person seems completely out of line and over the top. We don't know anything about him as a person. We only know what the media feeds us.

Their Ol is bad. I won't attempt to argue whose OL is worse, they are both horrible. You also don't need to remind me about their offensive talent. I live in IL and have plenty of Bear fans who just stuck their fingers in their ears when I pointed out to them the huge difference between Marshall, Royal, Scheffler, and a good OL vs Hester, Olsen, etc. All they told me was that Cutler was a pro bowler and would make them better.

You obviously have your preference as to the type of QB you like. I disagree. Just my opinion, but you seem to go out of your way to make excuses for Cutler or other QB's (bad OL, just trying to make a play, bad offensive talent) while at the same time not giving Rodgers the benefit of the doubt for anything.

Regarding his character, I find it strange that the Bronco's were willing to get rid of Cutler as soon as they did. His behavior this offseason was strange and he acted poorly IMO. Their is also just his general body language on the field. This doesn't tell us anything definitive about the type of guy he is, but it doesn't paint him well.