PDA

View Full Version : We may suck but at least we didn't sell the farm for Cutler

BlueBrewer
11-13-2009, 06:41 AM
I can hardly believe how bad he is. I guess I thought it was just a fluke the first game, but he is really not that good. :shock:

Scott Campbell
11-13-2009, 08:21 AM
I can hardly believe how bad he is. I guess I thought it was just a fluke the first game, but he is really not that good. :shock:

While nobody is enjoying his suckiness more than I am, I still think he's got all the tools necessary to play much better than this. My contention all along has been that the Bears gave up way too much for the guy in what should have been seen league wide as a Denver Bronco fire sale.

For whatever reason, the Bears and QB's go together like spicy mustard and chicken noodle soup.

Pugger
11-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Cutler has never won anything of substance in his career. Happily the bares gave up a lot for this guy. :wink: Cutler has a lot of talent but only from the neck down...

Partial
11-13-2009, 09:07 AM
I don't think they gave up that much for him. Two #1's isn't that unreasonable knowing that he can be a top flight QB when there is talent around him.

The error the Bears made in my opinion was trading for him without a supporting cast. They're entering a rebuilding process with a QB and gave up the picks needed to fortify his cast. Bad move.

sharpe1027
11-13-2009, 09:09 AM
I don't think they gave up that much for him. Two #1's isn't that unreasonable knowing that he can be a top flight QB when there is talent around him.

The error the Bears made in my opinion was trading for him without a supporting cast. They're entering a rebuilding process with a QB and gave up the picks needed to fortify his cast. Bad move.

Giving two #1s is going not to help develop a supporting cast. Seems rather circular.

Brandon494
11-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Rememer how some were comparing him to Favre? Please....

Try Jeff George

Scott Campbell
11-13-2009, 04:35 PM

Giving two #1s is going not to help develop a supporting cast. Seems rather circular.

Except they didn't just give up 2 #1's for him. They gave up an additional 3rd rounder and Kyle Orton too. And Orton has been playing better than Cutler in Denver. The trade looks horrific at this point.

sharpe1027
11-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Jay Cutler was fined $20,000 by the NFL for abusive conduct toward a game official.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4651973

The Shadow
11-13-2009, 05:05 PM
It IS possible to have all the physical talent in the world - but just not have the instincts and field-generalship to be a consistent winner.
We should know, better than anyone......

Dabaddestbear
11-13-2009, 05:35 PM

That is the most logical reasoning for opposition for the trade. Not so much what they gave up, but what they have around him, namely a O-line that is in my opinion worse than the Packers. Cutler is getting smacked every play. But I have to admit the kid is tough, cuz I would have cried by now while I was cussing out the O-line. :evil:

Dabaddestbear
11-13-2009, 05:39 PM

Except they didn't just give up 2 #1's for him. They gave up an additional 3rd rounder and Kyle Orton too. And Orton has been playing better than Cutler in Denver. The trade looks horrific at this point.
Still no one in the world would take Orton over Cutler straight up. And have you watched Orton the last couple games? The same thing that happened to him while he was here, once teams find out he cant go deep they play curls and sit on slants and then sack the hell out of him. And dont forget the Bears got Knox with one of those picks that got from Denver. This trade will be measured for years to come, I still like what we got, just dont like what we still dont have, an O-line....and now anything that resembles a running game.

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2009, 05:43 PM
It IS possible to have all the physical talent in the world - but just not have the instincts and field-generalship to be a consistent winner.

Cutler has NO players around him on O

Had he stayed in Den...

duh

denverYooper
11-13-2009, 05:54 PM

Had he stayed in Den...

duh

Denver has a very generous O-line, at least. They make life fairly comfortable for their QBs.

pbmax
11-13-2009, 05:55 PM

Had he stayed in Den...

duh
But I wonder if Sydney Rice was more highly thought of than some of the Bear receivers prior to Favre landing in Minneapolis. It might simply be a match made in heaven, but Favre has completely turned that guy around from a production standpoint.

Neither Cutler or Rodgers are doing this currently (although Rodgers was unlikely to make Driver or Jennings look better than 2007- maybe Finley). But early in his career, Sharpe made Favre look phenomenal. After Sharpe, Favre had to bring along some WRs just as he has done with Rice. All in good time perhaps.

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2009, 06:04 PM

Had he stayed in Den...

duh
But I wonder if Sydney Rice was more highly thought of than some of the Bear receivers prior to Favre landing in Minneapolis. It might simply be a match made in heaven, but Favre has completely turned that guy around from a production standpoint.

Neither Cutler or Rodgers are doing this currently (although Rodgers was unlikely to make Driver or Jennings look better than 2007- maybe Finley). But early in his career, Sharpe made Favre look phenomenal. After Sharpe, Favre had to bring along some WRs just as he has done with Rice. All in good time perhaps.

Good insight pb

Bossman641
11-13-2009, 07:41 PM

Still no one in the world would take Orton over Cutler straight up. And have you watched Orton the last couple games? The same thing that happened to him while he was here, once teams find out he cant go deep they play curls and sit on slants and then sack the hell out of him. And dont forget the Bears got Knox with one of those picks that got from Denver. This trade will be measured for years to come, I still like what we got, just dont like what we still dont have, an O-line....and now anything that resembles a running game.

What do you think is wrong with Forte? Besides the obvious problem of the OL sucking, I've heard complaints from Bear fans that he isn't as explosive and looks like he is carrying extra weight. Is that legit? I hadn't noticed, but I wasn't looking for it either.

SnakeLH2006
11-13-2009, 11:59 PM
Cutler has never won anything of substance in his career. Happily the bares gave up a lot for this guy. :wink: Cutler has a lot of talent but only from the neck down...

Cutler won in HS. Nope......Losing records his entire football career. Major loser in college. Loser in the NFL. Guy looks the bitch always. At least it looks good when he pouts after tossing up 4-5 picks like he does on a semi-weekly basis. Damn Snake can't stand Cutler. At least he doesn't make broad statements how he's got the best arm in the NFL or the best QB Denver EVER saw (and I hated Elway). Nope...he did that too. Good luck Bears. I enjoy seeing my Bear buddies suffer with that ass-clown. Cutler = classless loser with a damn sad pout to boot.

Snake would love to slap Cutler in the mouth given the chance. 2 days in holding for disorderly conduct vs. fame for doing what 90% of NFL fans want to do? Priceless.

MJZiggy
11-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Why slap Cutler in the mouth? His potential is to screw up the bears. Pat him on the back and let him go about his way...

KYPack
11-14-2009, 08:57 AM

Cutler won in HS. Nope......Losing records his entire football career. Major loser in college. Loser in the NFL. Guy looks the bitch always. At least it looks good when he pouts after tossing up 4-5 picks like he does on a semi-weekly basis. Damn Snake can't stand Cutler. At least he doesn't make broad statements how he's got the best arm in the NFL or the best QB Denver EVER saw (and I hated Elway). Nope...he did that too. Good luck Bears. I enjoy seeing my Bear buddies suffer with that ass-clown. Cutler = classless loser with a damn sad pout to boot.

Snake would love to slap Cutler in the mouth given the chance. 2 days in holding for disorderly conduct vs. fame for doing what 90% of NFL fans want to do? Priceless.

Cutler wasn't as good a QB as Jake Plummer in Denver, let alone St John.

Plummer was 42 - 21 as a Denver QB.

Cutler? 17 - 21.

Except for Ed Hoculi, he was 16 - 22!

Scott Campbell
11-14-2009, 09:05 AM
John Hadl comparisons may be premature, but I think of that trade every time Culter throws multiple picks and looks like a bust. So that's been pretty frequent this year.

Fritz
11-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Good call, Scott. That's exactly it - the desperate trade for a marquee QB to turn a franchise around, which instead sets the franchise back maybe a decade.

The only difference is that Hadl had been a top notch quarterback - it's just that he was completely washed up. In Chicago, Cutler is not washed up - he is just, as a few posters have suggested, a lot more Jeff George than Brett Favre.

3irty1
11-14-2009, 09:14 AM
What's really unfair is all the players an already good Denver team is going to get with those picks.

Scott Campbell
11-14-2009, 09:26 AM
From the NFL network - Cutler has thrown more red zone picks in his last 16 games than Tom Brady has in his entire career.

MichiganPackerFan
11-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Cutler is getting smacked every play. But I have to admit the kid is tough, cuz I would have cried by now while I was cussing out the O-line. :evil:

Damn funny!

sharpe1027
11-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Good call, Scott. That's exactly it - the desperate trade for a marquee QB to turn a franchise around, which instead sets the franchise back maybe a decade.

The only difference is that Hadl had been a top notch quarterback - it's just that he was completely washed up. In Chicago, Cutler is not washed up - he is just, as a few posters have suggested, a lot more Jeff George than Brett Favre.

Yeah, almost more in line with H. Walker. The classic, "we're one piece away" mentality that's been proven wrong over and over again. It might work in basketball, where there's only 5 guys on the court, not so much in football.

Don't get me wrong, a key player can really help a team, but no one player can make up for the other 10 guys around him.

denverYooper
11-14-2009, 12:09 PM
What's really unfair is all the players an already good Denver team is going to get with those picks.

That's the Patriot way.

Scott Campbell
11-14-2009, 12:29 PM

Yeah, almost more in line with H. Walker. The classic, "we're one piece away" mentality that's been proven wrong over and over again. It might work in basketball, where there's only 5 guys on the court, not so much in football.

Don't get me wrong, a key player can really help a team, but no one player can make up for the other 10 guys around him.

All those int's would sabotage even the best of teams.

Patler
11-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Cutler won in HS. Nope......Losing records his entire football career. Major loser in college. Loser in the NFL. Guy looks the bitch always.

Now, now....be fair. He was a winning QB in high school. (11–1 as a junior and 15–0 as a senior.) This inability to win is relatively recent, just the last 8 consecutive years or so! :lol:

Heck, I bet he could still lead a good high school team to some wins!

PlantPage55
11-14-2009, 05:43 PM
I don't know why anyone continues to defend Jay Cutler. He's a below average QB. He is. He's never been more than that and you can never convince me of it. The hype train came out of nowhere for this kid and carried him higher than I've ever seen a bad QB carried.

Partial
11-14-2009, 05:45 PM

Disagree I think they're overachieving big time. Then again, they have a good LT, a decent stable o backs, and a decent wideout in Marshall. Who knows.

Fritz
11-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Maybe they are overacheiving, but next year they'll get an extra first rounder so they can be equal-achieving.

retailguy
11-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Cutler won in HS. Nope......Losing records his entire football career. Major loser in college. Loser in the NFL. Guy looks the bitch always.

Now, now....be fair. He was a winning QB in high school. (11–1 as a junior and 15–0 as a senior.) This inability to win is relatively recent, just the last 8 consecutive years or so! :lol:

Heck, I bet he could still lead a good high school team to some wins!

I LOVE JAY CUTLER. He's becoming my "new Rex Grossman". I am thinking I'm going to like him just fine. :twisted:

SnakeLH2006
11-14-2009, 10:57 PM

Disagree I think they're overachieving big time. Then again, they have a good LT, a decent stable o backs, and a decent wideout in Marshall. Who knows.

Aren't you the same guy who lobbied again and again for selling the farm to get Cutler over Arod? How 'dem apples?

Cheesehead Craig
11-15-2009, 12:24 AM
Cutler may not have much of a supporting cast, but he's not doing anything to make them better. Greg Olsen should be his best friend and be just a monster TE this season.

SnakeLH2006
11-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Cutler may not have much of a supporting cast, but he's not doing anything to make them better. Greg Olsen should be his best friend and be just a monster TE this season.

QFT. With all of Cutler's "talent", this guy doesn't maximize his ability or even find a happy medium to make his team better (college or pros). He loses cuz he gets impatient and overthrows.

He's basically a roided out Rex Grossman. Basically, Cutler uses his arm to throw INT's deeper down the field. :D And that's true. It's damn true.

Dabaddestbear
11-15-2009, 01:22 AM

What do you think is wrong with Forte? Besides the obvious problem of the OL sucking, I've heard complaints from Bear fans that he isn't as explosive and looks like he is carrying extra weight. Is that legit? I hadn't noticed, but I wasn't looking for it either.
He does look slower and more hesitant to hit the hole. I havent noticed any extra weight, but he is definitely not the same player as last year.