PDA

View Full Version : Who needs football.....

Dabaddestbear
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
...when the NBA season is here...lol.

Man this season looked so promising not just for the Bears, but the entire NFC North...aside from the Lions. I made numerous statements that the NFC north would be the best and most balanced division (aside from the Lions). The trio of QB's housed in the NFC north would be one to reckon with and feared. For if you face us, you better be prepared to have your defense begging for the scoring to stop.

Fast forward to Today, defenses are licking their chops to play the Bears, Packers (along with the ever prevalent basement dwelling lions).

The Bears, have a O-line that has to only rival the Packers as the worst in the NFL, couple that with a QB that feels like he has to do it all by himself and cannot get out of the INT funk in the redzone. I think he now dreams of Int’s and just wakes up with a smile saying, “Whew, I only threw three!” The running game has greatly regressed from last year, and the defense seems to suffer more than I ever thought it would with the absence of Urlacher. Each week they compete to see which CB can give up the biggest pass play. The winner is given his on personal talk show of fans obscenities on the Chicago sports talk radio stations to be blasted by any fan still drunk from the 85 Bears celebration.

The Packers, O-line is being juggled consistently to try and find some pass protection, with a QB that that holds on to the ball as if it was The Holy Grail and releasing it would signify the doom of all mankind. His confidence in the pocket has been shattered by the blindside hits. A defense that looked promising in the pre-season and in spots during the season, has now became the defense you can get big plays on all day because they have decided to have their best pass rusher dropping back trying to cover WR’s and TE’s. The Sports radio of the Packers are no better, the only difference is they still think the Packers are good, while the Bears fan have admitted in a roar that their team is sucking duck doo doo. The revival of Brett in Viking land has made it no better. Never have I seen NFL fans of one team so openly divided.

The Vikings, the only team in this division that deserves their name mentioned in the same breath as playoffs. They have outperformed the pre-season expectations with the help of Old Man Brett. With the help of the Marlboro Man in the Wranglers, they have run away with the NFC North. With a strong line on both sides of the ball, a QB playing like he deserves strong consideration for MVP, and the top RB in the NFL, THEY ARE WHAT I THOUGHT THE ENTIRE NFC NORTH would be! –(aside from the Lions).
The Lions, no need to waste screen space on the mention of them….
How about those Bucks and Bulls?????!!!!!

pbmax
11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
I knew this was coming. The Bears are just laying in the weeds looking to take the Packers out in Chicago. Its some kind of Lovie Mind Trick.

Scott Campbell
11-13-2009, 02:08 PM
2 first rounders, a 3rd rounder and the guy currently ranked 14th in the NFL - Kyle Orton. Like I said - pretty steep.

As rough as things have been, most people realize we have our franchise QB.

MichiganPackerFan
11-13-2009, 02:28 PM
While exaggerated to demonstrate emphasis, I think you're pretty much right on. However, the lions had hope for improvement this year by move on from the decade of a Millen mistakes. There's still half a season left. Vikings could still topple and the other three could still win some games. Will it happen? Who knows: that's why they play the games!!!!

Dabaddestbear
11-13-2009, 02:34 PM
While exaggerated to demonstrate emphasis, I think you're pretty much right on. However, the lions had hope for improvement this year by move on from the decade of a Millen mistakes. There's still half a season left. Vikings could still topple and the other three could still win some games. Will it happen? Who knows: that's why they play the games!!!!
All things are possible, but its just pretty bleek at the moment. I do think Bears or packers may just sneak into a wild card spot to make the playoffs, but it might not be to fun for them when they get there.

Hey, forget that, My Chicago Bears are going to the SB, and they will win!!!
umm...did that scream of hope feel good? Not really.

MichiganPackerFan
11-13-2009, 02:37 PM
That's the fun and pain of football too. In the preseason, almost everyone has a chance to win. The first half of the season is just a time to shatter fans hopes for at least half the teams.

bobblehead
11-13-2009, 03:18 PM
. a QB that feels like he has to do it all by himself and cannot get out of the INT funk in the redzone. I think he now dreams of Int’s and just wakes up with a smile saying, “Whew, I only threw three!”

I warned all my chicago friends to be careful what they wished for when they got cutler. He in fact is very favre like. He can single handedly win several games a year....and lose several.

denverYooper
11-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Solid post DBB, and the fact that both teams have followed a similar trajectory is something I've been thinking about lately. Good point wrt line play: both teams have good skill players and strong young QBs but both are getting nullified by line play. They just deal with it in different ways (picks v. sacks).

I think Packers fans may seem more positive because the Bears had to play a must win against another potential wildcard hopeful last night. Until Sunday, a fair amount of Packers fans are still clinging to some small hope that GB will wake up and pull one off against Dallas. To me, this is a make or break game for fans and for McCarthy's future here. While some fans have checked out, I think some are at the edge, hoping to have their minds changed Sunday. If they get smoked, the dialog will turn much more dire.

ThunderDan
11-13-2009, 03:23 PM
I think Packers fans may seem more positive because the Bears had to play a must win against another potential wildcard hopeful last night. Until Sunday, a fair amount of Packers fans are still clinging to some small hope that GB will wake up and pull one off against Dallas. To me, this is a make or break game for fans and for McCarthy's future here. While some fans have checked out, I think some are at the edge, hoping to have their minds changed Sunday. If they get smoked, the dialog will turn much more dire.

Not from me. I may jump up the playoffs bandwagon but I'll be rooting all the way to 4-12 if that's where it ends.

The whole staff needs to be assessed every year and (maybe) major changes are needed to get us back in the right direction.

Tony Oday
11-13-2009, 03:29 PM

Not from me. I may jump up the playoffs bandwagon but I'll be rooting all the way to 4-12 if that's where it ends.

The whole staff needs to be assessed every year and (maybe) major changes are needed to get us back in the right direction.

Until the Pack is eliminated I think they can make the playoffs! I remember when we were terrible and 7-9 was an amazing year so a winning season would be nice :)

Scott Campbell
11-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Despite the horrific nature of the loss last week, you can't abandon ship yet. We didn't win 12 world championships by giving up at 4-4. Sherman took a 1-4 team to the playoffs.

Fritz
11-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Very reasonable post, DBB. I like to bag on ya, but you're okay.

I just hope the Packers perform some miracle turnaround. Unfortunately, they have shown no signs of improvement whatsoever. If anything they seem to be getting worse.

Dabaddestbear
11-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Solid post DBB, and the fact that both teams have followed a similar trajectory is something I've been thinking about lately. Good point wrt line play: both teams have good skill players and strong young QBs but both are getting nullified by line play. They just deal with it in different ways (picks v. sacks).

I agree 100%.
But its not over yet. At least I won money on the game last night by taking the under :oops:

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2009, 05:44 PM
..when u have the CELTICS/nba league pass

Kiwon
11-13-2009, 06:35 PM

I love the C's.

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2009, 06:40 PM

I love the C's.

I know right?

KG is so cool, Rondo improves weekly..pretty much all the players are class acts too...

SnakeLH2006
11-14-2009, 12:06 AM

How about my man Brandon Jennings (gonna be the rookie of the year tearing it up) leading the Bucks (who were supposed to be the worst NBA team this year) to the top of the Central Division over the Bulls with a 4-2 record.

You failed again. The Packers and Bucks both have better records than your miscasts from Chi-Town. Snake has good Chicago buddies. You make a mockery of good fans. They are good guys. You sir are neither.

At least you are entertaining to us real fans, DBB. Snake found your Facebook page. I liked this photo of ya:

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5772/41704951.jpg

Zool
11-14-2009, 03:48 AM

I love the C's.

I know right?

KG is so cool, Rondo improves weekly..pretty much all the players are class acts too...

I'm confused then. KG can't win without talent around him yet you say thats what you like about Favre?

MJZiggy
11-14-2009, 08:39 AM
But I don't like pro basketball anymore...when's world cup competition start?

Dabaddestbear
11-15-2009, 01:28 AM

I love the C's.
Why you had to rub that in? I will just take any NBA games right now other than what I have been seeing in the NFC North. :(

Dabaddestbear
11-15-2009, 01:31 AM

How about my man Brandon Jennings (gonna be the rookie of the year tearing it up) leading the Bucks (who were supposed to be the worst NBA team this year) to the top of the Central Division over the Bulls with a 4-2 record.

You failed again. The Packers and Bucks both have better records than your miscasts from Chi-Town. Snake has good Chicago buddies. You make a mockery of good fans. They are good guys. You sir are neither.

At least you are entertaining to us real fans, DBB. Snake found your Facebook page. I liked this photo of ya:

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5772/41704951.jpg
When did you post this? The Bulls beat the Bucks.
And I guess that would be me aside from me being a athletic built black guy. :roll:

Dabaddestbear
11-15-2009, 01:33 AM
But I don't like pro basketball anymore...when's world cup competition start?
Yeah, I watch that sport for the same reason as Hockey...for the fighting.
Only difference is the players fight in Hockey, while the fans beat the crap out of each other in soccer. 8-)

SnakeLH2006
11-15-2009, 02:26 AM
When did you post this? The Bulls beat the Bucks.
And I guess that would be me aside from me being a athletic built black guy. :roll:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3168/61019420.jpg
Is this a better assessment of your likeness, then, DBB? I hope so. I toiled over 2 min. making this for you.

BTW. The Bucks rookie Jennings just tore off 55 points tonite in his 7th game to get the Bucks to 5-2. Check my thread I made draft nite in the Bucks forum on here. Good hilites for ya, champ. Bulls still suck. Have they done anything after MJ?

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 06:28 PM
ME!