PDA

View Full Version : Official Bretsky Broke His Curse Thread: Take it to the Bank

SnakeLH2006
11-14-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm usually wrong when Snake bets on the Packers but bet on them again to beat the Dallas Cowboys at Lambeau in my pick 'em pool. The Pack cost me my Suicide/Elimination bet last week as I was head to head and lost to some douche in my pool (and felt bad as I had to pick the Pack else they weren't gonna be able to be picked here on out in my suicide pool). I knew they would lose.

Somehow. someway, I feel we are better than 4-4. McFatty is a terrible coach, but our talent at home shines. I picked the Packers to beat the Cowgirls at Lambeau (although Dallas is favored by 3-5 depending where you look).

Snake is a homer to heart. I voted Packers. WE NEED THIS WIN.

Bretsky
11-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Bretsky will be at Lambeau
Green Bay has not lost in a while while Bretsky is at Lambeau
Last week the team had a spinless preformance
Bretsky thinks this week GB shows it has a spine.
After the worst loss in ages, Bretsky thinks the Pack upsets the boys
Some of the Homerism will return and playoff talk will come back

This is a MUST WIN game folks
Just for the wildcard race tiebreaker we can't afford another NFC Home Loss

BRETSKY GUARANTEES A PACKER WIN

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!

Bretsky
11-14-2009, 08:53 AM
And after Green Bay takes down the Cowboys, they beat San Fran, and Win at Detroit to get to 7-4.

I know I have little logic to base this on; perhaps it's new found kool aide I'm drinking after taking a day away from work.

I don't think our coaches are as bad as people give them credit for
I don't think TT is as good as people have given him credit for either

But at the end of the year I still think we're a borderline team that either barely makes or misses the playoffs.

Fritz
11-14-2009, 09:23 AM
In some regards Bretsky, your assessment of this team might make for the toughest offseason of all.

If they go 8-8 or 9-7, what do you do? Do you say, geez, it'd be a bitch to start all over, let's give MM and TT another year? Or do you say, y'know, this was MM's fourth year and he's just not getting it done and can the guy?

And what about Ted? That's a whole 'nother question - and I think this is the biggest issue. If this team continues to lose or be mediocre, is it the coaching or the talent level or both?

On the other hand, if the team rebounds and goes 10-6, surely MM and TT would get another chance. And if the team finishes at 6-10 or worse, then surely MM at least would get a boot planted in his healthy behind. And you might even see TT gone, too. Then we all know we start over.

But what if they go 8-8? Do you keep MM? Or do you fire him and promote Capers so there's continuity, the have him hire some offensive assistant to coach the offense? Or do you shitcan everyone?

I've been asking this more lately and would like to know what people think: what if Ted had hired Jim ("The Master of") Bates? Would this team be better off today?

When I look at this defense and think of Jenkins/Kampman on the outside, Pickett/Raji inside, and Barnett, Mathews, and Hawk/Chillar at linebacker, I wonder....hmm....would that have worked?

Scott Campbell
11-14-2009, 09:44 AM
I voted for the Packers - with my heart. My head tells me that this team is capable of losing a lot of games.

MJZiggy
11-14-2009, 09:48 AM

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!

For the LOVE OF GOD Bretsky, will you stop jinxing this team with shit like this??????

Scott Campbell
11-14-2009, 09:52 AM

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!

For the LOVE OF GOD Bretsky, will you stop jinxing this team with shit like this??????

OMG NO. Tell me he didn't do this. Bad, bad juju.

What in the name of Odell Thruman are you thinking B?

wist43
11-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Well, we have a sample size of 24 games... and the pattern is repeated - well, repeatedly, lol :)

They're wildly inconsistent; give up tons of sacks, pressures and penetration; conversely, they can't generate consistent pressure (I blame most of this on coaching); they commit tons of penalities; special teams are consistently below average to poor; Rodgers is taking a pounding, and has become jittery in the pocket again, etc...

It's a genuine laundry list of problems... be nice if they all went away at once, but these problems are born from within the organization itself - tough row to hoe.

pittstang5
11-14-2009, 11:14 AM

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!

Thanks! We're screwed again!

Don't you learn?

TennesseePackerBacker
11-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Bretsky will be at Lambeau
Green Bay has not lost in a while while Bretsky is at Lambeau
Last week the team had a spinless preformance
Bretsky thinks this week GB shows it has a spine.
After the worst loss in ages, Bretsky thinks the Pack upsets the boys
Some of the Homerism will return and playoff talk will come back

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!

This. I believe this.

Bretsky
11-14-2009, 02:35 PM
In some regards Bretsky, your assessment of this team might make for the toughest offseason of all.

If they go 8-8 or 9-7, what do you do? Do you say, geez, it'd be a bitch to start all over, let's give MM and TT another year? Or do you say, y'know, this was MM's fourth year and he's just not getting it done and can the guy?

And what about Ted? That's a whole 'nother question - and I think this is the biggest issue. If this team continues to lose or be mediocre, is it the coaching or the talent level or both?

On the other hand, if the team rebounds and goes 10-6, surely MM and TT would get another chance. And if the team finishes at 6-10 or worse, then surely MM at least would get a boot planted in his healthy behind. And you might even see TT gone, too. Then we all know we start over.

But what if they go 8-8? Do you keep MM? Or do you fire him and promote Capers so there's continuity, the have him hire some offensive assistant to coach the offense? Or do you shitcan everyone?

I've been asking this more lately and would like to know what people think: what if Ted had hired Jim ("The Master of") Bates? Would this team be better off today?

When I look at this defense and think of Jenkins/Kampman on the outside, Pickett/Raji inside, and Barnett, Mathews, and Hawk/Chillar at linebacker, I wonder....hmm....would that have worked?

I think a lot are in fantasy world in thinking MM and/or TT will get fired. I think MM has one more year and TTT is a ways from geting let go.

To me both should be the answer to every one of these debates. Are talent is less than stellar and our coaching has been just ok as well.

Go position by position and compare up GREEN BAY to the VIKINGS. QB aside, their talent is superior and they should beat us twice. That's a personnell thing.

I've seen worse coaches in Green Bay than MM as well as worse GM's.

TT might have wanted to hire Sean Payton instead of taking a pass there; he seems like the real deal. Bates...not sure...although I would have been for it at the time. But I don't think TT and Bates were a good fit.

I think with TT's plan he he was looking for an incredibly patient coach who would buy into turtle-ology. I don't think Bates was that guy.

Bretsky
11-14-2009, 02:36 PM

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!

OMG NO. Tell me he didn't do this. Bad, bad juju.

What in the name of Odell Thruman are you thinking B?

Ah, you guys overestimate my powers.

Even Robert Meachem is looking like a dang good player lately !

7-4; take it to the bank :!: :lol:

MOBB DEEP
11-14-2009, 03:38 PM
And after Green Bay takes down the Cowboys, they beat San Fran, and Win at Detroit to get to 7-4.

EXACTLY...

Pack WILL be 10-6, losing to AFC North teams Balt and Pitt

Partial
11-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Help us Bretsky. You're our only hope!

MOBB DEEP
11-14-2009, 03:40 PM
I think a lot are in fantasy world in thinking MM and/or TT will get fired. I think MM has one more year and TTT is a ways from geting let go.

RIGHT! Its not like they're players; thats alot of loot to swallow. So unless Pack loses out we're stuck with these morons for a good minute

MJZiggy
11-14-2009, 05:18 PM

Hmmm...Here's what I think. First, I think you're overthinking. It's too soon to be thinking of the final record and what they'd do--too many questions left unanswered. Did they play well or horridly in those wins? Were the games called well? Is it just that the team lacks cohesiveness or is it really that they are not good players? (think of how many of the team members were around in '07...I don't believe it's the players.)

Second, MM would never get a boot in his healthy behind because his fat ass is not healthy (yours on the other hand...). What is it with coaches coming to GB and coming down with sudden onset obesity???

Third, it makes no sense to think of what would have been with Bates. He never got the permanent head coach gig and there has to be a reason for that. I don't see anything out of the Bucs' defense that indicates we'd be better off.

Best just to drink a lot because we have no control over any of this anyway.

Fritz
11-14-2009, 06:25 PM
I agree...partially. I think we're edging up to the time when it is soon enough to tell - we'll know in the next three games. If this team goes 5-8 and then wins out, is that really going to save MM's substantial butt?

I also don't agree with Bretsky or whomever it was who said MM for sure gets another year. Not if this team finishes like last year, I don't think he does.

I do think TT probably gets another year, maybe two, tops, if he fires MM at the end of this season.

It's too early, sure, but not by much any more.

Having said that, I would like nothing better than a strong, strong second half and some playoff wins.

MJZiggy
11-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Well if we get playoff wins, it's a whole other ball game. There's no way they're gone then. (see why I think it's too early to tell?) But even if they don't go to the post season, I still think there's too much that could happen to affect a decision on whether to keep the two of them aside from straight wins/losses.

Bretsky
11-14-2009, 09:22 PM
I agree...partially. I think we're edging up to the time when it is soon enough to tell - we'll know in the next three games. If this team goes 5-8 and then wins out, is that really going to save MM's substantial butt?

I also don't agree with Bretsky or whomever it was who said MM for sure gets another year. Not if this team finishes like last year, I don't think he does.

I do think TT probably gets another year, maybe two, tops, if he fires MM at the end of this season.

It's too early, sure, but not by much any more.

Having said that, I would like nothing better than a strong, strong second half and some playoff wins.

If this team finishes with 7 or more wins I think TTT brings MM back
TT has a pass; after all we're still the youngest team in the league :lol:

retailguy
11-14-2009, 10:33 PM
cowboys.

SnakeLH2006
11-14-2009, 11:16 PM

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!

Ah, you guys overestimate my powers.

7-4; take it to the bank :!: :lol:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4616/79208182.jpg

MJZiggy
11-15-2009, 08:23 PM

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!

How'd he do that?

Bretsky
11-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Bretsky is home from Lambeau and has no voice
Bretsky brought home a win per his guarantee :!:

Besides being disappointed at the number of Cowboys fans, Bretsky thought the crowd was pretty intense tonight as were the players.

Partial
11-15-2009, 11:09 PM

Besides being disappointed at the number of Cowboys fans, Bretsky thought the crowd was pretty intense tonight as were the players.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Carmel god comes up big!

SnakeLH2006
11-15-2009, 11:51 PM

Good job Brett! I knew the double guarantee would lift the curse! That shit must have been rowdy as hell at Lambeau! What a great win.

Bretsky
11-21-2009, 09:54 PM
I know I have little logic to base this on; perhaps it's new found kool aide I'm drinking after taking a day away from work.

I don't think our coaches are as bad as people give them credit for
I don't think TT is as good as people have given him credit for either
But at the end of the year I still think we're a borderline team that either barely makes or misses the playoffs.

Bretsky is back for another week of patting himself on the back for having stones
Last Week Bretsky predicated the Pack goes on a three game win streak to go 7-4 after losing to the 0-7 Bucs

Bretsky delievered the first strike to the Cowpies, and after watching Jerry Rice Fumble with his knee eighteen inches from the ground in the playoffs.......Bretsky has renewed his hatred of the San Francisco FortyWhiners

Bretsky has a glass of kool aide and thinks Singletary might be tempted to moon his team tomorrow

Bretsky thinks AROD will run an efficience offense and the Packer likes getting Finley back. Bretsky thinks the San Fran Offense will feel the effects of the DOMinator running our D

Tomorow we put a decent game together. The Turtleosophy supporters may even come out after our OL looks even a bit closer to average.

If we are to make the playoffs this year tomorrow is nearly a must win game.

I've been reading Nick Barnett's Twitters. Nick is ready. The Defense is Ready. And Bretsky is Ready for a solid game.

Once Again

Green Bay is headed to 7-4

Bretsky Guarantees a Packer Win

TAKE IT TO THE BANK

retailguy
11-21-2009, 10:01 PM
shouldn't you put this in the game thread? :?:

SnakeLH2006
11-21-2009, 10:21 PM

Snake is cool with Bretsky's post...considering he broke his curse and all. Take it to the bank.

Bretsky
11-22-2009, 12:28 AM

Nope; Karma; needs to start in here.

I can't remember if I made the guarantee in the game thread last week so I'll have to check and I'll follow what I did last week either way.

Cheers,
B

SnakeLH2006
11-22-2009, 01:12 AM

Nope; Karma; needs to start in here.

I can't remember if I made the guarantee in the game thread last week so I'll have to check and I'll follow what I did last week either way.

Cheers,
B

Actually, Brett you are right. You've never broken your curse before with guarantees (but my pic was about right....two double guarantee take it to the bank).....Let's not jinx it folks. Let Brett talk in here, cuz it's money.....in the bank!!! I'll keep this thread open all season if we keep winning and even rename it to the Bretsky:Take It to the Bank thread if we win tommorrow. Keep it real.

Actually...Bretsky is kinda cursed and said the same how he needs to keep the guarantees in here....Fuck it. I'm renaming this thread in Bretsky's honor. You deserve it Brett after last week. We'll see how far it goes. Take it to the Bank!!!

Bretsky
11-25-2009, 11:40 PM
SNAKE called the double curse reversal perfectly

Bretsky is back for week 3 of his third person antics

On November 14th coming off a loss to a 0-7 team Bretsky Guaranteed a win. Bretsky also guranteed the Pack would go on a 3 game win streak.
On Thanksgiving Day Bretsky's three game streak will come to fruitation

The Lions are entertaining; they made a great story last week looking like a somewhat capable NFL team.......playing another terrible team

The Packers are better than Detroit at nearly every position...quite possibly every position except punter.

But Bretsky gives you the picture and on Thanksgiving Day Bretsky becomes a Homer Rat :shock:

Detroit is terrible
Green Bay is slightly above average...maybe a bit better than that
Certainly Double Digits better than the soft Lions

Bretsky wonders if Ty will publish his picks early so he takes the Pack and the Points. Bretsky likes Ty's picks because they show stones.

Bretsky thinks tomorrow will be a great day
Bretsky got out of hosting Thanksgiving and it's right down the street
Bretsky will put the turkey in by 7:00 AM
Bretsky will take the Turkey out by 10:30 AM
Bretsky will cut the turkey by 11:00 AM
Bretsky will take the turkey over to his wife's brothers house
Bretsky will give the turkey to the hottie young girlfriend
Bretsky will then sit his ass on the couch and watch Green Bay Tear Lions apart

Bretsky enjoys the third person and thinks the three game guarantee may be it for a while

But Bretsky must finish what he started

Bretsky Guarantees a Win over the Deroit Lions

TAKE IT TO THE BANK

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY

SnakeLH2006
11-26-2009, 12:35 AM
SNAKE called the double curse reversal perfectly

Bretsky is back for week 3 of his third person antics

On November 14th coming off a loss to a 0-7 team Bretsky Guaranteed a win. Bretsky also guranteed the Pack would go on a 3 game win streak.
On Thanksgiving Day Bretsky's three game streak will come to fruitation

The Lions are entertaining; they made a great story last week looking like a somewhat capable NFL team.......playing another terrible team

The Packers are better than Detroit at nearly every position...quite possibly every position except punter.

But Bretsky gives you the picture and on Thanksgiving Day Bretsky becomes a Homer Rat :shock:

Detroit is terrible
Green Bay is slightly above average...maybe a bit better than that
Certainly Double Digits better than the soft Lions

Bretsky wonders if Ty will publish his picks early so he takes the Pack and the Points. Bretsky likes Ty's picks because they show stones.

Bretsky thinks tomorrow will be a great day
Bretsky got out of hosting Thanksgiving and it's right down the street
Bretsky will put the turkey in by 7:00 AM
Bretsky will take the Turkey out by 10:30 AM
Bretsky will cut the turkey by 11:00 AM
Bretsky will take the turkey over to his wife's brothers house
Bretsky will give the turkey to the hottie young girlfriend
Bretsky will then sit his ass on the couch and watch Green Bay Tear Lions apart

Bretsky enjoys the third person and thinks the three game guarantee may be it for a while

But Bretsky must finish what he started

Bretsky Guarantees a Win over the Deroit Lions

TAKE IT TO THE BANK

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY

Brett, you messed up..and only singularly guaranteed the win over the Lions...luckily it wasn't the Detroit Lions, but the Deroit Lions. Now the double guarantee is where it's at.

Happy Thanksgiving bro and to all Rats!