PDA

View Full Version : How much longer for Driver?

Brando19
11-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Alot of us Packer fans have took Driver for granted. He's been reliable for many years and is having one of his best seasons. He's getting up there in age. He's 34 years old. He's not showing much decline, but 34 is usually not that far from retirement for a WR. How much longer does he have left in his tank? I just saw on PFT that Anquan Boldin will likely be traded next offseason. Would you guys trade Kampy for Boldin so we're not hurting at WR when Driver's gone? I would do it in a heartbeat.

MJZiggy
11-14-2009, 08:52 PM
I haven't taken Donald for granted and I'm not sure I'd make that deal. I see no indication that he's lost any little bit of his game, his conditioning, or his intensity. When it does come time for DD to retire, I think that we have enough talented young pups on the team to take over.

I think Kampman is undervalued at the moment. I don't even know why. Maybe it's just the homer in me, but I think they have him at that position for more than sack production.

Brando19
11-14-2009, 08:58 PM
The only thing that worries me with DD is a season ending injury...such as an ACL tear. I don't know if he'd be able to overcome that at his age. I hope Driver plays every game for the Packers until he's 38 or 39 at a high level...but I just wonder how long he wants to play.

Bretsky
11-14-2009, 09:24 PM
I think DD will be around for another 3
I would not do that trade for one reason; Boldin wants a huge contract. We already gave Jennings a huge deal and I would not want to invest another 8-9 MIL a year at WR.

And if I don't want to ........no chance in hell TTT will foot up that bill :!:

3irty1
11-14-2009, 10:01 PM
By the looks of it Driver has a long time left. Even without him the Packers are solid at receiver.

retailguy
11-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Driver has got 2 years, tops. He's playing really well this year, helped a bit by the double coverage Jennings is drawing. He also keeps himself in top shape, and that certainly helps.

SnakeLH2006
11-15-2009, 01:15 AM
The only thing that worries me with DD is a season ending injury...but I just wonder how long he wants to play.

Driver has stated over and over to the media he wants to play until he's 40. He's said it again and again. He's doing well and looks fit. I think he wants one more deece deal to maximize his earnings. Smart on his part. But at some point he's due to decline. Look at Marvin Harrison.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Kampman for Boldin?

In a heartbeat. Boldin is a warrior. Punishing WR. Put him on the pack and whoever has to be the #3..DD or GJ has a HUGE advantage. Our #5 would either be Nelson or Jones. Go 5 wide and with even an average line and we would be unstoppable.

Boldin would bring a physicality to our WRs that we are lacking.

Zool
11-15-2009, 02:39 AM
Didnt AZ switch to a 3-4 this year?

Brando19
11-15-2009, 07:03 AM
Kampman for Boldin?

In a heartbeat. Boldin is a warrior. Punishing WR. Put him on the pack and whoever has to be the #3..DD or GJ has a HUGE advantage. Our #5 would either be Nelson or Jones. Go 5 wide and with even an average line and we would be unstoppable.

No doubt. I'd do Hawk for Boldin as well.

bobblehead
11-15-2009, 10:09 AM
AZ won't likely do Kamp for Boldin. Boldin is the reciever we all wish Jones would become. He muscles for position and fights for the ball. He is a similar to Keyshawn in his prime. Yes, I would trade a player who doesn't fit for a top notch possession reciever in a heartbeat...and I don't use the term "possession reciever" to mean slow white guy. Boldin makes first downs easier for a QB, he is a stud. You don't decide you don't need a another stud on the roster cuz you gave GJ a big contract already.

Brandon494
11-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Kampman for Boldin?

Cardinals would never do that trade. If you want Boldin you going to have to ateast give up a 1st.

g4orce
11-15-2009, 11:08 AM
I think DD asks out of his contract after the season and goes to the Vikings... ok, he probably wont, but I bet thats how mad he is about our team and I'm sure him and Brett have had conversations about it. I think he plays 5 more years, the last year being forgetful.

rbaloha1
11-15-2009, 11:53 AM
DD still plays at a high level. For stat freaks DD's numbers remain at a level which indicate virtually little decline.

DD stays in GB as long as DD desires.

The Leaper
11-15-2009, 02:32 PM
We really don't need another WR. Even without Driver, I don't think our WRs are that bad. Jennings is certainly a capable starter...and Jones/Nelson could be a reasonable 2/3 tandem with Finley at TE.

Our problem is a bad OL and mediocre RBs. Boldin doesn't address either of those areas...so why get him?

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Alot of us Packer fans have took Driver for granted.

Even though u r a skirt i gota agree here B

Hopefully u can decipher this post.. :wink:

red
11-15-2009, 04:41 PM
no, i wouldn't do it

no reason to add anymore weapons until we get the o-line fixed up

use kampman to fix the line

Brando19
11-15-2009, 04:49 PM

:lol: Get outta here Viking fan. :wink: :lol:

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 04:56 PM

Jus messn with u son... :wink:

And it hurts to hear u call me that

Guess we can all blame TT for the friction in packer nation

Like i posted last week, its NO WHERE near as joyful for Favre to be performing like this for vikes instead of pack..i want him to be chucking the ball to GJ like he was today and picking up DD after TDs..... :evil:

One Love...

Brando19
11-15-2009, 05:10 PM

Jus messn with u son... :wink:

And it hurts to hear u call me that

Guess we can all blame TT for the friction in packer nation

Like i posted last week, its NO WHERE near as joyful for Favre to be performing like this for vikes instead of pack..i want him to be chucking the ball to GJ like he was today and picking up DD after TDs..... :evil:

One Love...

I'm with ya! :wink:

Tyrone Bigguns
11-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Kampman for Boldin?

Cardinals would never do that trade. If you want Boldin you going to have to ateast give up a 1st.

You dont' know what you are talking about.

Boldin is very unhappy. They will take a starter on defense, which AK would be.

Brandon494
11-16-2009, 02:07 AM
Kampman for Boldin?

Cardinals run a 3-4 defense, why would they trade a star WR for Kampman when its obvious he is better suited as a 4-3 DE and struggles as a 3-4 LB.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-16-2009, 04:15 AM
Kampman for Boldin?

Cardinals run a 3-4 defense, why would they trade a star WR for Kampman when its obvious he is better suited as a 4-3 DE and struggles as a 3-4 LB.

do you know anything about the cards and the bidwells?

Deputy Nutz
11-16-2009, 08:09 AM
I hope Thompson cuts him after this year. And he goes to the Vikings along with Kampman. Green Bay North here they come!

Partial
11-16-2009, 08:18 AM
Kampman for Boldin?

The fact is, Ty, that your word isn't any more credible than the other guys, so unless you can back this up with concrete facts you shouldn't be a weiner to him.

Brandon494
11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Kampman for Boldin?

No I do not know anything about the bidwells. What I do know is Boldin has been unhappy for the last 2 seasons and they have yet to move him. They are going to trade him for draft picks so they can pick a player that they think fits their system instead of a 30 year old 4-3 DE who makes an average LB. I could be wrong but I just think if we do end up trading Kampman it will be to a team that runs the 4-3.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Kampman for Boldin?

The fact is, Ty, that your word isn't any more credible than the other guys, so unless you can back this up with concrete facts you shouldn't be a weiner to him.

Word has nothing to do with it. Nor is your input needed here.

As for credibility, Ty lives in AZ and knows prolly more about the Cards and the Bidwells than just about anybody here.

Partial
11-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Kampman for Boldin?

Word has nothing to do with it. Nor is your input needed here.

As for credibility, Ty lives in AZ and knows prolly more about the Cards and the Bidwells than just about anybody here.

Knowing more != knowing all. Don't tear the guy a new one for having an opinion differirng from what the beat writers of AZ think.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Kampman for Boldin?

No I do not know anything about the bidwells. What I do know is Boldin has been unhappy for the last 2 seasons and they have yet to move him. They are going to trade him for draft picks so they can pick a player that they think fits their system instead of a 30 year old 4-3 DE who makes an average LB. I could be wrong but I just think if we do end up trading Kampman it will be to a team that runs the 4-3.

The initial question was would "you' trade Ak for Boldin, which you have PERVERTED into a discussion about whether the Cards would do it.

The Cards have a history of not paying players. They have a history of being under the cap. They have several players that are going to be demanding money..and they aren't going to pay them all...guys like Dansby and Dockett for example. They will need players..and you are way overrating boldin's value. He is a great player but has a history of injuries.

Never, ever underestimate the Cards and their stupidity. One good year doesn't erase years of mismanagement.