PDA

View Full Version : VACATION! I'm outta here!

hurleyfan
07-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Thank God! Today is my last day at work!

Going to get some time at a lake with my boat, my brother and some friends!

Weather looks Hot and Humid, which means early tee times and early aftenoon on the boat! Man I can't wait..

What's the "Dog Days" have in store for you? :?:

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Enjoy!

Me on the other hand am taking two summer classes, and am working. And in a couple weeks I start a new semseter......... :sad:

GrnBay007
07-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Have a great time Hurley. Relax and enjoy!!!!

GOD BLESS VACATIONS!!! :D

Oscar
07-27-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm takin next week off as well.. I start a new job on Aug. 7th so its my last week off for at least a year. I better make this one count.. Though, I must admit most of my time off is gonna be working on my house. :neutral: I have a project that I want to get done before I switch jobs. I'm gonna take my kids fishing one day and we will do some other things just depends on how hot it is. Have a great vacation Hurly. :smile:

BallHawk
07-27-2006, 08:14 PM
I only have three weeks of my vacation left. Then It's back to school and sneaking onto PackerRats during Computer Lab. :mrgreen:

Bretsky
07-27-2006, 08:21 PM
I"m taking a vacation; I'm off Monday. That's about as much as I get lately.

Tomorrow will be a fun day though; I'm the lender for three different Home Purchases so I'll be attending each closing to congradulate the new home owners.

Cheers,
B

Rastak
07-27-2006, 08:23 PM

Tomorrow will be a fun day though; I'm the lender for three different Home Purchases so I'll be attending each closing to congradulate the new home owners.

Cheers,
B

Hey Bretsky, I bet that's rewarding, seeing people get their new homes. I mean, we all have jobs but that's a bit more personal. Kind of cool.

GBRulz
07-27-2006, 10:24 PM
yeah, especially first time home buyers. I know how happy I was when I bought my own home.

B, is the real estate market cooling off lately? I see lots of home around here up for sale. Normally, these range of homes ($140k) don't last on the market long at all, but they simply aren't moving it seems....

GBRulz
07-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Thank God! Today is my last day at work!

Going to get some time at a lake with my boat, my brother and some friends!

Weather looks Hot and Humid, which means early tee times and early aftenoon on the boat! Man I can't wait..

What's the "Dog Days" have in store for you? :?:

have a great time, Hurley! I've been spending almost every weekend up in the northwoods, myself. Three Lakes/Eagle River area out on the chain! I have a great tan :mrgreen:

Deputy Nutz
07-27-2006, 11:17 PM
I wish I had a vacation :cool:

I do wish I had a boat

woodbuck27
07-27-2006, 11:47 PM
I'm takin next week off as well.. I start a new job on Aug. 7th so its my last week off for at least a year. I better make this one count.. Though, I must admit most of my time off is gonna be working on my house. :neutral: I have a project that I want to get done before I switch jobs. I'm gonna take my kids fishing one day and we will do some other things just depends on how hot it is. Have a great vacation Hurly. :smile:

Is it alot of bass fishing there? Any decent brook trout fishing in your state?

woodbuck27
07-27-2006, 11:50 PM
" I have a great tan " GBM

Coppertone cream or oil ?

GrnBay007
07-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Have a great vacation Jeffro. Get that work done one your house really fast and then kick back and enjoy!

Bretsky
07-29-2006, 12:50 AM

Cheers,
B

Hey Bretsky, I bet that's rewarding, seeing people get their new homes. I mean, we all have jobs but that's a bit more personal. Kind of cool.

Thanks Rastak; my job is very rewarding with buyers, especially first time homebuyers. I'm a former HS Teacher so I like working with them because there is so much to learn and they appreciate that.

B

Bretsky
07-29-2006, 12:52 AM
yeah, especially first time home buyers. I know how happy I was when I bought my own home.

B, is the real estate market cooling off lately? I see lots of home around here up for sale. Normally, these range of homes ($140k) don't last on the market long at all, but they simply aren't moving it seems....

Yes, the Real Estate Market sucks right now; as a result it's becoming harder for me to put up the monthly loan numbers that I want to put up as well........which obviously effects my wages.

In Jefferson County, real estate listings are up around 30% from last year, while the home sales are down about 25%. That's a nasty stat if you think about it.

And with so many maxing out their home equity loans when rates were good a couple years ago now that those floating rates are much higher the foreclosures are going to go way up in the next couple years as well IMO.

hurleyfan
08-06-2006, 04:43 PM
:sad:
Crap, I'm back from a phenomenal week off..

Weather - some of the hottest on record in upstate NY.. Had one afternoon get washed out with a T'storm and a few in the evenings, but by then we were putting out campfires or drinking in the cabin..

Played a great course in Queensbury NY(Hiland) anyone hear of it? It's a nice track, and they have two nice little honies driving the "beverage" cart :wink:
Oh yeah, shot 86!

Found some time for fishing, had a few nice smallmouth bass, nothing to write home about but is always a nice way to spend some time..

Lots of watersports.. the kids love knee boarding, while I prefer to ski.. Wish it wasn't soo hard getting out of the water on one ski, but now that I'm getting older and a few extra pounds, guess it's to be expected.. 'Course all the golf in the mornings and all the beer added to the task!

Hope you all get to enjoy some time "off" before end of summer / back to school during the true Dog Days of summer 06!

Partial
08-06-2006, 04:52 PM
:sad:
Crap, I'm back from a phenomenal week off..

Weather - some of the hottest on record in upstate NY.. Had one afternoon get washed out with a T'storm and a few in the evenings, but by then we were putting out campfires or drinking in the cabin..

Played a great course in Queensbury NY(Hiland) anyone hear of it? It's a nice track, and they have two nice little honies driving the "beverage" cart :wink:
Oh yeah, shot 86!

Found some time for fishing, had a few nice smallmouth bass, nothing to write home about but is always a nice way to spend some time..

Lots of watersports.. the kids love knee boarding, while I prefer to ski.. Wish it wasn't soo hard getting out of the water on one ski, but now that I'm getting older and a few extra pounds, guess it's to be expected.. 'Course all the golf in the mornings and all the beer added to the task!

Hope you all get to enjoy some time "off" before end of summer / back to school during the true Dog Days of summer 06!

sounds like a great week man! I am very, very jealous!!

hurleyfan
08-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks Partial... hope you can get some "outta here" time..

Very nice to reset things.... know what I mean.. (been a tough year!)

woodbuck27
08-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Nothing like a week, completely away from the normal routine.

Now your set to enjoy a surprise as a Packer fan this season. OUR team will be better. :mrgreen:

Little Whiskey
08-07-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm takin next week off as well.. I start a new job on Aug. 7th so its my last week off for at least a year.

I'm doing the same thing. the 7th is my first day at the new job. however, got them to pay me for the weeks vacation. then when I quit, the old job paid me for a week of accrued vacation that i didn't use. so actually was paid "double time" for this week of work...or should i say non-work

Oscar
08-07-2006, 06:07 AM
Glad you had a good vacation Hurly. Mine was good as well. I took my kids fishing all day last Monday. Pulled in a bunch of catfish. It's always fun when there bitting. :smile: I spent the rest of the time on my house project. I'm glad I'm going back to work.. so I can get some rest. LOL.Good luck with the new job Whiskey.

the_idle_threat
08-07-2006, 06:22 AM
Catfish, huh? Ever try noodling (http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/general/columns/story?columnist=sutton_keith&page=g_col_sutton_noodling)?

Oscar
08-07-2006, 06:52 AM
I think I'll stick with Uncle Joe's old fashoned blood and guts stink bate. :lol: That method is kinda like goin Grizzly Bear hunting with a club :lol: Gotta go to work. Don't wanna be late on my first day.

the_idle_threat
08-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Good luck!