PDA

View Full Version : This Game Could Be Huge On Many Levels

The Shadow
11-15-2009, 06:44 PM
This could - potenially - have huge ramifications for the mostly-young Packer squad.
-It is a glowing example of what it takes to win in the NFL.
-It may be the coming-of-age for the defense.
-It demonstrated the fact that consistent, aggresive, gritty play wins games.
Game balls to Rodgers, Woodson, Barnett, Mathews - and Jolly.
-It puts the Pack back into wild card possibility.

Maxie the Taxi
11-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Cowboys came out punching. So it wasn't like they were flat. We're on a par with them I would say...when we're up to play.

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 06:46 PM
basically, THE PACK IS BACK rt??!!

wist43
11-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Break out the Kool-Aid!!!!! :lol: :glug: :wave:

gbgary
11-15-2009, 06:50 PM
this is how the D should have been allowed to play the whole season. the O is still iffy.

Iron Mike
11-15-2009, 06:51 PM
Pfft....the game was a gimme.

Didn't you see the graphic at the beginning of the game? Dallas has won ONCE at Lambeau in like, 50 years.

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 06:59 PM
this is how the D should have been allowed to play the whole season. the O is still iffy.

not sure whose idea it was to switch to 3-4 but we DO NOT have the personnel for it

Scott Campbell
11-15-2009, 07:03 PM
This game is huge because it broke the curse of Bretsky.

Fosco33
11-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Biggest win for Rodgers career. 2nd would be stomping Indy over a year ago.

Last year the Pack also started 4-4 but lost to Vikes, then beat the Bears and lost 5 straight before taking out the Lions...

Hope the rest of the season is better than last year.

Brandon494
11-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Jones didnt look too bad replacing Kampman. Also nice to see Nelson back out there at reciever.

The Shadow
11-15-2009, 07:49 PM
The defense was fabulous. Jones certainly held up, while Woodson was other-worldly and Mathews continues to impress.

Maxie the Taxi
11-15-2009, 07:57 PM
The defense was fabulous. Jones certainly held up, while Woodson was other-worldly and Mathews continues to impress.

I think Jones was great. 7 tackles, one for a loss. He was all over -- fast -- and he's a sure tackler.

bobblehead
11-15-2009, 08:03 PM
TJ Lang is a huge upgrade over Babre...now if cliffy could suddenly get 5 years younger.

pbmax
11-15-2009, 08:13 PM

not sure whose idea it was to switch to 3-4 but we DO NOT have the personnel for it
Looked like they did today. Jones and CMIII were drafted to play where they are. Jolly and Jenkins can clearly play 3-4 DE. Pickett has been the steadiest guy on defense.

pbmax
11-15-2009, 08:15 PM
This game is huge because it broke the curse of Bretsky.
Attendance or predictions?

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 08:20 PM

Looked like they did today. Jones and CMIII were drafted to play where they are. Jolly and Jenkins can clearly play 3-4 DE. Pickett has been the steadiest guy on defense.

They did today PB; over the long haul im not so sure

btw, this practical dallas fan at my gym concured with me this morn - lol

i was decked out in packer gear today and cant wait to wear it tomorrow; PLENTY cowgirl fans around here. clearly just to go against their family's tradition of beign staunch redskins supporters during aikman and doug williams eras

The Leaper
11-15-2009, 08:33 PM
I don't think this tells us much of anything.

The defense has been solid all year...and we should only EXPECT the defense to improve as the team gets more used to the scheme. Most teams that switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 or visa versa really struggle on defense for a year plus. The 3-4 defense absolutely is the right fit.

Despite the win, the team was still extremely undisciplined. Way too many penalties and stupid mistakes. False starts at home are unacceptable. We were simply FORTUNATE that Dallas was just an equally undisciplined team that dropped a bunch of passes...and who had to fight through numerous injuries as the game went on.

Bottom line...the Vikings would've still pasted that Packer team I saw today by 2+ TDs. I'll take the win...it keeps us in the hunt for a playoff spot, but this team is NOT a title contender. We still have massive holes on this roster and make far too many mental mistakes.

pbmax
11-15-2009, 09:26 PM

The defense has been solid all year...and we should only EXPECT the defense to improve as the team gets more used to the scheme. Most teams that switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 or visa versa really struggle on defense for a year plus. The 3-4 defense absolutely is the right fit.

Despite the win, the team was still extremely undisciplined. Way too many penalties and stupid mistakes. False starts at home are unacceptable. We were simply FORTUNATE that Dallas was just an equally undisciplined team that dropped a bunch of passes...and who had to fight through numerous injuries as the game went on.

Bottom line...the Vikings would've still pasted that Packer team I saw today by 2+ TDs. I'll take the win...it keeps us in the hunt for a playoff spot, but this team is NOT a title contender. We still have massive holes on this roster and make far too many mental mistakes.\
Can't argue with undisciplined. I hope Clifton kicked Colledge in the ankle on purpose for jumping offsides. AT HOME YOU MORON!

But Vikes by 2 TDs is stretching it. Packer D played much better at home than last game versus Vike O. You put that much pressure on Brett and he will hit the turf more often than Romo did.

The unsung hero today will be Special Teams. Coverage units each had one bad kick/punt, but neither was a game changer. Packer's actually had field position advantage in the 2nd half. Kapinos had one bad punt with no hang time, otherwise was OK.

Write this down. NFC East is struggling. North may be better division right now 1 and 2. I think the only team the Packers are absolutely chasing are the Vikings.

And the Bengals beat the Steelers again. We should have beaten the Bengals. We have a legit shot at beating Pittsburgh on a neutral field. In Pitt it will be tough, but doable.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-15-2009, 09:56 PM

Bottom line...the Vikings would've still pasted that Packer team I saw today by 2+ TDs. I'll take the win...it keeps us in the hunt for a playoff spot, but this team is NOT a title contender. We still have massive holes on this roster and make far too many mental mistakes.\
Can't argue with undisciplined. I hope Clifton kicked Colledge in the ankle on purpose for jumping offsides. AT HOME YOU MORON!

But Vikes by 2 TDs is stretching it. Packer D played much better at home than last game versus Vike O. You put that much pressure on Brett and he will hit the turf more often than Romo did.

The unsung hero today will be Special Teams. Coverage units each had one bad kick/punt, but neither was a game changer. Packer's actually had field position advantage in the 2nd half. Kapinos had one bad punt with no hang time, otherwise was OK.

Write this down. NFC East is struggling. North may be better division right now 1 and 2. I think the only team the Packers are absolutely chasing are the Vikings.

And the Bengals beat the Steelers again. We should have beaten the Bengals. We have a legit shot at beating Pittsburgh on a neutral field. In Pitt it will be tough, but doable.

I'm just glad we get Baltimore and Seattle at home. Those are two very tough stadiums to play at.

The Shadow
11-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Momentum plays such a huge part as we head down the stretch.

Scott Campbell
11-16-2009, 04:18 PM

Bottom line...the Vikings would've still pasted that Packer team I saw today by 2+ TDs. I'll take the win...it keeps us in the hunt for a playoff spot, but this team is NOT a title contender. We still have massive holes on this roster and make far too many mental mistakes.

I think were of the same mind, except I don't think the defense has been very good all year. There were too many games where we couldn't generate any pressure and collapse a pocket. Our run defense has been stout all year.