PDA

View Full Version : Game Ball To The Entire Defense

Maxie the Taxi
11-15-2009, 07:44 PM
I nominate the entire defense for a game ball. To hold Dallas scoreless for 59 minutes is unbelievable!

Dom Capers' game plan was superb: high pressure on Romo. Plus they stuffed the run.

The D-Line was superb, so good I hesitate to single anyone out. But Jolly had one hell of a game.

Linebackers were all over the field, seemingly in the right place almost all the time. Hawk was outstanding and Jones, I think, will get a lot of playing time the rest of this year. Clay Mathews...the guy is a stud. And Nick Barnett came to play.

The secondary was more than solid. Woodson was a HOF performance. Bigby made some huge plays and Nick Collins was all over the field. Even Bush looked good.

My hat's off. If our D plays like this the rest of the season, we can go deep into the playoffs.

ND72
11-15-2009, 07:47 PM
No question

BallHawk
11-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Agreed. Defense played to the level we know they are capable of. I was glad, for once, to be a fan of the team that was getting to the QB consistently :D

Also, this question popped up in my mind....Is the fact that Kampman was out for this game just a coincidence?

GrnBay007
11-15-2009, 07:49 PM
We had no volume at the time but it showed the Packers locker room after the game and Nick Barnett was handing a ball to MM. MM was all smiles. Did anyone else see that?

Maxie the Taxi
11-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Agreed. Defense played to the level we know they are capable of. I was glad, for once, to be a fan of the team that was getting to the QB consistently :D

Also, this question popped up in my mind....Is the fact that Kampman was out for this game just a coincidence?

I wondered the same thing. Today #59 reminded me a hell of a lot of another #59 -- John Anderson.

BallHawk
11-15-2009, 07:53 PM
We had no volume at the time but it showed the Packers locker room after the game and Nick Barnett was handing a ball to MM. MM was all smiles. Did anyone else see that?

Yup. Glad to see the guys were happy and supportive of McCarthy. I know they're right off a win and everybody is happy, but for this team to be able to salvage the season, they need to be behind the coach 100%.

pbmax
11-15-2009, 08:09 PM
59 can rush the passer, that is for certain. He just slips by.

Defense in the first half was amazing. The third quarter, when the O was moving the ball and built a lead, is exactly what this defense is built to operate like.

Defend run, prevent big play. Get lead. Make opposition one-dimensional and attack. I am amazed in the difference between the D versus the run compared to the last couple of years.

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 08:12 PM

I wonder if that blue collar worker he got canned saw it...

No egg laying tonite baby

Maxie the Taxi
11-15-2009, 08:14 PM
59 can rush the passer, that is for certain. He just slips by.

Defense in the first half was amazing. The third quarter, when the O was moving the ball and built a lead, is exactly what this defense is built to operate like.

Defend run, prevent big play. Get lead. Make opposition one-dimensional and attack. I am amazed in the difference between the D versus the run compared to the last couple of years.

Exactly. This year's D is way better than last year's. I mean think about it. We're down to our...what?...3rd string linebacker and look how he performed. Better than Kampman. Better than Poppinga.

The Leaper
11-15-2009, 08:38 PM
I would hope that Thompson...a former LB...can spot a good one when he sees one.

red
11-15-2009, 09:25 PM
that was the d i've been waiting all season to see

SnakeLH2006
11-16-2009, 12:16 AM
I nominate the entire defense for a game ball. To hold Dallas scoreless for 59 minutes is unbelievable!

Dom Capers' game plan was superb: high pressure on Romo. Plus they stuffed the run.

The D-Line was superb, so good I hesitate to single anyone out. But Jolly had one hell of a game.

Linebackers were all over the field, seemingly in the right place almost all the time. Hawk was outstanding and Jones, I think, will get a lot of playing time the rest of this year. Clay Mathews...the guy is a stud. And Nick Barnett came to play.

The secondary was more than solid. Woodson was a HOF performance. Bigby made some huge plays and Nick Collins was all over the field. Even Bush looked good.

My hat's off. If our D plays like this the rest of the season, we can go deep into the playoffs.

Took the words out my mouth, Maxie. Capers is the man for sure. I hope he keeps dialing up the blitzes the rest of the season. This is what the preseason looked like with our Defense. Great game!

Pugger
11-16-2009, 09:38 AM
It almost seems to me that yesterday the defensive guys are finally getting it! Something clicked and the guys are finally playing the 3-4 like Capers envisioned way back last summer. I kinda figured it would take a few games before this D would come into its own. If they continue to play like this we'll give the rest of the OC on our future opponents some sleepless nights!

:bump:

MJZiggy
11-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Question is, can they sustain?

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 10:34 AM

To be honset i think the pack needs a few more big black studs at the LB and DE positions to sustain great play in the 3-4...most GMs get that

GET PLAYERS FOR THE U AND THE SEC...

Bossman641
11-17-2009, 11:32 AM

To be honset i think the pack needs a few more big black studs at the LB and DE positions to sustain great play in the 3-4...most GMs get that

I agree, only if they are black though. We can't be having no more white boys on this team. :roll:

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 01:33 PM

I agree, only if they are black though. We can't be having no more white boys on this team. :roll:

I was actually messing with MJ b/c of a question i asked her on the DREADED favre thread you probalby never visit Bossy..

but you gota admit that teams from those kind of conferences produce alot of ballers. Sadly, its possibly b/c of lower academics, weather, hotties, and RECENT traditions

I mean if you're a testaterone-filled 18 year old blue chipper and u visit south bend/iowa/wisco as well as Texas, gators, USC, etc where you going to pick to go if you KNOW you're gonna start regardless?

Maybe harder workers in middle america tho, but u have margaret thatcher-looking broads at age 20 LOL...

Cheesehead Craig
11-17-2009, 01:48 PM

I was actually messing with MJ b/c of a question i asked her on the DREADED favre thread you probalby never visit Bossy..

but you gota admit that teams from those kind of conferences produce alot of ballers. Sadly, its possibly b/c of lower academics, weather, hotties, and RECENT traditions

I mean if you're a testaterone-filled 18 year old blue chipper and u visit south bend/iowa/wisco as well as Texas, gators, USC, etc where you going to pick to go if you KNOW you're gonna start regardless?

Maybe harder workers in middle america tho, but u have margaret thatcher-looking broads at age 20 LOL...

WTF??

Smidgeon
11-17-2009, 01:57 PM

WTF??

I must echo this sentiment.

Bossman641
11-17-2009, 01:57 PM

WTF??

Seconded

Smidgeon
11-17-2009, 01:58 PM

WTF??

Seconded

Don't you mean "thirded"? Hah!

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 02:12 PM
I didnt speak in parables

Better athletes come from conferences like the SEC right?

Look at the rosters..

Freak Out
11-17-2009, 02:18 PM

:lol:

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/gallery/2005/03/23/MargaretThatcher.jpg

Smidgeon
11-17-2009, 02:27 PM

Look at the rosters..

Should I start refering to you as "Jimmy Snyder"?

Maybe "Mobb the Greek"?

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 03:06 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

we are bred better....

Or howard cosell

"look at the little monkey go...."

NUTS

Fritz
11-17-2009, 04:42 PM
The Thatcher reference was hilarious.

I don't think there was an uglier woman who ever walked the face of the earth.

Cheesehead Craig
11-17-2009, 04:48 PM

Look at the rosters..

Per Rivals.com on Yahoo!

DRAFTEES THIS DECADE BY CONFERENCE
1. SEC: 400

2. ACC: 364

3. Big Ten: 351

4. Pac-10: 303

5. Big 12: 284

6. Big East: 147

7. Mountain West: 122

8. C-USA: 107

9. WAC: 84

10. MAC: 67

11. Independents: 43

12. Sun Belt: 29

According to this site: http://statintelligence.blogspot.com/2009/11/research-project-nfl-breakdowns-by.html

This is the avg players per conf school of current NFL rosters as of 11/2
SEC: 23.75
Big 10: 22.00
ACC: 21.8
Pac 10: 19.3
Big 12: 16.7
Big East: 13.6

MJZiggy
11-17-2009, 08:49 PM

WTF??

Seconded

Don't you mean "thirded"? Hah!

Really, Mobb, it just wasn't all that.

SnakeLH2006
11-19-2009, 10:19 PM

To be honset i think the pack needs a few more big black studs at the LB and DE positions to sustain great play in the 3-4.

Does Lexington Steele play football, Mobb? :shock: