PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson to Sign With Cincy

MOBB DEEP
11-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Great move for both sides imo

Does anyone know exactly what gay slur he supposedly used last month?

TennesseePackerBacker
11-16-2009, 12:28 PM

"fag" on 2 different occassions if im not mistaken. A lot of people I talk to think he was saying that to the HC but I heard it was a reporter on his blog or twitter.

KYPack
11-16-2009, 12:32 PM

He tweeted the Eff Ay Gee word and made negative comments about his coach. The FAG comment were about his critics.

It was lame, but I think KC hopped on the PC excuse to unload the contract. If they were winning and he was playing well, the old "heartfelt apology" would have sufficed.

BallHawk
11-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Not to mention that the fanbase had completely turned against him. He was basically a game or two away from breaking the Chiefs all-time rushing record held by Kansas City demigod Priest Holmes. I know there was a petition going around signed by thousands of fans asking management to not let a jackass like LJ break the record. I'm not saying that was a huge reason, but I'm sure it played into it, if only slightly.

hoosier
11-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Marvin Lewis can get away with doing stuff like this when he has his team at 7-2 and just off a sweep of the Steelers. If he had done this last year it would have been a different story. Marvin Lewis is the new Al Davis.

pbmax
11-16-2009, 01:05 PM
1. Ripped coach

2. Called Twitter critics "fags"

3. Called assembled media during locker room access "faggots" as in "No time for you cigarettes."

The perfect trifecta of getting yourself cut or suspended. I wonder if this means CedBen is hurt worse than he is letting on.

Sparkey
11-16-2009, 04:33 PM

"fag" on 2 different occassions if im not mistaken. A lot of people I talk to think he was saying that to the HC but I heard it was a reporter on his blog or twitter.

Whats wrong with a fag here or there http://www.fotosearch.com/bthumb/CSP/CSP003/k0035908.jpg

Partial
11-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Why mess with the mojo. Very dumb imo.

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 10:24 AM

"fag" on 2 different occassions

Thats it??? :roll: ...not cool but really!? Is it THAT serious...on par with the "n" word over the past decade i guess....

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 10:26 AM
3. Called assembled media during locker room access "faggots" as in "No time for you cigarettes."

I dont get the cig reference..someone please xplain

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Marvin Lewis can get away with doing stuff like this when he has his team at 7-2 and just off a sweep of the Steelers. If he had done this last year it would have been a different story. Marvin Lewis is the new Al Davis.

:?: :?: :?:

Coach of the year??

Freak Out
11-17-2009, 11:24 AM

I dont get the cig reference..someone please xplain

Fag is slang for Cig in the British speaking world. Probably came from faggot which is a bundle of sticks?

Zool
11-17-2009, 11:38 AM

Coach of the year??

Sean Peyton and Josh McDaniels might have something to say about that.

Sparkey
11-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Why mess with the mojo. Very dumb imo.

Benson strained a hip flexor.

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 12:51 PM

Coach of the year??

Josh might not make playoffs, sean had decent squad last year, but EVERYONE thought Cincy was a mess the past 2 years...

HILARIOUS avatar Z

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 01:16 PM
they're sayn LJ will be the FOURTH rb on the roster! wow....

Guiness
11-17-2009, 01:47 PM
He might be the 4th LB, but will get the first down carries until Benson comes back, IMO. Scott is a rookie, and they might not trust him, Leonard is the short yardage guy.

just read however that they don't expect him to be active, he'll be on the scout team. Somehow I don't believe that.

As for my feelings on this signing, I think it's a ridiculously stupid one for Cincy. With their history of problematic players, why would they bring a guy in who's gotten himself into this much trouble?????

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 02:20 PM
As for my feelings on this signing, I think it's a ridiculously stupid one for Cincy. With their history of problematic players, why would they bring a guy in who's gotten himself into this much trouble?????

Maybe Marv is gettn ahead of himslef but he probably feels that reigning in LJ cant possibly be as hard as the chris henry/chad's of the world ya know?

maybe Dungy started a trend by befriending Vick da Great, a complete pariah at the time?!

Guiness
11-17-2009, 02:42 PM

Maybe Marv is gettn ahead of himslef but he probably feels that reigning in LJ cant possibly be as hard as the chris henry/chad's of the world ya know?

maybe Dungy started a trend by befriending Vick da Great, a complete pariah at the time?!

Dungy has a lot of karma to spread around. He's more than earned the right to do what he wants, IMO. The only thing I ever didn't like about him was the badmouthing he did of the Packer's fans in defense of the Randy Moss mooning.

If Marv has a big head because he 'reined in' Chris Henry, and thinks he knows it all now, Cincy's little run this year won't go on for long.

Zool
11-17-2009, 02:51 PM

Coach of the year??

Josh might not make playoffs, sean had decent squad last year, but EVERYONE thought Cincy was a mess the past 2 years...

HILARIOUS avatar Z

I think Denver will get it turned around just having a bad stretch. If any team goes undefeated the coach should win it.

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 02:57 PM

Coach of the year??

HILARIOUS avatar Z

I think Denver will get it turned around just having a bad stretch. If any team goes undefeated the coach should win it.

I agree...hard to see Caldwell winning though

Manning might win it... :lol:

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 02:58 PM

oh, i get what u mean

I thought u were talking about the gay thing

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 03:02 PM
The only thing I ever didn't like about him was the badmouthing he did of the Packer's fans in defense of the Randy Moss mooning.

Maybe you heard something I didnt. Did he badmouth Packer fans or point out that it does happen? Serious q

In retrospect, wasnt it hilarious when Moss mimmicked it? I HATED it at the time obviously but if he was a member of MY team i woulda thought it was sweet revenge

MJZiggy
11-17-2009, 08:40 PM

oh, i get what u mean

I thought u were talking about the gay thing

No, we're talking about Marvin LEWIS, not Marvin Gaye (I notice you've misspelled his name too. For shame). :mrgreen:

MOBB DEEP
11-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Isnt life interesting?

Because Benson is still ailing LJ should see significant time vs. the Raiders. Larry has posted his best numbers against Oak and I can see him rushing for over 100

Interesting how ppl sometimes land in a better place after foolishness. From doldrums to possible SB contender after the imaturity

MOBB DEEP
11-20-2009, 06:20 PM
No, we're talking about Marvin LEWIS, not Marvin Gaye (I notice you've misspelled his name too. For shame). :mrgreen:

He he....

MOBB DEEP
11-29-2009, 02:29 PM
wow....Larry Johnson has 90 yards on 18 carries and there's 10 mins remainning in the game

He must be happy as a lark

Bretsky
11-29-2009, 03:02 PM
wow....Larry Johnson has 90 yards on 18 carries and there's 10 mins remainning in the game

He must be happy as a lark

You a LJ fan too ?

He's a bad person :!:

Brandon494
11-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Marvin Lewis is the new Al Davis.

So his starting RB goes down and he goes out and signs a former pro bowl RB for cheap as a 2nd string guy and he is now the new Al Davis? Marvin Lewis prob had the best draft in the NFL this season and Al Davis had the worst by far.