PDA

View Full Version : Niners Week: Practice and Injuries

pbmax
11-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Jenkins and Bishop tweaked their ankles. Kuhn broke his hand. All may miss some practice.

Kampman expected back and expected to start.

Lang staying on right side but will wait for practice to decide between him and Tauscher.

Finley back Wednesday.

Game balls: Barnett, Woodson, Sitton, Havner, Bishop

Nelson challenge. Trying to decide whether to challenge, then it became apparent call might not get it on time, and they would have used a TO anyway. McCarthy called it, in retrospect, not worth risking challenge for the inches.

All from Press Gazette Blog

Fritz
11-16-2009, 01:55 PM
It'll be interesting to see who ends up at RT this week. I know nothing of San Fran's d-line so I don't know what they have lining up across from a RT.

Kampman back - I think they have little choice but to start the guy, though as someone else pointed out his presence may make Capers's play calling a little less creative.

And will Finley have an impact on Sunday? Can he block at all, cuz D. Lee seems to be having some issues both blocking and catching this year.

CaliforniaCheez
11-16-2009, 02:18 PM
I have seen the 49'ers play a few times this season.

Their strength is the defensive fron 7.

On offense they have good RB's in Gore and Coffee.

It may be a low scoring game like the Cowboys game.

The Packers' WR's should be able to get open more. If Rodgers can read the Niner blitez he can have some success.

If the Packers can stop the run Alex Smith should provide a turnover or 2 that will decide the game.

24-16 Packers.

gbgary
11-16-2009, 03:30 PM
i hope to see vernon davis :cry: again this weekend. :D

sharpe1027
11-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Finley back Wednesday.

I think this will really help. I know he isn't yet a proven commodity, but I think he gave Rodgers a much better safety-valve-type option than Lee has.

pbmax
11-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Jennings has a knee contusion as well.

Scott Campbell
11-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Finley back Wednesday.

I think this will really help. I know he isn't yet a proven commodity, but I think he gave Rodgers a much better safety-valve-type option than Lee has.

I'm beginning to wonder if Havner will eat into Lee's time once Finley comes back. The guy is a TD machine.

Brandon494
11-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Finley back Wednesday.

agreed, having him and Nelson back should really help the offense.

MichiganPackerFan
11-17-2009, 09:52 AM
With Veron Davis and Michael Crabtree, we'll see a couple might-have-beens that people were really high on. Will be fun to see how the game goes!

Smidgeon
11-17-2009, 09:54 AM
With Veron Davis and Michael Crabtree, we'll see a couple might-have-beens that people were really high on. Will be fun to see how the game goes!

It will only be fun if they fall on their respective faces. Scratch that--their disrespected faces.

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 09:56 AM

+1

3irty1
11-17-2009, 10:02 AM

+1

I'm not looking forward to seeing either one. VD is more of a still-could-be and Crabtree is a if-he-wants-to-be.

Smidgeon
11-17-2009, 10:06 AM

+1

I'm not looking forward to seeing either one. VD is more of a still-could-be and Crabtree is a if-he-wants-to-be.

I think he was saying they were might-have-been-Packers rather than might-have-been-players.

Fritz
11-17-2009, 12:16 PM
So they run a 3-4 also? And you say the front seven is good, but the backfield not so much?

How's their offensive line?