PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush a Packer in 2010?

Brando19
11-16-2009, 05:17 PM
I don't have the ESPN insider, but the headline said that the Packers are a strong landing spot for Bush in 2010. I, for one, would be thrilled. Bush is a HUUUUUUGE upgrade over Grant. I wonder what kind of contract he would be wanting?

Maxie the Taxi
11-16-2009, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't trade the farm for him. He'd help on punt and kick returns, but I don't know if he really fits our style. Grant looked pretty good yesterday.

Scott Campbell
11-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Reggie Bush is not an every down back. He'd compliment Grant, not replace him.

Lurker64
11-16-2009, 05:43 PM
I'd rather have CJ Spiller, but I suppose Bush wouldn't cost us a draft pick.

Brandon494
11-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Bush is exactly what this team needs, a big time player maker. Bush is that threat out of the backfield we need on passing downs. Would also add to punt/kick returns.

Honestly I don't see the Saints letting him go unless he is demanding too much. C.J. Spiller would also be a great pickup if we had the chance to draft him.

mission
11-16-2009, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't trade the farm for him. He'd help on punt and kick returns, but I don't know if he really fits our style. Grant looked pretty good yesterday.

I'm not really sure our "style" (running wise at least) is the kind that we really need to be modeling anything after.

Grant looked decent but he still doesn't make any plays.

Gotta agree with Lurker, though... CJ Spiller would be bigtime next year.

Bretsky
11-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Bush is better if he stays off the grass

Teams like the Vikes and Colts would be an interesting landing

BallHawk
11-16-2009, 06:40 PM
We almost got him the first time round. :o

The Leaper
11-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Bush would be good to have NOW...not so sure he's the guy you want if you actually get a capable OL. He's a liability between the tackles.

Partial
11-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Ziggy said yesterday that we cannot have separate threads for other players, so please take this elsewhere. I've contacted the admin about creating a not-current-packer thread.

Partial
11-16-2009, 08:51 PM

I'm not really sure our "style" (running wise at least) is the kind that we really need to be modeling anything after.

Grant looked decent but he still doesn't make any plays.

Gotta agree with Lurker, though... CJ Spiller would be bigtime next year.

I don't understand this. I've never seen this cat play, but Wiki tells me he's shorter and skinnier than Bush. At best they'd have equal speed as Bush is like lightning. Bush played much tougher opposition and carried a team in college. What has Spiller done? I just don't see this cat stacking up favorably to Reggie, who was a freak of a prospect.

Bretsky
11-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Ziggy said yesterday that we cannot have separate threads for other players, so please take this elsewhere. I've contacted the admin about creating a not-current-packer thread.

First off, the post is kind of crappy.

Secondly, and I didn't see wherever that was written by ziggy....but I don't think that is a rule and if it was I would not at all agree with it.

Third, IMO a non packer thread would suck. This may be a packer forum but it's also a NFL forum.

Partial
11-16-2009, 08:56 PM

Secondly, and I didn't see wherever that was written by ziggy....but I don't think that is a rule and if it was I would not at all agree with it.

Third, IMO a non packer thread would suck. This may be a packer forum but it's also a NFL forum.

Agreed. Ziggy was outrageous and completely out of line yesterday telling people what and who they can post about.

mission
11-16-2009, 08:57 PM

the thread is about the packers rumored interest in him next year

the packers

get it ???

and get a clue when it comes to cj spiller

Brandon494
11-16-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm not going to copy and paste the article but this guy on a Saints board did.

http://blackandgold.com/saints/22332-market-bush-opens-2010-a.html

mission
11-16-2009, 09:00 PM

Agreed. Ziggy was outrageous and completely out of line yesterday telling people what and who they can post about.

because we felt a thread titled "Brett favre for MVP" had no place here... ???

Brando19
11-16-2009, 09:01 PM

I got a little ticked at Mobb for creating another Brett Favre thread saying he should be MVP. I told him to keep it in his Brett Favre thread HE created. Partial defended Mobb and Ziggy agreed with me. Partial said if that's the case then every non Packer such as Bart Starr should have their own thread (no more than one.) The admin deleted the thread.

Partial
11-16-2009, 09:02 PM

I got a little ticked at Mobb for creating another Brett Favre thread saying he should be MVP. I told him to keep it in his Brett Favre thread HE created. Partial defended Mobb and Ziggy agreed with me. Partial said if that's the case then every non Packer such as Bart Starr should have their own thread (no more than one.) The admin deleted the thread.

I don't see why we cannot post a thread about Brett Favre having a spectacular year, but could for Brady/Manning/Brees/Bush, for example. There is not a difference to me.

Brando19
11-16-2009, 09:02 PM

Thank you, Brandon494!

Brando19
11-16-2009, 09:04 PM

I don't see why we cannot post a thread about Brett Favre having a spectacular year, but could for Brady/Manning/Brees/Bush, for example. There is not a difference to me.

Brett Favre has somewhat divided this forum and Packer nation for that matter. Brady/Manning/Brees/Bush have not. Rarely do they get a thread. Favre, for a long while, took up every single post on this site. That's why...because it causes arguments.

Scott Campbell
11-16-2009, 09:05 PM

Those guys aren't filthy traitors like Favre.

Partial
11-16-2009, 09:06 PM

In your opinion.

Scott Campbell
11-16-2009, 09:10 PM

In your opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMfqS0jt4qY

Bretsky
11-16-2009, 09:11 PM

You are a broken record on this lately IMO; sometimes I think you are attempting to be what Mobb tends to be to those who disagree with you on the matter

Scott Campbell
11-16-2009, 09:15 PM

You are a broken record on this lately IMO; sometimes I think you are attempting to be what Mobb tends to be to those who disagree with you on the matter

Nonetheless, it is the reason so many are sick of the Favre threads. Those other guys aren't hated, and won't draw the criticism.

But it's your right to support Partial in his attempt to bait fights - if that's what you want to do.

Lurker64
11-16-2009, 09:16 PM
I don't understand this. I've never seen this cat play, but Wiki tells me he's shorter and skinnier than Bush. At best they'd have equal speed as Bush is like lightning. Bush played much tougher opposition and carried a team in college. What has Spiller done? I just don't see this cat stacking up favorably to Reggie, who was a freak of a prospect.

Food for thought. Coming into the 2008 draft, Chris Johnson was sometimes described by draft pundits as a "poor man's Reggie Bush" based on the comparison of measurables and the relative qualities of USC versus East Carolina. However, ultimately it would be considered unreasonable praise of Bush to call him a "poor man's Chris Johnson" as Johnson does something in the NFL that Reggie Bush has never done, to wit, "run like a man possessed."

To my eyes, it's a similar story with Spiller. He's fast and shifty, but he plays like a man possessed, contributes mightily in the running game, the passing game, and on special teams and he has carried Clemson more than Reggie Bush ever carried USC (recall that his best USC teams had Matt Leinart, Steve Smith (NYG), LenDale White, and Dwayne Jarret all of whom merited premium picks in the NFL draft; how many offensive players from Clemson this year are going to go in the first three rounds? At most two (WR Jacoby Ford is a borderline third round pick, IMO).)

Bush was a guy who made spectacular plays in college because he was at all times the best athlete on the field. Spiller makes great plays in college not only because he's probably the best athlete on the field, but also because he appears to want it more than anybody else on the field. When bowl season comes around, make sure you catch Clemson's game. I may just be especially high on this guy, but I think Spiller could be special. The only knock on him is that with his size, he's very unlikely to be able to be a workhorse back, though he is solidly built. But hell, we could really use a RB who's at least moderately explosive when he gets the ball. I would say Spiller compares positively to Bush (in college) in terms of his vision, instincts, and patience as a runner (i.e. he sets up his blocks very well). Spiller also breaks a ton of tackles for a guy his size, more than I remember Bush doing (though to be honest, I don't remember too many tacklers being in position to make tackle Bush at all when he was at USC.)

I have a hunch that Thompson may be really high on this guy too. He's scouted Clemson pretty hard over the past 2-3 years and yet never drafted anybody from there (Spiller's a senior).

denverYooper
11-16-2009, 09:17 PM

They have awesome avatars.

gbgary
11-16-2009, 09:20 PM

i agree. if the saints can't figure out what to do with him clueless mm won't either.

Bretsky
11-16-2009, 09:20 PM

Nonetheless, it is the reason so many are sick of the Favre threads. Those other guys aren't hated, and won't draw the criticism.

But it's your right to support Partial in his attempt to bait fights - if that's what you want to do.

First off, I told Partial I think his comments were crappy

Secondly, I didn't see what went down yesterday so I would know enough to support anybody

Thirdly, I would not support the idea of not being able to have a thread on a person, such as Reggie Bush

And Fourth, one could interpret your constant traitor cracks as an attempt to bait as well

Scott Campbell
11-16-2009, 09:21 PM

:clap:

gbgary
11-16-2009, 09:21 PM

:bow:

Scott Campbell
11-16-2009, 09:23 PM

i agree. if the saints can't figure out what to do with him clueless mm won't either.

I think the Saints have it figured out pretty well. He's a great change of pace guy.

The Shadow
11-16-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm pretty lukewarm about Reggie Bush.
I wouldn't give up a great deal for him.

3irty1
11-16-2009, 09:31 PM
I'd like to see how he does in a different offense. I'd get pretty excited about a pickup like that and I think Mike McCarthy would too. He's a versatile weapon.

gbgary
11-16-2009, 09:37 PM

I think the Saints have it figured out pretty well. He's a great change of pace guy.

the key is getting him in space.

(dirk just got the game winner in ot. woo hoo!)

Smidgeon
11-16-2009, 09:39 PM

Food for thought. Coming into the 2008 draft, Chris Johnson was sometimes described by draft pundits as a "poor man's Reggie Bush" based on the comparison of measurables and the relative qualities of USC versus East Carolina. However, ultimately it would be considered unreasonable praise of Bush to call him a "poor man's Chris Johnson" as Johnson does something in the NFL that Reggie Bush has never done, to wit, "run like a man possessed."

To my eyes, it's a similar story with Spiller. He's fast and shifty, but he plays like a man possessed, contributes mightily in the running game, the passing game, and on special teams and he has carried Clemson more than Reggie Bush ever carried USC (recall that his best USC teams had Matt Leinart, Steve Smith (NYG), LenDale White, and Dwayne Jarret all of whom merited premium picks in the NFL draft; how many offensive players from Clemson this year are going to go in the first three rounds? At most two (WR Jacoby Ford is a borderline third round pick, IMO).)

Bush was a guy who made spectacular plays in college because he was at all times the best athlete on the field. Spiller makes great plays in college not only because he's probably the best athlete on the field, but also because he appears to want it more than anybody else on the field. When bowl season comes around, make sure you catch Clemson's game. I may just be especially high on this guy, but I think Spiller could be special. The only knock on him is that with his size, he's very unlikely to be able to be a workhorse back, though he is solidly built. But hell, we could really use a RB who's at least moderately explosive when he gets the ball. I would say Spiller compares positively to Bush (in college) in terms of his vision, instincts, and patience as a runner (i.e. he sets up his blocks very well). Spiller also breaks a ton of tackles for a guy his size, more than I remember Bush doing (though to be honest, I don't remember too many tacklers being in position to make tackle Bush at all when he was at USC.)

I have a hunch that Thompson may be really high on this guy too. He's scouted Clemson pretty hard over the past 2-3 years and yet never drafted anybody from there (Spiller's a senior).

Do you have a guess where Spiller'd go? Since we're going to win the Super Bowl (:mrgreen:), will GB even have a chance at him?

mission
11-16-2009, 09:42 PM

woohoo? really? the mavs?

one of the luckiest roll shots ive seen in recent memory...

gbgary
11-16-2009, 09:44 PM

yup...love the mavs! dirk just admitted it was pretty lucky.

Partial
11-16-2009, 09:51 PM

Good post. I'll be all for an athlete like him, either way. I've been calling for the scat back type guy for a few years now. Recall my affinity for Teddy Ginn and Percy Harvin. We desperately need a star athlete.

mission
11-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Some Spiller highlights... don't know why it says heisman in 2010 since he wont be there but you know about those south carolina guys..... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGdTU4Tiv-o&feature=fvw

Brando19
11-16-2009, 09:58 PM

At least Dallas has something goin' for them this week. 8-)

gbgary
11-16-2009, 10:02 PM

it was great at work today!! wore Packers cap even though i've got an office job.

Brando19
11-16-2009, 10:08 PM

it was great at work today!! wore Packers cap even though i've got an office job.

Haha! I did, too! Two of my coworkers are Dallas Cowboys fans and I had a gooooood day at work today.

MJZiggy
11-16-2009, 10:16 PM
My Packer fan buddy and I weren't depressed. It was a nice shift.

Lurker64
11-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Do you have a guess where Spiller'd go? Since we're going to win the Super Bowl (:mrgreen:), will GB even have a chance at him?

It's hard to tell with RBs, but I'd say probably anywhere between 11 and 30. On one hand, he's probably the best RB in this class by a good margin, and has a chance to be a dynamic playmaker in the NFL (the players in the NFL right now most like him are Chris Johnson, Reggie Bush, and Darren Sproles which is pretty good company.) On the other hand, this is a pretty stacked draft at a lot of positions other than RB, and in these days RBs tend to be not command premium picks except for clear freaks of nature/once a generation prospects. Also, team priorities have a lot to do with who gets drafted. There weren't many people last year who had Beanie Wells below Donald Brown on their RB boards (in fact, many people had Beanie Wells ahead of Moreno); however the Colts needed an RB and they took Donald Brown ahead of Wells because Wells really isn't any good at catching the ball. So this year the question for teams drafting a RB high is going to be "Do I take a dynamic playmaker who won't play every down like Clemson's Spiller or Cal's Best, or do I take a less spectacular back who can carry the load like Georgia Tech's Dwyer or Stanford's Gerhart." Different teams will answer that question differently.

So I guess that's a long way of saying "I don't really know" but unless he wins the Heisman, tears up the senior bowl, and tests ridiculously well at the combine, he probably won't command a super-premium pick so the Packers could have a shot at him.

Lurker64
11-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Some Spiller highlights... don't know why it says heisman in 2010 since he wont be there but you know about those south carolina guys..... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGdTU4Tiv-o&feature=fvw

I think these (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wf0kC-w9lU&#t=0m54s) are better, and not only because the title makes more sense

Badgerinmaine
11-17-2009, 12:12 AM

I always wear green and gold to work the day after a win and worked the final score into lecture whenever I could...But, since I teach in New England, most of my students did not seem to be much in a mood to talk football on Monday :P

MJZiggy
11-17-2009, 06:19 AM
We have a dress code, but it doesn't disallow Packer earrings...

KYPack
11-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Firstly, I too have serious avatar envy.

The best we could challenge 'em with is B's "Bikini Girls".

That NO forum was pretty good.

One poster had a great point. If some low team is gonna grab RB to juice up their PR game, how come NO is 31st in punt returns?

Reggie is a problematical guy. He's a spot guy who seems to tail off a little every year. Was he worth his high draft selection? A few years ago, it was a resounding yes. If that draft was held again, would he even be a top ten pick?

Scott Campbell
11-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Firstly, I too have serious avatar envy.

The best we could challenge 'em with is B's "Bikini Girls".

That NO forum was pretty good.

One poster had a great point. If some low team is gonna grab RB to juice up their PR game, how come NO is 31st in punt returns?

Reggie is a problematical guy. He's a spot guy who seems to tail off a little every year. Was he worth his high draft selection? A few years ago, it was a resounding yes. If that draft was held again, would he even be a top ten pick?

Would he go in the first round?

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 09:09 AM

+1

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 09:11 AM

he he...

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 09:13 AM

because we felt a thread titled "Brett favre for MVP" had no place here... ???

SKIRT

3irty1
11-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Outside of Mario Williams, nobody in the top 10 has really lit the world on fire. Bush could be a 1,000 yard rusher in the right offense and he's as versatile as they come.

Heartbreak of a number 2 overall pick though. There were some amazing athletes in that draft and he was the best of the best.

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 09:26 AM
sometimes I think you are attempting to be what Mobb tends to be to those who disagree with you on the matter

Love Ya B, but thats an insult. I always try to appeal to folks sensibilities when I mention things like its absurd to let posters' thoughts anger you (accept personal insults to a point), take this form of ENTERTAINMENT (forum and pro sports) so seriously, HATE a person u dont even know (favre or any other celeb) SO much, and not be on board with live and let live....personally i LOVE banter b/c im secure in my position and thought process (not to sound arrogant, but no offense to those who have yet to evolve. I prayed on it 2 years ago)

SC on the other hand likes the one-liners that are like daggers for the skirt wearing ppl. I think most things he says are HILARIOUS and have no problem with anyone who opposes my vantage point; unless slavery is brought up! :evil: .....actually dont even care about that

so Take it back..... :D

KYPack
11-17-2009, 09:33 AM
Outside of Mario Williams, nobody in the top 10 has really lit the world on fire. Bush could be a 1,000 yard rusher in the right offense and he's as versatile as they come.

Heartbreak of a number 2 overall pick though. There were some amazing athletes in that draft and he was the best of the best.

I've always felt Haloti Ngata is the best guy in that draft. Houston really lunched up with Williams AND Ryans for their first two picks.

The Ravens are a shadow of their former selves with Ngata out hurt. That guy is like having 12 defenders on the field at all times.

3irty1
11-17-2009, 09:59 AM

I've always felt Haloti Ngata is the best guy in that draft. Houston really lunched up with Williams AND Ryans for their first two picks.

The Ravens are a shadow of their former selves with Ngata out hurt. That guy is like having 12 defenders on the field at all times.

I'd agree with that. Ngata is a monster.

gbgary
12-01-2009, 02:00 PM
reggie bush named one of the top ten busts of this decade...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-10-biggest-NFL-draft-busts-of-the-decade;_ylt=Aj1uNUVqmoN7Z58GbeDF8KNDubYF?urn=nfl,2 05658

discuss further.

SkinBasket
12-01-2009, 02:09 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-10-biggest-NFL-draft-busts-of-the-decade;_ylt=Aj1uNUVqmoN7Z58GbeDF8KNDubYF?urn=nfl,2 05658

discuss further.

Lion WRs at 1 and 10. Feels like you could fill the whole list with them though.

gbgary
12-01-2009, 02:17 PM

discuss further.

Lion WRs at 1 and 10. Feels like you could fill the whole list with them though.

lol...i'd consider roy williams a bust too. he was a first rounder too wasn't he?

Lurker64
12-01-2009, 02:39 PM
It is pretty damning that if you're an offensive skill position player with speed, hands, and change of direction ability and you cannot put up monster numbers in Sean Payton's Saints offense, you're probably not going to put up monster numbers anywhere.

Brandon494
12-01-2009, 04:42 PM
It is pretty damning that if you're an offensive skill position player with speed, hands, and change of direction ability and you cannot put up monster numbers in Sean Payton's Saints offense, you're probably not going to put up monster numbers anywhere.

Brees almost broke the single season yards passing record last season yet did not have ONE reciever that had over 1,000 yards catching. Just because Bush isnt putting up monster numbers doesnt mean he lacks talent to play in the NFL. Dude is by far the best recieving back in the league and I think would honestly make a better WR than RB.

Sparkey
12-01-2009, 05:17 PM

:lol:

rbaloha1
12-01-2009, 06:45 PM
RB would be an outstanding change of pace of back along with a being an excellent return man. Probably enough cap space if AK and DC are not resigned.

mission
12-01-2009, 08:02 PM

Brees almost broke the single season yards passing record last season yet did not have ONE reciever that had over 1,000 yards catching. Just because Bush isnt putting up monster numbers doesnt mean he lacks talent to play in the NFL. Dude is by far the best recieving back in the league and I think would honestly make a better WR than RB.

If Hester can be a "#1 WR" than what does that make RB?

An official waste of a roster space and the biggest bust this side of Dolly Parton?

Hardly.

digitaldean
12-02-2009, 12:08 AM
I think Reggie will definitely be on the market next year, but I wouldn't pay him a ton. His salary goes from 2.5 mil this year to 8 mil in 2010.

Somehow I don't think he's even worth the 2.5 mil. What has he done since his rookie year?

KYPack
12-02-2009, 08:43 AM
I think Reggie will definitely be on the market next year, but I wouldn't pay him a ton. His salary goes from 2.5 mil this year to 8 mil in 2010.

Somehow I don't think he's even worth the 2.5 mil. What has he done since his rookie year?

That is a puzzle. The perfect situation for Bush IS NO and he isn't really lighting things up there.

No way will they pay him 8 mil next season. He needs a San Diego or a similar offense to use his skills. He's kind of a limited guy who does a lot of things, if that's possible.

I used to go nuts when he was proclaimed the "New Gale Sayers". Bush has never been able to operate in the tackle box. Sayers could and that set up the rest of his game. Reggie is a 3rd down and/or a spot guy. Those guys don't get a ton of $.

Fritz
12-02-2009, 10:45 AM

Now you're twisting meanings. This thread about Bush suggests that it might be a good idea for the PACKERS to attempt to acquire his services. It's not an outlandish notion, and it's Packer related.

gbgary
12-02-2009, 02:37 PM
well, since reggie is a bust ( http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-10-biggest-NFL-draft-busts-of-the-decade;_ylt=Aj1uNUVqmoN7Z58GbeDF8KNDubYF?urn=nfl,2 05658) we won't want him...and since Green Bay isn't a desirable location ( http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1163269/index.htm) he won't want to come here. so...i guess we won't need to worry about it. :D

Lurker64
12-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Well, any player who is a bust in everybody's eyes but his own is going to want to play anywhere he can demonstrate to the world that he's not a bust and get paid handsomely for doing it, so I wouldn't rule anything out.

Cheesehead Craig
12-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Watch him go to Detroit.

Brandon494
12-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Watch him go to Detroit.

Prob the Skins

SkinBasket
12-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Watch him go to Detroit.

Prob the Skins

I won't have him.

MJZiggy
12-02-2009, 09:18 PM
No, the ones out here, dear. They'll take anyone and pay him handsomely...

Bretsky
12-02-2009, 09:47 PM
take Bush unless too expensive

Lurker64
12-02-2009, 09:56 PM

I thought you wanted to cut Jarrett...

bobblehead
12-02-2009, 10:09 PM
I do think he would be a good fit though, we need a really good check down back (and screen reciever) and return guy. I do think he helps us more than a lot of teams, but like many said, he probably thinks he deserves a lot more than he does.

Fritz
12-03-2009, 11:58 AM

Is this your general philosophy of life, Bretsky?

gbgary
12-03-2009, 03:37 PM

evidently it's tiger's. :oops:

Brandon494
12-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Watch him go to Detroit.

Prob the Skins

I won't have him.

Judging by your recent avatars I kinda figured you didn't like bush :D

Brandon494
12-03-2009, 03:52 PM

evidently it's tiger's. :oops:

I'm so sick of hearing about Tiger Woods on every channel and radio station. People need to get over it, he did what pretty much every athlete, rock star, or movie star has done but they are just smarter about it. I mean really, your worth over billion dollars and you can't buy a seperate phone and your leaving voice mails and text messages, come on man, rookie mistake. :)

SnakeLH2006
12-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Bottom Line, if Joe Arrigo and Randolph "WERE" right, (they weren't) and is the reason Snake left PackerChatters for PackerRats...Bush would be the ace that TT wanted over Hawk in that draft. He's stated his love for some Reggie Bush in various quotes pre-post-and post-post draft.

LOL, either way, I loved him in college and the dude (despite knee probs) is very explosive. I'd love to solve our PR and KR with him (STUDLY THERE) and bring him split as the 4th wide (insanely good pass-catcher) and turn of pace back for the right price (maybe $6 million tops and he'd be worth it..gamechanger wise on ST and as a passcatcher). No probs there. Sign the bastard, and you know TT has had a hard-on for some Bush. :shock:

Bush is really a top 50 player when healthy in the NFL...given his injuries..he's bound to have a deece rate at FA, but he STILL could explode given he's young and full of talent. I'd sign the guy to rape some ST at PR and KR (he's proven to beast there) and some change of pace at RB/WR. I still don't feel they use him right at NO. We could use some playmakers....Look what Percy Harvin does for Minn.????

Fritz
12-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Bottom Line, if Joe Arrigo and Randolph "WERE" right, (they weren't) and is the reason Snake left PackerChatters for PackerRats...Bush would be the ace that TT wanted over Hawk in that draft. He's stated his love for some Reggie Bush in various quotes pre-post-and post-post draft.

LOL, either way, I loved him in college and the dude (despite knee probs) is very explosive. I'd love to solve our PR and KR with him (STUDLY THERE) and bring him split as the 4th wide (insanely good pass-catcher) and turn of pace back for the right price (maybe $6 million tops and he'd be worth it..gamechanger wise on ST and as a passcatcher). No probs there. Sign the bastard, and you know TT has had a hard-on for some Bush. :shock:

Bush is really a top 50 player when healthy in the NFL...given his injuries..he's bound to have a deece rate at FA, but he STILL could explode given he's young and full of talent. I'd sign the guy to rape some ST at PR and KR (he's proven to beast there) and some change of pace at RB/WR. I still don't feel they use him right at NO. We could use some playmakers....Look what Percy Harvin does for Minn.????

But Snakey, TT is also a faithful kinda guy, and he's already got his bush: Jarrett Bush. He only wants one Bush at a time.

Partial
12-05-2009, 02:31 PM
I would love to see Reggie Bush. I'm a huge fan of his. I would be pretty darn happy with the off-season if they kept Collins and Pickett as well as signing Bush.

I've been calling for an "athlete" for a few years now, from Teddy Ginn, to Harvin. We really need a versatile player that creates match-up problems. Grant isn't a game breaker but he has shown this year that when running angry he can be good enough to rely on to keep the chains moving. Bush could be used as a punt returner (though I think Blackmon is pretty good at this), a receiver, a wildcat QB, in many formations really.

Personally, I'd love to see a formation with three receivers on one side. Jermichael, Bush, Nelson. Sooo much flexibility! I honestly believe that Bush can be a better wideout than Harvin. He's not as fast and a little shorter, but he's built thicker and could be killer on some routes with that agility and stopping ability.

Sign me up. I'll all in for Bush!

Brandon494
12-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Dont see how you think Bush would make a good wildcat QB when we don't run the wildcat nor has he ever run it. I agree he is a game changer that this team could really use.

bobblehead
12-05-2009, 06:36 PM
BUSH IN 2012

gonna be my bumber sticker.

The Shadow
12-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Don't get the fascination with Reggie Bush.

packerbacker1234
12-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Whats all this pub about bush? He's a very minimal factor for the saints, and when all RB's are healthy he barely sees the field.

Why do we all suddenly have a hardon for the kid? He was special in college, but it was White who did all the real work for the trojans, not Bush. Bush just had a lot of flash.

He is a talent, but he wont come here just to play special teams. He wants a shot to start at RB, not become a #4 WR and a king return specialist. He wants to start at his position, and thats not happening with us folks. Grant is a much better RB then Bush has been in the NFL, period.

Also, Green looked pretty good at returns before he pulled a hamstring.

Partial
12-05-2009, 09:01 PM
I don't think he'll start anywhere as a traditional running back. I think you could woo him if you promised him plenty of touches (performance pending, obviously).

I don't think he's consistently a receiver or a back. You've gotta line him up all over the field to create mismatches. He's a faster, slightly bigger, quicker but less tough version of DD. I don't think he has burner speed like Ted Ginn, but he is quick as can be.

I think he'd be a good wild cat direct-snap kind of guy because he is so good in space. The problem with him as a traditional RB is rarely is he going to get the space needed to juke somebody out of their jock when running between the tackles. NFL LB's have too good of closing speed to pitch it outside for him.

I think the key will be lining him out wide and getting him isolated with a CB. If you can get him behind a pick and give him a few feet he'll be able to get some yards.

He's faster, bigger, stronger, more athletic and has better vision and hands than Westbrook of the Eagles. I have little reason to believe that he can't be as successful, if not moreso. I haven't done any thorough analysis or anything like that but I would be interested in a compare and contrast of how the Eagles have used Westie over the past several years in comparison to how the Saints have used Bush. I would think we'd see some pretty big differences. I cannot imagine that they're setting him up for success and he's failing with his athletic ability. I could be wrong, though.

Brando19
12-05-2009, 09:03 PM
I don't think he'll start anywhere as a traditional running back. I think you could woo him if you promised him plenty of touches (performance pending, obviously).

I don't think he's consistently a receiver or a back. You've gotta line him up all over the field to create mismatches. He's a faster, slightly bigger, quicker but less tough version of DD. I don't think he has burner speed like Ted Ginn, but he is quick as can be.

I think he'd be a good wild cat direct-snap kind of guy because he is so good in space. The problem with him as a traditional RB is rarely is he going to get the space needed to juke somebody out of their jock when running between the tackles. NFL LB's have too good of closing speed to pitch it outside for him.

I think the key will be lining him out wide and getting him isolated with a CB. If you can get him behind a pick and give him a few feet he'll be able to get some yards.

Good post. I agree.

Bossman641
12-06-2009, 01:29 AM
No thanks to Bush. If he can't make it on the saints, a team pretty much tailor made for him, he won't make it here.

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 06:25 PM
I never liked Reggie Bush, but his stock went up today.

MOBB DEEP
01-16-2010, 06:44 PM
I never liked Reggie Bush

why?

Tony Oday
01-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I never liked Bush as a number one back but he is DAMN good as a change of pace, returner and reciever! :)

MOBB DEEP
01-16-2010, 08:02 PM
I never liked Bush as a number one back but he is DAMN good as a change of pace, returner and reciever! :)

exaclty...get in where u fit in...

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 08:19 PM

why?

Thought he was overrated. Plus, he gets injured easy. He made me wrong today.

mission
01-16-2010, 08:20 PM

why?

looks like he's put on 20-30 lbs!

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 08:23 PM

why?

I know. Guy's been in the weight room.

MOBB DEEP
01-16-2010, 08:42 PM

why?

I know. Guy's been in the weight room.

or kims pregnant

SnakeLH2006
01-17-2010, 01:10 AM

God bless Partial, but he agreed with Snake on this old thread....and Tony that's all he gonna do given his injury history, but he's a good change of pace speed/juke back that can actually catch a pass (we haven't had that since Ahman in his prime and that really helped pick up first downs as a threat catching the ball as an RB).

As a receiver (he's already had 100 catch seasons) and has great hands. In a West Coast offense we could run various mismatches with Bush and JFinley all over the field by running misdirections, etc. Bush or Finley split out at WR would make the whole offense/run game better as they could make athletic one-on-one plays or demand attention and make Grant more effective with less men in the box.

Bush doesn't have crazy stats in NO cuz he's a rare athletic specimen that demands attention with his explosiveness and makes the other players/QB better as they face 1-on-1's. He's underrated as a decoy, kind of how Randy Moss is in his later years for the Pats (making Wes Welker a star WR).

As far as ST...damn, he singlehandledly wins games at times as a beast returner. Sign Snake up for some Bush. If PackerChatters was right back in the day (2005) when I was there, then TT had a big hard-on for some Bush and almost traded up for him instead of drafting Hawk (sorry, just puked in mouth a bit).

Snake loves some Bush...and with a questionable RB roster, Driver getting older, and Blackmon hurt/Jordy sucking, I'd love him as our returner and to spell those other positions.

Is $6 million or so yearly (Bush is a FA in 2010) that much for a guy that can change a game? I really don't think so. I think he'd excel in our offense (used sparingly given his injury history) as a decoy, change of pace RB, threat at WR, and beast as a PR and KR. Sign the bastard, TT!

I love me some young Bush...

Bretsky
01-17-2010, 08:14 AM
completely agree Snake

Bush would be a great addition; every OC would love to have Bush. He adds a dimension to the game few teams have.

DonHutson
01-17-2010, 09:23 AM
How does a guy with that kind of talent, who can make those kinds of plays, finish with 350 yards rushing and 700 some overall? On a team with a fairly active offensive imagination no less?

If he runs hard, between the tackles, every week maybe he could be an everydown back. But he's never shown that.

If he's going to be a third down back in Green Bay, he'd need to be able to pick up the blitz first and foremost. Otherwise he's just a liability. All the open field skills in the world won't help if he lets Rodgers get creamed. We've already got a third down back that excels at pass blocking and is capable of making plays with the ball.

So unless he commits to doing some of the dirty work, that leaves splitting him out wide and returning kicks, and the occasional gadget play.

While I'm all for adding a RB with playmaking ability, someone will pay Bush more than I'd be willing to offer. By the way, Grant would go straight back to the holdout line if we paid Bush $6 million to be his backup and I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Merlin
01-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Reggie Bush is an electric player but he isn't an every down kind of guy. I would rather we kept Grant and Green than get Bush. Bush just isn't an NFL caliber running back, special teams maybe, situational, sure, replacing Grant OR Green? Not a chance.

DonHutson
01-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Reggie Bush is an electric player but he isn't an every down kind of guy. I would rather we kept Grant and Green than get Bush. Bush just isn't an NFL caliber running back, special teams maybe, situational, sure, replacing Grant OR Green? Not a chance.

And Brandon Jackson has talent as well. The injuries set him back this year, and his opportunities were limited, but he's the most complete back we have running, blocking, and receiving.

If we stumbled across a CJ Spiller or someone else dynamic in the draft, I'd be OK with taking a shot but we have enough other needs (namely a bunch of our own FA linemen on both sides of the ball that I wouldn't spend a lot on any FA RB.

Freak Out
01-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Can you imagine Reggie Bush and Kim Kardashian hanging in GB? :lol:

MJZiggy
01-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Bush was the dude in that video???????

Bretsky
01-20-2010, 10:09 PM

we could hook up with them at the Oval Office

Tyrone Bigguns
01-20-2010, 11:02 PM

Sure. She would fit in. Plenty of chix in GB with fat asses. :lol:

Cleft Crusty
01-21-2010, 12:08 AM

Every once in a while, a fan says something that makes Crusty think the fan is on more prescription meds than Crusty. Any fan who wouldn't replace Ahman Green with Reggie Bush in a heartbeat is out of their gourd.

Gunakor
01-21-2010, 12:16 AM

Every once in a while, a fan says something that makes Crusty think the fan is on more prescription meds than Crusty. Any fan who wouldn't replace Ahman Green with Reggie Bush in a heartbeat is out of their gourd.

At the salary I'd have to pay Bush to play here vs. the salary I'm paying Green right now, I'm not so sure I'd make that change either. For a comparable salary, however, there's no question I would make that change.

Guiness
01-21-2010, 12:42 AM
I think the comment was supposed to simply mean that Bush does not look to be feature back material - 30 carries a game is not for him. Replacing Green with Bush? Of course. But if you wanted to exchange Grant and Green for Bush, you'd have to find another back to put on the roster.

But, the perscription meds could certainly also be an issue.

Zool
01-21-2010, 09:52 AM
I think the comment was supposed to simply mean that Bush does not look to be feature back material - 30 carries a game is not for him. Replacing Green with Bush? Of course. But if you wanted to exchange Grant and Green for Bush, you'd have to find another back to put on the roster.

But, the perscription meds could certainly also be an issue.

The original quote had OR in caps even. I'd make Green pick Bush up at the airport and buy lunch. Green is done. Bush is what Jackson should strive to become.

KYPack
01-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Bush always gives me pause. He's illegal when he on. But he goes long periods of time where he doesn't do squat.

You can't really cover the guy. A brilliant wide running RB and the best pass catching back in the league. Run him between the tackles and he is unproductive and gets dinged. He's ON the best team in the league for his skill sets. He's the kind of FA TT won't touch.

I say all this, but GB would be a pretty good situation for him. MM could craft a whole offense to use him properly. I'd say there is less than a 1% chance you'd ever see him in G&G. That said, the fan in me would like to see it. Just to see what happened.

rbaloha1
01-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Great pick-up. 3rd down back and great return man. Game changer worth the investment.

Freak Out
01-21-2010, 11:38 AM

we could hook up with her at the Oval Office

I'd take a caramel bath to play with that. :twisted:

Freak Out
01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Great pick-up. 3rd down back and great return man. Game changer worth the investment.

No doubt....look at his highlights from the Arizona game....just crazy. He'll never agree to play in GB though.

mmmdk
01-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Never thought I'd say this: I want Bush :lol: He'll get more W's to GB.

Nota Bene; why the current hate on Obama in the US? He didn't screw up America. Picking up the pieces takes time.

Fritz
01-21-2010, 12:24 PM
completely agree Snake

Bush would be a great addition; every OC would love to have Bush. He adds a dimension to the game few teams have.

What if there's an NFL offensive coordinator who is gay?

packerbacker1234
01-21-2010, 08:26 PM
With what Bush has done so far in the playoffs this year, I highly doubt the saints let him go.

MJZiggy
01-21-2010, 08:47 PM
completely agree Snake

What if there's an NFL offensive coordinator who is gay?

Look down.

SnakeLH2006
01-22-2010, 02:03 AM
We've already got a third down back that excels at pass blocking and is capable of making plays with the ball.

Did we sign someone? Regardless, you can't doubt that Bush is one of the top decoys in the NFL, by far....I really feel he makes those other guys make plays in NO (based on his ability to stretch the field). Those decoys are almost as valuable as production...Not to mention the dude is an electric mofo that can take any kick/punt back. For $6 million, it's reasonable, esp. given his upside. Those punt returns/kick returns win games. Blackmon was getting pretty good at it, but he's too hurt to be reliable.

I'd rather "waste" $6 million on Bush putting up "pedestrian" RB numbers, and making EVERYONE (Arod, Grant, Finley) better on O, and proving his merit as a beast returning kicks. For Snake, that is a bargain, as guys who explode making TD's on punt/kick returns win games singlehandedly. I'll take that over Kampy anyday when he wants $6 million with his old, gimpy knees at at out of place position, for example.

There's too much talk about Bush's "production" as he has underwhelmed, but his DECOY ability is where it's at. Don't tell me that D-coordinators don't cringe trying to "contain" Bush, and see some of those subpar (IMO WR's from NO) tear it up. Welcome to NFL football, as very few NFL players have Barry-Deion Sanders ability to win a game on pure athletic ability. Bush does, and makes his team better.

Sign him. Worry about the hurt feelings later about contracts. For ability alone, $6 million is a bargain to tear up ST and decoy at will on O, and prob. have better stats in a pure West-Coast O. His best days are still to come on a new team, IMO.

Gunakor
01-22-2010, 03:25 AM
Both Jackson and Green are good at blitz pickups. Both Jackson and Green are outstanding pass receivers. Neither is great running between the tackles, but then again neither is Bush - and how often are you running between the tackles on 3rd down anyway?

I don't doubt that Bush is one of the NFL's top decoys. But you don't pay 6 million per year to a guy to be a decoy. You don't pay Bush 6 million when Grant is only getting 4. Bush would be best served as a return man on our team, and if the rumors about Cribbs are true and we get him to dress in Green and Gold next season (for substantially less than 6 million dollars) then there's really no justification for brining in Bush at the salary it'll take to get him to want to play here. Honestly, the only way I'd bring Bush in is at Brandon Jackson's salary, because that's how he'll be used. I'd bet good money that he wouldn't touch the ball more than 10 or 15 times a game. 6 million per year is an awful lot of money per touch at that rate.

Weren't you one of the guys bitching about how Ryan Grant is making too much money? How can you bitch about Ryan Grant's 4 million per year and at the same time endorse paying Reggie Bush 6 million?

SnakeLH2006
01-22-2010, 03:34 AM
Weren't you one of the guys bitching about how Ryan Grant is making too much money? How can you bitch about Ryan Grant's 4 million per year and at the same time endorse paying Reggie Bush 6 million?

Get your facts straight, Gun. Grant is now due $6.5 million after his escalator clause for 1250 yards in 2010, not $4 million, not to mention more in incentives. WTF.

At $4 million (don't know where you got that), I got no probs, but $6.5 is a bit for a guy who only declines (age, running style) from here on out (Grant).

I endorse Bush cuz he could exceed his RB totals rushing so far in NO, and maybe get his 100 catches again (he's had that...as Grant couldn't catch a cold at RB). And....he'd be a decoy to make everyone better/and their stats...and be a beast at PR/KR and win some games.

$6 million...no probs for what Bush brings to the table at all....not at all.

Gunakor
01-22-2010, 03:37 AM

Get your facts straight, Gun. Grant is now due $6.5 million after his escalator clause for 1250 yards in 2010, not $4 million, not to mention more in incentives. WTF.

At $4 million (don't know where you got that), I got no probs, but $6.5 is a bit for a guy who only declines (age, running style) from here on out (Grant).

I endorse Bush cuz he could exceed his RB totals rushing so far in NO, and maybe get his 100 catches again (he's had that...as Grant couldn't catch a cold at RB). And....he'd be a decoy to make everyone better/and their stats...and be a beast at PR/KR and win some games.

4 million is/was his base. The incentives he had to earn. What, because he earned those incentives now he's making too much money? That's ridiculous, if you earn your incentives then you deserve the money. 1250 yards is 1250 yards. He did that. Now he's getting paid for that. I still don't see the problem.

SnakeLH2006
01-22-2010, 03:52 AM

4 million is/was his base. The incentives he had to earn. What, because he earned those incentives now he's making too much money? That's ridiculous, if you earn your incentives then you deserve the money. 1250 yards is 1250 yards. He did that. Now he's getting paid for that. I still don't see the problem.

LOL...WTF are you talking about Gun? You said $4 million....I stated he's gonna make a new base of $6.5 plus incentives in 2010 (a base is what you start at in a given year), and you go back and say that is/was a base? What? Defending $4 million (you were wrong) is different than elite money ($6.5 million), yet you go back and talk about $4 million. What? Yeah, he got paid, but your stats are wrong when you talk about it. $4 million....ok deal for Grant...(your stats)...earned incentives...gets $6.5 million which you missed (plus incentives)...whatever I don't like it, but sure would be happy to give Bush $6 million to win some games for us then, regardless.

Gunakor
01-22-2010, 04:12 AM

LOL...WTF are you talking about Gun? You said $4 million....I stated he's gonna make a new base of $6.5 plus incentives in 2010, and you go back and say that is/was a base? What? Defending $4 million (you were wrong) is different than elite money ($6.5 million), yet you go back and talk about $4 million. What? Yeah, he got paid, but your stats are wrong when you talk about it. $4 million....ok deal for Grant...(your stats)...earned incentives...gets $6.5 million which you missed (plus incentives)...whatever I don't like it, but sure would be happy to give Bush $6 million to win some games for us then, regardless.

You're missing the point. He earned his new salary. I don't include his earned incentives because that wasn't the salary he was signed to. He was signed at 4 million per, and earned his way up the pay scale.

Then you go on and talk about other incentives, all which have to be earned on top of what he's already done. If you earn the money, then you deserve it. He EARNED that 6 million. Why do you think its a shitty deal?

It's an incentives based deal. He doesn't produce, he doesn't get the incentives. As it is, he has produced. And I mean TOP TEN production, 2 years in a row. And now he's getting paid.

Answer this question. Why is it you think he's overpaid when he's a top 10 RB in the NFL who has earned every extra dollar on top of his original base salary that he's ever received? Then tell me why you'd give the same salary after incentives that Grant has to Reggie Bush who hasn't earned a goddamn thing.

Grant > Bush.

Grant >>> Bush.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYards/seasontype/2

7. Ryan Grant, RB, Green Bay Packers. 1253 yards, 11 TD's.

49(t). Reggie Bush, RB, New Orleans Saints. 390 yards, 5 TD's.

Black and white Snake. Now why is it that 1253 yards and 11 TD's is undeserving of 6 million dollars while a 390 yard 5 TD decoy should be getting that money?

SnakeLH2006
01-22-2010, 04:32 AM
Contracts aren't ever fair in the NFL. Do I think Grant is deserving of one of the top 5 RB contracts in the NFL. Nope....You know why? Cuz he's not even a top 10 RB you'd want on your team. Did he "earn" his incentives to get paid like a top 5 RB. Sure.

That's not what I'm debating. I don't like Grant. That is established. Is he decent...sure. Did he "earn" his cash. Sure. Is he worth it. Nope.

You are debating fairness in a contract year for one of the top 5 most electric players in the NFL, Reggie Bush.

Would almost any NFL exec give Reggie Bush $6 million yearly. Probably and then some, while they bent over backwards.

Semantics and fairness aside...Bush's value is his upside (Grant has none). He has ability to get 100 catches at RB (UBER rare at RB or any position for that matter). He "could" in a new (West Coast??) scheme excel at RB. He already beasts at ST (PR/KR).

Those are things you pay for. Say Ryan Grant was a FA. I really doubt anyone would offer him a multi-year deal at $6.5 yearly. I bet GM's fall over themselves offering Bush the same money.

It has nothing to do with stats, as it is production/explosion/decoy ability/potential in a new system/pure explosion.....It's not even close. So quit comparing stats (Grant has been solid) to Bush (hurt, but most GM's/fans) are willing to pay for the future. Bush could be a top 5 beast if EVERYTHING WORKED OUT. That's what he's gonna get paid for....at worst...he's a decoy extreme. D's don't worry about Ryan Grant....they worry where Reggie Bush is lining up.

Gunakor
01-22-2010, 04:58 AM
Contracts aren't ever fair in the NFL. Do I think Grant is deserving of one of the top 5 RB contracts in the NFL. Nope....You know why? Cuz he's not even a top 10 RB you'd want on your team. Did he "earn" his incentives to get paid like a top 5 RB. Sure.

That's not what I'm debating. I don't like Grant. That is established. Is he decent...sure. Did he "earn" his cash. Sure. Is he worth it. Nope.

You are debating fairness in a contract year for one of the top 5 most electric players in the NFL, Reggie Bush.

Would almost any NFL exec give Reggie Bush $6 million yearly. Probably and then some, while they bent over backwards.

Semantics and fairness aside...Bush's value is his upside (Grant has none). He has ability to get 100 catches at RB (UBER rare at RB or any position for that matter). He "could" in a new (West Coast??) scheme excel at RB. He already beasts at ST (PR/KR).

Those are things you pay for. Say Ryan Grant was a FA. I really doubt anyone would offer him a multi-year deal at $6.5 yearly. I bet GM's fall over themselves offering Bush the same money.

It has nothing to do with stats, as it is production/explosion/decoy ability/potential in a new system/pure explosion.....It's not even close. So quit comparing stats (Grant has been solid) to Bush (hurt, but most GM's/fans) are willing to pay for the future. Bush could be a top 5 beast if EVERYTHING WORKED OUT. That's what he's gonna get paid for....at worst...he's a decoy extreme. D's don't worry about Ryan Grant....they worry where Reggie Bush is lining up.

I'd love to see some evidence of the bolded portions of this post.

If I were a GM I'd most definitely consider paying a guy who finished in the top 10 in rushing 2 years in a row playing behind one of the worst run blocking lines in football in a pass happy offense 6 million per year. In a heartbeat. You just love to brush aside what Grant has accomplished in 2 and a half years as a Packer, don't you. Getting the job done isn't enough, you have to do it a certain way or you ain't shit. Is that what you're saying?

Grant's upside is that he's a top 10 back in the NFL. He already IS that. Bush's upside is that he might become a top 10 back in the NFL if everything worked out. He MIGHT be that, but only if everything works out. See where I'm going with this? You can argue all you want that Grant doesn't look like a top 10 back whereas Bush does, but the facts speak for themselves.

It is what it is yo. Besides, if you dislike Grant as much as you're letting on, then you must have absolutely HATED Dorsey Levens and Edgar Bennett. Grant > Levens. Grant >> Bennett. Grant >>> Bush.

Fritz
01-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Can we get a crazy-ass kick and punt returner in the draft who stays healthier than Blackmon and has better hands (and is less stupid) than Cory Rodgers?

gbgary
01-22-2010, 07:58 PM

I'd love to see some evidence of the bolded portions of this post.

If I were a GM I'd most definitely consider paying a guy who finished in the top 10 in rushing 2 years in a row playing behind one of the worst run blocking lines in football in a pass happy offense 6 million per year. In a heartbeat. You just love to brush aside what Grant has accomplished in 2 and a half years as a Packer, don't you. Getting the job done isn't enough, you have to do it a certain way or you ain't shit. Is that what you're saying?

Grant's upside is that he's a top 10 back in the NFL. He already IS that. Bush's upside is that he might become a top 10 back in the NFL if everything worked out. He MIGHT be that, but only if everything works out. See where I'm going with this? You can argue all you want that Grant doesn't look like a top 10 back whereas Bush does, but the facts speak for themselves.

It is what it is yo. Besides, if you dislike Grant as much as you're letting on, then you must have absolutely HATED Dorsey Levens and Edgar Bennett. Grant > Levens. Grant >> Bennett. Grant >>> Bush.

i'd agree. as long as bush is in the backfield i don't think teams pay him any mind. if bush came here and got 390 yards rushing we'd all be longing for eddie lee ivory.

SnakeLH2006
01-23-2010, 11:41 PM

Besides, if you dislike Grant as much as you're letting on, then you must have absolutely HATED Dorsey Levens and Edgar Bennett.

Hold up, Gun, buddy. I'm not a Grant fan, but he did better as the season wore on. I don't have a big problem with his money ($6.5 million yearly now with incentives) as he earned it. The debate came up over value. I think Grant's value dissipates (via salary) when he became a top 5 paid RB. I think he has value and earned his incentives, though. He's not terrible and has value for sure, just not worth top five RB money, but argument wasn't over Grant's worth, but Bush's.

My point was I feel Bush is worth $6 million on the FA market as you are looking at him solely as an RB based on production. Sometimes (rare you have a chance to do so...but) you take a flier on an oft-injured player with limitless potential such as Bush. More to the point, my point was Bush is not JUST a RB. His value extends into maybe the top ST KR/PR this side of Joshua Cribbs in the NFL. That is value. Doesn't that waste of a WR named Hester make at least that (I think $8 million yearly) for failing at ST lately and WR? Yep. Bush has far more value than Hester.

I'm not trying to run down Grant (I like him, not just at $6.5 plus incentives). I'm only trying to say Bush is more than an RB. He's basically a change of pace RB, a beast split out (almost a WR who catches everything), and an absolute electric dude at ST (at punt and kick returns). You kept saying RB with stats. I wanna make it clear....Bush at $6 million would be a steal for a guy with his age/explosiveness for a change of pace at RB...split out catching passes on O, not to mention how much better he COULD make Grant, Finley, Jennings, Driver even better with his decoy ability......and then...have proven ability to change a game at ANY point returning kicks.

Grant is fine. At $6 million on the FA market in 2010, Bush is a steal for how much he can affect a game on ST, catching passes all over the field, and spelling Grant...and some decoy ability to lesson double teams on our "stars".

I think you misread/thought what I was saying, as I don't look at Bush as JUST an RB, and that's cool....he's much more. Grant is a MUCH better RB than Bush will EVER be, but Bush brings multi-dimensions to the table (untapped in a West Coast O that might play to his talents, to boot).

BTW, Snake wasn't much of an Edgar Bennett fan, but loved me some Dorsey Levens. He could run the ball and catch it. Haven't seen a GB RB complete like him till we saw Ahman Green in his prime. :D

It's all good though. So take a breath buddy, and keep it on the real:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc-WTIbI8yc :tup:

"Bounce back in, crack that Hen(essey), Im worldwide like a fifth of gin, plus I'm in it to win. Keep it on the real. If you real with me, I'll be real with you...Yeahhhhh."

Great song, sums it up. We are in to win (GB). I'm all about adding some pieces to our good team. Peace brotha. Snake loves his raps and late nite conversations with ya. Hope I cleared it up as far as the Bush/Grant debate....

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2010, 12:36 AM
When Bush has back 2 back good games let's talk.

6 plus million for a decoy. :roll:

Gunakor
01-24-2010, 12:53 AM

Besides, if you dislike Grant as much as you're letting on, then you must have absolutely HATED Dorsey Levens and Edgar Bennett.

Hold up, Gun, buddy. I'm not a Grant fan, but he did better as the season wore on. I don't have a big problem with his money ($6.5 million yearly now with incentives) as he earned it. The debate came up over value. I think Grant's value dissipates (via salary) when he became a top 5 paid RB. I think he has value and earned his incentives, though. He's not terrible and has value for sure, just not worth top five RB money, but argument wasn't over Grant's worth, but Bush's.

My point was I feel Bush is worth $6 million on the FA market as you are looking at him solely as an RB based on production. Sometimes (rare you have a chance to do so...but) you take a flier on an oft-injured player with limitless potential such as Bush. More to the point, my point was Bush is not JUST a RB. His value extends into maybe the top ST KR/PR this side of Joshua Cribbs in the NFL. That is value. Doesn't that waste of a WR named Hester make at least that (I think $8 million yearly) for failing at ST lately and WR? Yep. Bush has far more value than Hester.

I'm not trying to run down Grant (I like him, not just at $6.5 plus incentives). I'm only trying to say Bush is more than an RB. He's basically a change of pace RB, a beast split out (almost a WR who catches everything), and an absolute electric dude at ST (at punt and kick returns). You kept saying RB with stats. I wanna make it clear....Bush at $6 million would be a steal for a guy with his age/explosiveness for a change of pace at RB...split out catching passes on O, not to mention how much better he COULD make Grant, Finley, Jennings, Driver even better with his decoy ability......and then...have proven ability to change a game at ANY point returning kicks.

Grant is fine. At $6 million on the FA market in 2010, Bush is a steal for how much he can affect a game on ST, catching passes all over the field, and spelling Grant...and some decoy ability to lesson double teams on our "stars".

I think you misread/thought what I was saying, as I don't look at Bush as JUST an RB, and that's cool....he's much more. Grant is a MUCH better RB than Bush will EVER be, but Bush brings multi-dimensions to the table (untapped in a West Coast O that might play to his talents, to boot).

BTW, Snake wasn't much of an Edgar Bennett fan, but loved me some Dorsey Levens. He could run the ball and catch it. Haven't seen a GB RB complete like him till we saw Ahman Green in his prime. :D

It's all good though. So take a breath buddy, and keep it on the real:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc-WTIbI8yc :tup:

"Bounce back in, crack that Hen(essey), Im worldwide like a fifth of gin, plus I'm in it to win. Keep it on the real. If you real with me, I'll be real with you...Yeahhhhh."

Great song, sums it up. We are in to win (GB). I'm all about adding some pieces to our good team. Peace brotha. Snake loves his raps and late nite conversations with ya. Hope I cleared it up as far as the Bush/Grant debate....

Fair enough. I disagree, but I see where you're coming from. There's no question Bush can do things Grant cannot.

But, from a purely financial standpoint, I don't want 13+ million dollars tied up at the RB position. Not on a pass happy team such as ours.

SnakeLH2006
01-24-2010, 02:20 AM
]
Fair enough. I disagree, but I see where you're coming from. There's no question Bush can do things Grant cannot.

But, from a purely financial standpoint, I don't want 13+ million dollars tied up at the RB position. Not on a pass happy team such as ours.

I hear ya there...but Bush is much more than an "RB" as he'll catch passes and help out the ST on all returns.

No matter what....I won't respond to Ty, but doesn't it make you sick to see his drivel appear (him and Partial are 1 and 2 in posts as they either post or have posted more than anyone and Snake has been on here for 4 years almost)...like it does. I'd LOVE to just have a late nite conversation without his UGLY head arriving. No? Gun, me and you have had some good late nite conversations.....sux having Ty interject some BS.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2010, 02:40 AM
You can. It is called PM. Learn it, love it, use it.

pbmax
01-24-2010, 09:51 AM
EDIT: Please read again, major miscalculation on my part in orig post.

Grant's has a $4.5 million salary as a base in 2010 (It was a base of $3 mil plus the $1.5 mil of yardage bonus). There are no more incentives for him to earn for that year other than a Pro Bowl bonus.

But he does get more money. He receives a $1.25 mil roster bonus in March 2010 and another $ 500,000 on a per game basis during the 2010 season (if he is active in a game, he gets 1/16th of the 500 G). His total take for 2010 would be $6.25 million if he can stay healthy and if he is not replaced by Bush :lol:

In 2011, he can earn no further yearly yardage incentives and his pay drops to $5.75 million. This is all cash he receives in a given year and does not reflect the cap value or the cost of releasing him. He has essentially taken his 4 year $20 mil deal and turned it into 4 years, $22 million if he has been active for every game. He could get $750,000 more if he gets his workout bonus for each year in 09, 10, and 11.

pbmax
01-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Whoops, forgot two parts. He has run for 2,452 yards under the deal. If he hits 3,600 or above, he can earn an additional $2-4 million at the end of his last season. 3,600-4,100 gets him $2 mil, 4,100 and above gets him $4 mil at the end of 2011.

He also can earn a 15000/50000 bonus if he is top ten in the NFC/top five in NFC in any year. He has to have hit the lower number.

He also gets 250000 for a Pro Bowl berth.

With another year like this one, he will hit the $2 mil bonus level with one more year remaining. So while he has turned this deal into 4 years and $22 mil, he will likely hit 4 years, $24 mil and have a good shot at 4/$26 mil.

Brandon494
01-24-2010, 11:44 AM

Saints have way too many weapons on that team. I think Bush would put up better numbers in GB. He would be perfect in our offense as a 3rd down back and a good slot reciever in the WC offense. Also would give us one of the best return men in the league. He might not be worth 6M but he is far from a decoy. He'll never end up in Green Bay though, watch him to go to the Skins.

b bulldog
01-24-2010, 08:05 PM
no thanks

mission
01-24-2010, 08:58 PM
bad game lets him come cheaper...

b bulldog
01-24-2010, 09:27 PM
One good game in his career or the last couple seasons?? Guy is finese and a fumbler

gbgary
01-24-2010, 09:44 PM
7 rushes for 8 yards...2 catches for 33...1 fumble...1 td.

Kiwon
01-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Take his free agent money and sign two other players that are just as good.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-25-2010, 12:10 AM

Saints have way too many weapons on that team. I think Bush would put up better numbers in GB. He would be perfect in our offense as a 3rd down back and a good slot reciever in the WC offense. Also would give us one of the best return men in the league. He might not be worth 6M but he is far from a decoy. He'll never end up in Green Bay though, watch him to go to the Skins.

Ty didn't call him a decoy...snake did.

Way to many weapons? Seriously? Not when he arrived. They don't have a great back..and they hardly have more weapons than the pack.

Bush is a guy ty loved in college. But, as this game proved, once again, Bush has never shown any sort of sustained success.

Ty asked about 2 games in a row. Hasn't happened yet.