PDA

View Full Version : How do you watch your Packer Game

BallHawk
07-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Just curious to see how everybody watches the Pack

Rastak
07-27-2006, 08:20 PM

I watch them whenever the Vikes aren't playing. I just got Vike season tickets so with the live games I won't be seeing too many this year I think.

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-27-2006, 08:26 PM

I watch them whenever the Vikes aren't playing. I just got Vike season tickets so with the live games I won't be seeing too many this year I think.

Why did you get viking season tickets? :?

BallHawk
07-27-2006, 08:42 PM

Stuck in the Metrodome for 4 hours every week. You poor, poor man. My Prayers will be with you.

BallHawk
07-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Myself, here is my lineup.

Televised game- At my house with my Family, Pizza Hut and Mountain Dew.

Non Televised Games- Bars. I love bars (as I stated in another one of my posts) so I try to go to a lot of them. My favorite is probably Spectators, though. Best personal pizzas ever!

I'm going to the Dolphins/Packers game in Miami, in Week 7. That will be my first regular season football game ever. I went to a pre-season game against the Broncos at Camp Randall, when I lived in Wisconsin. Ok, I'm gonna stop writing now 'cuz I'm getting homesick.

MadtownPacker
07-27-2006, 08:53 PM
GotNo choice, DTV. But after having it for years I would get it even if I could see Packer games for free cuz it is just that sweet. Always nice to watch the Pack close out a game then change the station and see a minnesota meltdown.

Rastak
07-27-2006, 09:00 PM

I am the resident Viking fan and have been ( a fan) since the late 60's. Hence my title that Madtown bestowed upon me, Troll Rat. But I really try not to troll, I like talking football with you Pack fans.

oregonpackfan
07-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Several ex-Wisconsinites watch them at a friends house when the Packers are on national TV. If the games are not televised, we head to the Corbet Fish House in Portland. The owner is a former Green Bay resident who has Packer and Wisconsin memorabilia splattered all over the walls.

Many of us call each other by our former Wisconsin city residences, "Hey, Whitefish Bay, Wausau, Janesville, Rice Lake, Beaver Dam, how are ya doin'?"

Oregonpackfan

BallHawk
07-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Many of us call each other by our former Wisconsin city residences, "Hey, Whitefish Bay, Wausau, Janesville, Rice Lake, Beaver Dam, how are ya doin'?"

Oregonpackfan

Ah, Whitefish Bay, some many good memories. Man, I wished I still lived there.

BallHawk
07-27-2006, 09:06 PM
I am the resident Viking fan and have been ( a fan) since the late 60's. Hence my title that Madtown bestowed upon me, Troll Rat. But I really try not to troll, I like talking football with you Pack fans.

Nobody here thinks you a troll. You're a knowledgeble football fan, who just happens to be on the wrong side. That's OK though, we're working on you slowly over the course of time.

Fosco33
07-27-2006, 09:13 PM
I watch Badger games at Bars and used to find the local Packer bar but I much prefer to hear the commentators or tune into AM620 online and really follow the game at home - plus I'm paying for the Ticket so might as well use it. I generally have some friends over, bbq, beer, smoke....

I love Sundays in the fall - favorite 17 weeks of the year (or ideally 22 weeks :mrgreen: )

Rastak
07-27-2006, 09:16 PM

Nobody here thinks you a troll. You're a knowledgeble football fan, who just happens to be on the wrong side. That's OK though, we're working on you slowly over the course of time.

Thanks Ballhawk, it's gonna take more time than I have left on the earth though I think!

:cool:

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-27-2006, 09:19 PM

Thanks Ballhawk, it's gonna take more time than I have left on the earth though I think!

Well what do you know, a viking fan whos not a complete ass. Refreshing

MadtownPacker
07-27-2006, 09:23 PM

I dont know, I think another 1998 or two might take care of it. :mrgreen:

Willard
07-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Myself, here is my lineup.

Bars. I love bars (as I stated in another one of my posts) so I try to go to a lot of them.

I have lived in several cities (NYC, Den, LA, SF) since leaving WI 20 years ago and I love a good sports bar on an Autumn Sunday. I have always been able to find Packer fans everywhere. The only challenge is showing up with enough fellow fans to convince the bar to turn up the volume on the Packer game. Being in a good bar where 6 games are being watched by fans from all over the country is a good time.

One cool thing about the Left Coast is the game starts at 10am. The best bars will have a great breakfast spread and I've taught many a west coast bartender how to mix a real Bloody Mary (spare the celery, give me a pickel). I can catch my team, slop down some good bar grub, throw back a bloody, and a couple of beers, and hit the CA sunshine by 1:30pm.

I guess I am looking forward to the season! :smile:

GBRulz
07-27-2006, 10:03 PM

He got them for free. Surely nobody in their right mind actually pays to attend games at that dump they call a stadium.... :wink:

GBRulz
07-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Well what do you know, a viking fan whos not a complete ass. Refreshing

Yes, Rastak is a nice guy.... which is why I think he's a closet Packer fan. :wink:

woodbuck27
07-27-2006, 10:08 PM

Proper respose Rastak. :mrgreen:

Your a DAM FINE part of OUR Forum. I always enjoy your perspective.

Bring back " the Black and Blue ".

GBRulz
07-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Anyhow... I go to 2-3 games a year, that's enough for me. To be honest, I prefer to watch them on TV because I can follow the game better. However, the trade off is that there is nothing like the atmosphere at Lambeau.

otherwise it's always a group of us getting together somewhere. Sometimes we'll tailgate, but then just go to a bar around the stadium to watch it. That's actually my fave thing to do.

HarveyWallbangers
07-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Man, it would be nice to go to Lambeau so often that you take it for granted and really would prefer to watch the games on TV.
:mrgreen:

Oscar
07-27-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm a Sunday Ticket guy. Have been for several years now. I live in Chiefs country and would just as soon take a beating than sit through one of there games. Well, unless I'm watching the Pack kick there ass.. LOL. But I will say that when the Pack ain't playing, the Sunday Ticket makes for some big time channel changing. Nothing like watching 5 games at once. :smile: But when the Packers come on the channel changing stops.

GBRulz
07-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Man, it would be nice to go to Lambeau so often that you take it for granted and really would prefer to watch the games on TV.

ya got me there, harv.... although i'd say it's about half taking it for granted and the other half of not wanting to fork out $150 for each game. By the time you buy your ticket, pay for parking, tailgating supplies and beer inside the stadium...yeah..$150 easily.

By the way, do I need to reserve a spot for you to tailgate with us during the AZ game?? We always tailgate in the Sideline Sports bar lot. Close to the stadium, but also since I live on that side, it's easier to get home from there.

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-27-2006, 10:48 PM

You said it. I have never been to Lambeau. :evil:

Harlan Huckleby
07-27-2006, 10:51 PM
I watch the games naked, except for my packer football helmet and cleats.

HarveyWallbangers
07-27-2006, 10:51 PM
By the way, do I need to reserve a spot for you to tailgate with us during the AZ game?? We always tailgate in the Sideline Sports bar lot. Close to the stadium, but also since I live on that side, it's easier to get home from there.

Definitely, I'm holding you to this. It would be cool to have a group meet up the night before the game. I've tried to hit the local establishments (e.g. holes in the wall), but I really don't know where to go.

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-27-2006, 11:20 PM

Do you go and play outside during halftime :?:

Harlan Huckleby
07-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Do you go and play outside during halftime :?:

No, I go inside and get a beer out of fridge at halftime.

Patler
07-28-2006, 12:20 AM
I just got Vike season tickets so with the live games I won't be seeing too many this year I think.

How long is the waiting list for Viking season tickets?
I heard it was up to almost a week!!! :mrgreen:

bbbffl66
07-28-2006, 12:00 PM
I really liked listening to the radio guys, but with my dish the gap between the tv and the radio is unbearable. Anyone else be able to live without Bill Maas and Sam Rosen?

bbbffl66
07-28-2006, 12:00 PM
I really liked listening to the radio guys, but with my dish the gap between the tv and the radio is unbearable. Anyone else be able to live without Bill Maas and Sam Rosen?

Fosco33
07-28-2006, 12:09 PM

Very true - I usually only go for the radio when the TV announcers are pissing me off. It's odd though, I'm on an East Coast feed even though I'm on the Left Coast and the cable beats the satelite signal.

What pisses me off more, I'll call my Sconie buddies during the game (taboo for some, we love discussing the game or bitching) - well they're always 3-4 seconds ahead. I learned off some of the losses before they happened last year :mad:

Oh well.

CaptainKickass
07-28-2006, 12:59 PM
I chose Sunday ticket in the poll because that's how the bars out here televise the Pack. I can find a Pack - friendly bar in every major city and even some not so major ones. There's a resource on packers.com for finding them.

This year I am forking out the $$$ for the Direct TV so I can have the game at home and save the cash I would have spent at the bar. (I did the math and I'll actually save about 9 bucks per game)

I am also on the "Left Coast" so 10am is pretty early but there are several bars that open early and have the brekfast buffet/Bloody Mary's etc. It makes for a good time when visitors come out from the homeland. Last year My sister flew out from Milwaukee and we went to the 10am "Church" service (I don't go to actual church as I worship football). She couldn't believe how many Pack fans were there. It almost felt like we were back in WI.

RIPackerFan
07-28-2006, 01:36 PM
I tried to get DirectTV - but to get reception, the technician stated I had to cut down about 3 -4 trees (which were on my neighbors property). Since I live in the middle of nowhere - bars aren't really an option.

So I ended up getting Sirius, which plays the local broadcast of each NFL team. I mute the TV during some other game being televised (thus, if there are any big plays by the Packers, I can see them on the "updates") and listen to the local guys call the game.

Its cool to listen to Wayne & other homers, but I miss the WI gamedays.

BooHoo
07-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Only have been able to watch the nationally televised games. Listen to the games via 620AM. I can hear the station in my car and the radio in my garage. Moving back to the U.P. late next month so I will be able to watch all of the games on local channel.

AtlPackFan
07-28-2006, 08:47 PM
DirecTV since 1995. It was a prerequisite of my agreeing to our move Hellanta! I think I had a dish the first year or so they were out...11 years now.

AtlPackFan
07-28-2006, 08:48 PM

:shock:

BallHawk
07-28-2006, 08:51 PM

I was laughing for about 2 minutes after that. Then I visualized it and stopped. :shock:

AtlPackFan
07-28-2006, 08:52 PM

Ras, I don't post much but I read alot and your posts are always extremely insightful. I didn't know there was such a thing as a smart Vikings fan but I guess your the exception to the rule! :wink:

BooHoo
07-29-2006, 12:07 PM

Ras, I don't post much but I read alot and your posts are always extremely insightful. I didn't know there was such a thing as a smart Vikings fan but I guess your the exception to the rule! :wink:

I found always found Rastak to be insightful. His comments are appreciated.