PDA

View Full Version : BRETSKY'S 10 BABBLIN THOUGHTS FROM BEING AT LAMBEAU

Bretsky
11-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Sat on about the 30 yard line half way up and really took notice of some things yesterday; thought I'd share them to see if those there and not there agree

1. AL HARRIS is a stellar team leader. More than the past, I saw Al pumping his fists after any solid Defensive play and trying to fire his troops up play after play. He's still a very solid player for us; he's going to be around for a while still unless TTT loses his marbles

2. Woodsen--Just a stud. Intense, nice on the blitzes and even rolled to safety for a few plays. He disguises that blitz better than the rest of the secondary when they are sent. He's in that mode where he just wants to win a title. He knows his time is winding down and the dude just wants to have the players to win it all.

3. Clay Matthews at worst will be solid and he may be a future star. As a pass rusher he's relentless, and he's a solid tackler. I thought TT gave up too much to move there; I was wrong.

4. Josh Sitton is the one guy on the OL I really believe in. I definitely like Lang as well but need to watch him play a bit more. But even in the win, that OL needs a ton of help as far as upgrading the talent there.

5. AROD was impressive; with a lot of pressure he still didn't make any bad mistakes. The one poor play he made was missing what appeared to be a wide open Driver crossing the middle; Driver looked like he had a TD if that pass was on. But it's hard for a QB to get in rhythym when he's constantly getting the crap pounded out of him

6. MM ran more plays with max protect yesterday than he has in the past. That makes the offense less than explosive. There were times when the TE rotated right into the middle where the blitz was coming and the ambush still came. Also, MM had these guys ready to play today. They were fired up from the first snap and played like it was their playoffs. He's not a top tier coach, but he's not that bad either. IMO he's our PR crowd has been too rough on the coaches and too soft with the GM.

7. I'm disappointed at our WR's not getting enough separation. They are not getting open enough, simply put. A number of times they were all very easy to view from the stands as there were three guys going out on coverage with four defenders covering them. Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson.....just didn't get open nearly enough. And this was not against great CB's. My gut tells me it was the same against Tampa Bay. These guys, especially Jennings, needs to step up his game.

8. This team badly missed Jermichael Finley. Their other TE's rarely gets open as well. Donald Lee is just a guy. OK at everything but above average at little. Havner can get open in space or find his spot in a zone; he's a good spot player. But this teams needs a productive Finley for the rest of the year. The attention he receives will help the offense as well as the WR's

9. The more I watch Nick Barnett in person, the more I like him. He's a fiery guy that pumps up the defense and crowd. He's really into the game, focused, and aggressive. This is year one back from a torn ACL. He's getting better with time and reality is he will not be 100% til next year. He's a keeper

10. Bretsky was disappointed with the number of Dallas Cowboy fans at the game. Heard the Cowboys travel well but I'm just surprise how many Pack fans would get rid of those tickets to such a key game. Bretsky was in prime form aided by a bit of partying the four hours before the game.

Bretsky taunted the Cowboy fans in his section for a while they dished it back but in the end they gave up. Bretsky let them know their team was much more interesting when Jessica Simpson was in the luxury boxes !

gbgary
11-16-2009, 08:58 PM
agree with most everything you noticed.

point 7 though...teams know we're going to max protect, if they're going to constantly blitz, so they'll sit on all the short routes. getting separation is going to be difficult. once in a while we're going to have to pump fake and go deep.

digitaldean
11-16-2009, 09:01 PM
So did the 4 hours of partying include burning the "rally chair" in the Lambeau parking lot before the game??? :lol:

That HAD to be the reason we won....

Agree with your points, just would like to add a few more.

Cullen Jenkins, that guy was chasing down plays like crazy yesterday. Best example was a screen pass he defended. A Dallas player (not sure who) got a screen from Romo. Jenkins, instead of being suckered in by the screen made a b-line for the receiver and made a shoestring tackle. That play saved at least 10-15 yards.

I think with the D yesterday, we got a glimpse of what they can do without Kampy in coverage. I don't know what you can do with Kampman since he lost a lot of weight to be an LB. He is good with his hand in the dirt, but that lost weight means a lot against 300+ O-linemen.

Finally, I was shocked to see Wadey Boy only run the ball 14 times yesterday. I thought for sure Barber or Choice would have gashed us, especially with it being a close game.

Bretsky
11-16-2009, 09:13 PM
One more thought; we need to assign somebody to track down the bikini girls and see where in the hell they are !

Did Ted Thompson let the Bikini Girls know they were no longer welcome ?

I feel the need to blame somebody

BRING BACK THE BIKINIS !!!!!

MJZiggy
11-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Maybe they got cold? Bikinis and Wisco not a good combination.

Bretsky
11-16-2009, 09:23 PM
There is money to be made with primo Bikini Girls, and they'd need an agent.

Perhaps I've found a new venture

1. Find Bikini Girls
2. Promte Bikini Girls
3. Make them permanent fixtures at Lambeau
4. Hook them up on gigs everywhere

Iron Mike
11-16-2009, 09:32 PM

1. Collect Bikini Girls
2. ?
3. Profit

Fixed. :P

Bossman641
11-16-2009, 09:50 PM
I actually didn't think there were that many Cowboy fans there. Maybe that is because the past couple games I've been at were against the Steelers and Vikings, so it seemed small by comparison. I had one Cowboy fan in my section wearing a huge 10 gallon hat, but that was it.

gex
11-16-2009, 11:41 PM

1. Collect Bikini Girls
2. ?
3. Profit

Fixed. :P

aaahhh!!! Underwear gnomes aaaahhh!!!

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 09:55 AM
9. The more I watch Nick Barnett in person, the more I like him. He's a fiery guy that pumps up the defense and crowd. He's really into the game, focused, and aggressive. This is year one back from a torn ACL. He's getting better with time and reality is he will not be 100% til next year. He's a keeper

this is COMPLETELY shocking! Are u sure u didnt have beer goggles on? I refuse to believe he's more than a rah-rah guy trying to make up for his inadequacies on the field. But i guess if you're drunk and a member of your fav team is all amped up and would be a great sight....Doesnt seem to have "it" in spite of nice physique. But i havnt seen him in person; and i rarely drink... :lol: