PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Packers @ 49ers game on NFLN tonite!

MOBB DEEP
11-20-2009, 08:54 AM
At 8pm est

And re-airing at 1am and 2pm tommorow...

Enjoy

Brandon494
11-20-2009, 09:07 AM
fuck that game!

RICE FUMBLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

bobblehead
11-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Yea, they are breaking out all the games where refs fucked us....anyone catch the 1994 Dallas replay last week?

How many times can Michael Irvin crawl up Doug Evans back and get a PI call anyway...3 big ones by my count (3 seperate games, all at crucial times). All 3 should have been called on Irvin no less.

mraynrand
11-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Fuck Rice.

Fuck Irvin

Fuck the goddamn anti-American refs who screwed the Packers in S.F. If the Packers had won that game, they had a straight shot to a superbowl victory and a 16-0 1999 season!

mraynrand
11-20-2009, 10:32 AM
FUCK THE NFLN! There are so many games where the Packers punked the shit outta the Niners and they got to pick that fucking bogus fraudulent disgusting piece of steaming shit game to broadcast. Fuck them.

red
11-20-2009, 10:53 AM
fuck that game!

RICE FUMBLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

YES HE DID

FUCK that game, and TO

TravisWilliams23
11-20-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm glad I don't get the NFL network at my
cable company!!

What Packer fan in their right mind would watch that
filthy friggin replay?

I'd rather spend time with my inlaws! :lol:

Smidgeon
11-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Sometimes I'd like to see and old game rebroadcast with live announcers. I think it'd be interesting to see and hear how opinion has changed or rules have changed since the game originally played. To just have two people sit down and talk over the game like they do live: talk about the plays, what they're trying to do schematically, etc. They could even talk about those replays and how rules have changed: "Yeah, despite this being called down by contact, in today's game it would have been challenged in instant replay and overturned due to a fumble."

Yeah, it's revisionist history, but it'd be fascinating...at least to me.

mraynrand
11-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Sometimes I'd like to see and old game rebroadcast with live announcers. I think it'd be interesting to see and hear how opinion has changed or rules have changed since the game originally played. To just have two people sit down and talk over the game like they do live: talk about the plays, what they're trying to do schematically, etc. They could even talk about those replays and how rules have changed: "Yeah, despite this being called down by contact, in today's game it would have been challenged in instant replay and overturned due to a fumble."

Yeah, it's revisionist history, but it'd be fascinating...at least to me.

John Madden: "Hey Pat, do you know what flows into the Bay of Green Bay?"
Pat Summerall "Water"
John "Well, yeah, I know that. It's the FOX river."
Pat "Well, Pat, that's ironic because we are on the FOX network."
John "Yes."
Pat "It's 40-30 here at the USTA Tennis Center in Flushing Meadows, New York."

Guiness
11-20-2009, 02:14 PM
That play goes down as one of my most hated Packer memories. Rice got the 'superstar' treatment on that one. I remember at the time thinking it was an awful lot like the way Jordan was treated when he drove to the basket.

TO's improbable catch, and holding on to the ball was, after all, a play. Even 4th and 26 happened on the field. The players played, and that was the outcome.

About the only NFL play that I can say approximates that one is the one that probably finally got instant replay into the NFL, Testaverde's (in)famous helmet TD against Seattle.

channtheman
11-20-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm convinced the fuckers who run that network hate the Packers. The 3 games they show with the Packers: Super Bowl XXXII, The Catch II, and the shitty Dallas NFC Championship game. Why don't they ever show Super Bowl XXXI?

Bossman641
11-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Fuckin game still makes me furious

Bretsky
11-20-2009, 10:05 PM
JUST WATCHED THE DAM ENDING

Madden: "Well there's going to be one more vote for Instant Replay next year ""

pbmax
11-20-2009, 11:15 PM
That frustration doesn't even touch the joy of seeing Wayne Simmons lay waste to Brent Jones and Adam Walker (fullback who fumbled) in the San Fran playoff game from the 95 season. Best time I have ever had watching a game. Simmons was a beast and San Fran didn't know what to do.

I'll never know how Jay Novacek got past him.

Bossman641
11-21-2009, 11:02 AM
That frustration doesn't even touch the joy of seeing Wayne Simmons lay waste to Brent Jones and Adam Walker (fullback who fumbled) in the San Fran playoff game from the 95 season. Best time I have ever had watching a game. Simmons was a beast and San Fran didn't know what to do.

Didn't Simmons pretty much beat the shit out of Jones at the LOS in this game?

mraynrand
11-21-2009, 11:14 AM

I'll post a vid of Simmons tossing a Viking running back from '96. It's vintage Simmons. Damn he was a badass lunatic.