PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre: History’s Greatest Monster

mraynrand
11-20-2009, 02:01 PM
http://americasfuture.org/conventionalfolly/2009/11/20/brett-favre-historys-greatest-monster/

"The Iraqis are using Brett Favre to taunt American soldiers. Goddddddammit.

According to a military official, detainees at a Wisconsin National Guard camp in Iraq are using Brett Favre as a manner of getting at the guard troops there.

“They know Favre by name,” said First Lieutenant Tim Boehnen, who is from New Richmond, Wis.

“One of the big words they know now is shenanigan. They’ll constantly talk about ‘Favre shenanigans,’ ‘He’s so good for the Vikings,’ and ‘The Packers have got to really feel bad about that one.’ “

You’re taunting Wisconsinites about Brett Favre? Break out the waterboard and the punishment boxes. Geneva ain’t gonna save you now. Where’s Lynndie England when we really need her?"

Scott Campbell
11-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Apparently the terrorists aren't familiar with Favre's shoe-bomber like late season effectiveness these past few years.

mngolf19
11-20-2009, 02:40 PM
More Viking fans. :lol:

gex
11-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Just because you neo-cons chased everyone outta the fyi room doesn't mean you can post this shit in the football section.
A thread with Favre and a politically charged subject on a Packers board :oops:

MadtownPacker
11-20-2009, 06:58 PM
So which one is going to be the thread about this you soggy saltines?

Freak Out
11-20-2009, 07:01 PM
So which one is going to be the thread about this you soggy saltines?

"soggy saltines"......damn...it's getting nasty in here.

mraynrand
11-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Word out of Iraq is that the WI national guard is torturing the Iraqis with tapes of Favre's last decade of playoff meltdowns.

Rastak
11-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Word out of Iraq is that the WI national guard is torturing the Iraqis with tapes of Favre's last decade of playoff meltdowns.

Hope they aren't destroying this year's masterpieces.

mraynrand
11-20-2009, 09:04 PM

The season is only half over. The Favre swoon is yet to come.

Brrrrrrr......I'm COLD!!!!

http://graphics2.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/rev/dec04/10_1219.jpg

Rastak
11-20-2009, 09:08 PM
[quote=mraynrand]Word out of Iraq is that the WI national guard is torturing the Iraqis with tapes of Favre's last decade of playoff meltdowns.

a) It's more than half over.
b) It's likely 70 in every playoff game.

HowardRoark
11-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Start showing those neo-Favre lovers this picture.....Amnesty International should really be pulled into the situation if this happens.

http://archive.profootballtalk.com/FavreThrow.jpg

mraynrand
11-20-2009, 10:18 PM
[quote=mraynrand]Word out of Iraq is that the WI national guard is torturing the Iraqis with tapes of Favre's last decade of playoff meltdowns.

a) yes 7 is less than 8 by one
b) Favre lost a lot of warm weather playoff games too. Three in Dallas, One in St. Louis, one in San Diego, one in San Fran (he lost the game away before T.O. bailed him out with a dropped pass).
c) Some defense is going to figure out that there is a frail 40 year-old behind center in MN and pound the shit out of that old corpse before the year is out. Hopefully it will be the Packers in the Divisional round.

Rastak
11-20-2009, 10:21 PM

b) Favre lost a lot of warm weather playoff games too. Three in Dallas, One in St. Louis, one in San Diego, one in San Fran (he lost the game away before T.O. bailed him out with a dropped pass).
c) Some defense is going to figure out that there is a frail 40 year-old behind center in MN and pound the shit out of that old corpse before the year is out. Hopefully it will be the Packers in the Divisional round.

Keep hoping.

edit:

To be honest, if teams are just now figuring out that the dude is 40 and they should pound his ass then they are all morons.

Give it some thought.

Think about it.

Do you think you are the first guy to come up with that idea?

pbmax
11-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Start showing those neo-Favre lovers this picture.....Amnesty International should really be pulled into the situation if this happens.

What are those Green lineman doing in that picture? Isn't it quite mean to get in the way of all those nice gentleman in the White, Blue and Red?

mraynrand
11-20-2009, 10:24 PM

Keep hoping.

Will do.

Rastak
11-20-2009, 10:27 PM
If there is nothing left then hope like hell.

Good luck....(sort of).

mraynrand
11-20-2009, 10:29 PM
If there is nothing left then hope like hell.

Good luck....(sort of).

Keep hope alive

http://www.pajamadeen.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/jesse-jackson.jpg

Kiwon
11-21-2009, 03:45 AM

Every time I see this photo I yell for Brett to look left or center. He's got 3 open receivers and one that's basically covered except for a solid outside throw.

I hate this photo. :x

HowardRoark
11-21-2009, 08:06 AM

What are those Green lineman doing in that picture? Isn't it quite mean to get in the way of all those nice gentleman in the White, Blue and Red?

I thought the same thing last night after posting it. Once you are done seeing the open guys out there, you notice something else we have not seen lately......a pocket with a man standing there looking (well, in this case at one guy) down field.

sharpe1027
11-21-2009, 11:25 AM

I thought the same thing last night after posting it. Once you are done seeing the open guys out there, you notice something else we have not seen lately......a pocket with a man standing there looking (well, in this case at one guy) down field.

No shit. Even when they don't get to Rodgers, the linemen get pushed right into Rodgers. I can barely remember the last time Rodgers had that much space in front of him to step and and throw. I wonder how much of him holding the ball has to do with having almost no throwing lanes.

PlantPage55
11-21-2009, 11:59 AM
And the receivers were getting open like this ALL. GAME.

If Brett didn't play like such a mental midget that game, Greg Jennings would have had a Larry Fitzgerald star-making type playoff game.

mraynrand
11-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Ahhhh....the memories!

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=favreslastGBtoss.flv

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=favrebailout.flv

http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=favremoonshot.flv

SMACKTALKIE
11-21-2009, 02:26 PM
I find it very funny that you packrats lay all the blame for that loss on Favre. Did'nt Crosby miss at least one FG? What about B Jackson's inability to follow his blockers on a screen pass that could have gone for 6? Was it Bigby who failed to dive on a muffed punt allowing McQuarters to recover it?

I know QB is the most important position but football is still a team sport. The Packers lost that game and had many chances to put it away.

Favre was some kind of mythical hero the week before while killing the Eagles and throwing snowballs at his fellow teammates. Now Packer fans wait with baited breath to utter the words "I told you so." To be expected, I know, when he plays for the enemy, but it seems the average Packer fan is more excited about the idea of Favre losing than the Packers winning.

PlantPage55
11-21-2009, 02:36 PM
I find it very funny that you packrats lay all the blame for that loss on Favre.

>implying that we lay ALL the blame on him.

But last I checked, Brett got all the credit for our wins. Brett was the leader of our team and, according to most media dunderheads (as well as most Viking fans these days) an all-time legend who could take the team on his back.

So why did he fail to do so, so often, in the playoffs? What happened to "the legend" when the games were on the line?

HowardRoark
11-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Favre was some kind of mythical hero the week before while killing the Eagles and throwing snowballs at his fellow teammates.

Favre may be History's Greatest Monster, but even he would not hunt and kill a protected bird. I think beating the Seahawks would be enough excitement for one week.

MadtownPacker
11-21-2009, 02:59 PM
So why did he fail to do so, so often, in the playoffs? What happened to "the legend" when the games were on the line?Why do you guys have to keep up this hater bs? Have any of you conisdered the fact that to lose in the playoffs several times you have to get IN the playoffs to begin with? As bitter as several of the endings where it was better than ending the season in week 17.

SMACKTALKIE
11-21-2009, 03:08 PM
I find it very funny that you packrats lay all the blame for that loss on Favre.

>implying that we lay ALL the blame on him.

But last I checked, Brett got all the credit for our wins. Brett was the leader of our team and, according to most media dunderheads (as well as most Viking fans these days) an all-time legend who could take the team on his back.

So why did he fail to do so, so often, in the playoffs? What happened to "the legend" when the games were on the line?

I don't see you pointing to any other player as the reason the Packers lost.

Perhaps he failed, in part, because of the players around him.

Team sport.

PlantPage55
11-21-2009, 03:17 PM
So why did he fail to do so, so often, in the playoffs? What happened to "the legend" when the games were on the line?Why do you guys have to keep up this hater bs? Have any of you conisdered the fact that to lose in the playoffs several times you have to get IN the playoffs to begin with? As bitter as several of the endings where it was better than ending the season in week 17.

That doesn't answer the question. It doesn't resolve the issue.

Brett was called a legend. We were told that he "put the team on his back"

What, did his back suddenly get sore in the playoffs? Why couldn't this "god" - this "legend" - handle the pressure when the game was on the line.

Al Harris had a bad game. Ryan Grant had a bad game. But with the game on the line and a QB that so many said they would take with the game on the line over ANYONE, he came up short so many times, when it mattered.

This is the question that continues to plague me. If he put the Packers on his back and took a bunch of scrubs to the playoffs, then why was he one of the worst players on our team, in some of those playoff games. 6 INTs against St, Louis? That Falcons game? What the hell?

PlantPage55
11-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Team sport.

Give me a fucking break. Don't you think I realize that?

I'm talking about how we had to hear, for so long, how he was our team. How he put the team on his back.

Why, just look at one of the more recent posts. Apparently HE was the one who got us into the playoffs! Not anyone else! :lol: :roll:

MadtownPacker
11-21-2009, 03:31 PM
That doesn't answer the question. It doesn't resolve the issue.

Brett was called a legend. We were told that he "put the team on his back"

What, did his back suddenly get sore in the playoffs? Why couldn't this "god" - this "legend" - handle the pressure when the game was on the line.

Al Harris had a bad game. Ryan Grant had a bad game. But with the game on the line and a QB that so many said they would take with the game on the line over ANYONE, he came up short so many times, when it mattered.

This is the question that continues to plague me. If he put the Packers on his back and took a bunch of scrubs to the playoffs, then why was he one of the worst players on our team, in some of those playoff games. 6 INTs against St, Louis? That Falcons game? What the hell?There is no question to answer and there is no issue. Unless you have one within yourself but i cant call that. Yes he did put the team on his back and he failed at times. I dont recall any of the great QBs from the last 10 yrs of SB winners doing it all themselves. They all had strong team that won together.

The Rams game was a mess but you have got to be fucking smoking fat rocks if you want to put the ATL loss at Lambeau on anyone. That team was doomed with injuries before the playoffs even started.

SMACKTALKIE
11-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Team sport.

Give me a fucking break. Don't you think I realize that?

I'm talking about how we had to hear, for so long, how he was our team. How he put the team on his back.

Why, just look at one of the more recent posts. Apparently HE was the one who got us into the playoffs! Not anyone else! :lol: :roll:

I heard all that talk too. I guess you can't win them all is what it boils down to.

Seems to make a huge difference in Minnesota however.

Iron Mike
09-19-2010, 02:56 PM

How's life in the NFC North cellar treating you and the Turnover machine??? :P

Lurker64
09-19-2010, 03:15 PM
http://artaban7.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/2009-4-22-viking_funeral.jpg

Iron Mike
09-19-2010, 03:17 PM
http://artaban7.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/2009-4-22-viking_funeral.jpg

That's even funnier the second time!!! :lol:

MJZiggy
09-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Wonder how much it'd take before Vike fans jump ship on him...He was always afraid of hanging on one year too long. Did he?

Iron Mike
09-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Wonder how much it'd take before Vike fans jump ship on him...He was always afraid of hanging on one year too long. Did he?

IDK...what was his QB rating today?? :wink:

Travbrew
09-19-2010, 03:37 PM
I find it very funny that you packrats lay all the blame for that loss on Favre. Did'nt Crosby miss at least one FG? What about B Jackson's inability to follow his blockers on a screen pass that could have gone for 6? Was it Bigby who failed to dive on a muffed punt allowing McQuarters to recover it?

I know QB is the most important position but football is still a team sport. The Packers lost that game and had many chances to put it away.

Favre was some kind of mythical hero the week before while killing the Eagles and throwing snowballs at his fellow teammates. Now Packer fans wait with baited breath to utter the words "I told you so." To be expected, I know, when he plays for the enemy, but it seems the average Packer fan is more excited about the idea of Favre losing than the Packers winning.

Eagles? Uh, you mean Seachickens, yes? Nice recall, (insert your favorite personal attack here). Of course you do, but you won't come out to this board and talk shit after the wonderful performance you witnessed this week, eh?
You need to learn much about Packer fans before you spout your drivel; as long as the Pack wins, all is good. But yes, bendict losing is always good. How's 0-2 feel now, asshat?

Iron Mike
09-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Vikings rule! Fudgepackers drool!!

I bet we won't see you for a couple of weeks now...

8-)

BallHawk
09-19-2010, 03:43 PM

A cool 44.3 :lol:

Iron Mike
09-19-2010, 03:44 PM

Don't bother.....I'll get it for you:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/weeklyLeaders?sortType=passing&week=2

Travbrew
09-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Vikings rule! Fudgepackers drool!!

I bet we won't see you for a couple of weeks now...

8-)

Let's go easy on him. With a quote like that, he surely can't be more than 10 years old!

Fritz
09-19-2010, 04:04 PM

Zig, this is the first I've read of this notion. But I believe you may well be correct.

If he realizes this and the team continues to sink, will he retire in mid-season?

MJZiggy
09-19-2010, 04:06 PM

Zig, this is the first I've read of this notion. But I believe you may well be correct.

If he realizes this and the team continues to sink, will he retire in mid-season?

Wouldn't that be fun?

Travbrew
09-19-2010, 04:09 PM

Wouldn't that be fun?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
No crap, I did a spit take when i read that.

mraynrand
09-19-2010, 07:20 PM

Props to whoever dredged this thread up. I forgot all about it! I'm gonna quote myself from last year (above). Looks like the Saints DID figure it out just in time. I haven't watched today's Vikings game yet, but it seems the appellation of 'corpse' is much more appropriate this year than last.

Next week's game against Chicago will go a long way to deciding the Division. A big game between the two competitive teams in the Division already in week three!

Iron Mike
09-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Props to whoever dredged this thread up. 8-)

Iron Mike
09-22-2010, 07:24 PM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/LOL-GOING-HOME.jpg

packerbacker1234
09-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Well, the point I think is that we are a little "unfair" to ol' #4 in not coming up when it matters - because in general... most QB's don't come up when it matters most 80% of the time. Even the all time greats at the position failed, generally, more often than they succeeded in the biggest moments.

Favre is no different. He got to the top once. Got close to the top 5 more times. Sometimes, getting close was due to his play, other times, it was due to the team around him. Bottom line is, he has a ring, and it happened to be our first ring as a team since the 60's.

That is one more ring than the vikings have,

pbmax
09-22-2010, 11:18 PM
There was a Ron Wolf article on JSO tonight. Brought back a lot of memories.

No Brett snark tonight. Just good memories.

And maybe one interception.

gex
09-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Well, the point I think is that we are a little "unfair" to ol' #4 in not coming up when it matters - because in general... most QB's don't come up when it matters most 80% of the time. Even the all time greats at the position failed, generally, more often than they succeeded in the biggest moments.

Favre is no different. He got to the top once. Got close to the top 5 more times. Sometimes, getting close was due to his play, other times, it was due to the team around him. Bottom line is, he has a ring, and it happened to be our first ring as a team since the 60's.

That is one more ring than the vikings have,

People who can't get over it like to call Favre a failure but the truth is, only 1 team wins it all each year, all other teams fail...most qb's record in the playoffs are not going to be above .500

Packgator
09-23-2010, 06:20 PM

In the history of the NFL, 25 QB's have started at least 10 playoff games. Favre is #17 on the (playoff game) winning percentage list (those with at least 10 starts).

1. Bart Starr...................... (.900) (9-1)
2. Jim Plunkett.................. (.800) (8-2)
2. Ben Roethlisberger........ (.800) (8-2)
4. Tom Brady................... (.778) (14-4)
5. Terry Bradshaw............. (.737) (14-5)
17. Brett Favre.................. (.542) (13-11)

Favre has started more playoff games than any other QB in NFL history.

1. Brett Favre................. (24)
2. Joe Montana.............. (23)
3. John Elway................ (21)
4. Terry Bradshaw.......... (19)
5. Tom Brady................ (18)
5. Peyton Manning......... (18)
5. Dan Marino............... (18)

Favre is #5 on the starting QB all time playoff game win list.

1. Joe Montana.............. (16)
2. Tom Brady................ (14)
2. Terry Bradshaw......... (14)
2. John Elway............... (14)
5. Brett Favre............... (13)

Favre has lost more playoff games than any other QB.

1. Brett Favre................ (11)
2. Dan Marino................ (10)
3. Peyton Manning........... (9)
4. Jim Kelly..................... (8)
5. Joe Montana............... (7)
5. John Elway................. (7)
5. Donovan McNabb........ (7)

QB's with the worst playoff game winning percentage and at least ten starts.

1. Warren Moon............. (.300) (3-7)
2. Dan Marino................ (.444) (8-10)
3. Steve McNair............. (.500) (5-5)
3. Mark Brunell.............. (.500) (5-5)
3. Danny White.............. (.500) (5-5)
3. Craig Morton............. (.500) (5-5)
3. Peyton Manning.......... (.500) (9-9)
8. Jim Kelly..................... (.529) (9-8)
9. Brett Favre................. (.542) (13-11)

Not sure what it all means.......other than there are some pretty good QB's on the above lists.

mmmdk
09-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Playing two hundred seasons in the NFL will lead to some records. :wink:

BFs true legacy is his ironman starting streak & the chuckle he'll bring to sports fans when mentioned and compared with the real greats of the NFL history.

A script for a jester's [crocodile] tear...

mraynrand
09-23-2010, 07:03 PM
only 1 team wins it all each year

You are correct, sir!

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

pbmax
09-23-2010, 08:51 PM
QB's with the worst playoff game winning percentage and at least ten starts.

1. Warren Moon............. (.300) (3-7)
2. Dan Marino................ (.444) (8-10)
3. Steve McNair............. (.500) (5-5)
3. Mark Brunell.............. (.500) (5-5)
3. Danny White.............. (.500) (5-5)
3. Craig Morton............. (.500) (5-5)
3. Peyton Manning.......... (.500) (9-9)
8. Jim Kelly..................... (.529) (9-8)
9. Brett Favre................. (.542) (13-11)

Not sure what it all means.......other than there are some pretty good QB's on the above lists.
That last list is brutal. You don't normally see Kelly, Moon, Marino, Manning and Favre packed with the likes of Brunell, White and Morton.

It does give some credence to the thought that it all wasn't Brett's fault. Though in the second half of his career, he did not help himself.

Joemailman
09-23-2010, 09:02 PM
Will always wonder what might have been if Holmgren hadn't left Green Bay.

Favre With Holmgren: 9-5
Favre Post-Holmgren 4-6