PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi detainees taunt Wisconsin soldiers about Brett Favre

Kiwon
11-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Truth stranger than fiction..
.................................................. ..........................................

Iraqi detainees taunt Wisconsin soldiers about Brett Favre

By MJD

If you happen to be a Packers fan who is sick and tired of hearing about Brett Favre(notes), and you're thinking of joining the National Guard and going overseas to get away from it all, stop. It's not going to work. The detainees in Baghdad are going to be just as vicious as the Vikings fans you know.

A Wisconsin National Guard unit charged with keeping watch over detainees in Baghdad decided to put up Packers colors and logos all around the camp. The prisoners noticed, started asking questions and suddenly, Favre became an unwitting ally.

From 620WTMJ's Jay Sorgi (subbing in for the injured Waylon Manning):

"They know Favre by name," said First Lieutenant Tim Boehnen, who is from New Richmond, Wis.

"One of the big words they know now is shenanigan. They'll constantly talk about 'Favre shenanigans,' 'He's so good for the Vikings,' and 'The Packers have got to really feel bad about that one.' "

[...] "They obviously then started up the conversations, and started talking about Brett Favre. They soon learned about Favre going to the Vikings, and things just started going downhill from there."

In retaliation, I think our troops should make the detainees watch ESPN's Week 4 Monday Night Football contest between the Vikings and Packers, including pre- and post-game shows. They'll never want to mention Favre again.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Iraqi-detainees-taunt-Wisconsin-soldiers-about-B;_ylt=AgcBZIQ_NIVWupBZK5X1PZg5nYcB?urn=nfl,203985

red
11-20-2009, 05:04 PM
favre supports terrorists

gex
11-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Just because you neo-cons chased everyone outta the fyi room doesn't mean you can post this shit in the football section.
A thread with Favre and a politically charged subject on a Packers board :oops:

Scott Campbell
11-20-2009, 05:55 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/3761/780270-crybaby_large.jpg

sheepshead
11-20-2009, 05:58 PM

mine as well

red
11-20-2009, 06:00 PM

mine as well

shut the fuck up

you're like a 3 year old child

hey admin, you looking for someone to get rid of?

can this fuck, he adds absolutely nothing to the forum what-so-ever.

all he ever wants to do is stir shit, that's it. thats all he has ever contributed since the second he showed up here.

now i can't make a post without his shit. you talk about cleaning the site up, but you continue to let this one try and get under every posters skin

deal with him or you'll lose another long time poster.

i am sick of the shit

pbmax
11-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Its going to confuse them when they have to lay the blame for failure at Childress' feet.

Has anyone asked how they feel about a new Stadium in Industry, California?

Brando19
11-20-2009, 06:42 PM

mine as well

what does mine as well mean?

MadtownPacker
11-20-2009, 06:56 PM
I dont know gex. Seems like a legit topic. Couldve went in the Favre thread. Funny as hell though. Dont act like little panochas about it.

Kiwon
11-20-2009, 07:01 PM
a politically charged subject on a Packers board

You've got to be kidding.

Iraqis posing as Brett Farve/Vikings fans is a "politically charged subject"? :D

Psst...."football" in the rest of the world means "soccer."

HowardRoark
11-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Just because you neo-cons chased everyone outta the fyi room doesn't mean you can post this shit in the football section.

Maxie is an old-con.

Lurker64
11-20-2009, 07:03 PM

Maxie is an old-con.

I think the appropriate phrase is "paleocon".

HowardRoark
11-20-2009, 07:34 PM

Maxie is an old-con.

I think the appropriate phrase is "paleocon".

Oh sure, I see how it is.....I see how it's going to be. From now on, you will be the sesquipedalian rat. (please insert yellow face with smile here)

Rastak
11-20-2009, 07:49 PM

mine as well

I'm not sure but I *think* it means his dick supports terrorists.

Brando19
11-20-2009, 08:18 PM

mine as well

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh....thanks Ras! :D

mraynrand
11-20-2009, 09:02 PM

mine as well

shut the fuck up

all he ever wants to do is stir shit, that's it. thats all he has ever contributed since the second he showed up here.

now i can't make a post without his shit. you talk about cleaning the site up, but you continue to let this one try and get under every posters skin

i am sick of the shit

You could just ignore him. Just like Gex could choose to ignore a post he doesn't like. Why is it that you guys can't just let it go. It's like the bible thumper who goes into a bar and complains that everyone is drinking and swearing in there. What do you think Dell Gex?

http://movies.infinitecoolness.com/02/planestrainsandautomobiles09.jpg

red
11-20-2009, 10:38 PM

mine as well

shut the fuck up

i am sick of the shit

You could just ignore him. Just like Gex could choose to ignore a post he doesn't like. Why is it that you guys can't just let it go. It's like the bible thumper who goes into a bar and complains that everyone is drinking and swearing in there. What do you think Dell Gex?

i have been ignoring him for months. yet he continues to try and push my buttons and piss me off. i've let a lot of shit from him go, but i can't take that stalker bull shit from him any more.

if he continues to post here then i will not.

its time for admin to nut up and do his fucking job. he wants to fix the site, cut out the cancer, theres few bigger on this site.

you can look up all his posts in his profile if you need proof. he rarley makes a post without being a dick to someone

Zool
11-20-2009, 11:01 PM

mine as well

wafflecopter

Pugger
11-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Good lord, it appears somebody had to really dig around to find more reasons to keep bringing up #4 and how TT and company screwed up. :roll:

mraynrand
11-21-2009, 11:10 AM

mine as well

shut the fuck up

i am sick of the shit

i have been ignoring him for months. yet he continues to try and push my buttons and piss me off. i've let a lot of shit from him go, but i can't take that stalker bull shit from him any more.

if he continues to post here then i will not.

its time for admin to nut up and do his fucking job. he wants to fix the site, cut out the cancer, theres few bigger on this site.

you can look up all his posts in his profile if you need proof. he rarley makes a post without being a dick to someone

I don't know much about what he posts because I typically ignore his posts. It really works.

mraynrand
11-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Good lord, it appears somebody had to really dig around to find more reasons to keep bringing up #4 and how TT and company screwed up. :roll:

I don't think TT screwed up. But I still think that Favre could bite the Packers in the ass even more than he has already. But I'm still holding out hope he'll pull his patented late season swoon. But I don't think he'll fake a shoulder injury like last year.

"Show us the scar, Brett!" LOL

LEWCWA
11-22-2009, 09:37 AM
I guess this kind of says it all. This just shows that this name goes accross all lines. I guess most of us thought he was "our Favre" to steal from that promo a couple years ago, but the fact is he has become a "pop culture icon" and many Packer fans can't deal with that. Anyhow if his name pops up in war reporting good luck removing it from Packer Nation.