PDA

View Full Version : Packer Pro Bowlers

MOBB DEEP
11-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Still early but who do you all think will make it?

CWood's a shoe-in

Aaron too

Despite boneheaded head-butt, my biggest hopeful is Jolly who has thrived in the 3-4, putting up pretty good numbers

BallHawk
11-20-2009, 06:12 PM
I'd say those deserving are Rodgers, Driver, Jenkins, and C-Wood. All of them have played at what I would consider an all-pro level. There are others who have played very well, but I think those guys are the top. 2 most important players on each side of the ball.

Brando19
11-20-2009, 06:39 PM
I believe Woodson will definitely make it...and Driver and Rodgers deserve it, but I doubt they make it in. The Pro Bowl voting sucks. It's basically a popularity contest....nothing to do with skills. Rodgers should be in, but with Brees, Ryan, Eli, McNabb, Romo, and Favre in the NFC...it'll be tough...even though he's better than most of 'em.

MadtownPacker
11-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Wow, so little homeristic thinking in this thread.

Woodson - He should be in the Probowl for both CB shots that's how good he has been. He is bottom line the #1 or #2 best player on defense this season. In the NFL.

Rodgers - He has the stats but his in game play is a toss up IMO. Not a prob though because everyone can see he is getting better. He will be in it as soon as the OL is fixed.

DD - Has dropped many but made those he caught so sweet. He can get in on a good second half of the season and rep.

Matthews - Should be spoken of for something. Bad ass White boy.

Finley was on his way if he hadn't got hurt. Woulda took ARod with him. :shock:

hoosier
11-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Barbre and Colledge.

Oh wait, I thought you said the Toilet Bowl.

Rastak
11-20-2009, 07:51 PM
I voted for Rodgers and Woodson.

mngolf19
11-20-2009, 08:18 PM

I would say Woodson. Rodgers just has too much competition.

Smidgeon
11-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Matthews - Should be spoken of for something. Bad ass White boy.

Finley was on his way if he hadn't got hurt. Woulda took ARod with him. :shock:

Agreed.

Where do you think Matthews ranks in defensive ROY right now? Third? Fourth?

Bossman641
11-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Woodson should be a shoe-in

Rodgers and Collins deserve consideration

Bretsky
11-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Woodsen is the only one deserving

AROD and Collins as alternates

mraynrand
11-20-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm not even sure Woodson deserves to be in. The Packer probowl cupboard is bare.

Smidgeon
11-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Woodsen is the only one deserving

AROD and Collins as alternates

For a team with a Top 10 offense by total yards, a Top 10 offense by points scored, a Top 5 offense by QB rating, a Top 5 defense by fewest yards, a Top 10 defense by fewest points scored, a Top 10 defense by fewest passing yards, a Top 5 defense by fewest rushing yards, and the League leaders in turnover margin, I certainly hope we'd get more than 1 sure-fire and 2 hopefuls.

Only 4 teams have both Top 10 offenses and Top 10 defenses: Green Bay, New England, New York Giants, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. And of those teams, only Green Bay and New England also are in the Top 10 in turnover margin. That's pretty good company.

Partial
11-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Pickett, Barnett is getting there as he gets healthier and healthier.

bobblehead
11-21-2009, 12:14 AM
As of right now ARod can't beat out Favre and Brees. He is 3rd guy at best.

Our twin dominant corners probably both deserve to go, and thats about all you can bank on right now.

I do like our entire D at this point, but not sure how many pro bowlers we have. Pickett is playing great, so are jolly and jenkins, but probowl...meh. Mathews if he keeps it up the rest of the way probably will deserve it, same with barnett since he got healthy and confident, but likely neither one gets it. Collins would need a strong finish pick wise.

On the offense I addressed ARod, and our OL is so bad that it doesn't merit discussion for probowl. Grant...no chance. Finley got hurt, and the WR's aren't doing enough as individuals to get in.

We got one probowler, unless Harris gets the recognition he deserves, then 2. Why do teams keep throwing at Woodson again??

Gunakor
11-21-2009, 02:38 AM

McNabb and Manning are his only competiton anymore. Brees and Favre are locks, and Romo just got outplayed by Rodgers head to head in front of a national audience. Unless Rodgers tanks or Romo plays flawless the rest of the way, I'd say Romo is out. So it's Rodgers, Manning, and McNabb fighting for the final spot IMO. That's not too much competition at all.

Neither the Giants nor the Eagles have an exceptional W-L record to compliment thier QB's stats. Nor do the Packers. So it might just come down to individual stat lines, and Rodgers stat line is much better than Eli's or Donovan's.

And if it comes down to popularity, Rodgers wins there too. He's become a media darling, playing for a team with one of the most passionate fan bases in all of professional sport. He's going to get the fan vote over McNabb and Manning, I can almost guarantee that. Probably the media vote too.

MadtownPacker
11-21-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm not even sure Woodson deserves to be in. The Packer probowl cupboard is bare.How old are you now? Going senile? Seems like your thoughts get more ignorant by the post as time goes by. Woodson is a bad mofo and last weeks game could have easily been a loss without him stepping up.

Now go drink your geritol and have your caretaker change your adult diaper.

packerbacker1234
11-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Rodgers deserve it? Confused, since about half the sacks are his fault, and thus half the drives stopped because of sacks are his fault... he has been a stat machine, just like last year.

What Favre is doing, what Brees is doing: Thats Pro Bowl caliber. Totally different level then what Rodgers is at. He is good, not that good.

He may make it as the 3rd QB. Tough call. He has to beat out Romo, McScab, Kurt Warner (guy is really starting to build his stats now, and get the wins) Eli Manning, and anyone else I didn't notice in the NFC for some reason.

Driver should be a lock, as should Woodson. I would like to see jenkins go, but lets see him keep the pace.

IF ANYTHING: Jolly has been a better overall linemen then Jenkins this year, and deserves to go OVER him.

*cough* - also coming down to pure stat line. Tell you what: What team between the packers, giants, and eagles makes the playoffs. There is your third QB. Of course, Kurt Warner would have something to say about that. Hasn't been as good as last year, but the cards are in first, in control of the division yet again, and Warner has some pretty good stats to back it up.

mraynrand
11-21-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm not even sure Woodson deserves to be in. The Packer probowl cupboard is bare.How old are you now? Going senile? Seems like your thoughts get more ignorant by the post as time goes by. Woodson is a bad mofo and last weeks game could have easily been a loss without him stepping up.

Now go drink your geritol and have your caretaker change your adult diaper.

We have a winner!

mission
11-21-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm not even sure Woodson deserves to be in. The Packer probowl cupboard is bare.

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/facepalm.jpg

mraynrand
11-21-2009, 06:46 PM

http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/facepalm.jpg

Mad already won. You get honorable mention though.

Brando19
11-21-2009, 07:55 PM

I think you need to go to the cupboard and take your medication.

mraynrand
11-22-2009, 12:17 AM

I think you need to go to the cupboard and take your medication.

No more awards! I've already handed out two. I also will note that wry or cynical humor doesn't work over the internet.

mngolf19
11-22-2009, 09:01 AM

McNabb and Manning are his only competiton anymore. Brees and Favre are locks, and Romo just got outplayed by Rodgers head to head in front of a national audience. Unless Rodgers tanks or Romo plays flawless the rest of the way, I'd say Romo is out. So it's Rodgers, Manning, and McNabb fighting for the final spot IMO. That's not too much competition at all.

Neither the Giants nor the Eagles have an exceptional W-L record to compliment thier QB's stats. Nor do the Packers. So it might just come down to individual stat lines, and Rodgers stat line is much better than Eli's or Donovan's.

And if it comes down to popularity, Rodgers wins there too. He's become a media darling, playing for a team with one of the most passionate fan bases in all of professional sport. He's going to get the fan vote over McNabb and Manning, I can almost guarantee that. Probably the media vote too.

You've got a good point. But isn't it fans, players, coaches that pick for Pro Bowl? And all I've been hearing on media lately is coaches and players saying how great they think McNabb is. Not that I agree with that.

Scott Campbell
11-22-2009, 09:43 AM
I really don't care about the Pro Bowl. I'd rather see our borderline guys not go as it makes them a little cheaper to re-sign.

Pugger
11-22-2009, 09:52 AM
#4 probably won't go yet again so AR will probably will go as an alternate. But seriously, who really cares? Nobody watches it anyway.

Bretsky
11-22-2009, 09:55 AM
We might see AROD; #4 never goes and good chance McNabb passes if elected.

AROD would probably be happy to go so it's very realistic we see him play

MichiganPackerFan
11-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Probowl voting is a joke. That said:

Woodson
Rodgers
Jolly

mraynrand
11-23-2009, 10:07 AM
I really don't care about the Pro Bowl. I'd rather see our borderline guys not go as it makes them a little cheaper to re-sign.

QFT

Watch this happen when Shianco and Rice go to the pro bowl.

HarveyWallbangers
11-23-2009, 10:18 AM
At QB, statistically it's Favre, Brees, and Rodgers--and nobody else is that close. McNabb would get consideration, but he missed some games and his backup played well while he was out. Romo and Manning have QB ratings significantly lower than Rodgers.

mngolf19
11-23-2009, 12:34 PM
At QB, statistically it's Favre, Brees, and Rodgers--and nobody else is that close. McNabb would get consideration, but he missed some games and his backup played well while he was out. Romo and Manning have QB ratings significantly lower than Rodgers.

What about Warner?

Freak Out
11-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Probowl voting is a joke. That said:

Woodson
Rodgers
Jolly

I can agree with this. Not having watched all the games I could be wrong about Jolly but it sounds like the guy has been an absolute beast. Has he played better than others at his position throughout the NFC?