PDA

View Full Version : Shit - Harris out with torn ACL

Spaulding
11-22-2009, 04:58 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Biggs-Al-Harris-suffers-torn-ACL.html

Assume Tramon slides over and Underwood now is nickel. Need a pass rush now more than ever.

Fosco33
11-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Crap... with the recovery period it may be the end for Al (35 yr old).

Really too bad - he's been very durable (with the career ending threat with the spleen last year).

What do we do with him in the offseason?

Can TWill start in the NFL?

Can Underwood play more base?

Why is Bush still on this team??

Maxie the Taxi
11-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Don't know how good Underwood is, but I know he's fast. Saw the film on that late kick return and Underwood caught the guy from behind easy.

Freak Out
11-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Fuck.

Willard
11-22-2009, 05:09 PM
bad news for playoff run. we dont have enough depth. maybe a free agent priority, Mr. Thompson?

imscott72
11-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Between him and Kampy it's obviously a huge blow to the D. I'm not sure how we recover from this. Is Underwood ready? Do we really have to put up with Bush again? I guess it is what it is. Just have to deal with it and move on. I feel bad for Harris. Not too many work harder than he does. At his age he very well may be done.

denverYooper
11-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Grabby Smurf is available.

red
11-22-2009, 05:13 PM
kampman they are saying 2-4 weeks, but it could be season ending also

they said it was a serious injury

steve823
11-22-2009, 05:24 PM
DAMMIT. We really need a free agent now for depth. If we move Twill to our 2nd corner we still need a decent nickel. We need anyone that is decent just so we don't see Underwood or Bush on the field, but somehow I doubt we'll get anyone,

Lurker64
11-22-2009, 05:25 PM
DAMMIT. We really need a free agent now for depth. If we move Twill to our 2nd corner we still need a decent nickel. We need anyone that is decent just so we don't see Underwood or Bush on the field, but somehow I doubt we'll get anyone,

We need a free agent for this year or next? Because let me tell you, there aren't a lot of NFL starting caliber CBs who are at home on their couches right now waiting for someone to give them a call.

Fritz
11-22-2009, 05:26 PM
At this point in the season, whom can you sign off the street whose going to be worth a whit? Ahmad Carroll?

TennesseePackerBacker
11-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Injuries will wreck a season before anything else. Taco Wallace, Samkon Gado, Mark Boerighter(sp?) oh no!

steve823
11-22-2009, 05:32 PM

We need a free agent for this year or next? Because let me tell you, there aren't a lot of NFL starting caliber CBs who are at home on their couches right now waiting for someone to give them a call.

Now whether its a FA or anything. Did you see what happened today when Harris went down? ..and that was against Alex Smith! I doubt it though and we will probably have to see bush and underwood for the remainder of the season.

On a sidenote I wonder how much this will convince TT we need to draft a top corner this year because our 2 amazing corners are getting up there in age and 1 of them may be done.

mission
11-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Harris out is WAY bigger than Kampman out.

Huge blow, fellas.

red
11-22-2009, 05:42 PM
rumor is now that kampman also has a torn acl, also done for the year

might have been the last game in green and gold for both packer greats

imscott72
11-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Both done for the year. What a shame.

steve823
11-22-2009, 05:45 PM
rumor is now that kampman also has a torn acl, also done for the year

might have been the last game in green and gold for both packer greats

Holy crap I gotta stop reading this forum tonight Im getting depressed. Our late season rally seems a lot more difficult now.

OkayKyle
11-22-2009, 05:56 PM

TWill can definitely start. Last season he could've been starting for a number of NFL teams, but he's been behind Woodson and Harris. I've been really high on Williams the last 3 years. He's blazing fast and has great instincts

Partial
11-22-2009, 06:02 PM
:( This is the end of two great Packers' careers in G&G :( :( :(

Lurker64
11-22-2009, 06:06 PM
It's a big loss, but remember what the Giants did the year they won the superbowl when their defensive secondary was in tatters: they rushed the passer and ultimately it didn't matter.

Maybe this is what gets Capers to really turn up the heat.

PackerTimer
11-22-2009, 06:06 PM

TWill can definitely start. Last season he could've been starting for a number of NFL teams, but he's been behind Woodson and Harris. I've been really high on Williams the last 3 years. He's blazing fast and has great instincts

Yeah I'm not too worried about TWill. He filled in great for Harris last year. It's the guys who will fill in for him that worry me. Bush and Underwood. I'm worred we'll be seeing our nickel back get picked for the rest of the year. Damn this sucks.

Jimx29
11-22-2009, 06:12 PM
bad news for playoff run. we dont have enough depth. maybe a free agent priority, Mr. Thompson?"Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!"

The Shadow
11-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Bush simply does not belong in a defensive secondary.
Are there any cagey unsigned old veteran cornerbacks on the street?

BallHawk
11-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Joey Thomas is available....

Farley Face
11-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Screw it, reload.

Trevor Ford and Cy Obiozor. This is why you have a practice squad. Plug 'em in and let's finish up strong. Sucks to lose two pro bowlers but what are we gonna do, feel sorry for ourselves or keep our focus and earn a wild card?

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it. Or something like that.

Let's go!

Fosco33
11-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Here are some free agent CBs: Deltha O'Neal, Patrick Surtain, Will Allen, Tory James, Gary Baxter. TT will pick-up someone we've never heard of before.

denverYooper
11-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Here are some free agent CBs: Deltha O'Neal, Patrick Surtain, Will Allen, Tory James, Gary Baxter. TT will pick-up someone we've never heard of before.

Was that you on Pelissero's chat?

Scott Campbell
11-22-2009, 07:16 PM

This is my first thought too. Al Harris is one of the all time Packer greats, and I somewhat expect the next we'll see of him will be his induction to the Packer HOF. Great frigg'n career. Thank you Al.

Bretsky
11-22-2009, 07:25 PM
not sure I buy either of them will be gone.

I could see Kampman's agent going for a one year deal due to the injury

What sux is if they were going to put a tag on him and trade him that option is gone now

I could see Al returning too; dude is a workout warrior and a great football player.

Good thing we got Bush out there to pick up playing time

Scott Campbell
11-22-2009, 07:27 PM
I could see Al returning too; dude is a workout warrior and a great football player.

How many 35 year old CB's have ever come back from a torn ACL?

Bretsky
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM

No clue; go look it up :lol:

IMO Al Will

How old is Tauscher ? He's a OL and he did

Scott Campbell
11-22-2009, 07:34 PM

No clue; go look it up :lol:

IMO Al Will

How old is Tauscher ? He's a OL and he did

Tauscher???? That's your feel good example???? :lol:

digitaldean
11-22-2009, 07:37 PM
The one thing that gives Al at least a fighting chance to come back is his comeback from that lacerated spleen injury. He probably came back earlier than he should have.

Odds may not be in his favor, but I wouldn't be shocked if he comes back. Kampy, that depends on if he wants to. His FA market value probably took a hit with this, but who knows?

bobblehead
11-22-2009, 08:12 PM
The one thing that gives Al at least a fighting chance to come back is his comeback from that lacerated spleen injury. He probably came back earlier than he should have.

Odds may not be in his favor, but I wouldn't be shocked if he comes back. Kampy, that depends on if he wants to. His FA market value probably took a hit with this, but who knows?

I would say the fact he is in fantastic shape going IN to the surgery gives him the absolute best odds of recovery possible....but he will still be 36 next year and it will have to be 100% to start the season or else....

On a bad note this is going to answer my question of why teams keep throwing at Chuck....I'm guessing his interceptions are almost done for the year.

Brohm
11-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Hopefully Al can come back by TC next year if he does not decide to just hang them up. Lee is healthy now but was put on IR due to the 6-8 weeks is was going to take to get back and they wanted to protect Underwood. Hopefully Underwood can show what he's got in the short term and we can get Al, Blackmon along with Lee back for next year.

Partial
11-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Well, Tauscher got hurt in week 10 last year too, right? He wasn't ready until November. Expect similar time frame for Al most likely.

I have a hard time thinking they'll carry him on the roster to start the season. Since he'll miss camp he could go PUP and miss the first six weeks of the season. That's the route they'll take but there are no guarantees he'll be healthy enough to play and earn a roster spot at that point.

3irty1
11-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Harris has stated that he wants to play into his 40's even if it means being a nickle or dime. It wouldn't surprise me if he finds a way back in. As stated above he's a complete specimen and if anyone can recover from an ACL at 36, it's Alshinard Harris. Meanwhile lets hope that the young guys make the best of their opportunities.

gbgary
11-22-2009, 08:22 PM
torn acl...oh no!! the worst possible. that's probably it for him then...carreer wise. there's no way he'll be a starting corner at his age after this injury. dammit. he deserved better.

Waldo
11-22-2009, 08:35 PM

Now whether its a FA or anything. Did you see what happened today when Harris went down? ..and that was against Alex Smith! I doubt it though and we will probably have to see bush and underwood for the remainder of the season.

On a sidenote I wonder how much this will convince TT we need to draft a top corner this year because our 2 amazing corners are getting up there in age and 1 of them may be done.

I'm not so sure there is correlation.

It started well before the injury. The injury is a convenient excuse, but it doesn't mesh with game fact.

We'll need to add another 5th CB, but at this point, there isn't much at all out there, what there is is most likely not in game shape (at the most physically taxing position), and what is out there probably will take time to learn Dom's defense.

Collins, Martin, and Bush are all CB/S's, so the situation isn't nearly as dire as it seems.

Harris was really our #3 CB anyway, that stayed on the field for run downs. Wood covers the slot, Tramon the Flanker typically. Via any CB rating metric Wood and Tramon are our top 2 CB's.

Last year, our pass defense did not decline when Al was out.

Bretsky
11-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Well, Tauscher got hurt in week 10 last year too, right? He wasn't ready until November. Expect similar time frame for Al most likely.

I have a hard time thinking they'll carry him on the roster to start the season. Since he'll miss camp he could go PUP and miss the first six weeks of the season. That's e route they'll take but there are no guarantees he'll be healthy enough to play and earn a roster spot at that point.

I think the fact that Al is much lighter gives him a better chance to recover quicker

Cheesehead Craig
11-22-2009, 08:44 PM
TWill's gotta step it up. He did it before and he's gonna be counted on to do it again.

gbgary
11-22-2009, 08:45 PM
well...the onus is really on the offense now.

Partial
11-22-2009, 08:49 PM
The past few weeks they've been going more dime than nickel because Chillar has been out. I suspect we'll see more nickel as soon as he gets back, which means we'll only have one of Underwood or Bush on the field at a time. This is a positive thing.

Also, one could argue they may dial up the blitzes quite a bit as the best way to minimize secondary impact is to pressure the passer.

Brandon494
11-22-2009, 08:55 PM

I have a hard time thinking they'll carry him on the roster to start the season. Since he'll miss camp he could go PUP and miss the first six weeks of the season. That's e route they'll take but there are no guarantees he'll be healthy enough to play and earn a roster spot at that point.

I think the fact that Al is much lighter gives him a better chance to recover quicker

Yea but tackles don't run on every play. I think he'll be back somewhere along the lines of Barnett.

Scott Campbell
11-22-2009, 08:57 PM

Yea but tackles don't run on every play. I think he'll be back somewhere along the lines of Barnett.

Tackles don't have to cover receivers coming out of breaks. I think the odds of Harris coming back from this at his age are pretty long. But I guess he's got a shot.

gbgary
11-22-2009, 08:58 PM
my favorite AL moment...ot winner against the seahawks.

:(

boiga
11-22-2009, 09:35 PM
I think this is really going to hurt us down the road. Al Harris shut down Miles Austin last week, while Tramon struggled against he likes of Roy Williams. If Al had gone down early last week, we wouldn't have won that game.

How many coverage sacks did we get in the first half against San Fran? That's probably all over. We don't even have Blackmon to plug the hole this year. Or even Pat Lee. Our D just gained a major liability in nickel. I don't have much faith that Underwood will be able to get it done.

This sucks...

Partial
11-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Baptism by fire. They were going to need to rebuild the position within a year or two, anyway. Not a huge hit to me as they're not going anywhere this year anyway. They couldn't hang with the Minne's of the world.

red
11-22-2009, 09:48 PM
so is pat lee on IR, i always forget with him

lets not give up on underwood yet. maybe theres something there. guy was pretty good in college as a free safety. and the guy only really played the one year in college

pbmax
11-22-2009, 09:54 PM

lets not give up on underwood yet. maybe theres something there. guy was pretty good in college as a free safety
Yep. Lee is on IR.

Bretsky
11-22-2009, 09:56 PM

lets not give up on underwood yet. maybe theres something there. guy was pretty good in college as a free safety. and the guy only really played the one year in college

Yes, those three 2nd round picks that were so key to our future

Brian Brohm
Brandon Jackson
Pat Lee

retailguy
11-22-2009, 09:57 PM
between kampy & harris, McCrappy got his excuse for "ONE MORE YEAR"... :?

pbmax
11-22-2009, 10:02 PM

Brian Brohm
Brandon Jackson
Pat Lee
You really have a complaint about Brandon Jackson?

red
11-22-2009, 10:03 PM
between kampy & harris, McCrappy got his excuse for "ONE MORE YEAR"... :?

interesting

nobody really saw the harris injury. maybe fat ass was out on the field with a lead pipe

Partial
11-22-2009, 10:04 PM

Brian Brohm
Brandon Jackson
Pat Lee

You don't think he's been a dissapointment given his draft position? :?:

red
11-22-2009, 10:05 PM

Brian Brohm
Brandon Jackson
Pat Lee

yeah, this was his second decent game in 3 years

not exactly what you're looking for when you spend a second rounder on a rb

Guiness
11-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Hopefully Al can come back by TC next year if he does not decide to just hang them up. Lee is healthy now but was put on IR due to the 6-8 weeks is was going to take to get back and they wanted to protect Underwood. Hopefully Underwood can show what he's got in the short term and we can get Al, Blackmon along with Lee back for next year.

Blackmon and Lee. Not guys I want to hang my hat on.

Bretsky
11-22-2009, 10:10 PM

Brian Brohm
Brandon Jackson
Pat Lee

Well I guess that depends on your hopes for a 2nd round draft pick. Jackson is alright. I'm watching a 2nd round draft pick RB who is a rookie in McCoy and that's closer to what I'd want out of round two. Jackson was picked too high; with that said he's alright.

Certainly better than the other two....but not nearly good enough to make up for one or both if Lee never develops

retailguy
11-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Jackson is an overpriced 3rd down back. Not bad, but not what we thought we were getting with a 2nd round pick.

Grant is nothing special, but he was a much much better value at a 6th round pick.

If you're looking at value, we got screwed with Jackson. Nonetheless, he is what he is. A 3rd down back, and doubtfully nothing more. ever.

Kiwon
11-22-2009, 10:20 PM

This is my first thought too. Al Harris is one of the all time Packer greats, and I somewhat expect the next we'll see of him will be his induction to the Packer HOF. Great frigg'n career. Thank you Al.

If you remember, Al Harris was a reserve with the Eagles, yet another guy the experts pegged as a little too slow. All he's done with the Packers is play lights out. Sure a few penalties, a few struggles with certain receivers but the majority of the time he is solid as a rock.

It's a huge blow in games and on the practice field as well.

Kampy...I would never count him out. He's worked for everything he's gotten and if there is anyone who'll do his hardest to get healthy and back on the field it is him.

I guess we'll find out how good Capers really is from here on out.

retailguy
11-22-2009, 10:22 PM

They didn't miss Kampy last week against Dallas. Harris? Well, that's another story, I think.

I don't think even Capers can make Jarret Bush look like an NFL caliber secondary player.

Our depth is not strong. TWill should be adequate, but no Al Harris, but the nickel & dime? In trouble, I'd think.

pbmax
11-22-2009, 10:38 PM

Brian Brohm
Brandon Jackson
Pat Lee

You don't think he's been a dissapointment given his draft position? :?:
50% of draft picks in the first two rounds don't start and leave the league early. So, no, I have no complaints about a solid contributor in the 2nd round.

pbmax
11-22-2009, 10:40 PM

They didn't miss Kampy last week against Dallas. Harris? Well, that's another story, I think.

I don't think even Capers can make Jarret Bush look like an NFL caliber secondary player.

Our depth is not strong. TWill should be adequate, but no Al Harris, but the nickel & dime? In trouble, I'd think.
TWill played well for Harris two years ago when he was out with the ruptured spleen. The question is how does the nickel back hold up?

retailguy
11-22-2009, 10:53 PM

TWill played well for Harris two years ago when he was out with the ruptured spleen. The question is how does the nickel back hold up?

I agree, but TWill has not played as well since then. I'm not confident that he'll pick up where he left off, but I do think he'll be adequate. Not so confident about the nickel, and very worried about the dime. We're very suspect in those packages.

Bretsky
11-22-2009, 10:55 PM
OOOOPS........BRETSKY was WRONG

The three 2nd round picks that were suppose to build all this depth were

Jordy Nelson
Brian Brohm
Patrick Lee

Nelson has been decent as well. Hard to complan about the player. Some real good players taken behind him would include Desean Jackson, Ray Rice, and Matt Forte

Brohm incredibly painful. Picked him right before Henne. And the pick before...many rats will remember praying he'd fall.........was Ray Rice. Pretty sure TTT would've grabbed Rice if he fell.

Lee..we just need to see. Plenty of talent after him as well including Kevin Smith

bobblehead
11-22-2009, 11:42 PM

Brian Brohm
Brandon Jackson
Pat Lee

I think the complaint is "TT drafted him"

bobblehead
11-22-2009, 11:49 PM
OOOOPS........BRETSKY was WRONG

The three 2nd round picks that were suppose to build all this depth were

Jordy Nelson
Brian Brohm
Patrick Lee

Nelson has been decent as well. Hard to complan about the player. Some real good players taken behind him would include Desean Jackson, Ray Rice, and Matt Forte

Brohm incredibly painful. Picked him right before Henne. And the pick before...many rats will remember praying he'd fall.........was Ray Rice. Pretty sure TTT would've grabbed Rice if he fell.

Lee..we just need to see. Plenty of talent after him as well including Kevin Smith

BJack was still a second, none of us realized you thought it was the same draft, way to fess up :P

That being said, if you are going to cherry pick a player or 2 who was picked after the guy your team picked there is probably about 5 good picks in any given draft.

The bottom line is in the body of work, and I think TT has done OK in putting talent on the field, but he has failed in a couple places. I'm still not sure MM is the right coach, and we obviously are thin at backup safety and starting tackle. Lets face it, putting together a team isn't easy or we would all do it, and as I've said all along if we don't make the playoffs this season I'll be ready to jump off the TT bandwagon....we have 6 games left guys.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-22-2009, 11:57 PM
bretsky,

Talking about better talent after our picks.......and referring to RBs is just ridiculous. There is no way we were going to pick a RB after we had just PAID Grant and drafted Bjack.

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2009, 12:37 AM
DAYUM...!

SnakeLH2006
11-23-2009, 02:34 AM
bad news for playoff run. we dont have enough depth. maybe a free agent priority, Mr. Thompson?

FA CB's are running up $13-15 million yearly now. I pray to god TT spends the FA cash to fix the OL...and targets the CB's in the 2010 draft for cheap. TWill turned out pretty well for cheap. Starting CB's cost a fortune now in Free Agency.

Lurker64
11-23-2009, 03:10 AM

FA CB's are running up $13-15 million yearly now. I pray to god TT spends the FA cash to fix the OL...and targets the CB's in the 2010 draft for cheap. TWill turned out pretty well for cheap. Starting CB's cost a fortune now in Free Agency.

Not only that, but they're not worth it. You get better results towards an elite pass defense by spending the big bucks on pass rushers, not on CBs. Really, only a scheme in which the corners will be frequently left to fend for themselves on an island (like the Jim Bates D) requires elite CBs, good front seven play, adequately executed zone coverage, and one CB who won't get victimized by a superstar WR is really all you need for a good pass defense.

That's not to say though that offensive lineman who would help us are going to be available in FA to spend money on. We really need a LT (as Lang seems to be a good fit for our RT problem), and the only real way to get one of those is the draft.

SnakeLH2006
11-23-2009, 03:32 AM

Not only that, but they're not worth it. You get better results towards an elite pass defense by spending the big bucks on pass rushers, not on CBs. Really, only a scheme in which the corners will be frequently left to fend for themselves on an island (like the Jim Bates D) requires elite CBs, good front seven play, adequately executed zone coverage, and one CB who won't get victimized by a superstar WR is really all you need for a good pass defense.

That's not to say though that offensive lineman who would help us are going to be available in FA to spend money on. We really need a LT (as Lang seems to be a good fit for our RT problem), and the only real way to get one of those is the draft.

Agreed, Lurker. Money for a pass-rusher or OL is much better money spent than on a CB. Those are guys you can draft and pan them out for cheap. It is harder to draft good OL (or so it seems for TT). I'd be happy with TWill at CB next year. This is a huge detriment to our nickel/dime depth. Who wants to rely on Jarrett Bush? :shock:

MichiganPackerFan
11-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Harris has stated that he wants to play into his 40's even if it means being a nickle or dime. It wouldn't surprise me if he finds a way back in. As stated above he's a complete specimen and if anyone can recover from an ACL at 36, it's Alshinard Harris. Meanwhile lets hope that the young guys make the best of their opportunities.

Completely agree. The guy works harder than anyone. Didn't he try to play through a spleen injury last season? And then heal very quickly? Can't replace him.

MichiganPackerFan
11-23-2009, 11:21 AM

Brian Brohm
Brandon Jackson
Pat Lee

MY only complaint about BJ was that McCarthy didn't give him any playing time the first half of last season when grant was out. I've liked what I've seen a lot out of him lately.

MichiganPackerFan
11-23-2009, 11:25 AM

That's one thing I was thinking: do either Harris or Kampman belong in the Packer HOF? Driver's headed there for sure. Probably Woodson too. What about Clifton and Tauscher? Where does the line get drawn?

3irty1
11-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Harris states that he'll be back in six months.

"I’m going to play three to four more years. This injury wasn’t in my plan. Playing a few more years is.”

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Al-Harris-Ill-be-back-in-6-months.html

red
11-23-2009, 12:27 PM

"I’m going to play three to four more years. This injury wasn’t in my plan. Playing a few more years is.”

good to hear

packers11
11-23-2009, 12:33 PM

good to hear

what a warrior

Waldo
11-23-2009, 12:37 PM

One guy that might be a solid FA pickup at CB is Stanford Routt. He's Oakland's nickel, and will be a UFA next year. Oakland players tend to play better outside of Oakland; the one position where Oakland tends to be real good is CB. He's given up a high completion % this year, but isn't targeted that much and has only given up 1 TD all year. He's got the height that TT likes at CB, and the speed that TT likes at CB, and at 26, there is still upside there as he is just entering his prime. Might be value there.

mngolf19
11-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Saints just signed Mike McKenzie today after signing Chris McAlister last week.

Fritz
11-23-2009, 12:53 PM

I like the attitude, but I'm glad he didn't have a hand and a leg amputated.[/b]

red
11-23-2009, 02:16 PM

I like the attitude, but I'm glad he didn't have a hand and a leg amputated.[/b]

a one legged al harris with no arms is still better then bush

Freak Out
11-23-2009, 02:22 PM
Saints just signed Mike McKenzie today after signing Chris McAlister last week.

Mobb would have shot a load if TT could have landed "Mac da great" for one more run. :)

pbmax
11-23-2009, 02:26 PM

And better than a team of mini-Ditkas.

red
11-23-2009, 02:30 PM

And better than a team of mini-Ditkas.

but not a hurricane named ditka

SnakeLH2006
11-23-2009, 05:12 PM

C'mon Red, that is preposterous. A drunk, infantile, parapalegic monkey that uses it's tail to sloth around, and can only see 4 feet to the left out of one eye, is still better than Jarrett Bush.

Get well Al! He was a warrior indeed.

MJZiggy
11-23-2009, 07:48 PM
At this point in the season, whom can you sign off the street whose going to be worth a whit? Ahmad Carroll?

Josh Bell?

Fritz
11-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Guess we'll find out how much a whit is worth, and if it's worth it.

Bretsky
11-23-2009, 08:26 PM
bretsky,

Talking about better talent after our picks.......and referring to RBs is just ridiculous. There is no way we were going to pick a RB after we had just PAID Grant and drafted Bjack.

Hmmm; not sure if I agree. Had Ray Rice fallen one pick lower I think if TTT does buy into BPA he'd have considered him instead of Brohm. He'd have been too ood to pass on there IMO.

TT did take Nelson after he had a dang good 1-3 combo. He had Driver making good money and planned to extend Jennings. I don't think the RB would have been out of the question had Rice been there.

SnakeLH2006
11-23-2009, 08:53 PM
bretsky,

Hmmm; not sure if I agree. Had Ray Rice fallen one pick lower I think if TTT does buy into BPA he'd have considered him instead of Brohm. He'd have been too ood to pass on there IMO.

TT did take Nelson after he had a dang good 1-3 combo. He had Driver making good money and planned to extend Jennings. I don't think the RB would have been out of the question had Rice been there.

I'd agree with you Brett on this one. Ted's always about the Best Player Available. There's no way he'd pass on a great talent. Grant has been deece, but no way we're gonna give a 30 year old a big contract in a year or two when he's an UFA (Grant). I wouldn't mind a good RB through the draft (the only way you get those guys anyway).

But let's be real. You know Ted has BPA tatted across his abs.

ThunderDan
11-23-2009, 10:01 PM
bretsky,

I disagree. With Favre retired we really had 1 QB on the roster. We had to draft a QB early. ARod still hadn't proven that he could play hurt.

I thought we would package our two 2s and trade up to get Flacco.

If Favre doesn't retire we can use both 2s to bolster our O or D no need to draft QB.

Bretsky
11-23-2009, 10:06 PM
bretsky,

I disagree. With Favre retired we really had 1 QB on the roster. We had to draft a QB early. ARod still hadn't proven that he could play hurt.

I thought we would package our two 2s and trade up to get Flacco.

If Favre doesn't retire we can use both 2s to bolster our O or D no need to draft QB.

Can always sign a vet via ............ if they choose and there were other QB's like Josh Booty and Chad Henne availalbe via the draft. Ray Rice sure would look sweet in Green n Gold.

Probably good Ray Rice wasn't there for us

If we passed him the Brohm pick would be even more painful. He's the real deal IMO

SnakeLH2006
11-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Ray Rice sure would look sweet in Green n Gold. Probably good Ray Rice wasn't there for us

If we passed him the Brohm pick would be even more painful.

:bang: Why'd you have to bring that up, Brett? :cry: