PDA

View Full Version : O-Line - How Were They?

Fritz
11-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Offensive line? I only got to watch the last quarter and a half. How did they play? Colledge? Tauscher?

TennesseePackerBacker
11-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Impressive. Only 1 or 2 holding calls, no false starts. They opened plenty of holes in the running game. Pass Pro was really good until the 2nd half meltdown. AR held on to the ball too long on one of the sacks, Havner or Tausch missed a chip on a screen for the other.

Overall I was very impressed. They seemed to be rotating Lang and Tausch as well, I wonder if McFatty covered that in his presser?

mission
11-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Tauscher had a complete o-le to give up a sack. Colledge played well from what I can tell... Lang looked real good out on the edge when Tauscher was out.

Not sure what to make of these guys... these seem to be coming together a bit.

There were some gaffes in the screen game but I felt they blocked this play better than they have, and with more regularity, than they have in a few years.

mission
11-22-2009, 05:33 PM
AR held on to the ball too long on one of the sacks,

The one where the defender ran right inside of Tauscher and all he did was turn around and look at Rodgers get smacked? He had about half a second on that play.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-22-2009, 05:35 PM
AR held on to the ball too long on one of the sacks,

The one where the defender ran right inside of Tauscher and all he did was turn around and look at Rodgers get smacked? He had about half a second on that play.

No no, the other sack(we only gave up two) where AR had 3-4 seconds, moved up into the pocket and it collapsed, I'd say they doled out a couple of half sacks on that one.

I don't know if the half second sack was Tauscher's fault. Havner turned to block him, never made contact, and then turned like he was running a screen. Tauscher never thought of blocking his end, they were zone blocking and all turned toward the left sideline. In that scheme you block what crosses your face. The DE came from behind Tauscher, he never saw him coming.

Maxie the Taxi
11-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Impressive. Only 1 or 2 holding calls, no false starts. They opened plenty of holes in the running game. Pass Pro was really good until the 2nd half meltdown. AR held on to the ball too long on one of the sacks, Havner or Tausch missed a chip on a screen for the other.

Overall I was very impressed. They seemed to be rotating Lang and Tausch as well, I wonder if McFatty covered that in his presser?

Yeah. He said they were counting Taucher's reps.

KYPack
11-22-2009, 08:52 PM
They found a spot for Barbre.

In sweats, on the Inactive list.

With Jocko.

Mish had the call on Tausch, but man the guy played hard on a leg and a half.

Colledge appeared to have a slight rebound.

Lang and Sitton are our right side of the future.

Wells hung in there, but had a hurtful penalty late.

Cliffy seems healthy finally.

red
11-22-2009, 10:08 PM
o=line looked much better today

they went from being a complete joke, to actually looking like a bunch of nfl linemen

retailguy
11-22-2009, 10:13 PM

With Jocko.

good summary. barbre is almost exactly where he needs to be. Lang has looked surprisingly good. Tausch should be a good mentor.

Sitton has been our best lineman this year, by far.

Colledge is a lost cause. Cliffy is old. Wells is serviceable and should continue to be. This line does not miss Spitz.

But today, they played well. And for that, I am very grateful. Will they play well next week? That is, and always has been the question with this line. You never know. You just never know.

KYPack
11-23-2009, 06:50 AM

With Jocko.

good summary. barbre is almost exactly where he needs to be. Lang has looked surprisingly good. Tausch should be a good mentor.

Colledge is a lost cause. Cliffy is old. Wells is serviceable and should continue to be. This line does not miss Spitz.

But today, they played well. And for that, I am very grateful. Will they play well next week? That is, and always has been the question with this line. You never know. You just never know.

I was trying to recall any player like Colledge. I can't recall a man having an awful 4th season like he is having. I never felt he was "our best OLineman" last season, but he wasn't THIS bad. I wouldn't think he stays on the roster, but we'll see.

pbmax
11-23-2009, 07:13 AM

With Jocko.

I was trying to recall any player like Colledge. I can't recall a man having an awful 4th season like he is having. I never felt he was "our best OLineman" last season, but he wasn't THIS bad. I wouldn't think he stays on the roster, but we'll see.
Well, winning the best of award wasn't the most ringing endorsement for an Offensive lineman last year, but it would have meant more than this year.

And I disagree with Spitz, Wells has struggled a bit in two of his games since Spitz went out with his back. He had a hold this game and struggled with Williams in the 2nd Viking game.