PDA

View Full Version : Kampman done for the year

highlander
11-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Bill Micheals is reprting that Kampy is done for the year :(

Willard
11-22-2009, 05:50 PM
costly win.

MM needs to rally the troups now. we need some folks to step up: Jones & Bush (?)....i threw up a little in my mouth....

pack4to84
11-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Cyril Obiozor and T. Ford should be brought up from PS.

Bossman641
11-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Tough news. I think Jones can do a decent job of filling in but Harris hurts.

Fosco33
11-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Very disappointing for Kampy. He worked hard to make the transition and now this... the recovery period is long. Don't think this will hurt half as much as losing Al.

Wonder if we'll franchise/trade him in offseason or just not resign. Is there anyone else we'd like to protect?

red
11-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Very disappointing for Kampy. He worked hard to make the transition and now this... the recovery period is long. Don't think this will hurt half as much as losing Al.

Wonder if we'll franchise/trade him in offseason or just not resign. Is there anyone else we'd like to protect?

thats a tough call. you'd be tagging a guy with a serious injury. would anyone trade for him with a serious injury.

we could get stuck with him

BallHawk
11-22-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm thinking the same thing as others: this injury hurts us when it comes to tagging him in the offseason. Before we maybe could have swung a trade but now he's damaged goods.

pbmax
11-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Did he update his original report? He kept hinting it was serious but saying the intital report is 2-4 weeks.

pbmax
11-22-2009, 06:42 PM
JSO has a league source saying the initial prognosis for Kampman is out for the year. League source for JSO is often an agent rather than player or team official.

3irty1
11-22-2009, 08:20 PM
It might be to Kampman's benefit to sign for a year. Not sure it'd be with us though.

Partial
11-22-2009, 08:20 PM
It might be to Kampman's benefit to sign for a year. Not sure it'd be with us though.

I don't think it will be either. Minne.

gbgary
11-22-2009, 08:25 PM
i never heard what the actual injury was...anyone?

edit...acl too. dang it.

Bretsky
11-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Honestly, very sad that Kampy was injured. He was nothing but class even after GB switched to a D he was not comfortable in. I think it was likely he was going somewhere else next year via trade or choice. Either way this injury cost him a good chunk of change

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2009, 12:36 AM
DAYUM...!

SnakeLH2006
11-23-2009, 02:38 AM
Wow...this is terrible news. First Al, now Kampy? Damn.

Personally, the loss of Al is much bigger than the loss of Kampy. Al was a difference maker where him and Wood really locked down the receivers. Kampy can be replaced much easier at this point. Look how well he mixed up the blitzing last week vs. the Cowboys. Either way...sucks for Kampy. Nothing but a class act.

red
11-23-2009, 08:59 AM
wow, i jusy saw something that scared the crap out of me

what if the queens scoop him up for cheap?

you almost have to tag him to try and keep him away from the queens and bears IMO

pbmax
11-23-2009, 09:03 AM

you almost have to tag him to try and keep him away from the queens and bears IMO
Seriously, is 30 year old Aaron Kampman, off an injury and a position change, better than Ray Edwards at this point?

red
11-23-2009, 09:12 AM

Seriously, is 30 year old Aaron Kampman, off an injury and a position change, better than Ray Edwards at this point?

:huh:

i wouldn't want to play against kampman

mraynrand
11-23-2009, 10:03 AM

Trade him to the Jets. That will keep the Vikes from getting him.

MichiganPackerFan
11-23-2009, 11:43 AM

Trade him to the Jets. That will keep the Vikes from getting him.

But only for one season

red
11-23-2009, 12:05 PM
this was just confirmed by m3 at his presser

both gone for the year

mngolf19
11-23-2009, 12:07 PM

I don't think it will be either. Minne.

Agree.

CaliforniaCheez
11-24-2009, 01:08 AM

YES

Partial
11-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Minnesota is the perfect spot for him because he will get situational time early, and more time as the his health improves and the season goes on (and the starters are starting to wear down). This would give them very good depth for the end spot and Kamp could spell both Edwards and Allen, and addition by subtraction to a division rival.

Sadly, I could easily see this happening.

Rastak
11-24-2009, 06:32 AM

YES

Ray has been lights out the last two games and pretty damn good the whole year. If it didn't cost a fortune I'd add a player like Kampman in a minute but I am not so sure he'd get the majority of snaps. Put it this way, Edwards has been inconsistent before this year....Kampman has been very consistent....

BUT

This year, Edwards has been consistently good. Unless he tails off he's my starter. He's younger and going upward while Kampman can only go down from here.

Merlin
11-25-2009, 12:20 PM
If Kampman can come back from the injury, you DO NOT want him to sign with the Vikings. Kampman is a work horse, he will bounce back and although may not be what he was, he will be better than most at DE. So having him on one end and Allen on the other, that is not a defense I want to face twice a year.

mngolf19
11-25-2009, 12:29 PM
And they could use a situational/backup at the LDE. Robison is the backup for Allen and they like to rotate all the guys alot. So Kampman as the above at a reasonable cost would fit perfect. Coming off an injury and at his age reasonable seems reasonable.