PDA

View Full Version : Time to feast on some Lion

Fosco33
11-22-2009, 06:55 PM
The Packers better get as healthy as they can - fast. Kickoff is a little over 3.5 days away.

I hope Mike revisits the 2003 game for motivation. Sherman's 6-5 club lost to Detroit 22-14 in a poor effort game (going to .500).

7-4 feels a lot better than 6-5.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/favre/articles/favre_24238970.shtml

Thoughts on this game?

Freak Out
11-22-2009, 07:08 PM
If the damn Browns can score the way they did we should score 70. The D will be ready for Culpecker.

Scott Campbell
11-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Who's covering Calvin Johnson?

Guiness
11-22-2009, 07:20 PM

I hear my phone ringing...

Seriously, why do people keep asking that? I assume it will be Woodson. I think he would be covering him anyways, IMO Harris matches up poorly against Johnson, same as he did against TO and Buress.

Scott Campbell
11-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Seriously, why do people keep asking that?

Because Al Harris got hurt today.

pbmax
11-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Tank. He has had some success against tall receivers before, I have heard.

bobblehead
11-22-2009, 07:58 PM

Seriously, why do people keep asking that? I assume it will be Woodson. I think he would be covering him anyways, IMO Harris matches up poorly against Johnson, same as he did against TO and Buress.

Unbelievable you people...the dude has 2 bad games in his entire career....Buress played the best game of his life that day no less, and suddenly he can't match up with big guys.

Let me tell you something, Harris is still covering fools like CJ in his sleep. The only reason he gave up a TD much less a catch today was a monster push off that for some reason the ref 2 steps away couldn't see.

Harris has to be the most underappreciated packer in HISTORY!!

edit: I forgot to ask...why do teams keep throwing at Woodson again??

Brandon494
11-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Agree with bobblehead, Al Harris is a beast. We would have been ok with Kampman but losing lock down corners like Al Harris are costly.

Guiness
11-22-2009, 10:17 PM

Unbelievable you people...the dude has 2 bad games in his entire career....Buress played the best game of his life that day no less, and suddenly he can't match up with big guys.

Let me tell you something, Harris is still covering fools like CJ in his sleep. The only reason he gave up a TD much less a catch today was a monster push off that for some reason the ref 2 steps away couldn't see.

Don't get me wrong, I think AH is a great corner, and I love the way he plays the game. But saying he's had 2 bad games his whole career is a leeeetle bit of a stretch. And my comment above wasn't intended that way - I was just saying I thought it would be CWood covering Johnson anyways. And even if AH was going to, there's certainly nothing wrong with having Woodson on him, and I don't see what the problem is.

Crabtree's TD catch, btw, was legit, and that was a good call by the ref. Harris had his arm half wrapped around Crabtree, and probably would've gotten a PI if Crabtree hadn't pushed off and made the catch. Ref did the 'fair is fair' thing.

Does anyone remember a game against Philli the first season AH was here? My memory might be a little off, but I recall a game his first season here...he was our 3rd CB, and he had to come in to replace (McKenzie?). It was near the goal line, and he immeditely gave up a game winning completion to an Eagles receiver. I remember thinking 'who is this bum we gave up a draft pick for??? Little did I know.

retailguy
11-22-2009, 10:18 PM

Jarrett Bush. :shock:

pbmax
11-22-2009, 10:46 PM

Because unlike year's past, he has been covering the best receiver/TE. He is also good at baiting the throw. When Al is effective, the WR is on his butt.

pbmax
11-22-2009, 10:48 PM
And they threw on Al today. I seem to remember a TD came out of his coverage. He's good. But he's not perfect.

The problem is that he is probably better than his replacement.

Brandon494
11-22-2009, 10:50 PM
And they threw on Al today. I seem to remember a TD came out of his coverage. He's good. But he's not perfect.

The problem is that he is probably better than his replacement.

No one is saying he is perfect, but he is one of the best man coverage CBs in the league even at the age of 35.

MichiganPackerFan
11-23-2009, 11:10 AM
The Packers better get as healthy as they can - fast. Kickoff is a little over 3.5 days away.

I hope Mike revisits the 2003 game for motivation. Sherman's 6-5 club lost to Detroit 22-14 in a poor effort game (going to .500).

Thoughts on this game?

I was at that game in Detroit. Favre threw it a mile with that thumb on a last second hail mary. I remember I spend a LOT of money on beer as the game unfolded :evil:

SnakeLH2006
11-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Who's covering Calvin Johnson?Jarrett Bush. :shock:

http://www.englishrussia.com/forum/files/blank_facepalm_224.gif

Dear Lord how hath thou forsaken you?

pbmax
11-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Stafford is unlikely to play, looks like the Packers will see Culpepper.

pbmax
11-23-2009, 05:57 PM

How many better 5th cornerbacks and 4th safeties can anyone name? Does anyone really expect there are players who are better than Bush by leaps and bounds?

Its a scrapheap at the end of the roster for a position like CB. Filled with Special Teams guys and rookies. Would it take street free agents to convince everyone that the dropoff is about average?

mission
11-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Who's covering Calvin Johnson?Jarrett Bush. :shock:

http://www.englishrussia.com/forum/files/blank_facepalm_224.gif

Dear Lord how hath thou forsaken you?

Is that Matt Millen?

ThunderDan
11-23-2009, 06:22 PM

Thoughts on this game?

I was at that game in Detroit. Favre threw it a mile with that thumb on a last second hail mary. I remember I spend a LOT of money on beer as the game unfolded :evil:

It was an early snow year up North that year. I remember X-Country skiing that morning to gun shots. Skied the fastest 10ks in my life, you had to wear a blaze orange bib over your clothing before they would let you on the trails.

Had Turkey lunch and watched the horrible game. Ruined Thanksgiving and My Birthday.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2009, 06:42 PM

How many better 5th cornerbacks and 4th safeties can anyone name? Does anyone really expect there are players who are better than Bush by leaps and bounds?

Its a scrapheap at the end of the roster for a position like CB. Filled with Special Teams guys and rookies. Would it take street free agents to convince everyone that the dropoff is about average?

Does this mean that Champ Bailey's not out there waiting for Ted's call?

Fritz
11-23-2009, 07:14 PM

Thank you.

As for the Lions, well, let's see how it goes.

MJZiggy
11-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Don't we have a roster spot open at the moment???

MJZiggy
11-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Ha! Please see BH's thread on the new corner we signed!

SkinBasket
11-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Fuck Thanksgiving day football. What a bunch of horseshit. At least play the goddamn games at night when you know people can watch them without being bitched at for walking away from the dinner table.

MJZiggy
11-23-2009, 09:16 PM
We hold dinner until after the game...that's just 'cause we're cool that way.

(little antipasto can hold peeps for a while)

channtheman
11-24-2009, 02:18 AM
We hold dinner until after the game...that's just 'cause we're cool that way.

(little antipasto can hold peeps for a while)

We always got up early and ate about an hour before the game, then laid around all day and rested off the food while we watched the game. The late day dinners were reserved for Christmas.

MichiganPackerFan
11-24-2009, 09:15 AM

Thoughts on this game?

It was an early snow year up North that year. I remember X-Country skiing that morning to gun shots. Skied the fastest 10ks in my life, you had to wear a blaze orange bib over your clothing before they would let you on the trails.

Had Turkey lunch and watched the horrible game. Ruined Thanksgiving and My Birthday.

What was even worse is I had to pay like $200 / ticket

Freak Out
11-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Sounds like both Stafford and CJ are doubtful for the game.

The only way we don't score 50 in this game is if M3 decides now is the time to run the ball.

mission
11-24-2009, 06:01 PM

The only way we don't score 50 in this game is if M3 decides now is the time to run the ball.

We'll have 20+ at half again and limp in down the stretch (again).

Fritz
11-24-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm hearing Stafford is doubtful but I haven't heard much about CJ except that he's listed on the injury report with hand and shoulder problems - I just don't know what "level" he's listed at.

It'd help if he didn't play. He's hell to cover.

pbmax
11-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Fuck Thanksgiving day football. What a bunch of horseshit. At least play the goddamn games at night when you know people can watch them without being bitched at for walking away from the dinner table.
Its an early game. Eat after the game at 3:30 PM. Then when the more sensitive constitutions leave the table, roll the TV into the dining room. :D

pbmax
11-24-2009, 10:21 PM

We'll have 20+ at half again and limp in down the stretch (again).
Its no fair Retail Guy gets to have two logins. :lol:

Fosco33
11-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Did I call the easy headline or what??

Check out SI.com: "Packers Feast on Lions"

BallHawk
11-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Did I call the easy headline or what??

Check out SI.com: "Packers Feast on Lions"

ESPN has the same headline. :D

BallHawk
11-26-2009, 03:10 PM
I would like to commend Fox sports on their headline of "It's All Gravy." Way to step out of the box. :tup:

channtheman
11-27-2009, 08:14 PM
I would like to commend Fox sports on their headline of "It's All Gravy." Way to step out of the box. :tup:

I swear over half the shit analysis I read on Foxsports.com comes from this website. Other than a few changes, they will say the same exact thing and use the same less common words to describe it.

SnakeLH2006
11-28-2009, 12:50 AM

I swear over half the shit analysis I read on Foxsports.com comes from this website. Other than a few changes, they will say the same exact thing and use the same less common words to describe it.

LOL, Chan. So Foxsports copies our shit analysis? :huh: We need to set up a PayPal link to Packerrats.com to get some of that advertising cash at the least.

channtheman
11-28-2009, 12:55 AM

LOL, Chan. So Foxsports copies our shit analysis? :huh: We need to set up a PayPal link to Packerrats.com to get some of that advertising cash at the least.

LOL, I worded that wrong. I meant over half the shit I read here (good shit) I then reread a day or 2 later on foxsports where some "expert" came up with it. For example, someone here said the only team the Vikings beat with a winning record was the Packers. A couple days later some "expert" has discovered this as well and puts it in his playoff prediction thing on foxsports.com.

SnakeLH2006
11-28-2009, 01:02 AM

LOL, I worded that wrong. I meant over half the shit I read here (good shit) I then reread a day or 2 later on foxsports where some "expert" came up with it. For example, someone here said the only team the Vikings beat with a winning record was the Packers. A couple days later some "expert" has discovered this as well and puts it in his playoff prediction thing on foxsports.com.

LOL, I hear ya bud. Snake was just using a play on words on a play on words. FoxSports.com is terrible though. It reads like some Frosh writing class project...in high school. At least the terrible posters at FoxSports are pretty funny... :lol: