PDA

View Full Version : NFC WC contender schedules

digitaldean
11-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Here's what's left of the remaining wild card contenders after tonight:

Green Bay: at Detroit, Baltimore, at Chicago, at Pittsburgh, Seattle, at Arizona
NY Giants: at Denver, Dallas, Philly, at Washington, Carolina, at Minnesota
Philly: Washington, at Atlanta, at NY Giants, San Fran, Denver, at Dallas
Atlanta: Tampa, Philly, New Orleans, at NY Jets, Buffalo, at Tampa

Of all of them, Atlanta has by far the easiest schedule. Tampa twice plus a floundering Jets and Bills squads. 2 possible losses vs. Philly and N.O.

Giants: Dallas MAYBE (depending which Cowboy team shows), maybe Minny (which may be resting starters in that game anyway.

Philly a lot tougher with Dallas, Giants and Atlanta with MAYBE 2 losses between those 3.

Packers have the trap game in Detroit, Baltimore, at Pitts and at 'Zona. Packers have a razor thin margin for error here. They may have to win the Pittsburgh or 'Zona game just to make it in. Now with Al and Kampy out, it makes it that much tougher.

bobblehead
11-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Would the revenge motive of BF extend to throwing a game away if it kept the pack out of the playoffs??

digitaldean
11-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Nothing would shock me in that respect....

From what I've just been reading on the NYG and ATL game, NEITHER team has a defense worth a darn.

Looked like both offenses ran rough shot over each other.

Scott Campbell
11-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Would the revenge motive of BF extend to throwing a game away if it kept the pack out of the playoffs??

How could we tell the difference between that and one of his typical December games?

Smidgeon
11-23-2009, 01:32 AM

How could we tell the difference between that and one of his typical December games?

:rs:

SnakeLH2006
11-23-2009, 02:01 AM

Green Bay: at Detroit, Baltimore, at Chicago, at Pittsburgh, Seattle, at Arizona

Of all of them, Atlanta has by far the easiest schedule.

I'd agree with the Atlanta statement, DigitalDean. I was just watching Sportscenter and Berman just stated that Atlanta had played 7 of their last 9 games on the road. That's just brutal.

Also, that schedule looks easy as hell, not mention that they play 5 of their last 6 games at home. That's crucial...Yet they are 5-5...so they better win a bunch of those.

Packgator
11-23-2009, 08:20 AM

Packers are the only team on the list with 4 road games left. Dallas NOT winning the East and becomming a wild card player would be good for the Packers.

HarveyWallbangers
11-23-2009, 10:21 AM

Of all of them, Atlanta has by far the easiest schedule.

I'd agree with the Atlanta statement, DigitalDean. I was just watching Sportscenter and Berman just stated that Atlanta had played 7 of their last 9 games on the road. That's just brutal.

Also, that schedule looks easy as hell, not mention that they play 5 of their last 6 games at home. That's crucial...Yet they are 5-5...so they better win a bunch of those.

Looks like 4 of their last 6 game are at home. They have 5 losses and they could lose to Philly and New Orleans. We'll see. 9-7 may get Green Bay in, but they better get to 10-6 to pretty much assure themselves a spot. The Giants, Dallas, and Eagles will beat each other up a bit.

red
11-23-2009, 12:08 PM

lol

mngolf19
11-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Vikes may need the Giants game to get #1 seed. They'll likely play alot of backups but....

MOBB DEEP
11-23-2009, 12:32 PM

Bert the scourge.... :roll:

TennesseePackerBacker
11-23-2009, 01:09 PM

Packers are the only team on the list with 4 road games left. Dallas NOT winning the East and becomming a wild card player would be good for the Packers.

@ detroit, chicago and pit there is little to no travel time or time zone change. These always affect a team greatly, just ask the Bungles. I agree that road games in the NFL are still tough because of the environment, but I feel like the travel times and physical fatigue associated with long trips far outweigh any home field advantage.

@ Zona could pose a big problem. They might be resting starters at this point, but the potential after effects on a wild card game could be disastrous.

Just watch out for these Packers if we don't get too ravaged by injuries. These last 6 games are the real season. Every year we've seen a team get hot around this time frame and make a run deep in to the playoffs(there we actually several last year).

If the line gels, the mistakes cut down, and the special teams hold up. This team could go far. I think this ending schedule is the 2nd most favorable of the 4.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2009, 02:35 PM

Bert the scourge.......

Scourge???

Hmmm. I like it. I'll probably use it. But it needs an adjective ahead of it for more emphasis. Maybe traitorous scourge. Or filthy scourge. Or how bout filthy traitorous scourge?

SnakeLH2006
11-23-2009, 05:18 PM

Bert the scourge.......

Scourge???

Hmmm. I like it. I'll probably use it. But it needs an adjective ahead of it for more emphasis. Maybe traitorous scourge. Or filthy scourge. Or how bout filthy traitorous scourge?

Sounds like some modern forms of scurvy you are listing there, Scott. :)