PDA

View Full Version : 12 pound turkey challenge

SkinBasket
11-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Fuck me.

Anyway, if I don't lose 12 pounds by Thanksgiving, I'm going to masturbate into a jar then artificially inseminate my neutered cat. How's that for consequences?

I weigh more than most of you today. I didn't exercise today because I'm sick. Everyone's sick. Even the cocksucking cat is sick. He hasn't eaten in two days, maybe three. He might die soon. I hope he does it tonight, because the garbage truck comes tomorrow. I last exercised last Wednesday, when I submitted two blue belts at jiu jitsu. One of them blew snot all over his face while I choked him. The other just gave up because I was suffocating him in my loins while working a kimura on his old ass.

Breakfast: water.
Lunch: Frappachino. Vanilla.
Dinner: Fried rice, tortilla chips and salsa con queso (that means cheese with salsa madtown) and like 5 or 6 mini candy bars.

I used to love you. Now I would throw you down a well without a second thought.

Scott Campbell
11-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Sometimes I keep my feelings all bottled up inside of me. I'll bet the neighborhood cats are relieved.

HowardRoark
11-23-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm going to masturbate into a jar then artificially inseminate my neutered cat.

Be careful with your wrist.

Freak Out
11-23-2009, 09:22 PM
I never realized you could fuck up formatting so much with just text?

MJZiggy
11-23-2009, 09:38 PM
What the hell happened?

Would it make you feel better if I told you that today I had:

breakfast: hot chocolate and mixed nuts
tea
lunch: rice noodle soup, cheetos, 2 cookies, peanut m&ms
dinner: yogurt, cheese, a peanut butter cup and I'll think of something else eventually.

SkinBasket
11-24-2009, 07:47 AM
I never realized you could fuck up formatting so much with just text?

My apologies. It has been fixed.

SkinBasket
11-24-2009, 07:48 AM
What the hell happened?

I forgot to add the dinner bottle of pinot grigio + 1 glass of Riesling (for dessert).

hoosier
11-24-2009, 08:05 AM
What's the rumpus? What happened to the previous turkey thread, the one with all the declarations and prognostications about lifting weights and losing weight and eating or not eating?

SkinBasket
11-29-2009, 10:36 PM
weight: 204
exercise: none

breakfast: golden grahams and 2% milk
lunch: potatoes au gratin and 2% milk
dinner: 1 dozen crab rangoons, 1 mild beef szechuan beef with white rice, 3 vodka gimlets, and 1 peppermint candy.

Fuck ya'll.

Zool
11-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Holy shit a dozen? Way to eat chubbs

SkinBasket
11-30-2009, 07:27 AM
Holy shit a dozen? Way to eat chubbs

Yeah, well it's 7:30am and I've taken my 3rd shit of the day already.

SkinBasket
11-30-2009, 08:40 AM

Little Whiskey
11-30-2009, 11:07 AM

Wow, impressive.

SkinBasket
11-30-2009, 12:02 PM

Wow, impressive.

5. This one had an entirely undigested shitake mushroom in it.

mraynrand
11-30-2009, 12:27 PM
This thread should be in the Sons of Anarchy thread

Little Whiskey
11-30-2009, 12:30 PM

Wow, impressive.

5. This one had an entirely undigested shitake mushroom in it.

you should really chew your food before you swallow. digestion starts in the mouth. without proper chewing your stomach has little chance.

you might also choke.

SkinBasket
12-01-2009, 10:08 AM
weight: 200.8
exercise: unwilling colon cleansing and the exhausting daily labor of raising two boys

breakfast: golden grahams and 2% milk
lunch: turkey and potatoes au gratin and 2% milk
diner: beef tenderloin stroganoff with garlic, mushrooms, and green onion served over egg noodles and topped with Parmesan cheese, a handful of potato chips, and two walnut/coconut cookies with a bottle of Sterling Pinot Noir.

While my weight has remained constant, the muscular gains have visually offset my belly. That provides motivation to start actually getting in shape soon.

Freak Out
12-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Basket old boy...you need to find a way to work some wonderful spam into the diet.

http://www.bryanreesman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/MontySpam.jpg

SkinBasket
12-01-2009, 09:52 PM
I totally worked out today. Details to follow.

SkinBasket
12-02-2009, 09:50 AM
weight: 201.5
exercise: weights (chest, back, quads), balance ball sit-ups, and some pilates leg crap for my core and ass.

breakfast: sweat and tears
lunch: ham, sweet potatoes, and potatoes au gratin with 2% milk
diner: 2/3 of a cheese pizza, 2 beef stcks, 6 cheese cubes, 1 cookie, and 5 mini candy bars, and 4 gimlets.

I need to stay hydrated better. I had to get up like 4 times last night just to get a drink of water. I guess that counts as exercise too though.

SkinBasket
12-05-2009, 02:58 PM
weight: 202.8
exercise: hamstrings, quads, traps, and chest.

breakfast: half bowl of golden grahams and 2% milk
lunch: kashi veggie bake with buttered bread and 2% milk
dinner: spinach/ricotta ravioli with spinach, bacon, and garlic topping. Pinot noir, cheese and beef sticks, and two cookies.

I'm starting to groove into the routine and relish the pain. I'm on the verge of starting in earnest! I can feel it!

MJZiggy
12-05-2009, 03:31 PM

dinner: spinach/ricotta ravioli with spinach, bacon, and garlic topping. Pinot noir, cheese and beef sticks, and two cookies.

I'm starting to groove into the routine and relish the pain. I'm on the verge of starting in earnest! I can feel it!

Recipe?

SkinBasket
12-05-2009, 05:09 PM

Recipe?

We use pre-made ravioli. While the water's boiling and the pasta's cooking, cook 6 slices of good bacon, take it out and crumble it. Wipe the pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, and brown 2 chopped cloves garlic. Add 8 cups spinach, and the bacon, with1 tablespoon lemon juice. Salt and pepper to your taste. Dump it on the ravioli and eat it. I add a little Parmesan on top - for my diet's sake.

MJZiggy
12-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Tomorrow night's dinner...

SkinBasket
12-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Tomorrow night's dinner...

It's a very robustly flavored and quick dinner. I'm just glad the worst poster on the board could contribute to a kind hearted fair discussion.

Partial
12-05-2009, 05:28 PM
You can't leave anything alone. You're pathetic. As usual, you are the instigator. You have it coming, I hope you understand this.

SkinBasket
12-05-2009, 05:39 PM
You can't leave anything alone. You're pathetic. As usual, you are the instigator. You have it coming, I hope you understand this.

I would appreciate not being threatened or told what I can and cannot post while trying to have a conversation with another poster. Also, if you don't have something positive to say about my diet plan/exercise routine, I would appreciate you keeping your comments to yourself. Thank you.

Partial
12-05-2009, 05:44 PM
zxcv

MJZiggy
12-05-2009, 06:06 PM

Recipe?

We use pre-made ravioli. While the water's boiling and the pasta's cooking, cook 6 slices of good bacon, take it out and crumble it. Wipe the pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, and brown 2 chopped cloves garlic. Add 8 cups spinach, and the bacon, with1 tablespoon lemon juice. Salt and pepper to your taste. Dump it on the ravioli and eat it. I add a little Parmesan on top - for my diet's sake.

I never would have thought of the lemon juice...Do you think it would work well with Canadian bacon? I seem to have an abundance that needs to be used soon.

HowardRoark
12-05-2009, 06:29 PM

Recipe?

I never would have thought of the lemon juice...Do you think it would work well with Canadian bacon? I seem to have an abundance that needs to be used soon.

They ship.....

http://www.nueskes.com/

SkinBasket
12-05-2009, 06:45 PM

Recipe?

They ship.....

http://www.nueskes.com/

The only bacon we use.

Not so sure about the Canadian bacon. Isn't that more like ham? The bacon adds a lot of the smoky flavor that compliments the cheese in the ravioli, so I would stick with that.

Zool
12-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Canadian bacon is a bit more smokey than just ham but it wouldnt give that little bit of crunch that bacon crumbles do. It would work in a pinch I would think but not deliver as well.

Where is the Skinbasket recipe thread? There was some good stuff in there.

SkinBasket
12-06-2009, 09:14 PM
exercise: none. other than setting up the Christmas tree, saturday was a recovery day.

breakfast: a banana/carnation instant breakfast/milk/frozen berry smoothie
lunch: microwave Chinese noodle meal.
dinner: some shrimp, corn, bacon, and rice meal my wife made, chips, cheese cubes, and the last coconut cookie. And a bottle of syrah - which means an early morning headache.

My metabolism is really picking up. My boobs are also bigger. I am becoming more powerful.

hoosier
12-07-2009, 08:33 AM
What is with the cheese cubes? It reminds me of my two year old's diet: grapes, cheese sticks, goldfish, bread, more cheese sticks, some more cheese sticks.

SkinBasket
12-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Sharp cheddar cut into convenient bite sized servings then paired with processed meat, cheddar flavored chips and red wine? What's not to like?

hoosier
12-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Sharp cheddar cut into convenient bite sized servings then paired with processed meat, cheddar flavored chips and red wine? What's not to like?

Leaves finger tips coated with orange residue which, when washed with warm water and hand soap, turns into an orangey-yellow paste that covers fingers, soap and hand towel.

SkinBasket
12-07-2009, 01:37 PM

Leaves finger tips coated with orange residue which, when washed with warm water and hand soap, turns into an orangey-yellow paste that covers fingers, soap and hand towel.

This is cheese, not cheetos.

SkinBasket
12-07-2009, 02:45 PM

My exercise routine was interrupted by an impromptu family lunch. Not sure which is a bigger pain in the ass.

breakfast: scrambled eggs, ketchup, and milk
lunch: a small lobster, freshly murdered with steam, french fries, and water
diner: 2/3 of a cheese pizza, chips, some candy, popcorn, and a few gimlets

Tyrone Bigguns
12-08-2009, 12:29 AM

Processed meats. Yuck.

SkinBasket
12-08-2009, 07:08 AM

Processed meats. Yuck.

Kind of hard to find hand made summer sausage or beef sticks these days.

Weight: 198.6
Exercise: jiujitsu.
breakfast: homemade ranch chicken nuggets, miracle whip, and milk
snack: a small sprite
lunch: microwave asian noodle soup and water
diner: clams in garlic wine sauce, potato chips, crackers and cheese spread, several candies, and a bottle of sauvignon blanc.

Little Whiskey
12-08-2009, 12:12 PM

Processed meats. Yuck.

unless your a farmer/rancher (or hunter) and butcher, arn't all meats processed?

Tyrone Bigguns
12-08-2009, 11:30 PM

Processed meats. Yuck.

unless your a farmer/rancher (or hunter) and butcher, arn't all meats processed?

Processed ain't the same as butchered, etc.

It implies something completely else.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-08-2009, 11:31 PM

Processed meats. Yuck.

Kind of hard to find hand made summer sausage or beef sticks these days.

Weight: 198.6
Exercise: jiujitsu.
breakfast: homemade ranch chicken nuggets, miracle whip, and milk
snack: a small sprite
lunch: microwave asian noodle soup and water
diner: clams in garlic wine sauce, potato chips, crackers and cheese spread, several candies, and a bottle of sauvignon blanc.

Not really. They have this cool thing called the internet, and you can find purveyors who ship all across the country.

for example: http://www.heritagefoodsusa.com/farmers/charcuterie.html

or

http://www.salumeriabiellese.com/

key words to search: charcuterie or salumeria.

Little Whiskey
12-09-2009, 01:06 PM
actually skin, deer season is finishing up and you should be able to find hand made sausage and beef/venison stick all around. just find a friend who hunts. I think nutz is a hunter. maybe if your nice to him he would share.

HowardRoark
12-09-2009, 08:48 PM
It's going to be 5 days of exercise per week come January and it's going to be spectacular. Big things are coming. I'm feeling it!

SkinBasket
12-09-2009, 09:13 PM
weight: 199.5
exercise: shoveling hundreds of pounds of compressed snow and ice when our plow driver drove his busted ass truck over our driveway several times then drove away shouting, "I can't even steer my truck!" because his power steering fluid was splattered all over the place.

breakfast: banana/carnation/milk/frozen berry smoothie
lunch: spaghettios with milk
dinner: homemade mac and cheese with prosciutto, spinach, and truffle oil, toasted chips and cheese spread, candy, and a bottle of red wine.

SkinBasket
12-18-2009, 08:45 AM
I've managed to gain almost 10 pounds in the last week, so I'm considering this diet a great success. I'm simultaneously building muscle and fat! It's like having my cake and literally eating it too.

weight: 207.8
exercise: resting a sore neck and shoulders.
breakfast: Perkins pot roast with mac and cheese and mashed potatoes and gravy and a bun with water.
Lunch: 3 grapes
diner: chicken wings with ranch dressing, mac and cheese, potato chips, two chocolate covered pretzels, and a terrible bottle of sauvignon blanc that I bought because it had a coupon for two dollars off the hamburger I bought.

MJZiggy
12-18-2009, 09:10 PM
'Kay Skin, just for you--

Weight: I still don't care
Exercise: knitting and talking to people

Breakfast: yoplait and a PowerBar (extra energy)

Lunch/Dinner: crab legs, shrimp, prosciutto ham, pasta bolognese, breaded fish, fruit. (I'm forgettting something--oh right, salad) and soda.

Dessert: ice cream sundae with extra cherries in a waffle cone, peanut butter mousse, and tiramisu (dammit I forgot to grab some cheesecake.)

HowardRoark
12-19-2009, 12:01 AM

Lunch/Dinner: crab legs, shrimp, prosciutto ham, pasta bolognese, breaded fish, fruit. (I'm forgettting something--oh right, salad) and soda.

Dessert: ice cream sundae with extra cherries in a waffle cone, peanut butter mousse, and tiramisu (dammit I forgot to grab some cheesecake.)

Don't you have to shovel snow?

SkinBasket
12-19-2009, 08:08 AM

I'm assuming you're a fan of one of those disgusting pits of humanity, sweat, and stomach fodder known to humans as a "buffet?" My wife tries to get me to go to those, and I remind her how she feels after we go. That usually ends the conversation.

SkinBasket
12-19-2009, 08:12 AM
weight: 203.2
exercise: 1.5 mile circuit de skinbasket

breakfast: oatmeal with a banana and water
lunch: 1 beef stick and 2 Parliment Lights
diner: ravioli with bacon spinach topping, potato chips and 1 more beef stick, popcorn, and several peanut butter cups, and 3 gimlets.

MJZiggy
12-19-2009, 08:59 AM

The snow didn't start until I was almost home and won't stop until sometime tomorrow so no shoveling yet. Looking out the window, looks like almost 6 inches last night. And I still have to do some major Christmas shopping. (Unless someone can FedEx me some Lego base plates at least 6x8 inches)

Skin, it was a holiday party, not the buffet.

MichiganPackerFan
12-19-2009, 12:00 PM

The snow didn't start until I was almost home and won't stop until sometime tomorrow so no shoveling yet. Looking out the window, looks like almost 6 inches last night. And I still have to do some major Christmas shopping. (Unless someone can FedEx me some Lego base plates at least 6x8 inches)

Skin, it was a holiday party, not the buffet.

People here are funny about snow. I helped a couple get their mini cooper unstuck when they tried to pull around a corner into a parking spot through 8 inches of snow. Seriously. They thought the car would magically push the snow out of the way :shock:

Little Whiskey
12-19-2009, 01:23 PM
People here are funny about snow. I helped a couple get their mini cooper unstuck when they tried to pull around a corner into a parking spot through 8 inches of snow. Seriously. They thought the car would magically push the snow out of the way :shock:

We get 2-3 cars a month in the ditch in front of our house during the winter. the latest car to enjoy my ditch, i found out, was a repeat customer. She visited about the same time last year.

Oh lookie its snowing. wonder who will stop by today?

dumbasses!!!

SkinBasket
12-21-2009, 09:09 AM
weight: 201.6
exercise: stacking a load of firewood and punching myself in the balls repeatedly after the Packer game.

breakfast: tuna salad sandwich with spinach and provolone and green tea
lunch: microwave ziti, buttered bread, trail mix, and more green tea
Diner: homemade general tso chicken with brown rice, potato chips, a beef stick, and a bottle of pinot grigio.

I figure I could lose a couple of pounds by shaving my chest, but the hairless look makes me look fatter. Decisions. Decisions.

SkinBasket
12-22-2009, 07:55 AM
I've almost completed the turkey challenge in the last 4 days. Another couple days of trail mix and I should be right there! How exciting!

weight: 198.6
exercise: 1.5 circuit in morning. jiu jitsu in the evening.

breakfast: trail mix and water.
lunch: half a tuna sandwich and green tea and more trail mix
diner: spinach mushroom pizza, tortilla chips and salsa con queso, candy corn, and red wine.

Scott Campbell
12-22-2009, 08:11 AM
I've almost completed the turkey challenge in the last 4 days. Another couple days of trail mix and I should be right there! How exciting!

weight: 198.6
exercise: 1.5 circuit in morning. jiu jitsu in the evening.

breakfast: trail mix and water.
lunch: half a tuna sandwich and green tea and more trail mix
diner: spinach mushroom pizza, tortilla chips and salsa con queso, candy corn, and red wine.

I didn't know they still made that shit.

SkinBasket
02-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooooo!! !

weight: 206
breakfast: carnation instant breakfast with 2% milk
lunch: ham and provolone sandwich, 1 carrot, 1 liter of green tea, and zantrex3.
snack: nuts and glucosamine chondroitin
dinner: filet mignon, mac and cheese, doritos, and candy with a bottle of cabernet sauvignon.

exercise: high-rep, high speed curls (and reverse curls), triceps pulldowns, and a variety of benches. I need to stretch and strengthen the elbows to stave off medial and lateral epicondylitis which has become an issue.

Here's one review of zantrex 3 that made me decide to try it straight out of the discontinued/discount bin at walgreens:

Pamela
Thumbs Down

Withing 2 days of starting this pill...as directed...I was depressed...thinking of committing suicide...I could not sleep...I was cold, shaking, every bone in my head hurt...including my teeth, jaw bone, cheek bones...I am taking it back and asking the store I bought it at to pull it off the shelves!!

Scott Campbell
02-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Here's one review of zantrex 3 that made me decide to try it straight out of the discontinued/discount bin at walgreens:

Pamela
Thumbs Down

Withing 2 days of starting this pill...as directed...I was depressed...thinking of committing suicide...I could not sleep...I was cold, shaking, every bone in my head hurt...including my teeth, jaw bone, cheek bones...I am taking it back and asking the store I bought it at to pull it off the shelves!!

I wouldn't believe all the hype - she's probably just a company shill.

hoosier
02-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Do you drink the bottle of Cab by yourself or does your spouse help you?

SkinBasket
02-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Do you drink the bottle of Cab by yourself or does your spouse help you?

She doesn't like wine. Unfortunately I am left to drink those bottles by myself. I used to think a bottle a night might be too much, but it works out quite nicely considering how much food I eat and it's not like I'm still drunk the next morning.

hoosier
02-08-2010, 03:33 PM
I am in a similar boat: a wife who doesn't appreciate the pleasures of wine, and kids who are at least a decade away from where you would even consider putting a wine glass at their plate. But at least that way there are no arguments about what wine to buy.

I usually end up drinking a little less than half the bottle and saving the rest for the next day. Anything more than that and it's very hard to do anything useful after getting the kids off to bed. Of course, after all the bedtime battles are finally over the thing that really calls out to me is that other half bottle of wine.

HowardRoark
02-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Of course, after all the bedtime battles are finally over........

My bête noire.

SkinBasket
02-08-2010, 09:16 PM
weight: 202.2
exercise: jiu jitsu.

breakfast: steak/tomato/cheddar salad with water and zantrex
lunch: carnation instant breakfast
dinner: chicken fried rice, potato chips, candy, red wine, and zantrex.

I lost over 4 pounds today. I actually weighed 206.6 yesterday, but was afraid to tell you all because I knew you would be disappointed. I need to find a way to heal these elbows while staying active. I'm considering healing one then the other and doing jiu jitsu one armed.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l124/erikskates/jiujitsu.jpg

Freak Out
02-08-2010, 11:56 PM
weight: 202.2
exercise: jiu jitsu.

breakfast: steak/tomato/cheddar salad with water and zantrex
lunch: carnation instant breakfast
dinner: chicken fried rice, potato chips, candy, red wine, and zantrex.

I lost over 4 pounds today. I actually weighed 206.6 yesterday, but was afraid to tell you all because I knew you would be disappointed. I need to find a way to heal these elbows while staying active. I'm considering healing one then the other and doing jiu jitsu one armed.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l124/erikskates/jiujitsu.jpg

I could give a fuck about your weight or diet....just keep posting pictures like that.

SkinBasket
04-20-2010, 03:24 PM
I have a jug of NO Xplode, a neoprene arm sleeve, and a bottle of some OxyElite Pro something or other. Obviously all the ingredients to lose weight.

I had to stop taking the Zantrex because I was having muscle spams all night long. It wasn't a problem for me because I was asleep, but apparently I accidentally punched my wife a couple times during my seizures. It also didn't seem to have any other positive effects than the automated nocturnal exercises.

Weight: 202.5
exercise: I took two scoops of NO Xplode and sat in a chair. I was going to exercise, but didn't feel like it. But I also haven't eaten anything today, so I guess it's a wash so far.

I guess I should change the name of this thread to some other unattainable goal.

twoseven
04-20-2010, 05:30 PM
fuck exercise

SkinBasket
04-20-2010, 05:44 PM
fuck exercise

You should have seen the original version of this thread that Partial started. It really was one of Packerrats greatest hits: comedy, drama, angst, injuries, threats of physical violence. Those were the days...

Hey admin dood. Now that Partials gone and twoseven is here to administer informed physical fitness opinions, how about we bring that original thread back to the GC? I could read that, the pregnancy thread, and the thread about nutz being banned a hundred times without getting bored. We lost a lot of valuable information in that thread. Maybe not as much as that one we had in FYI with the reading list, but then again the value of information is abjectly subjective, no?

Better yet, you could merge this one onto the old one! I would pay you one dollar for your efforts. And a 50% bonus if you complete the task by May 1st, when I return from Vegas and begin my conversion into a sleek, muscle bound sex machine. I would gladly accept having my very interesting blog about maybe losing weight moved to the GC in exchange for the return of the lost tombs of knowledge that were lost.

twoseven
04-20-2010, 05:46 PM
bringing back any of the educational beatdown i got from Partial might just be enough to get me to kill again. borrow some of your NO Explode shit and it's a guarantee.

SkinBasket
04-20-2010, 06:11 PM
bringing back any of the educational beatdown i got from Partial might just be enough to get me to kill again. borrow some of your NO Explode shit and it's a guarantee.

Hell, that stuff is all still there in the GC somewhere. You want the link?

ps: how much xplode do you need? It's kind of nice. Gets the blood moving a bit. Gives me a boner.

twoseven
04-20-2010, 08:00 PM

ps: how much xplode do you need? It's kind of nice. Gets the blood moving a bit. Gives me a boner.lots of caffiene in that stuff, gets the heart rate up, not sure about the boner, that's Harlan's dept.

SkinBasket
04-20-2010, 08:54 PM

ps: how much xplode do you need? It's kind of nice. Gets the blood moving a bit. Gives me a boner.lots of caffiene in that stuff, gets the heart rate up, not sure about the boner, that's Harlan's dept.

Should I take a thermogenic pill in conjunction with Xplode or will I blow up?

MJZiggy
04-20-2010, 09:23 PM
I guess I should change the name of this thread to some other unattainable goal.

Why? you don't think you can lose 12 lbs. by Thanksgiving? I think that's ultimately doable and think how good you'll feel when you blow it out of the water.

twoseven
04-21-2010, 03:54 AM

Should I take a thermogenic pill in conjunction with Xplode or will I blow up?i'm not a fan of adding more and more stimulants to make the heart beat fast to burn more calories, though it does work and many people do it. too much dependancy that leads to other issues.

also, as much fun as it was the first go round with me answering questions in regards to health and fitness before wonder boy made it hell for me, i'm going to take a pass on it this go round. what i can offer is a 28 page pdf i have put together that answers mosts non-habit (bad habits, that is) forming questions about this stuff. i'll email it if people pm their addys. i don't mind helping you out skin, some others here too. but there is still a shortlist of real fuckheads that crusie this place that i would rather see fall from a cliff than give even one ounce of help to. hope you can understand.

3irty1
04-28-2010, 11:55 AM
exercise: stacking a load of firewood and punching myself in the balls repeatedly after the Packer game.

Diner: homemade general tso chicken with brown rice, potato chips, a beef stick, and a bottle of pinot grigio.

I figure I could lose a couple of pounds by shaving my chest, but the hairless look makes me look fatter. Decisions. Decisions.

Backup Skin. How do you do your sauce? I've tried Tso's at home a bunch of times but have never achieved anything worth making again.

Cleft Crusty
04-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Clefty lasted 30 seconds doing this routine. Four emergency vehicles and two hours of CPR later and I was relaxing comfortably in the intensive care ward. At least I had two nights without the wife bothering me to unclog her sinks.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GvT3x387jcA/S6w_E1VMR_I/AAAAAAAAAbY/5g8iR0yWjUQ/s1600/shaun-t-insanity-workout-2.jpg

SkinBasket
04-30-2010, 11:54 AM

Backup Skin. How do you do your sauce? I've tried Tso's at home a bunch of times but have never achieved anything worth making again.

I'll get back to you on that. I'm currently closing the Ritz Carlton at Lake Las Vegas. By closing I mean laying about my suite lamenting the loss of hundreds more jobs at the hands of a President who decided to singlehandedly maim the area's economy. My wife makes that dish so I don't have the recipe in my memory banks, so you'll have to wait til I get back home.

Deputy Nutz
04-30-2010, 12:29 PM

I'll get back to you on that. I'm currently closing the Ritz Carlton at Lake Las Vegas. By closing I mean laying about my suite lamenting the loss of hundreds more jobs at the hands of a President who decided to singlehandedly maim the area's economy. My wife makes that dish so I don't have the recipe in my memory banks, so you'll have to wait til I get back home.

How was your nature hike yesterday?

SkinBasket
04-30-2010, 02:03 PM
I pushed off the walk until today. Had some calories to work off.

Turkey challenge! Special Vegas Edition!

weight: 203
exercise: 3 mile walk

breakfast: diet pill
lunch: caramel machiatto with a ham and cheese croissant
snack: lobster bisque
diner: Picasso chef's muse, cold lobster salad, scallop with veal reduction, foie gras with rhubarb, lamb chops, half an imported a5 kobe filet, some banana chocolate stuff with ice cream and a few glasses of wine.

twoseven
04-30-2010, 02:12 PM
skin,

just ordered some NO2 black and CE2 Platinum to experiment with (occupational research), if it shoots a lightning rod up my workouts' ass i'll let you know and maybe a better choice than the stuff you asked about.

Scott Campbell
04-30-2010, 04:28 PM

Where the fuck is the Ritz Carlton in Vegas? I've been there a million times and never ran across it.

retailguy
04-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Where the fuck is the Ritz Carlton in Vegas? I've been there a million times and never ran across it.

Lake Las Vegas.

Here's a quote from the website....

We regret The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Las Vegas will close permanently May 2, 2010.
Until that date, we will be accepting reservations, and the hotel will be fully operational.

So, don't worry about it. you can't stay there unless you leave now!

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/feb/10/closing-hotel-lake-las-vegas-raises-concerns-rippl/

Closing of Ritz-Carlton at Lake Las Vegas raises concerns of ripple effect
Henderson’s mayor says other businesses at MonteLago Village Resort just getting by

Mona Shield Payne / Special to the Sun

MonteLago Village at Lake Las Vegas.

By Amanda Finnegan (contact)

Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2010 | 2:05 a.m.
Click to enlarge photo

Steve Marcus

The Ritz-Carlton at Lake Las Vegas.
Lake Las Vegas
Ritz-Carlton at Lake Las Vegas
Map data ©2010 Google - Terms of Use
Sun Coverage

* More stories about business and the economy

Related stories

* Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas to close in May (2-8-2010)
* Creditors challenge Lake Las Vegas bankruptcy plan (10-6-2009)
* Judge denies request to dismiss Lake Las Vegas case (10-2-2009)
* Current, past owners spar in Lake Las Vegas bankruptcy case (9-21-2009)
* Council briefed on Lake Las Vegas bankruptcy (9-15-2009)
* Lake Las Vegas proposes bankruptcy plan (9-5-2009)
* Lender sued over Lake Las Vegas loans (9-3-2009)
* Lenders to foreclose on Lake Las Vegas’ last golf course (6-29-2009)
* Judge approves bankruptcy for Lake Las Vegas golf course (6-29-2009)
* Another golf course to close at struggling Lake Las Vegas (6-25-2009)

This week’s announcement that the Ritz-Carlton at Lake Las Vegas is going out of business has raised concerns that the hotel’s closure will have a ripple effect on neighboring merchants.

Henderson Mayor Andy Hafen said he expects shops and restaurants at MonteLago Village Resort will feel the impact of losing the 348-room luxury hotel.

Businesses have told him in the past they are holding their own, but just getting by, he said.

“Certainly we are concerned,” Hafen said of the hotel’s closing. “The biggest concern we have is for the employees and their welfare.”

The Ritz-Carlton, a fixture in the resort community since it opened in February 2003, announced Monday it will close on May 2.

“Our owners, Village Hospitality, decided they could no longer fund the hotel,” Ritz-Carlton spokeswoman Vivian Deuschl said on Monday. “As a result of that, we can no longer operate the hotel without adequate funding.”

A number of shops refused to comment Tuesday about the Ritz-Carlton announcement and referred calls to MonteLago Village manager Maurice Talley.

“We’re very sad that the Ritz-Carlton employees are no longer going to be employed and it may have some residual effect, but it’s too hard to quantify,” Talley said.

Talley said he didn’t know how much of MonteLago Village Resort’s shop and restaurant traffic comes from the Ritz-Carlton.

At least one shop owner, however, said she doesn’t expect the closure of the hotel to have a major impact on her business.

Marianne Freeman, whose home furnishing and accessories shop, Tesoro, has been at Montelago Village since 2003, said most of her customers are people who live at Lake Las Vegas, not hotel guests.

“Certainly the closure will affect my business to some extent, because the Ritz has always brought in visitors from across the county, but it won’t have a huge impact,” Freeman said.

Jennifer Morton, marketing and public relations director for Casino MonteLago, predicted that business for the casino will remain steady without the luxury hotel.

“We have a strong local base, so it’s just going to be business as normal for us,” Morton said.

Hafen said he recently met with the general managers of the Ritz-Carlton and Loews Las Vegas, who told him the properties were struggling but doing what they could to keep their doors open.

The hotel’s closure will leave about 350 employees out of work, but Deuschl said efforts are being made to relocate them to other Ritz-Carltons, Marriotts and other hotels in the Las Vegas Valley.

Hafen said the Ritz-Carlton pays about $129,000 in annual property taxes.

Without the Ritz-Carlton, Loews Lake Las Vegas and the MonteLago Village Resort will be the only hotels in the development.

“I don’t think the residents of Lake Las Vegas will be affected much,” Hafen said. “As far as our tourism in Henderson, it will make a little bit of dent, but it’s one of many properties we have here in the city.”

In addition to the hotels, restaurants, shops and casino, the 3,600-acre Lake Las Vegas development, located 20 miles southeast of the Strip, includes more than 1,600 residential units.

Lake Las Vegas is now in bankruptcy, burdened with $728 million in liabilities amid the worst real estate downturn in memory.

According to Henderson City Attorney Elizabeth Macias Quillin, Lake Las Vegas owes about $25.7 million to the city of Henderson in Local Improvement District financing and assessments. The city has three Local Improvement Districts in the Lake Las Vegas development.

Sun reporter Erin Dostal contributed to this report.

SkinBasket
05-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Closing of Ritz-Carlton at Lake Las Vegas raises concerns of ripple effect Henderson’s mayor says other businesses at MonteLago Village Resort just getting by

The village casino closed a couple months ago, as did the golf course. The restaurants in the village were staffed with one person on the floor and one person working the kitchen. The whole place is going to be a ghost town. Lots of "small" people losing jobs and a lot of small businesses losing big money due to the hotel going under.

I think someone acted stupidly.

Deputy Nutz
05-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Closing of Ritz-Carlton at Lake Las Vegas raises concerns of ripple effect Henderson’s mayor says other businesses at MonteLago Village Resort just getting by

The village casino closed a couple months ago, as did the golf course. The restaurants in the village were staffed with one person on the floor and one person working the kitchen. The whole place is going to be a ghost town. Lots of "small" people losing jobs and a lot of small businesses losing big money due to the hotel going under.

So did you sneak on the golf course for an early evening round?

HowardRoark
05-02-2010, 07:48 PM

Time for a summit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i5k4I1AOEI

SkinBasket
05-05-2010, 04:55 PM
skin,

just ordered some NO2 black and CE2 Platinum to experiment with (occupational research), if it shoots a lightning rod up my workouts' ass i'll let you know and maybe a better choice than the stuff you asked about.

I've been trying both the Oyx Elite stuff and the NO Xplosion to get a feel for them. The Oxy Elite is basically caffeine with some other appetite suppression stuff in it. Seems to work just fine in both regards, and themogenicly, it definitely makes sweating easier and more plentiful, but I wouldn't take it before weights or rolling, as it still carries some twitchiness and tingles with the stimulation.

The NO Xplode seems to be a better pre-workout option. The stimulant is more subtle and makes beginning the workout easier, since it seems to just make you want to move without making me feel jumpy. I guess maybe I got less tired during the workout, but that's hard to gauge since I don't stick to a hard-line routine.

So for now, I guess I'll try OxyElite on days off and the NO on workout days.

twoseven
05-06-2010, 04:25 AM
skin,

I've been trying both the Oyx Elite stuff and the NO Xplosion to get a feel for them. The Oxy Elite is basically caffeine with some other appetite suppression stuff in it. Seems to work just fine in both regards, and themogenicly, it definitely makes sweating easier and more plentiful, but I wouldn't take it before weights or rolling, as it still carries some twitchiness and tingles with the stimulation.

The NO Xplode seems to be a better pre-workout option. The stimulant is more subtle and makes beginning the workout easier, since it seems to just make you want to move without making me feel jumpy. I guess maybe I got less tired during the workout, but that's hard to gauge since I don't stick to a hard-line routine.

So for now, I guess I'll try OxyElite on days off and the NO on workout days.how much caffiene per serving in that NO Xplode?

SkinBasket
05-06-2010, 04:49 PM
The Xplode has about 80-100mg in it from what I've read. They made it part of their secret recipe so it's unlisted. The oxy crap has 100mg each, and two doses of xplode certainly seems to have less caffeine than two does of that just from using myself as an test tube.

Freak Out
05-06-2010, 04:55 PM
What in the fuck are you putting in your body? Xplode? Oxy elite? You guys training with Barry Bonds now? :lol:

twoseven
05-06-2010, 04:58 PM
The Xplode has about 80-100mg in it from what I've read. They made it part of their secret recipe so it's unlisted. The oxy crap has 100mg each, and two doses of xplode certainly seems to have less caffeine than two does of that just from using myself as an test tube.that seems pretty low on both of them. i have a buddy that takes one of the NO products that has told me something about 400mg of caffiene in one of them. that's quite a bit and would explain the blast he gets from it. 120 or less is pretty tame, but yeah, with those 'proprietary blends' you never can tell. i am wanting to try some of the NO stuff, but not if it has more than 100 mg or so of caffiene, that's a slippery slope since i am already getting 400mg for breakfast from cheap caffiene pills (i hate coffee, and 3am is too fucking early to go it w/o something).

SkinBasket
05-06-2010, 05:06 PM
weight: 202.5
exercise: hours of masturbation

breakfast: 2 oxy elite pills, 8oz can v8 fusion
lunch: 1 liter green tea
dinner: half a lasagna, two cheese stuffed bread sticks, potato chips, two mini peanut butter cups, and a bottle of wine.

SkinBasket
05-06-2010, 05:11 PM
What in the fuck are you putting in your body? Xplode? Oxy elite? You guys training with Barry Bonds now? :lol:

I'm too old to treat my body like a temple. Besides, I grew up eating Teflon flakes off old frying pans and whatever those plastics are that seep into your food when you put them in the microwave, so I'm not too worried about polluting myself now.

twoseven
05-06-2010, 05:15 PM
fuck barry bonds an his shrek sized head. and in case you are actually wondering, these products are just amped up versions of your morning coffee. they do little to support actual tissue recovery, and even less to stimulate growth. they are pretty much just energy boosters.

Freak Out
05-06-2010, 05:15 PM

I'm too old to treat my body like a temple. Besides, I grew up eating Teflon flakes off old frying pans and whatever those plastics are that seep into your food when you put them in the microwave, so I'm not too worried about polluting myself now.

You have a point......what harm can the seeds of a Chinese orchid tree do anyway.

Bizarre stuff....talk about leading me down a rabbit hole. I do 10 minutes research on the ingredients of the oxyelite and wound up on some very freaky bodybuilding/supplement review forums.

SkinBasket
05-06-2010, 05:16 PM

You have a point......what harm can the seeds of a Chinese orchid tree do anyway.

Bizarre stuff....talk about leading me down a rabbit hole. I do 10 minutes research on the ingredients of the oxyelite and wound up on some very freaky bodybuilding/supplement review forums.

Did you say hello to Partial?

twoseven
05-06-2010, 05:16 PM
The Xplode has about 80-100mg in it from what I've read. They made it part of their secret recipe so it's unlisted. The oxy crap has 100mg each, and two doses of xplode certainly seems to have less caffeine than two does of that just from using myself as an test tube.the GNC website is good for reading labels on the products. i am thinking now it was the Black Powder my friend might have been talking about, it has a blend of green tea and caffiene that comes in around 400mg.

Freak Out
05-06-2010, 05:18 PM
fuck barry bonds an his shrek sized head. and in case you are actually wondering, these products are just amped up versions of your morning coffee. they do little to support actual tissue recovery, and even less to stimulate growth. they are pretty much just energy boosters.

:lol:

That's what I deducted from my trip down the supplement rabbit hole.....it seems they add some weird Asian plant matter just as an ingredient filler.

Did you know American Ginseng was the first thing the Chinese (Red) imported from us when we opened up trade with them?

SkinBasket
05-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Caffeine gives me a boner. 400mg and you could just call the stuff Cock Xplode.

Freak Out
05-06-2010, 05:19 PM

Did you say hello to Partial?

No.... :lol: I didn't take the time to register so I could post.

twoseven
05-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Caffeine gives me a boner. 400mg and you could just call the stuff Cock Xplode.i used to follow my morning breakfast of oatmeal a banana and 400mg of caffiene with a couple of Viper 16 oz energy drinks an hour later right before the workout from time to time on a saturday morning. talk about a caffiene convention. jezzus, hands were shaking but i didn't have much trouble with fatigue. the crash later in the day was nice. :shock:

SkinBasket
05-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Where else but obscure body building forums could you find such strangely curious photos as these. I love a guy who takes pictures like this of himself then protects his identity by putting a star over his face:

http://hogsgrove.com/imagez/Crop1.jpghttp://hogsgrove.com/imagez/Crop2.jpg

It also appears he has camel toe in the first shot.

And no, this is not someone from the forum... that I know of.

twoseven
05-06-2010, 05:38 PM
the sad thing is that is actually a legal and accurate looking before an after photo for someone who is not doing what barry bonds did.

then again he had a vagina and now he has a penis, so.. great job whoever you are. what lifts did he do, i wonder?

SkinBasket
05-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Alright, in the interests of comparing my health plan with another, I checked in on someone we used to know. For all interested, he's doing salt water intestinal cleanses (and providing detailed reports), getting beat on the BB court up at the Y, and dehydrating himself to the point of collapse, but he's lost almost 50 pounds this year. See Ziggy, you were completely wrong about his diet and exercise. Shame on you.

SkinBasket
05-06-2010, 05:45 PM
then again he had a vagina and now he has a penis, so.. great job whoever you are. what lifts did he do, i wonder?

"Lucky" for you, I still had the page up.

I have been following stronglifts 5x5 program since December. I am twelve weeks in to it and am happy with it so far.

Current stats:

Squat: 225lbs
Bench: 195lbs failed for 2 days before getting the 5x5
Overhead: 115lbs failed for 2 days before getting the 5x5
Pull/Chin ups: 11 (could barely do 4 when I started)

twoseven
05-06-2010, 06:39 PM

"Lucky" for you, I still had the page up.

I have been following stronglifts 5x5 program since December. I am twelve weeks in to it and am happy with it so far.

Current stats:

Squat: 225lbs
Bench: 195lbs failed for 2 days before getting the 5x5
Overhead: 115lbs failed for 2 days before getting the 5x5
Pull/Chin ups: 11 (could barely do 4 when I started)ok, so if i do that it will make my penis bigger then? i mean, if the guy grew one from female parts, must be a pretty good program.

Deputy Nutz
05-06-2010, 09:00 PM
In the second picture he has a weird "adult actor" vibe going on.

mraynrand
05-08-2010, 10:15 AM
The Xplode has about 80-100mg in it from what I've read. They made it part of their secret recipe so it's unlisted. The oxy crap has 100mg each, and two doses of xplode certainly seems to have less caffeine than two does of that just from using myself as an test tube.

You have to be careful with this stuff. Remember what it did to 'Ole Cleedeeus

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/JJHunt.jpg

3irty1
05-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Alright, in the interests of comparing my health plan with another, I checked in on someone we used to know. For all interested, he's doing salt water intestinal cleanses (and providing detailed reports), getting beat on the BB court up at the Y, and dehydrating himself to the point of collapse, but he's lost almost 50 pounds this year. See Ziggy, you were completely wrong about his diet and exercise. Shame on you.

Haha this deserves its own forum.

mraynrand
07-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Patler, you mean all that complaining and it was here all the time?

SkinBasket
07-19-2011, 11:29 AM
No, this is the cheap imitation that I had to create to carry on my self-motivational blog.

mraynrand
07-19-2011, 11:37 AM
No, this is the cheap imitation that I had to create to carry on my self-motivational blog.

That makes sense, as it was started on Nov 23.