PDA

View Full Version : How bout this is the Official Favre Press Conference Thread

BF4MVP
04-08-2006, 12:51 AM
12:51 AM now..6 hrs 39 minutes til it starts!!! I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight!!

EVERYONE BETTER GET UP AT 7:30 TO WATCH!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
04-08-2006, 01:11 AM
I'm predicting he doesn't announce his decision. Just because some Betty--who is a friend of a friend--say it's so, doesn't mean it's so.

BF4MVP
04-08-2006, 01:51 AM
well I certainly hope he does..I'm getting up at 7:30 on a Saturday to watch it for Christ's sake!!!!!

pack fan from england
04-08-2006, 06:05 AM
I can see it now.

Favre comes back for 1 final season, we beat the Bears in Week 17 to go 10-6 and win the divison.

We win at home to Dallas in round 1
We win at Seattle in Round 2
We win at Carolina in the Championship Game.

Two week buildup of Favre's final game just like Bettis got this year,and like Bettis Favre gets to win it all in his final game with a late TD to beat the Colts 31-27

Bretsky
04-08-2006, 07:31 AM
The Legend's conference has been pushed back to 8:00 AM

Anti-Polar Bear
04-08-2006, 07:38 AM
The Legend's conference has been pushed back to 8:00 AM

Seriously? I was trying to watch it on WBAY.com and it would not load.

Bretsky
04-08-2006, 07:40 AM
Yes 20 more minutes now; the local stations are broadcasting it here.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-08-2006, 07:43 AM
Yes 20 more minutes now; the local stations are broadcasting it here.

cool; im in DC so i have no choice but to watch it on the web. Wbay is broadcasting it live, or so they say. I havent gone to sleep yet, so was hoping the would air it sooner so i can get into bed (its 8 43 here).

Harlan Huckleby
04-08-2006, 07:46 AM
They delayed the conference by 30 minutes. Apparently Favre needs a little more time to think about it.

KYPack
04-08-2006, 07:47 AM
NFL channel has it live, boys & girls.

T minus 14 min & counting.

Somebody help poor Tanky Baby with his computer, so he can see it, too.

MJZiggy
04-08-2006, 07:47 AM
At least it gave me time to figure out that my DTV wasn't working and get it fixed. I wonder if Brett knows how much I hate waiting.

Harlan Huckleby
04-08-2006, 07:48 AM
NBC is carrying it live in Madison

MJZiggy
04-08-2006, 07:49 AM
So is NFL Channel and probably one of the ESPN's though I blew right past them...

Bretsky
At least it gave me time to figure out that my DTV wasn't working and get it fixed. I wonder if Brett knows how much I hate waiting.

Local Milwaukee Fox stations are carrying it love; truth be told if you are in WI somebody will be carrying this on TV. All of the ESPN Crews are there as well

Harlan Huckleby
no need to watch, tho. Favre is retiring. Should I bother to turn on the TV?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-08-2006, 07:50 AM

Kentucky, i told you i can watch it on WBAY.com (a local gb station). Thought it was on at 7 30 not 8, thats why i initally stated that i couldnt watch it cos it isnt on yet.

Why do you have to go and make things so complex? :idea:

Bretsky
04-08-2006, 07:51 AM

He's coming back Harlan.

packrulz
04-08-2006, 07:51 AM
I read in the Oshkosh Northwestern this morning that Chris Havel thinks Brett is going to retire. He knows Brett pretty well. They wrote 2 books.

KYPack
04-08-2006, 07:55 AM

Kentucky, i told you i can watch it on WBAY.com (a local gb station). Thought it was on at 7 30 not 8, thats why i initally stated that i couldnt watch it cos it isnt on yet.

Why do you have to go and make things so complex? :idea:

It's pretty easy to fool a fool, Tank.

Harlan Huckleby
04-08-2006, 07:56 AM
He's coming back Harlan.

Yes, his annual golf tournament is not going to end just because he retires, and I hope Brett makes this perfectly clear.

packrulz
04-08-2006, 07:58 AM
I was thinking about the Bears games, Brett really got the shit beat out of him. I was wondering if he'd get up. He had to wonder if it's worth it right then.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-08-2006, 08:02 AM
He's coming back Harlan.

Yes, his annual golf tournament is not going to end just because he retires, and I hope Brett makes this perfectly clear.

If Favre does retire, i hope polar bear trade for Harrington. This years class of elite qb arent that elite, so why waste #5 overall on one? Lienart looks like a Rodgers-clone; they guy does not have a favresque velocity, plus he benifited from playing with a core of NFL players. Young's wierd throwing motion remanins a question mark until he proves otherwise; Culter is not accurate and his decision making is somewhere along the line of Tim Couch.

Harrington has the arm, the experiene and the intelligent to suceed in McCarthys Holmgren like west coast o.

packrulz
04-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Harrington would be worth bringing in for $1mil/yr.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-08-2006, 08:10 AM
if u watch the coference on WBAY.com, a woman is now setting up some backgound signs and talking on a cell phone. She is pretty hot.

Bretsky
04-08-2006, 08:12 AM
prolly a Grailee

KYPack
04-08-2006, 08:18 AM
That woman wants to get that sign hung up there, real bad.

Rastak
The empty chairs are real interesting......

gbpackfan
Is anyone else watching Fox 6 right now?

If so, that CJ Knee guy, from ESPN radio, def. has a FACE FOR RADIO. GOD DAMN THAT GUY IS A FREAK!

HarveyWallbangers
04-08-2006, 08:19 AM
I hope you all didn't get up for this press conference?
:D

Well, have one. My prediction stands. I think I win if he postpones the news conference for a significant length of time.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-08-2006, 08:20 AM
The empty chairs are real interesting......

yeah and mind-numbling too.

oregonpackfan
04-08-2006, 08:22 AM
He's coming back Harlan.

If Favre does retire, i hope polar bear trade for Harrington. This years class of elite qb arent that elite, so why waste #5 overall on one? Lienart looks like a Rodgers-clone; they guy does not have a favresque velocity, plus he benifited from playing with a core of NFL players. Young's wierd throwing motion remanins a question mark until he proves otherwise; Culter is not accurate and his decision making is somewhere along the line of Tim Couch.

Harrington has the arm, the experiene and the intelligent to suceed in McCarthys Holmgren like west coast o.

Anti-Polar Bear and Packrulz,

Many of us in Oregon badly wanted Joey Harrington to succeed in the NFL. We have many fond memories of him quarterbacking Valley Catholic High School in Portland and the U. of Oregon in Eugene.

The bottom line is that Joey just is not an NFL calibur quarterback. Harrington needs to come back to Oregon and start his post-NFL career. He is a multi-talented, fine young man who can benefit this state in areas other than football.

Oregonpackfan

Rastak
04-08-2006, 08:25 AM
Does he do anything on time? Yikes.....

Anti-Polar Bear
04-08-2006, 08:27 AM

Many of us in Oregon badly wanted Joey Harrington to succeed in the NFL. We have many fond memories of him quarterbacking Valley Catholic High School in Portland and the U. of Oregon in Eugene.

The bottom line is that Joey just is not an NFL calibur quarterback. Harrington needs to come back to Oregon and start his post-NFL career. He is a multi-talented, fine young man who can benefit this state in areas other than football.

Oregonpackfan

I heard Harrington is pretty good at playing the piano. He could start a coldplay like band, perhaps with calling themselves The Lions Suck, Not I. I would probably listen. I enjoy rock bands who also use the piano, like coldplay, keane, athlete, and the verve.

KYPack
04-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Harrington would be worth bringing in for $1mil/yr.

Both the Dolphins and the Bengals have deals on the table for Joey that would pay more than that. The Bengals deal is $2mil for one year.

The Lions wanted to just get rid of Harrington's contract. Then when teams showed interest, Lions GM Matt (Tank) Millen decided to hold up the interested clubs for a 3rd nor 4th round pick. Both teams balked at that price and the deals stalled.

packrulz
04-08-2006, 08:29 AM
I've seen Joey have some good games, Detroit is a perennial team in flux, always new coaches, new system, players & etc. With good coaching I think he's worth $1mil/yr rather than drafting a QB when TT only has 7 picks. If Brett hangs it up, I think he will.

Rastak
04-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Wow, I don't know is his answer?

KYPack
04-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Just shoot me

Harlan Huckleby
04-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Ha Ha Ha HA Ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody wastes an hour of their day off waiting for the Great One to speak, and he says, "No Change"

How embarassing this stupid friggin affair is!

packrulz
04-08-2006, 08:32 AM
No answer today. Lol.

Rastak
04-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Ha Ha Ha HA Ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody wastes an hour of their day off waiting for the Great One to speak, and he says, "No Change"

He should have leaked the fact he hasn't decided yet. Man, it is kind of funny....

Harlan Huckleby
04-08-2006, 08:34 AM
He should have leaked the fact he hasn't decided yet. Man, it is kind of funny....

Absolutely. This is outrageous. He says he will make a decision "as soon as this weekend." Half the state goes on hold for a Saturday Morning News conference - delayed an hour.

This is real BS.

gbpackfan
04-08-2006, 08:38 AM
I don't know why you are all mad about this. This press conference has been scheduled for months!!! It is the media who said he was going to make a decision today. NOT BRETT!

Rastak
04-08-2006, 08:38 AM
[From profootballtalk.com

NO DECISION FROM LORD FAVRE

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre announced moments ago . . . nothing.

We've previously reported, on numerous occasions, that Favre has told the team he will be returning for 2006. We've also heard, on numerous occasions, that Favre has been coy about announcing his plans primarily because of a dislike for Packers G.M. Ted Thompson.

Favre said on Saturday morning that he has made no decision yet.

At the outset of the press conference, reporters were told not to ask any questions about former Packers tight end Mark Chmura, who recently called Favre "selfish" for turning the issue into a protracted soap opera.

But Chmura might have been on to something, given that there were very strong hints coming from the Favre camp that his announcement would be made on Saturday morning.

Really, what's the point of having a press conference to say that the status quo will be maintained?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-08-2006, 08:39 AM
No decision is better than a decision to retire.

Harlan Huckleby
04-08-2006, 08:42 AM
It is the media who said he was going to make a decision today. NOT BRETT!

As Rastak pointed out, how much effort would have taken for Brett to say this past week that he would not be announcing a decision?

This was a deliberate deception. It was a ploy to draw more publicity for the charity event. I don't like being dicked with, even for a good cause.

gbpackfan
04-08-2006, 08:42 AM
profootball talk forgets the fact that Brett does this press conference every year. This presser was never called for Brett to talk about his playing days, but it was called to talk about the golf tournie he is hosting. He is just answering the questions he is being asked! If he refused to answer the questions about football then the media would have roasted him!

gbpackfan
04-08-2006, 08:43 AM

As Rastak pointed out, how much effort would have taken for Brett to say this past week that he would not be announcing a decision?

This was a deliberate deception. It was a ploy to draw more publicity for the charity event. I don't like being dicked with, even for a good cause.

I think you're going a little over-board here. When he knows, he will tell. End of story.

Harlan Huckleby
04-08-2006, 08:46 AM
Give me a break.

Do the people organizing the event not watch TV or listen to radio?

Of course Brett and the event organizers knew the public was expecting a statement. They deliberately let that false impressin stand as a publicity stunt.

gbpackfan
04-08-2006, 08:46 AM
HARLAN,

Here is your LEAK that you were talking about (not getting)

Packers | Favre's decision may not be today
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 05:50:33 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports according to Becky Stuart, a personal assistant to Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre's wife, Deanna, Favre will announce the decision about his future at a 7:30 a.m. news conference today. However, Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, said late Friday evening, April 7, that he was not aware of such a development and when he arrived at the fund-raiser, he asked Favre if an announcement was pending. Cook said Favre indicated to him that he had not said he was going to announce his decision whether to retire.

Looks like little Becky was out of line, looking to grab some spot light for herself. Stupid Bee-atch!

Bretsky
04-08-2006, 08:47 AM

I think you're going a little over-board here. When he knows, he will tell. End of story.

I AGREE. FAVRE GAVE US ALL GREAT ADVICE.

WATCH BASEBALL; give him some time.

B

Harlan Huckleby
04-08-2006, 08:50 AM

Fine. Then don't hold a nationally televized press conference to say it. Say it before hand, don't mess with people's heads.

MJZiggy
04-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Hurry up and wait!!

gbpackfan
04-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Harlan,

His agent told the media on Friday that he wasn't going to make an announcement about his decision! What more do you want!!!! You are usually more rational then this. Im sorry, you are way off here.

ONE LAST TIME.......THE PRESS CONFERENCE HAD BEEN SCHEDULED FOR MONTHS! IT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE ABOUT THE GOLF TOURNIE! WHAT IS HE SUPPOSE TO DO? NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT FOOTBALL??? COME ON!

b bulldog
04-08-2006, 08:53 AM
aGREE Harlan, he loves the attention otherwise why wouldn't he do so. brett is becoming a JOKE!

gbpackfan
04-08-2006, 08:54 AM
Harlan,

You're still the man though!

MJZiggy
04-08-2006, 08:56 AM

Fine. Then don't hold a nationally televized press conference to say it. Say it before hand, don't mess with people's heads.Didn't one of the reporters change the subject by saying "and now for the reason we're all here, tell me about Fourward Foundation"? Mad, you were right. You've got your wish. 2nd round of the draft you think?

oregonpackfan
04-08-2006, 08:59 AM

Oregonpackfan

I heard Harrington is pretty good at playing the piano. He could start a coldplay like band, perhaps with calling themselves The Lions Suck, Not I. I would probably listen. I enjoy rock bands who also use the piano, like coldplay, keane, athlete, and the verve.

Anti-Polar bear,

Harrington is actually an accomplished jazz pianist. I have seen and listened to him play the piano and he is good.

He is also a very likeable young man with solid character traits. Harrington also comes from a cohesive, extended family background.

He is the kind of guy you would like your daughter to marry. Too bad he had to waste several years of his life with the Detroit Lions.

Oregonpackfan

HarveyWallbangers
04-08-2006, 09:25 AM
I think it's funny! Harlan, why do you think he deceived anybody? Do you know how long this press conference was on the itinerary as part of this charity event? Didn't his agent try to debunk the rumors last night by saying Favre hadn't made up his mind?

I'm glad the media wasted their time by covering this news conference. I guess they should get better sources. Betty wasn't reliable.

I predicted this, and nobody is giving me any credit for it.

HarveyWallbangers
04-08-2006, 09:33 AM
Betty said he was announcing his decision, so the media ran with it. BRETT'S AGENT said he hadn't made up his mind. HIS AGENT. Did you want Favre to schedule a new press conference yesterday to inform everybody that he would not be announcing his decision at today's press conference?

FavreChild
04-08-2006, 09:34 AM
BRETT did not make this a nationally televised press conference.

Brett would have never made such an announcement to overshadow his charity event. Also, the Packers organization would have been involved if there was going to be an announcement about Favre's future. TT and company would have had to respond in some way.

Put the clues together, folks. Yep, you were had - by the damn media, not by Favre. Screw you TMJ4 and your "Favre Watch '06." This is all media-maunfactured BS hype. We need to stop falling for it.

MJZiggy
04-08-2006, 09:55 AM
AMEN, sister!!!

If I had caught that bit from Bus, you think I would have tuned in? (Well, I probably would have, but if the media'd been listening, then no one would have been covering it, now would they)?

Point is, NFL network got a ratings coup, as well as a lot of stations in Wisconsing this morning. (Saturday morning cartoons kinda got screwed, though).

woodbuck27
04-08-2006, 10:09 AM

He's coming back Harlan.

Good call Brett!

I got right there sometime last evening.

The media got me concerned for awhile but sometime last evening it clicked in. Why would Brett Favre announce something as sensitive and possibly negative as his retirement, at his own Charity Event and upstage that? That made no good sense to me and I believe in this man's intelligence.

I slept on it and had hope he would not crush his fans with that announcement. Favre has to return this Season for too many reasons.

Harlan Huckleby
04-08-2006, 10:31 AM
The media did nothing wrong, unless they knew before hand that Favre was going to make no statement. There were indications/rumors that Favre would make an announcement, so the press conference was legitimately of big interest.

Favre had the option of damping expectations before hand by releasing a statement. He chose not to.

I did not hear a single media outlet report that they had sources saying Favre would make an announcement. The media played it fair and straight.

woodbuck27
04-08-2006, 10:32 AM
BRETT did not make this a nationally televised press conference.

Brett would have never made such an announcement to overshadow his charity event. Also, the Packers organization would have been involved if there was going to be an announcement about Favre's future. TT and company would have had to respond in some way.

Put the clues together, folks. Yep, you were had - by the damn media, not by Favre. Screw you TMJ4 and your "Favre Watch '06." This is all media-maunfactured BS hype. We need to stop falling for it.

Big Time . . . Riiiggghhtt Onnnnn !

"Brett would have never made such an announcement to overshadow his charity event." FavreChild

I never got there entirely till last night. The statement by that woman "friend of the Family" may be Deanna Favre's personal secretary and she may have led people down the garden path; but when 'Bus' Cook hasn't a clue as to Brett's mind then it isn't happening.

? Was that Doug Pederson on talking to a reporter before Brett arrived ?

Did anyone feel that Brett , at the begining appeared emotional /upset?

I felt he looked alot better today ,rested and focused.That old smirk was back too. Man I'll miss him.

The talk about Packers and Super Bowl seemed out there, but I sense he will come back if Ted Thompson does anything to encourage that.

Bottom line. NOWAY he could announce a retirement today with any sense of style and for too many reasons he has to play in 2006.

Fritz
04-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Reminds me of the Clash song - "Should I stay or should I go?"

Make up your mind, Brett. Please. If I were TT I'd draft without regard to Brett's status, if he hasn't said by then. If you like Vince Young, take him if he's there, regardless of what Brett might or might not do.

If the Pack had signed Steve Hutchinson, would Favre be coming back?

Harlan Huckleby
04-08-2006, 10:38 AM
If the Pack had signed Steve Hutchinson, would Favre be coming back?

Ya, I think it would have made a big difference. I really think Favre is looking for an excuse to come back. So far, he hasn't been given one, and I don't see one on the horizon.

I don't think TT should make any moves to entice Favre, tho. Just stick with his plan.

GBRulz
04-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Nice job on the prediction, Harvey!!

woodbuck27
04-08-2006, 11:46 AM

Yes. Good heads up Harvey.

It was a little hostile over on JSO yesterday.We had a poll and it went down that 12 posters felt that Favre would retire and 11 felt he wouldn't. Even with all the media hype, almost half of the fans over there were holding up HOPE.

Even nicer Harvey, that the prediction was right as I see it.

No announcement of a retirement . . .PRICELESS.

Tarlam!
04-08-2006, 11:54 AM
He must be in even more agony over this decision than we, the fans, are. Never thought it possible to surpass my pain!

I have come to the comclusion he should call it quits. Aint no way we are competing for the big dance this year, and if that is his measuring stick, then, say goodbye.

I wish he would come back without that chip on his shoulders. I wish he would come back and do, like, a farewell tour. I think that would take pressure off of everyone and at the same time, A-Rod could be prepared to be the guy another year.

The only condition I would put on Brett, if I were TT, to doing that, would be that #4 coaches the kid into being a player from game 1....

Deputy Nutz
04-08-2006, 11:55 AM
I think if Big Irv was around, Favre would have made up his mind 4 months ago.

esoxx
04-08-2006, 01:04 PM

Who's decision was it for you, or anyone else to "waste an hour of their day" on this? I certainly didn't.

Fritz
04-08-2006, 01:20 PM
It's just getting kind of weird. He doesn't need the money, he appears to not be in it for the stats, and it seems apparent this is not a Super Bowl team. So if you love the game and don't mind the work and meetings one more time, then go for it and see if you can surprise people with the the team's play. If you can't stand the thought of a losing season and you're pretty sure that's where it's headed, then quit. Can he really be waiting to see whether TT drafts Williams or Young?

I'm not agonizing over his indecision. It's just kind of weird.

Bretsky
04-08-2006, 01:29 PM
It's just getting kind of weird. He doesn't need the money, he appears to not be in it for the stats, and it seems apparent this is not a Super Bowl team. So if you love the game and don't mind the work and meetings one more time, then go for it and see if you can surprise people with the the team's play. If you can't stand the thought of a losing season and you're pretty sure that's where it's headed, then quit. Can he really be waiting to see whether TT drafts Williams or Young?

I'm not agonizing over his indecision. It's just kind of weird.

I'VE THOUGHT ALL ALONG BF WAS LOOKING FOR AN EXCUSE TO RETURN, AND WAITING FOR TT TO GIVE HIM ONE.

But that hasn't happened. I think Favre still has passion. I want him to return. And I hate to say it, but Brett Favre might be best off going elsewhere to play for a contender. Because he can still be a Super Bowl Caliber QB but TT isn't surrounding him with the talent to see the playoffs.

motife
04-08-2006, 03:06 PM
Chris Havel :
"No news is sign that end of Favre’s career is near

That no announcement came – coupled with Favre’s own comments – strongly suggests one of the NFL’s greatest quarterbacks is going to call it quits.

“I know when we signed Reggie White we knew we were going to be better right away,” Favre said. “I think that’s what we have to do. We have to make a statement again.”

Saturday’s nonstatement spoke volumes about Favre’s frustration with GM Ted Thompson’s unwillingness to spend money in free agency."

(Favre added on acquiring free agents, "you hit on some, you miss on some, but you have to be in the hunt." Also, that the free agent period is pretty much over now. Anybody they select in the draft won't contribute until long after Brett's gone.

There are no free agents of any consequence available now except for Charles Woodson, Ty Law and Lavar Arrington, all who are "holding out for more money than they're worth" according to pundits.)

motife
04-08-2006, 03:10 PM
Favre's comment :

"I --never-- thought that in my tenure here we'd ever go 4-12. But we did. So nothing suprises me."

If this isn't a slap at Ted Thompson, I'd be shocked. It's essentially blaming Thompson for the season last year.

Thompson has accepted some of the blame in comments he's made.

(Note, I posted this even though I normally wait for the beige background to be next before I hit submit. This is an exception.)

Partial
04-08-2006, 03:11 PM
I disagree. If he was going to retire I don't think he'd criticize the management. Now it makes it look like they drove him away. Favre has more class than that. Atleast I would hope so.

motife
04-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Favre said he's delaying his decision because he wants to see a team that's not going to go 4-12 again, one that has a REALISTIC chance of competing for the Super Bowl. Dragging his feet in such a long drawn out way pretty clearly says up until now, Ted Thompson has not made any moves that convince him of that.

His comments on the offensive line were clearly a criticism of Thompson :

"Whittiker will be (in over his head again) with the new blocking scheme, like a rookie starting over again."

"I've seen no moves to improve the offensive line." that is the offensive line sucked last year. It was a major contributor to the 4-12 finish.

btw, I'm ambivalent. I'm not agonizing on whether he returns or not, whatever happens happens.

I'm just trying to interpret the "reality" behind Favre's extreme reluctance. He's said point blank, "If we were competing for the Super Bowl next year, I'd definitely be back."

My dwelling on this topic is this has to be going though Ted Thompson and the staff's minds, that Favre is frustrated with the team Thompson has come up with the past 2 years.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Favre's comment :

"I --never-- thought that in my tenure here we'd ever go 4-12. But we did. So nothing suprises me."

If this isn't a slap at Ted Thompson, I'd be shocked. It's essentially blaming Thompson for the season last year.

Thompson has accepted some of the blame in comments he's made.

(Note, I posted this even though I normally wait for the beige background to be next before I hit submit. This is an exception.)

Some? Try ALL. Because ALL he needed to do last year was resign Wahle and upgrade the d, and Pack would still be competitive. I'm not being biased; It is all Thompson's fault.

Fritz
04-08-2006, 04:58 PM
"My dwelling on this topic is this has to be going though Ted Thompson and the staff's minds, that Favre is frustrated with the team Thompson has come up with the past 2 years."

Um, hasn't Thompson only come up with one team so far?

Chubbyhubby
04-08-2006, 05:13 PM

No announcement of a retirement . . .PRICELESS.
No announcement of coming back either!

motife
04-08-2006, 05:19 PM
From KFFL :

Packers | Favre told Thompson he was retiring
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 12:59:41 -0700

ESPN's Ed Werder reports at one point last week, Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre felt he was being pressured into an answer by the team about his future so he told general manager Ted Thompson he was retiring. Thompson then told Favre to take a step back and spend more time making his decision.

Chubbyhubby
04-08-2006, 05:22 PM
Have TT draft a QB at #5 and the depth chart would be #5 pick
Aarron Rodgers
3rd QB

Then DUMP Favre and BE DONE WITH IT!

Guiness
04-08-2006, 06:00 PM
HARLAN,

Here is your LEAK that you were talking about (not getting)

Packers | Favre's decision may not be today
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 05:50:33 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports according to Becky Stuart, a personal assistant to Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre's wife, Deanna, Favre will announce the decision about his future at a 7:30 a.m. news conference today. However, Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, said late Friday evening, April 7, that he was not aware of such a development and when he arrived at the fund-raiser, he asked Favre if an announcement was pending. Cook said Favre indicated to him that he had not said he was going to announce his decision whether to retire.

Looks like little Becky was out of line, looking to grab some spot light for herself. Stupid Bee-atch!

The fact that Bus made that statement, and no one really propogated the story is ironic, of course.

If anyone knew what Brett was thinking, it would be him. If Bus had said Brett was going to make a decision, it would've been front page news, all over sports radio, on CNN for crying out loud. But he said Brett wouldn't, the media didn't want to hear of it (no news is pretty unsensational) so they just kept trumpeting something a third rate source gave them instead.

The media turned this into a circus, not Brett and his entourage. His agent said there would be no decision announced, but that statement was ignored because it wasn't what the media wanted to hear.