PDA

View Full Version : Bush gets reps at nickel

imscott72
11-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Why? I thought it was bad enough he'd be in there for the dime package. Ideally I'd like to see Underwood at nickel and Bell at dime, but Bush in the nickel? What on earth do they see in this kid?

gbgary
11-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Why? I thought it was bad enough he'd be in there for the dime package. Ideally I'd like to see Underwood at nickel and Bell at dime, but Bush in the nickel? What on earth do they see in this kid?

maybe he'll only be half as bad in the nickel.

get louder at lambeau
11-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Well, considering the people who make those calls see about 100 times more of the players than we fans do, I tend to trust their judgment. It's not like they are giving Bush reps over Woodson. This is Brandon Underwood.

MichiganPackerFan
11-24-2009, 12:41 PM
he'll only be half as good in the nickel.

Maybe we should call him "Two-and-a-half Cent"

red
11-24-2009, 12:45 PM
good grief

do not let him on the same field as megatron. if bush somehow gets lined up with him it'll be an automatic 6 every time

guy should not be on this team, period

ThunderDan
11-24-2009, 12:49 PM
good grief

do not let him on the same field as megatron. if bush somehow gets lined up with him it'll be an automatic 6 every time

guy should not be on this team, period

I hate Bush but come on! We are on our 6th string CB to play nickle. How much talent are we supposed to have at each position?

red
11-24-2009, 01:17 PM
bush should not be on the field

Ever

MichiganPackerFan
11-24-2009, 01:27 PM
I hope when he is eventually cut, the headline reads Bush Gets Trimmed

imscott72
11-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Well, considering the people who make those calls see about 100 times more of the players than we fans do, I tend to trust their judgment. It's not like they are giving Bush reps over Woodson. This is Brandon Underwood.

Sure I'd love to trust their judgment, but we've all seen Bush play too.

imscott72
11-24-2009, 01:32 PM

:lol:

Waldo
11-24-2009, 01:35 PM
He's played quite a bit already this year and hasn't been a big liability.

Prior to the SF game, he saw 100 snaps on defense (about 2 games as a starter's worth of snaps, 3 games worth of snaps as a nickel), was targeted 9 times, gave up 5 passes, including 1 TD, and was not flagged once.

People just haven't noticed him on the field.

3irty1
11-24-2009, 01:47 PM
At this point I think I'd rather have Bush in coverage than Bush on special teams. He's not all that bad. In 2007 he had a stretch in the middle of the season where he was pretty acceptable and that was in Bates' scheme where the weakest link is impossible to hide.

Waldo
11-24-2009, 02:02 PM
If you read Tom P's tape breakdown from the game, he blamed none of the big plays on Bush.

Bigby OTOH was heavily victimized, drawing partial blame for Gore's long run, as well as two long passes to Davis, the one with Hawk in trail coverage, and the one with Bush in trail coverage, which should be correct. The underneath bracket is not blamed for a vertical completion, the top bracket is.

superfan
11-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Bush is getting reps at JSO writer Lori Nickel?

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/images/articles/wo/womeninsportsmedia/womeninsportsmedia_story1.jpg

Fritz
11-24-2009, 02:47 PM
I don't think he's as bad as people believe. He's not great, but he's also not the first or second or even third corner on this team. He was fourth, and that was after injuries to Lee and Blackmon.

Compare him to other team's nickel and dime backs. He's probably not the best of that bunch, but he's probably not the worst, either.

Brandon494
11-24-2009, 02:47 PM
I know this might sound crazy but I think Bush will actually play well this time around. This is now his 4th season in the league and he has gotten better each year with the team. I think playing more zone in the 3-4 will help him out, dude has pretty good hands having played reciever in college.

get louder at lambeau
11-24-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't think he's as bad as people believe. He's not great, but he's also not the first or second or even third corner on this team. He was fourth, and that was after injuries to Lee and Blackmon.

Compare him to other team's nickel and dime backs. He's probably not the best of that bunch, but he's probably not the worst, either.

It's pretty typical for people to exaggerate the good and the bad. Bush has been towards the bad side somewhat consistently, and people keep buiding his legend until he is the villain. Human nature. But yeah, he's nowhere near as bad as most think, IMO.

Cheesehead Craig
11-24-2009, 03:36 PM
But then, we mostly remember the bad things over the good ones.

gbgary
11-24-2009, 04:27 PM

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/lol.gif

rbaloha1
11-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Scary though improved. Opposing qbs often target. Must roll coverage towards Bush. Underwood has the tools -- time to check it out.

Fritz
11-24-2009, 09:05 PM

It's pretty typical for people to exaggerate the good and the bad. Bush has been towards the bad side somewhat consistently, and people keep buiding his legend until he is the villain. Human nature. But yeah, he's nowhere near as bad as most think, IMO.

Bush is the villain.

pbmax
11-24-2009, 10:09 PM
I was going to say Bush might be prepping to step in as a Safety and then Collins might do slot coverage. But I am just having flashbacks to Butler and young Sharper.

I believe Capers will be able to keep Bush off single coverage of Johnson, though to do it it may have to scale back Woodson.

Partial
11-24-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm just throwing it out there. I think, hope mainly, that he will do well. He seems to be bothered by the way Packer fans treat him. I wish him well.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/73146002.html

Bretsky
11-24-2009, 10:39 PM
He seems like a nice guy

Not sure Bush as a 5/6 DB is any worse than Bigby as a starter

Zool
11-24-2009, 11:07 PM
He seems like a nice guy

Not sure Bush as a 5/6 DB is any worse than Bigby as a starter

Bush as a 3rd DB is not a great situation. He's always trailing on plays. He has the speed but seems a tick slow in recognizing what's going on.