PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ikegwuonu available

Lurker64
11-24-2009, 03:06 PM
The Iggles just Cut Him (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/24/eagles-cut-ikegwuonu/). I know some folks here were a fan of his potential back in his Badger days.

BallHawk
11-24-2009, 04:09 PM
The Xbox owners of Wisconsin need not suffer through fear once again. No thanks.

sharpe1027
11-24-2009, 04:23 PM
The Xbox owners of Wisconsin need not suffer through fear once again. No thanks.

Leave the poor kid alone. He made a mistake and has moved on...........

More specifically, he has moved on to PS3s.

red
11-24-2009, 04:51 PM
he's one that i was high on in the draft

i'd like to see him brought in to see what he's got.

he can't be any worse then bush

Brando19
11-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Absolutely 100% bring him in for a workout. If he looks alright....sign him. He is a pure athlete and could be molded into a great football player in the NFL.

chain_gang
11-24-2009, 05:01 PM
I liked him coming out, of course his injury may have had more of an effect than I thought it would. There seems to be some interesting young talent out that that I remember from old draft projections and such. Him and Mike Mickens, out of Cincy. Odds of finding a guy that can perform right now are thin, but these may be 2 young guys worth a look.

Partial
11-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Trevor Ford just signed.

http://twitter.com/Greg_A_Bedard

Fritz
11-24-2009, 07:12 PM
I wish they'd come up with special teams specialties so we can have special teams offense and special teams defense. I can't wait to talk about the Packers' STD's.

Lurker64
11-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Trevor Ford just signed.

http://twitter.com/Greg_A_Bedard

So that leaves just one empty roster spot? Specifically we cut Jake Allen, and lost Kampman and Harris to IR; while we signed Bell and Ford. I wonder who will fill the last spot. Since we lost an OLB, I could see them maybe promoting Obiozor, but they may just be looking for Thompson, Jones, Matthews, and Poppinga to manage the OLB spots.

SkinBasket
11-24-2009, 09:15 PM
LOL @ Ike.

KYPack
11-24-2009, 09:15 PM
I liked him coming out, of course his injury may have had more of an effect than I thought it would. There seems to be some interesting young talent out that that I remember from old draft projections and such. Him and Mike Mickens, out of Cincy. Odds of finding a guy that can perform right now are thin, but these may be 2 young guys worth a look.

Mickens was the marquee CB on that Cincy team. Underwood was a young transfer guy, looking for a niche. Mickens also had all that "Shutdown Corner" strut thing down pat. He banged up a knee and appears to have not recovered his former speed and quickness. He's a smart one, too. Who cut him?

Bretsky
11-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Absolutely bring in the former Badger
What Bretsky wants, TT will not deliver
So it won't happen

Fosco33
11-24-2009, 10:48 PM
I like Ike

Fritz
11-25-2009, 06:51 AM
So it won't happen

Chris Chambers over Robert Ferguson - major screw up there. Waqs that Wolf or Sherman?

But how many other Badgers that many on this board have clamored for have come up big in the NFL? I don't know the Badgers as well as most of you, so I'm trying to recollect.

There was that stud DE, James, who got hurt and came back. Minny drafted him. I don't think he's even on a roster now - a bad break for a kid who looked like he might've had "it."

There was that running back - was it Brian something? - who was a third down back in Detroit for about two seasons.

PJ Hill - not sure if he's in the NFL.

Joe Thomas was a Badger, right? Great player. Picked way before Thompson could get to him. Man, that guy is a very good NFL player.

Lee Evans, right? Very good player, that one. When did he get picked? I don't remember. But wasn't he a Badger?

So what's the word on this Ikeguanaikekelamamama? When I saw the thread I thought it was about a son of that old Washington QB. What kind of player is or was he? Have injuries changed him?

Looks like some of the Wisconsin boys have done well in the NFL.

Scott Campbell
11-25-2009, 07:13 AM
What's up with that? It seems like Utah puts more good players in the NFL.

SkinBasket
11-25-2009, 07:59 AM
So what's the word on this Ikeguanaikekelamamama? When I saw the thread I thought it was about a son of that old Washington QB. What kind of player is or was he? Have injuries changed him?

Here's my uneducated summation from the VY thread, where I pointed out that Ike got to play in a real game for the first time in his career this week. I think it's rather indicitive of where he's at that he was released immediately afterward.

Some people thought he was a 1st rounder. Some people thought he was a top 10 pick because their roomate's sister's cousin's babysitter's boyfriend had drinks with his agent and guaranteed as much.

Others - notably some pro scouts - thought he wasn't worth more than a 3rd or 4th before he blew out his knee. Philly obviously thought he was worth the gamble of a 4th. He had the size and measurables, but his talent was overhyped by some, mostly those who were fans, his mental ability to play in a defensive system was questionable, and he had a couple off-field thug moments involving pills, pot, and burglary. He spent most of last season on the PS, and only now - almost 2 years after the injury has he seen the field, so I'm not convinced he's ever going to be anything other than a 4th or 5th DB. The knee injury does provide a convenient, though legitimate, excuse for those who had him as top 10 talent, I suppose. It's too bad he couldn't fail on his own though so those people could be proven wrong.

mraynrand
11-25-2009, 08:04 AM
I like Ike

I want to be like Ike

Bretsky
11-25-2009, 08:30 AM
So it won't happen

Chris Chambers over Robert Ferguson - major screw up there. Waqs that Wolf or Sherman?

But how many other Badgers that many on this board have clamored for have come up big in the NFL? I don't know the Badgers as well as most of you, so I'm trying to recollect.

There was that stud DE, James, who got hurt and came back. Minny drafted him. I don't think he's even on a roster now - a bad break for a kid who looked like he might've had "it."

There was that running back - was it Brian something? - who was a third down back in Detroit for about two seasons.

Joe Thomas was a Badger, right? Great player. Picked way before Thompson could get to him. Man, that guy is a very good NFL player.

Lee Evans, right? Very good player, that one. When did he get picked? I don't remember. But wasn't he a Badger?

There are several backups in the NFL who were Badgers; maybe tonight I'll look them up. They are spread everywhere.

Here are some others off the top of my head. Troy Vincent (we picked Buckley over him), Paul Gruber (Great OL for the Bucs), Chris McCintosh (solid OL for Hawks), Terrell Fletcher, Dan Bruenning (think he still a starting OL for the Bucs drafted in round 3),

The mojo with this kid is he was a very good talent who had character issues at the UW. At one point he was discussed as a first round talent but IMO he was closer to round 2-3. He tore his knee us, if I recall, and rehabbed it and has never made it. This has to be 2-3 years removed from the surgery, I think...young as he came out as a junior.

Partial
11-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Ike supposedly was running a 4.2 and was in spectacular shape, then he blew the heck out of his knee. Didn't he culpepper it versus just tearing the ACL? I don't recall but I seem to think it was worse than just the ACL.

That said, I thought this kid had star power if healthy. He was very, very good for the Badgers. When I was going to the games he was one of the few players that stood out like a fiend.

channtheman
11-25-2009, 11:15 AM
So it won't happen

Owen Daniels is a TE for the Texans and is doing really well.

Evans was drafted in the 2004 draft as the number 13 overall pick.

You are correct on Erasmus James. He got injured and is out of the league, or at least was when I checked a few months ago. He should be set for life though with the guaranteed money he got for being drafted in the first round. Not too bad of a break if you ask me.

Brian Calhoun was cut by the Lions, I think he's out of the league as well but I haven't checked in a while. PJ Hill I THINK is on someone's practice squad. I know the Saints were playing him in the preseason.

Ikegewanu (If I spelled that right, holy shit) was a pretty good CB for the Badgers if I remember correctly. I see no reason why the Packers shouldn't try him out.

sharpe1027
11-25-2009, 11:22 AM

You are correct on Erasmus James. He got injured and is out of the league, or at least was when I checked a few months ago. He should be set for life though with the guaranteed money he got for being drafted in the first round. Not too bad of a break if you ask me.

Brian Calhoun was cut by the Lions, I think he's out of the league as well but I haven't checked in a while. PJ Hill I THINK is on someone's practice squad. I know the Saints were playing him in the preseason.

Ikegewanu (If I spelled that right, holy shit) was a pretty good CB for the Badgers if I remember correctly. I see no reason why the Packers shouldn't try him out.

DeAndre Levy has started and played a fair amount for the Lions.

channtheman
11-25-2009, 11:24 AM

DeAndre Levy has started and played a fair amount for the Lions.

I think Sorgi has been Peyton's backup since he got drafted. He seems okay with that too. Bollinger actually got to start his fair share of games for the Jets. I'm not sure what team he is on now of if he is in the league anymore.

Fosco33
11-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Badgers have their fair share of recent NFL players... others not previously mentioned.

Michael Bennett showed some flare.
Jim Leonhard is a stud (and a former walkon).
Casey Rabach has been very consistent for the Skins.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/alumni-tracker/school/1846

Bollinger stills plays in the UFL - along with Ross Kolodziej, Wendell Bryant, and Dan Buenning.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112409aaa.html

On Wisconsin

channtheman
11-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Don't know how I missed Leonhard. He is a stud and his only downfall (not that it affects his play) is that he is small. Even though he is always in the right place at the right time for interceptions, he gets cut because he is too small.

Merlin
11-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Ron Dayne was the one Badger who I was most disappointed with. I am not sure if it was Dayne or coaching but he was a good college back. He was a bruiser type but never really got into an offense that show cased his skills. Joe Thomas is a sore spot for me, that was the draft we picked Justin Harrell when we could have taken Quinn and gotten the franchise from the Browns to trade him to. Stupid move my Thompson, it was then and in hindsight, still is. I don't care that Quinn hasn't progressed into a good NFL QB, the Browns wanted him and gave up a ton to draft him. That could have been us, instead we have that All-Pro Justin Harrell.

Sorry didn't mean to get pissed.

Fosco33
11-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Ron Dayne was the one Badger who I was most disappointed with. I am not sure if it was Dayne or coaching but he was a good college back. He was a bruiser type but never really got into an offense that show cased his skills. Joe Thomas is a sore spot for me, that was the draft we picked Justin Harrell when we could have taken Quinn and gotten the franchise from the Browns to trade him to. Stupid move my Thompson, it was then and in hindsight, still is. I don't care that Quinn hasn't progressed into a good NFL QB, the Browns wanted him and gave up a ton to draft him. That could have been us, instead we have that All-Pro Justin Harrell.

Dayne was always laid back. He'd smoke weed and get wasted all weekend (been around him many times). Not sure he ever really wanted it.

While 'quick' - he was too big and easy to find. The small guys (AP, Johnson of current age) seem to do better. The 'busses' of the world are not as successful.

Fritz
11-25-2009, 01:04 PM

At the time, when I heard about the offer I was irked that Trade-Down Ted didn't take the deal. What was it, Cleveland's first, about eight picks later, plus the next year's first, plus that year's third?

Ted. He coulda had maybe a safety or left tackle. But he sure musta liked Harrell.

Maybe Harrell will play next year. Man, that'd be nice.

But it'd be nice if Drew Barrymore would call me, too.

sharpe1027
11-25-2009, 05:05 PM

Step away from the ledge!!! :wink: I think is a sore spot for all of us including Thompson.

Still, you can't really know what the Browns were offering the Packers. They could have conceivably low-balled the teams, including the Packers, before finally offering something good.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Ike was no worse than a 3rd. Ike had no character issues outside of the Xbox incident, and those talking about it obviously haven't paid attention to the facts. Try checking out the disposition of the case.

PJ is on the Iggles roster. Not practice squad.