PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Day football diversion

KYPack
11-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Second game - The Boyz vs. Oakland

Yuck, right?

Actually a lot of people have been looking forward to this game all year. Will Raider punter Shane Lechler hit the Jerry Board with a punt?

Lechler holds the NFL punting record, ace-ing out Sammy Baugh last season for one of the oldest records on the books. Lechler is thought to really be the NFL's strongest punter. God, I hope he hits that monstrosity and gets JJ's goat!

That would be better than pumpkin pie for me!

Watch and see. I usually cop out of the second game, but I may have to peek a little more this year.

Fritz
11-25-2009, 01:06 PM
That and the fact that Oakland has surprised a coupla teams this year, though both times it happened in Oakland.

I'd love to see Lechler hit that thing. What the hell would the league do? What's the rule on that? Can they penalize Jerry Jones for being an idiot?

Sparkey
11-25-2009, 01:08 PM
That and the fact that Oakland has surprised a coupla teams this year, though both times it happened in Oakland.

I'd love to see Lechler hit that thing. What the hell would the league do? What's the rule on that? Can they penalize Jerry Jones for being an idiot?

It is a dead ball and you replay the down. At least, I think that's how it works. Basically, the play never happened, except the coverage team is now tired from running down field to cover the punt. Advantage return team.

hoosier
11-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Maybe with that leg of his, Lechler has no difficulty in hitting the scoreboard repeatedly. We could see a scenario where, Oakland trailing 10-0 in the fourth quarter and punting, the game sinks into an endless loop of do-overs until, sometime after midnight, the officials finally decide to suspend it.

Partial
11-25-2009, 02:26 PM
epic first post in this thread KY. I too will be anxiously watching :lol:

Fritz
11-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Maybe with that leg of his, Lechler has no difficulty in hitting the scoreboard repeatedly. We could see a scenario where, Oakland trailing 10-0 in the fourth quarter and punting, the game sinks into an endless loop of do-overs until, sometime after midnight, the officials finally decide to suspend it.

This would be really cool. Lechler just keeps knocking it up against the stupid hanging Jerryboard until he breaks something or the Cowboys are penalized for having an egomaniac for an owner.

KYPack
11-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Heard a discussion of this on Sports radio this PM. The announcer guy didn't think Lechler will hit it. As Spark pointed out, you are hurting your return guys by making 'em run twice. The kid that did hit the board tried to do that and kicked it straight up in the air. Lechler will be driving the kick and it wouldn't be high enuff to bop that big ass scoreboard.

I hate Jerry Jones with all the fiber of my being. When the Cowpukes lose, I am always SO happy.

sharpe1027
11-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Heard a discussion of this on Sports radio this PM. The announcer guy didn't think Lechler will hit it. As Spark pointed out, you are hurting your return guys by making 'em run twice. The kid that did hit the board tried to do that and kicked it straight up in the air. Lechler will be driving the kick and it wouldn't be high enuff to bop that big ass scoreboard.

I hate Jerry Jones with all the fiber of my being. When the Cowpukes lose, I am always SO happy.

I like the infinite loop idea better than reality.

Scott Campbell
11-25-2009, 04:43 PM
My TV's warranty gets voided if I punt a football into it.

sharpe1027
11-25-2009, 04:57 PM

You know that from first-hand experience?

Fritz
11-25-2009, 06:30 PM

Me too. When Washington/Dallas was THE marquee matchup of the early 80's, I always, always rooted for the hogs.

Frickin' Cowgirls.

MJZiggy
11-25-2009, 09:22 PM

Ahhh fondly imagining the sight of the monstrosity shattering and them having to delay the game while they try and clean it all up...I'm sure the look on ol JJ's face would be priceless.

KYPack
11-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Snake didn't bump the punter thread?

I will bump my own thread bc I hate Jerry Jones.

He's a nouveau riche Arkansas hillbilly that typifies all that is wrong with 3rd millennium NFL owners.

Mr Lechler, Tear Down This Scoreboard!

woodbuck27
11-27-2009, 03:58 PM

Good one Scott. :D

but . . . what really happened. I didn't see the Oakland at Dallas ' almost a ' game .