PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers @ Lions Turkey Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Lurker64
11-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Go Cowboys (take the division)

From a purely Packer-partisan perspective, don't we want someone other than the Cowboys to win the division and for the Cowboys to be in contention for a Wild Card spot since we hold the tie breaker over the Cowboys for the Wild Card?

red
11-26-2009, 03:02 PM
woodson is just amazing

still getting better with age

loved the heisman pose

Fosco33
11-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Go Cowboys (take the division)

From a purely Packer-partisan perspective, don't we want someone other than the Cowboys to win the division and for the Cowboys to be in contention for a Wild Card spot since we hold the tie breaker over the Cowboys for the Wild Card?

interesting take...

Eagles (6-4)
- Skins (W)
- Falcons (W)
- Giants (?) - either way helps/hurts us
- Niners (W)
- Broncos (L)
- Cowboys (?) - who knows...

So Eagles could be 10-6 or 11-5.

Cowboys (7-3)
- Raiders (W)
- Giants (?) - big game for us
- Chargers (L)
- Saints (L)
- Skins (W)
- Eagles (?) - see above

So Cowboys could also be 10-6 or 11-5.
Then who wins Division (if Eagles, we get a spot on Cowboys?).

Giants (6-4)
- Broncos (L)
- Cowboys (?) - see above
- Eagles (?) - see above
- Skins (W)
- Panthers (W)
- Vikings (W - only because the Vikes will have 2nd spot locked up)

Again - Giants go 10-6 or 11-5.

So you'd prefer the Giants or Eagles to win division. Guess I'd rather see Cowboys take division (because they're playing worst of 3) and Giants or Eagles falter so we're number 5 easy.

KYPack
11-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Gex

3-0?

Take us in against those nasty Ravens.

Maybe we can do some damage this year still.

Partial
11-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Matthew Stafford to start!

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/11/source_rookie_quarterback_matt.html

This kid has gigantic balls.

I have a man crush on Matt Stafford. I cannot help it!

Are you coming out today? or did I miss that in the past?

o_0 Stafford is my guy. Dude has physical tools and moxy off the charts. Too bad he's in the hell hole of Detroit. He may be the most physically gifted QB in the division.

Awesome win today. 7-4 is feeling pretty good. Still going to be a battle for the wild card, though. This team is starting to gel.

The Shadow
11-26-2009, 03:29 PM

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/11/source_rookie_quarterback_matt.html

o_0 Stafford is my guy. Dude has physical tools and moxy off the charts. Too bad he's in the hell hole of Detroit. He may be the most physically gifted QB in the division.
Awesome win today. 7-4 is feeling pretty good. Still going to be a battle for the wild card, though. This team is starting to gel.

Huh????

Guiness
11-26-2009, 03:40 PM

Huh????

lol - my reaction as well.

Gifts? Whatever your feelings on him, Favre is without a doubt, head and shoulders (and a chunk of his ribcage) above the rest.

The other 3 are in a bit of a slurry, and again, as far as how gifted they are, Cutler, who I think is the worst QB in the division, could well be #2. He just happens to have a 10¢ brain to go along with that arm.

Partial
11-26-2009, 10:34 PM

Huh????

Gifts? Whatever your feelings on him, Favre is without a doubt, head and shoulders (and a chunk of his ribcage) above the rest.

The other 3 are in a bit of a slurry, and again, as far as how gifted they are, Cutler, who I think is the worst QB in the division, could well be #2. He just happens to have a 10¢ brain to go along with that arm.

Favre doesn't have the arm or mobility of this kid now. He has by far the best arm in the division (strength wise) and his mobility is good. He has moxie and I love him. He will be a super star IF he gets out of Detroit.

Bretsky
11-27-2009, 08:18 AM

Huh????

Favre doesn't have the arm or mobility of this kid now. He has by far the best arm in the division (strength wise) and his mobility is good. He has moxie and I love him. He will be a super star IF he gets out of Detroit.

Don't use Detroit as a crutch because he's there and probably for good
Payton Manning became a star on a poor organization at the time

I see a lot of potential that may be realized in Stafford but long term at this point I'd much rather have the guy we have now.

sheepshead
11-27-2009, 08:23 AM

Why do we have to put up with this?

Zool
11-27-2009, 09:27 AM

Mine as well get used to it. Kettle

mraynrand
11-27-2009, 09:34 AM

Mine as well get used to it. Kettle

ZING!

Scott Campbell
11-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Stafford's throw while rolling left near the end of the game was a thing of beauty. There aren't many (if any) other QB's in the NFL that can make that throw.

That said, he's green as hell, and will have to develop extensively if he's going to become an elite NFL QB - the way Rodgers is.

woodbuck27
11-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Stafford's throw while rolling left near the end of the game was a thing of beauty. There aren't many (if any) other QB's in the NFL that can make that throw.

That said, he's green as hell, and will have to develop extensively if he's going to become an elite NFL QB - the way Rodgers is.

It's unfortunate that Stafford had to be thrown into the fire. Aaron Rodgers behind Favre for three seasons was a good thing for us.