PDA

View Full Version : Best Online Streaming Music Programs/Websites: [url]www.last.fm[/url]

SnakeLH2006
11-26-2009, 02:06 AM
http://www.last.fm/home

This is where it's at for music in the new age mp3/streaming version of the Internet. Just a fantastic site....just about any song with LIVE streams from EVERY artist/band.

Snake was a big contributor to Youtube for 3 years with songs/videos, but grew past that. I learned of this website last.fm a year ago and really liked it, but now that I saw it was a free update for Xbox LIVE members (have to subscribe to last.fm) I just joined this site yesterday and couldn't be happier. Just amazing with the artists...haven't been unable to find anyone I've searched for, and doubt I ever buy another CD again now.

Here's how it works:

You don't have to join, but it's free and easy...and can Google any artist/band you want and add your fav. songs/artists, etc. It plays just about EVERY song from those artists (streams to your laptop/PC) and has smart AI to suggest songs/artists similar to your tastes. It's all free and great.

I discovered many artists/songs I never heard of (and have over 3000 CD's over the years). I'm a HUGE fan of music.

It's really addictive and something you can play in the background on your computer or Xbox 360...and free.

Check it out. It'd be fun to post up your tags/join if you want to see what the other Rats like/listen to as you can check out myriads of stats/songs/artists of what they listen to. For example, you can check out the type of music I listen to (most Rats prob. wouldn't like it) and add your own, etc. It's just awesomeness for music and totally free. Join up and add your thoughts.

Personally, Snake is mostly 90's underground rap, but enjoys some Rage Against the Machine, Nirvana, Korn, Hinder, current rock, etc. You can also check other users that listened to a certain song/artist and see what they like/listen to...a great way to learn of new songs/artists you've never heard.

It's a work in progress, as I'll keep adding new artists as I hear them (just joined up), but this thread is a great, current way to expand your musical interests amongst other Rats. This has nothing to do with my rap/rock interests but your own...check it out...you'll see how this will change your outlook on PC music. You'll never need to own another CD...as you can listen to/burn those songs into mp3s but figure that one out yourself....Snake ain't saying how to do that.

Enjoy. Should be a fun thread. But check it out....Just amazing and you'll be using this everyday on your PC/laptop.

Feel free to offer up any other good music services for online use that you may use, as well.

-Snake-

digitaldean
11-26-2009, 09:35 PM
I joined Pandora awhile back. It's pretty decent. Allows me to listen to some of the music I partied with back in my new wave/punk dancing days of the early 80s.

Partial
11-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Pandora is the bomb. I'm a cheapass though and after I register a new account to using mailinator every week (after the 40 hour limit is hit) and keep jamming out fo' free.

Huge fan of The Postal Service, O.A.R., and Muse stations

BallHawk
11-27-2009, 12:59 AM

OAR played at this year's Gator Growl (the homecoming concert for the University of Florida). They were horrible. They seemed like they didn't want to be there, half-assed there songs, and were just all around boring as an entertainment group. I don't know if they're always like that, but it left a horrible impression.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-27-2009, 04:05 AM

OAR played at this year's Gator Growl (the homecoming concert for the University of Florida). They were horrible. They seemed like they didn't want to be there, half-assed there songs, and were just all around boring as an entertainment group. I don't know if they're always like that, but it left a horrible impression.

OAR=Bad frat rock

Zool
11-27-2009, 08:59 AM
That gives bad frat rock a worse name than it already has. Its bad hippy frat jam music.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-28-2009, 12:00 AM
That gives bad frat rock a worse name than it already has. Its bad hippy frat jam music.

Ty thinks the jamming days are long gone. Every song ty hears of theirs seems pretty frat rock/pedestrian.

SnakeLH2006
11-28-2009, 01:34 AM
What the hell is frat rock? Fraternity hyped hipster rock songs?

Yo, Hawk, sorry, Snake hasn't been on Xbox much lately, and didn't try the last.fm update yet, but I'm loving it on my laptop...how's it play on there (Xbox 360)? Can you stream it while you game? That would be badass, sir....just loving this site though. It's got everything (artists/songs) with a sweet ass interface to boot. This is the best thing to happen to the Internet since RedTube. :?

Zool
11-28-2009, 04:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipy58SaIRhs